K18

Apr 19, 2018
TheInterimDomain Update Banner copy.jpg
TheInterimDomain Sample Pic 1.jpg TheInterimDomain Sample Pic 2.jpg

Now and Then FINAL (Director's Cut)
Right now, we're somewhere between Chapters 18 and 20, working on cleaning up the script and some tweaks to the code. A new scene's been added to 20 and we're on the lookout for more moments to fill in. Between now and the end of the rework, we have the fun of knowing what we want to add but also trying to find out where we can squeeze it in so that it fits into the mood and narrative. When the last five chapters are already packed tight, it can prove to be a challenge.

And make no mistake, with all the new content, this is a full-blown Director's Cut. We already have six new gallery scenes in various states and need to add new conversations and scenes for the bonus ending sequences. Yes, this is formal confirmation of what I've been hinting at for a few months now: There are two new endings being added. How to get one of them will require a certain set of decisions to unlock it. And if you have trouble, there'll always be the gallery unlock option and an unlock for viewing the endings.

Thanks for your interest and patronage,
-Kinderfeld

13lokiz

Sep 12, 2020
I'm really looking forward to the "Director's Cut", but before that gets here, I wanted to release a bit of work I did on the current script allowing the daughter's name to be changed and allowing for her to call the MC "dad" instead of his name. I do want to stress that this is not a perfect mod, with some big programming and some minor story issues, but it works ok with some caveats. Details are as follows:

• Allows the Daughter to be renamed. Pretty straightforward for the main story, but does have issues with the gallery.
  • Allows the Daughter (and others) to call MC "Dad", "Daddy", "my dad", "your dad", etc instead of only by his name. This was pretty intensive as the specific name changes based on the situation and who's speaking to who. It also involved a bit of rework to maintain continuity regarding who knows that MC and the Daughter are family and when they know it.
  • Allows Naomi to call MC "Daddy" in sexual situations. (honestly, I put it in there, but I wasn't particularly happy with it and didn't play with it on after testing it.)
  • These are all optional during play and can be changed/disabled from the preferences menu.
Problems I know of:

• Saves will for some reason start a little before where you actually saved after restarting the game. I'm not really sure why this is. I think it's due to the added lines of code for the renaming somehow, but I'm not sure. Be aware that it could affect your stats. For example: saving just after a significant choice, getting the stat variable adjusted, then restarting and reloading the save, which sends you to before the choice, making the choice again, and getting a second stat adjustment.
  • I also had issues with the alternate scenes and saves. Once passing the checkpoint for a new alternate scene to show up, if the game was restarted, it would cause that save to not work. I would need to start a new playthrough, fast forward back to the save point and then save again. Then new saves would work again (even after restart), at least until a new alternate scene was unlocked and the game restarted, then rinse and repeat. If you've unlocked all the alt scenes, then it's not a big deal, but otherwise, it's holding down ctrl and remembering choices for 5 minutes every time you restart.
  • The gallery freaks out because it doesn't have a variable for the daughter's name. I tried to find a solution and I think it could be fixed with a persistent variable, but I'm still new to this and don't know how to implement/fix that. I don't normally use galleries (I use saves), so it never bothered me too much, but it can be temporarily fixed for that particular replay by opening the console and inputting "$ daughter_name = 'Carol'" (or other name besides Carol).
  • The Stats screen shows "Carol" instead of your inputted name. I couldn't find where that screen is in the game folder to change it. I thought it was the Images.rpy file, but nothing I did on that seemed to make a difference.
Overall, this worked for me, but I'm not a programmer and am fairly new to altering scripts, so there's definitely things I need to learn and could use some help with. I just really didn't like the name Carol and wanted to change it, along with having her call me Dad instead of by name. If anyone is interested and/or can fix these other problems, it'd be appreciated. I also wanted to release it to ILSProductions for them to maybe add these features before the Director's Cut if they chose to do so (I freely release any edits to be used by them). That would really be ideal for me, and I'm sure they could narrow down exactly the hangups.

Install is like most patches: unzip and put in the "game" folder.

Also see my other , a completely unrelated game, patched for completely different reasons to this (Thank you ILS for even doing a basic spellcheck). But it didn't have the save issues I got with Now & Then, so I thought that's weird.

Last edited:
Reactions: CadeKudi and haooni

dkabal

Feb 28, 2021

Overview:
Now & Then is a story of Jack (or a name of your choosing) Brooks, a widower who lives with his adopted teenage daughter, Carol, during the aftermath of a global pandemic. Throughout the story, players witness the string of events that finds Jack adopting Carol and how they grow into a family unit before the collapse of civilized society. Inspired by Stephen King’s The Stand and numerous zombie movies and books, Now & Then is a tale of survivors learning to cope with life as it comes to them.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thread Updated: 2022-03-31
Release Date: 2022-03-30
Developer: ILSProductions - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.26.0
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - MEGA - -
Mac: - MEGA - -
Android: - MEGA - -
Others: COMPRESSED -
Bugfix

Extras: FAN SIGNATURES - WALKTHROUGH MOD - -

* This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.
** Not provided or maintained by F95Zone.

