flynn0426

Nov 17, 2019
Why do I keep seeing shit like Scenes unlocked: Chapter Nine, Ten, and Eleven with new scenes I don't recognize the thumbnails of and cannot find in the gallery? Like new scenes with Sydney, alt scenes, and extended scenes. But they are nowhere in the gallery that I see at all as I am playing? I am playing with the harem and walkthrough mod installed, so it's confusing as hell for me.

flynn0426

Nov 17, 2019
It's kind of disappointing that the author wanted to do this whole "You can be polyamorous now with your daughter and her friend, you don't have to abide by SOCIETY'S rules anymore. Oh except, I'm going to write it so there is no complete harem route where you can end up with all of the girls you protect, only pairing or single endings." I hate this soft harem bullshit that so many writers do. I love the story of this game and adore the characters, it takes so much time for character development and the sex scenes are very hot. But the fact that you have to chose and split your time between Carol (best girl), Naomi, Sydney, etc. instead of having a direct path where you love them all as a group and end up with every one of them at the end, and even when you install a mod that lets you get every scene like Zoey's it still makes no fucking sense because one scene will have you have sex with Naomi and then the next one when you are with Carol will pretend like you never even talked to her, taking your immersion completely out when it's something that the author should have wrote in the first place, it's all extremely frustrating and confusing to me. I would not have written it like this because it makes no sense for these girls and the main character and this environment.

Braveheart Academy did the same thing, except it was much more insulting because the dev had the balls to do a fake-out harem ending and put "Life is about making hard choices, pick a girl." at the end, when his whole game was designed around fucking a different girl every morning, afternoon, and evening. Plus that game's story and characters were nowhere near as good as Now & Then's.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
It's kind of disappointing that the author wanted to do this whole "You can be polyamorous now with your daughter and her friend, you don't have to abide by SOCIETY'S rules anymore. Oh except, I'm going to write it so there is no complete harem route where you can end up with all of the girls you protect, only pairing or single endings." I hate this soft harem bullshit that so many writers do. I love the story of this game and adore the characters, it takes so much time for character development and the sex scenes are very hot. But the fact that you have to chose and split your time between Carol (best girl), Naomi, Sydney, etc. instead of having a direct path where you love them all as a group and end up with every one of them at the end, and even when you install a mod that lets you get every scene like Zoey's it still makes no fucking sense because one scene will have you have sex with Naomi and then the next one when you are with Carol will pretend like you never even talked to her, taking your immersion completely out when it's something that the author should have wrote in the first place, it's all extremely frustrating and confusing to me. I would not have written it like this because it makes no sense for these girls and the main character and this environment.

Braveheart Academy did the same thing, except it was much more insulting because the dev had the balls to do a fake-out harem ending and put "Life is about making hard choices, pick a girl." at the end, when his whole game was designed around fucking a different girl every morning, afternoon, and evening. Plus that game's story and characters were nowhere near as good as Now & Then's.
The mod shows you all the scenes, no matter what happens with choices. The game is designed to have multiple play throughs and you pick your story. There is a harem ending to a degree - where you are sexy friends with all the girls if you pick the right choices. There is no harem ending where all the girls live in one house and all that jazz. They live alone in their own houses and your main lover(s) live with you. If you really want to get the final endings correct, look at the walkthrough I wrote - it has a ton of info.

13lokiz

Sep 12, 2020

spoilers ahead!

Yeah, as much as I like this game and think the dev did a really good job with all the choices and sprawling routes and replayability, I really wish there would have been an ending where you end up with all the girls you’ve chosen and stay at Sydney’s Hana’s compound.

Obviously, you would have to do Sydney’s Hana’s route properly, but otherwise, there could easily still be divergence in who ends up where. Julia for instance could still be only a friend and live in town with her kid.

Not using the compound for any ending (harem or not) also just seemed like a waste to me. I know there’s lines supposedly explaining the reasons: too far away (yet a five minute bike ride in the heat of battle:rolleyes:), no farms set up, feels like it belongs to Sydney Hana, etc. But those seem more like excuses than real reasons while so many other aspects of the game were logical. It was a bit disappointing.

edit: mixed up Sydney with Hana. Thanks, MrSancini.

Last edited:
Reactions: flynn0426

MrSancini

Feb 18, 2018
spoilers ahead!

