Jun 27, 2021
So I liked naomi in the game and in the end she told me she is pregnant and thats it?No wedding scenes or something after that confession scene?

nkhonsaigon

Jan 11, 2019
has anyone encountered the glitch when stats disappear? Only Naomi and Carol remain on my stats menu and i tried reinstalling the game but even that didnt fix it. Worst thing is, it also deletes scenes of the other girls I've unlocked from the gallery.

Last edited:

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
has anyone encountered the glitch when stats disappear? Only Naomi and Carol remain on my stats menu and i tried reinstalling the game but even that didnt fix it. Worst thing is, it also deletes scenes of the other girls I've unlocked from the gallery.
I am perplexed by this. First are you on Android or PC or Mac? The only way what you describe happens is if the persistent file gets erased. That file is stored in same location as the saves (varies by OS). If the file is gone, or was deleted, something had to delete it. That something is either a program or a user's action (ie, you deleted it). If you are PC (Windows or Mac or Linux) check if you have Anti-virus and see if it removed the save directory (various locations). No clue how to handle android - as I have an android phone but don't game on it as I have a Linux PC (and Windows and Mac technically).

Also you are the first I have seen report this for this game on this thread.

nkhonsaigon

Jan 11, 2019
I am perplexed by this. First are you on Android or PC or Mac? The only way what you describe happens is if the persistent file gets erased. That file is stored in same location as the saves (varies by OS). If the file is gone, or was deleted, something had to delete it. That something is either a program or a user's action (ie, you deleted it). If you are PC (Windows or Mac or Linux) check if you have Anti-virus and see if it removed the save directory (various locations). No clue how to handle android - as I have an android phone but don't game on it as I have a Linux PC (and Windows and Mac technically).

Also you are the first I have seen report this for this game on this thread.
I'm on a Window. It's interesting that you mentioned the save directory, because I also thought something was wrong with that as well. I tried moving the save files (including the persistent) out of the directory (in my case C:\Users\(myname)\Downloads\NowandThen-0.26.0-pc\NowandThen-0.26.0-pc\game\saves) after the glitch happened. But for some reasons, the saves were still accessible after I opened the game. I tried deleting the saves, but they were still accessible in the game. Is there a secondary location where the save files and the persistent are stored? I can check it out to see if I can mess with it.

Lorric17

May 25, 2017
Is there a secondary location where the save files and the persistent are stored? I can check it out to see if I can mess with it.
Yes, Ren'py games save in two locations (at least on Windows, not sure about the other OS's). One location is in the game folder, as you have seen, and the other is under appdata. More specifically C:\Users\<accountname>\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\NowandThen_ATale

Reactions: nkhonsaigon

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
I'm on a Window. It's interesting that you mentioned the save directory, because I also thought something was wrong with that as well. I tried moving the save files (including the persistent) out of the directory (in my case C:\Users\(myname)\Downloads\NowandThen-0.26.0-pc\NowandThen-0.26.0-pc\game\saves) after the glitch happened. But for some reasons, the saves were still accessible after I opened the game. I tried deleting the saves, but they were still accessible in the game. Is there a secondary location where the save files and the persistent are stored? I can check it out to see if I can mess with it.
Lorric17 already mentioned it for Windows. https://f95zone.to/threads/now-then-v0-26-0-ilsproductions.51634/post-8410231 That location is where the persistent and the actual save files are located for most RenPy games.

All saves are in /home/<username>/.renpy/<gamename>/ on Linux. Not sure about Mac as I don't game on it - just have a Hackintosh (Mac OS running in a virtual machine) so I can test out some stuff I need for work.

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Hot damn this game completed already! It completed completely flew under my radar :unsure: . Is the dev going to release another FINAL version with bug fixes, enhancements etc. or I should just downloaded the v.0.26.0 Complete release? Thanks.

Coaxmetal

Nov 29, 2019
Hot damn this game completed already! It completed completely flew under my radar :unsure: . Is the dev going to release another FINAL version with bug fixes, enhancements etc. or I should just downloaded the v.0.26.0 Complete release? Thanks.
IIRC they are going to do some improvements/fixes to the alternate scenes which are unlocked as you play. I’d recommend playing it now - it is a huge game and a great experience on the main harem path.

And also recommend not using the wt mod which lets you see all the scenes. Really messes up the flow in the beginning parts and in the end you don’t miss much in the entire game.

Coaxmetal

Nov 29, 2019
Actually I may have been wrong about the improvements. On may 30th the dev wrote:
Now & Then FINAL update:
We've gotten the work for the first eight chapters finished (or close enough - there might be a few extra re-shoots here and there). Already written and partially shot are two new Julie scenes for Part 2, one of which is a Then scene and the other is in Chapter 16. At this point, I figure there'll be a lot fewer re-shoots to clean up old scenes and more work adding either new content or tweaking scenes that are already in there.
I’d still play it. Then replay the improvements and alt scenes later.

Reactions: JohnF95zone

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Actually I may have been wrong about the improvements. On may 30th the dev wrote:

I’d still play it. Then replay the improvements and alt scenes later.
Cool. Thanks. I think I will wait to download the Final update. I will continue playing the old version v.0.23.0 that I have (had forgotten about this game for a while because I was anticipating the conclusion). I think I was almost halfway through.