View attachment 645645 View attachment 645646 View attachment 645642 View attachment 645644 View attachment 645643 View attachment 677399 View attachment 677400 View attachment 677401 View attachment 677402 View attachment 703749 View attachment 703751 View attachment 726677 View attachment 748102 View attachment 748103 View attachment 748104 View attachment 813140 View attachment 813141 View attachment 813142
Android apk seems invalid =(

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
Step-father

Give it a chance
There's a biological mother/daughter scene as well.

Honestly, I don't know why non-blood relatives fall under the incest tag. To me, incest is sexual intercourse with a close relative like parents, grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles and cousins. Once you get to like second and third cousins, it's not really that taboo any more. It's a distant relative with enough genetic diversity that it shouldn't really matter.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
There's a biological mother/daughter scene as well.

Honestly, I don't know why non-blood relatives fall under the incest tag. To me, incest is sexual intercourse with a close relative like parents, grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles and cousins. Once you get to like second and third cousins, it's not really that taboo any more. It's a distant relative with enough genetic diversity that it shouldn't really matter.
There are a couple of things with that. The Taboo is based on biological incest, as you stated - genetic diversity. However in some western cultures, there has been a change in the last 200 years or so of having step/adopted children and wards being considered "family" due to legal frameworks. A step/adopted child and wards have all the same legal protections of biological family, and with an increase in child protective laws in the last 50 years (incest, rape, underage sex, etc.) the two just have combined to now be totally assimilated as the same taboo. If you, as an adult had sex with a minor (17 and under in most US states) under your care, there are laws there which prohibit that behavior. Again - family is an ever changing definition, same with woman/man if you listen to our politicians.

What the tag represents on this site and what society in general sees, might be two different things (like NTR or Futa/Trans debates which go on endlessly on this site). It just is what it is.

Zerorox

Dec 5, 2021
Omg it's so Hard not to say "Fuck off" to Hana, but after fucking all other characters in one run... I'm feeling MC just must fuck her too LOL
But seriously I Will try some "Carol only" run next time, she's unrealistically perfect LI (not sure such loyal, loving, understanding... women even exist in real world), perhaps to the point of being boring for some players//

Last edited:

Zerorox

Dec 5, 2021
Finished my first run with Carol main/full harem, it took a week for Me.
Now I feel some emptyness, rare shit when long and good story come to an end.
Rare game of adult genre I've no intention to delete after completing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bloodguard

McGreed

Apr 17, 2019
This has to be the coolest zombie apocalypse VN on here. Now it's finished, I want more :(
Well, you can check Interim Domain, new game from this developer, if you want. But I'd say its a little bit "fresh" and there is not so much content in it.

Jul 7, 2022
Well, you can check Interim Domain, new game from this developer, if you want. But I'd say its a little bit "fresh" and there is not so much content in it.
I meant like similar zombie apocalypse like this one was? I checked out the new one and being sandbox I really don't like that style. Thanks anyway!

McGreed

Apr 17, 2019
I meant like similar zombie apocalypse like this one was? I checked out the new one and being sandbox I really don't like that style. Thanks anyway!
Oh, the same zombie setting. Yeah, here I can't help you :KEK:
I mean, there are few more games with similar plot, but they're not even close to this one in terms of quality.

Reactions: 13lokiz

erkper

May 16, 2018
This has to be the coolest zombie apocalypse VN on here. Now it's finished, I want more :(
Yeah I haven't found one that captured the whole suspense and dread setting that this has.
It's a testament to the dev how well he did with this super VN!
Interim Domain isn't really sandbox IMO. At the moment there are more options than you can pursue in one chapter so some people insisted that meant it required a sandbox tag. But the Dev has said that will be taken care of in future chapters so you'll be able to "catch up" any of the characters you missed/fell behind on.

As for other zombie apocalypse games, I really liked Kindred, the Redburns but sadly that was abandoned. :(

Jul 7, 2022
Interim Domain isn't really sandbox IMO. At the moment there are more options than you can pursue in one chapter so some people insisted that meant it required a sandbox tag. But the Dev has said that will be taken care of in future chapters so you'll be able to "catch up" any of the characters you missed/fell behind on.

As for other zombie apocalypse games, I really liked Kindred, the Redburns but sadly that was abandoned. :(
Oh okay, I might check it out then. I don't know if I tried the Redburns but there was a vampire VN that got abandoned and I loved it, can't remember what it was though. It was good though!

Reactions: erkper

erkper

May 16, 2018
Oh okay, I might check it out then. I don't know if I tried the Redburns but there was a vampire VN that got abandoned and I loved it, can't remember what it was though. It was good though!
If vampires work for you too, try Rebirth. It's been very good IMO, now on season 4 and the plot still has room to grow.

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
I think you should wait for and play Diablo IV instead, because you are a big part of it;):ROFLMAO: Sorry, I am joking, can't help it.

4.60 star(s) 281 Votes