Yeah, as much as I like this game and think the dev did a really good job with all the choices and sprawling routes and replayability, I really wish there would have been an ending where you end up with all the girls you’ve chosen and stay at Sydney’s compound.

Obviously, you would have to do Sydney’s route properly, but otherwise, there could easily still be divergence in who ends up where. Julia for instance could still be only a friend and live in town with her kid.

Not using the compound for any ending (harem or not) also just seemed like a waste to me. I know there’s lines supposedly explaining the reasons: too far away (yet a five minute bike ride in the heat of battle), no farms set up, feels like it belongs to Sydney, etc. But those seem more like excuses than real reasons while so many other aspects of the game were logical. It was a bit disappointing.
You mean Hana's compound, since Sydney is living close to you and the others (Alice/Naomi, Carol and Julie) and working at the hospital, and Hana stayed at compound due to her lack of social skills to interact too much with other people

Mason0982

Sep 14, 2021
This game is so good rate it 10/10
Developer should make a new one like this but this time the MC is the one who's adopted OR on a parallel universe were the MC's wife lives and the MC is the one who died and the MCs wife adopt a "son" that could be the new MC.
(pls share it to the developer he might like this idea)

13lokiz

Sep 12, 2020
You mean Hana's compound, since Sydney is living close to you and the others (Alice/Naomi, Carol and Julie) and working at the hospital, and Hana stayed at compound due to her lack of social skills to interact too much with other people
Good catch coach!

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
I dont mind the no harem ending thing but is this a wholesome game or will this shit give me more depression?
There is harem ending(s) if you go for it, but you will have a main LI (depending on love stat I think) where the ending will focus more on that character, but you will still see the others.

Overall, it is fairly wholesome for a zombie game.

Kalsan

Mar 19, 2020
I don't get people complaining about this don't having a harem ending when it absolutely does. Not all the girls have to live in the same house for it to be a harem. If you go for all the girls the relationship end like this:
-Carol is the main girl, she lives with you and you two have a kid
-Naomi is in a relationship with the protagonist an they obviously love each other, but maybe because she doesn't want to get in the way of the MC and Carol she doesn't demand much attention.
-Alice is also in a relationship with the protagonist and she is quite affectionate.
-Sydney love the protagonist and have his children and even go on dates. Call me crazy but that's been in a relationship with someone.
-Hana is less expensive in her love for the MC but she obviously have feelings for him, she is content with been with him sometimes.
-Julie is the less solid of all relationships, they are lovers and good friends but she wants to fucus in rising her kind.

Maybe I'm blind but that's a harem ending and a pretty good one. I'm a huge harem fan and I tell you, they are few harem endings better than this one. I can actually only think of 3
Sisterly Lust
Once in a Lifetime
Parental Love

13lokiz

Sep 12, 2020
I don't get people complaining about this don't having a harem ending when it absolutely does. Not all the girls have to live in the same house for it to be a harem. If you go for all the girls the relationship end like this:
-Naomi is in a relationship with the protagonist an they obviously love each other, but maybe because she doesn't want to get in the way of the MC and Carol she doesn't demand much attention.
-Alice is also in a relationship with the protagonist and she is quite affectionate.
-Sydney love the protagonist and have his children and even go on dates. Call me crazy but that's been in a relationship with someone.
-Hana is less expensive in her love for the MC but she obviously have feelings for him, she is content with been with him sometimes.
-Julie is the less solid of all relationships, they are lovers and good friends but she wants to fucus in rising her kind.

Maybe I'm blind but that's a harem ending and a pretty good one. I'm a huge harem fan and I tell you, they are few harem endings better than this one. I can actually only think of 3
Sisterly Lust
Once in a Lifetime
Parental Love
I’m not complaining that there’s NOT a harem ending, I know there’s several variations available (leading to some good replayability). I’m disappointed that there wasn’t a harem ending with everyone living in Hana’s compound, raising the inevitable kids together as one large family. Actually somewhat similar to Parental Love’s harem endings.

The compound just made sense to me. It’s close to the town for supplies and trade and safety, but it’s their own place to call home and act as they wish. In town, in two or three houses, it just doesn’t feel as cohesive or as much like a single family.

