`Ray`

Jul 12, 2020
whats the next game about?
View attachment 1747496
View attachment 1747497
View attachment 1747498

Not one to spend too much time relishing in the completion of one project (not entirely, but more on that below), we're hard at work pulling 0.01.0 of The Interim Domain together. A fair amount of the development for this title was done in the background over the past year, during what little free time we had. Of course, when the big crunch of the last few releases ate up most of our schedule, development work got put on the back-burner.

Much like Now & Then, the base user interface isn't anywhere near final. I figure over the span of the next few updates, some of these items will be replaced with more customized features. The gallery won't even go live until there's a scene worth putting into it. This includes the main splash page, which will be updated as the story progresses. Mostly, at this point, I want to minimize spoiling character reveals just yet.

Story- and content-wise, The Interim Domain 0.01.0 will probably cover the same amount of acreage as the first two episodes of Now & Then (if not a little more). You'll only meet a handful on the final cast, with just enough of the story provided to give you an taste of the setting and your main character's motivations.

On Now & Then - While 0.26.0 is the final story release, we are working on a clean up of the game for an inevitable Final release. This includes code cleanup, minor rewrites and some reshoots, especially from the early chapters where I'm not entirely happy how certain things looked. As a part of the code redo, we're adding in a Chapter Select option, to start the game later in the story, and an Unlock All button for the gallery. Doing this, though, will probably make most of your old saves unusable. Stuff you've already unlocked in the persistent file? That'll still be there. But, the work to clean up the old code and add the Chapter Select stuff forced our hand on it.

Here is a sneak peek of the content updates you can expect (Chapter Select/Outtakes/Unlock):

View attachment 1747500

Thanks for your support and your interest,

-Kinderfeld

Reactions: Jxorgx

cubba

Jul 12, 2018
The description of The Interim Domain has similarities to Angel Beats wich was depressing as fuck. I hope TID it is nothing like that though.

Cickic

Feb 29, 2020
With my playthrough I don't have Julie and Sydney showing up. The first mention of them being there was only from Alice at the pool and Julie's son seeing hana walk out in a tiny bikini. Alice also mentioned something about how Hana treated Julie and Sydney when they came but she was the only one that said anything about them being there. It seemed like it was ended with on a spur of the moment and we should just pretend they came back and found us without it being in the story. I even went back a couple chapters to see if I some how missed them showing up but they never did. I couldn't even finish as it broke the whole flow of the game.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
With my playthrough I don't have Julie and Sydney showing up. The first mention of them being there was only from Alice at the pool and Julie's son seeing hana walk out in a tiny bikini. Alice also mentioned something about how Hana treated Julie and Sydney when they came but she was the only one that said anything about them being there. It seemed like it was ended with on a spur of the moment and we should just pretend they came back and found us without it being in the story. I even went back a couple chapters to see if I some how missed them showing up but they never did. I couldn't even finish as it broke the whole flow of the game.
Julie and Sydney show up right after the picnic on the dock in chapter 23.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Julie and Sydney show up right after the picnic on the dock in chapter 23.
Only if Sydney is pregnant and her like was high enough .. just adding that as it was not automatic that they showed up. There was an ending for them if they stayed in at the camp.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
You are correct - I just validated in my WT (and the script) as I was not remembering correctly. I am old which is why I write this shit down :)

Thatmonkeyman

Feb 14, 2020
Im getting an error when trying to load a save with the mod
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3101, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3910, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1053, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 48, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 720, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1243, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 245, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 975, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 910, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 329, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 767, in load
    log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2173, in unfreeze
    self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2005, in rollback
    self.load_failed()
  File "renpy/python.py", line 1923, in load_failed
    raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Now and Then 0.26.0
Sun Apr 10 21:43:20 2022
Can somebody tell me what i did wrong? Thanks

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Im getting an error when trying to load a save with the mod
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    renpy.load(fn)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3101, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3910, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 48, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 720, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 975, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 910, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 329, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 767, in load
    log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2173, in unfreeze
    self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2005, in rollback
    self.load_failed()
  File "renpy/python.py", line 1923, in load_failed
    raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Now and Then 0.26.0
Sun Apr 10 21:43:20 2022
Can somebody tell me what i did wrong? Thanks
Modded game saves work on modded game only. Unmodded game saves work on unmodded game only.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Modded game saves work on modded game only. Unmodded game saves work on unmodded game only.
Often true but not always. It depends on the scope of the mod. Some mods require no additional variables and don't alter the content of a save. The less intrusive the mod the more likely a save will work with both the modded and unmodded game. Most mod developers make it clear if their mod is likely to cause problems with saves.

Most of the time I take advantage of the mods available here, but I usually also play an unmodded path.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Often true but not always. It depends on the scope of the mod. Some mods require no additional variables and don't alter the content of a save. The less intrusive the mod the more likely a save will work with both the modded and unmodded game. Most mod developers make it clear if their mod is likely to cause problems with saves.

Most of the time I take advantage of the mods available here, but I usually also play an unmodded path.
Well, this thread is about this game, therefore I was talking about this game, of course.

It is a modded save but the save is from chapter 16 so maybe thats the problem. If it is do you know where I can get the .25 version of the mod
Why should you play the unfinished 0.25 version?

Anyway, you'd better avoid playing the modded game because it totally breaks the story continuity.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
Love this game but fuck me, it feels like every second release or so my save games get buggered up and I need to restart

K18

Apr 19, 2018
TheInterimDomain Update Banner copy.jpg
TheInterimDomain Sample Pics 2.jpg TheInterimDomain Sample Pics copy.jpg

The Interim Domain 0.01.0 update #2 and release schedule
And here it is... the schedule announcement for 0.01.0 of The Interim Domain. Usually, we'd like to have a mid-development update, but with some of the content in varying states of built early on, even before Now & Then was finished, we have the first release in a playable state. Unlike N&T, where each release was done in an episodic manner, The Interim Domain will likely see regular releases based on story beats, with many of the side stories getting monthly updates. For 0.01.0, the story introduces the main character and the setting, while inserting hooks for future story-lines. It's early, yet, and I would say that the main cast won't fully be revealed until 0.04.0.

In terms of the user interface, it's further along that N&T's 0.01.0, especially in light of the fact that I had to do a bit of customized code for the menus that had to be adjusted for Android (both cellphone and tablet interfaces). But, that's not to say there aren't some placeholders until we're deeper into the story (I wouldn't want to give too much away, yet.).

So, in light that we're celebrating ILS Productions' and Now & Then's 2-year anniversary today, I'm proud to announce that our second project will be available on the below schedule.

Here's the release schedule for 0.01.0 (all scheduled for 11:59 am EDT release):
Tier 3 - April 15, 2022
Tier 2 -
April 17, 2022
Tier 1 -
April 19, 2022
Public -
April 20, 2022
Change Log 0.01.0
  • First release
Thanks for your support and your interest,
-Kinderfeld

Jellyluve

Apr 17, 2017
I want to ask before I dive into the game is the bugfix on the OP still needed, or has the dev already fixed those bugs?

4.60 star(s) 281 Votes