Geralt_R

Jun 4, 2022
The story will always be the same, more or less, however you do have a lot of choices when it comes to the love interests. You can, in theory, avoid them all (not that it makes sense) and end up lonely, you can pick and choose... or you can engage with them all and make them all happy. You can also break a love interest's heart if you really want to.

There are quite a few variations for the endings, too many to list here, there are many variables. There is optional pregnancy, an optional threesome (the threesome has various configurations and you can pick who the second female will be), then there is the question of who your main love interest is and if you are on a solo path with everyone else being just good friends, if some former LIs are heartbroken or if there is a happy harem. You can also decide if Naomi becomes bisexual or not (if you want a threesome allowing her to explore her sexuality is mandatory, but telling her you want her for yourself all the way etc has no negative repercussions either, you don't miss out on many scenes, there is not all that much girl on girl action in the game).

The total number of romanceable characters is not that huge, the potential harem is on the smaller side. There are four main love interests. Daughter Carol, her best friend Naomi, Naomi's mom Alice and Sydney (the gorgeous redhead). Then there are friends with benefits: Hana who enters the game pretty late (Hana is pretty interesting though) and a former colleague of the MC's deceased wife, Julie, who has very few scenes and has also the option to become a good friend with benefits at the end.

It's up to you if some characters exit the story and are left behind (Sydney can be lost forever for example, something I would of course not recommend you do).

So the options are almost all about the love interests. The main story beats are more or less pretty linear. Some details in the main story can differ, but nothing too major. You will always go from place A to B to eventually C and then have a final confrontation with bad guys. The big question is who you end up with and how many you end up with. That's totally up to you.

Reactions: JohnF95zone

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
The story will always be the same, more or less, however you do have a lot of choices when it comes to the love interests. You can, in theory, avoid them all (not that it makes sense) and end up lonely, you can pick and choose... or you can engage with them all and make them all happy. You can also break a love interest's heart if you really want to.

There are quite a few variations for the endings, too many to list here, there are many variables. There is optional pregnancy, an optional threesome (the threesome has various configurations and you can pick who the second female will be), then there is the question of who your main love interest is and if you are on a solo path with everyone else being just good friends, if some former LIs are heartbroken or if there is a happy harem. You can also decide if Naomi becomes bisexual or not (if you want a threesome allowing her to explore her sexuality is mandatory, but telling her you want her for yourself all the way etc has no negative repercussions either, you don't miss out on many scenes, there is not all that much girl on girl action in the game).

The total number of romanceable characters is not that huge, the potential harem is on the smaller side. There are four main love interests. Daughter Carol, her best friend Naomi, Naomi's mom Alice and Sydney (the gorgeous redhead). Then there are friends with benefits: Hana who enters the game pretty late (Hana is pretty interesting though) and a former colleague of the MC's deceased wife, Julie, who has very few scenes and has also the option to become a good friend with benefits at the end.

It's up to you if some characters exit the story and are left behind (Sydney can be lost forever for example, something I would of course not recommend you do).

So the options are almost all about the love interests. The main story beats are more or less pretty linear. Some details in the main story can differ, but nothing too major. You will always go from place A to B to eventually C and then have a final confrontation with bad guys. The big question is who you end up with and how many you end up with. That's totally up to you.
Well said, thorough explanation. I'm nearly the halfway mark at Chapter 12 and they are the same vibe that I got so far, particularly regarding choices. Fundamentally, the choices matter in shaping the relationship between the MC and his LIs. While it is easy to scrutinize the very low headcount for a harem game but when we look at the perspective that this game setting is a zombie post-apocalyptic world then there wouldn't be as many women we would have wanted (unless if you want to add Zombiestility and include the zombies:p:ROFLMAO:). My MC is with Carol and Naomi, and we are building relationship with Sydney. Looking forward to reunion with Alice, who was presumed to be dead and MC had great time with back Then.

Whilst the game lacks in quantity, it sure make up in quality, wherein the MC built a deep relationship bond with his LIs, that are spread out between what happened back Then and what they are doing Now. If you appreciate good storytelling then you will most certainly get hooked and invested in this one. It is huge as mentioned by Coaxmetal et. al and I wholeheartedly agree. there's a ton wall of texts coming your way and the sex scenes (mostly intimate passionate lovemaking) are plenty too at later part of the game, not so much in the beginning if I remembered correctly.

Hope that contributes to the discussion, and helps answered rafaaa and other curious souls.

K18

Apr 19, 2018

Now & Then FINAL

We are still working on this as time allows. We're up to Chapter 13 now and at this point, its easy to tell we hit our stride here. There isn't a lot to clean up shot or code-wise and most of what's being done is to add an animation here or a few extra shots to extend a moment there. One suggestion that came up was to extend the Game Over moments during Chapter 11. We've added a small epilogue (like a mid-credit scene) rather than just the red flash and fade straight to the Game Over screen.

Thanks for your support and interest,
-Kinderfeld

Thayron

May 2, 2017

Now & Then FINAL
We are still working on this as time allows. We're up to Chapter 13 now and at this point, its easy to tell we hit our stride here. There isn't a lot to clean up shot or code-wise and most of what's being done is to add an animation here or a few extra shots to extend a moment there. One suggestion that came up was to extend the Game Over moments during Chapter 11. We've added a small epilogue (like a mid-credit scene) rather than just the red flash and fade straight to the Game Over screen.

Thanks for your support and interest,
-Kinderfeld
So, will the game have a new version with these changes?

4.60 star(s) 281 Votes