Btw, I want to add Mist to your list of great harem games. It just completed, so I haven’t finished yet, but so far for me, it’s rivaling Once in a Lifetime for greatest game on the site. Also apocalypse setting, harem, and incest, so I’d imagine most people that liked Now & Then will like Mist too. It’s sandbox, but don’t let that turn you off. It’s sandbox done right, especially for a renpy game.

Kalsan

Mar 19, 2020
I’m not complaining that there’s NOT a harem ending, I know there’s several variations available (leading to some good replayability). I’m disappointed that there wasn’t a harem ending with everyone living in Hana’s compound, raising the inevitable kids together as one large family. Actually somewhat similar to Parental Love’s harem endings.

The compound just made sense to me. It’s close to the town for supplies and trade and safety, but it’s their own place to call home and act as they wish. In town, in two or three houses, it just doesn’t feel as cohesive or as much like a single family.

Btw, I want to add Mist to your list of great harem games. It just completed, so I haven’t finished yet, but so far for me, it’s rivaling Once in a Lifetime for greatest game on the site. Also apocalypse setting, harem, and incest, so I’d imagine most people that liked Now & Then will like Mist too. It’s sandbox, but don’t let that turn you off. It’s sandbox done right, especially for a renpy game.
Oh yeah I get your point. I would definitely would like an ending like that in Hana's compound and with more solid relationship with Hana and Julie. But well all in all the harem ending is pretty good, specially now that the annoying trend of "fake harems" when you have to pick a girl at the very ending seem to be getting popular. And yes Mist is definitely a candidate for my "Top Best 100 Harem Games of All Times" hahaha. But I haven't played the last couple update but I have hear positive things. Except for some harem girls turning bisexual out of nowhere but I can see past that.

Zerorox

Dec 5, 2021

Sisterly Lust
Once in a Lifetime
Parental Love
I'm totally agree with that point. Exception is point, that other games harem endings better.
Though it depends on tastes, for example Sisterly lust harem ending is "not true" harem in my opinion, dev made most of family bi-curious and almost on same lvl relationship between members by the end so if... for example MC dies, they'll remain mostly happy Lesbian family))
That bi-curious thing is easy way for devs it seems... to explain how harem members remain sexually satisfied if MC is not some super Hero with Magic genitals, able to have sex 16 hours a day)

tbh I had exp dating 3 girls simulationally (younger days...), I'd say it's Hard (shitty experience) to find time, not talking even 'bout... energy for 3, and if there are more... Bruh, total cringe

Aeon_RHS

May 1, 2020
This is still one of my top 3 VNs because of the characters and how well they are portrayed. The plot is post-apocalypse done right, as it provides different facets, dilemmas, and growth for everyone.

Carol is the best.

Last edited:
Reactions: delain and Zerorox

Zerorox

Dec 5, 2021
This is still my #1 VN because of the characters and how well they are portrayed. The plot is post-apocalypse done right, as it provides different facets, dilemmas, and growth for everyone.

Carol is the best.
Agree, Carol is very loyal girl, and best developed Character overall
I liked the atmosphere (and I'm zombie apocalypse fan) and greatly made slowburn
This game is totally in my "top 5"
(bruh, sorry for my Engrish...)

Jun 21, 2021
For those of you who came her for the pregnancy tag: you may be quite disappointed.

This is one of those games where the pregnancy is saved for the ending and it's mostly impregnation.

For the rest though: enjoy the sex and the plot.

Reactions: 13lokiz

K18

Apr 19, 2018

(OCT 4, 2022)
In terms of Now & Then, we're still plugging away. Right now, we're working through Chapters 21 and 22, neither of which will have too much in the way of new content. Maybe extending a scene or two here and there. There's been some cleanup of the script where the thoughts of certain characters weren't properly color-coded. At this point, most of the remaining new content is jammed into the last few chapters and the Endings. Which means that a lot of work's gonna happen when we hit that point. Luckily, I feel that the user interface and quality of life updates are all pretty close to final, so it's mostly just expanding content now.

As was teased on Twitter a while back, here is the new main menu splash for the upcoming release.
screenshot0001 copy.jpg

Thanks for your interest and patronage,
-Kinderfeld

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
hey, could anyone give me a spoiler of the endings? I had to do some stuff on my computer and lost my save and this is a long game even if I just skip through everything, so if any kind soul could give me a rundown of the endings I would appreciate it.

4.60 star(s) 281 Votes