MasterN64

Apr 29, 2020
And please stop acting as if you are the supreme authority on translations.
Once again come back after reading paper translations from actual publishers that take their jobs seriously. I am not an expert but the experts have a VERY clear stance on what a good translation is and it isnt what a bunch of neckbeards online are saying it is. Also sorry for not having the time to download and clear an entire fucking novel TWO DAYS after its release.

• Angry
Reactions: Xakorik

Soichy

Aug 14, 2018
yeah so far 5 hours and i laughed so hard, his sister is soo cute btw. these reviews are bullshit
Rating 1 is certainly not deserved, but there really is too much text and very few images. It's been several hours of play, but I've still seen 3(!) non-empty backdrops and 0 scenes. And only now began to appear a love line with the first character. Other characters only briefly. Otherwise, the protagonist goes to school and leaves school every day. Incredibly interesting! At the same time, even for the most recent NPC without a name, they recorded a voice, but did not bother to draw characters who constantly interact with the protagonist. This game is an example of simply fantastic self-censorship, where any non-virgin character does not deserve attention and represents an empty place for the main character (for some reason, in addition to the head of the class, her image is in the game). In general, strange, drawn out, vanilla. If not for the sister, it would be incredibly difficult to play this game. 50% of the success of this game is the sister's voice actor.

sonyso1104

Jul 26, 2018
In the first 20 minutes the translation had a Twitch reference, Star Wars reference and a Evanessance reference. 10/10, Asane is best sister/girl.

magrao121

Apr 1, 2019
Rating 1 is certainly not deserved, but there really is too much text and very few images. It's been several hours of play, but I've still seen 3(!) non-empty backdrops and 0 scenes. And only now began to appear a love line with the first character. Other characters only briefly. Otherwise, the protagonist goes to school and leaves school every day. Incredibly interesting! At the same time, even for the most recent NPC without a name, they recorded a voice, but did not bother to draw characters who constantly interact with the protagonist. This game is an example of simply fantastic self-censorship, where any non-virgin character does not deserve attention and represents an empty place for the main character (for some reason, in addition to the head of the class, her image is in the game). In general, strange, drawn out, vanilla. If not for the sister, it would be incredibly difficult to play this game. 50% of the success of this game is the sister's voice actor.
Totally agree with his sister voice act selling out the game, if she wasn't there i probably already had dropped this by now. The game have jokes and jokes and so far i didn't saw any sex scenes yet.(lol) And sometimes the npcs appear like a flash of one second.
i said "these reviews" but the first review is not bad, but the second its like that guy had a buthurt. "Oh i wanna play a visual novel but i don't want to read text." ffs

sonyso1104

Jul 26, 2018
Totally agree with his sister voice act selling out the game, if she wasn't there i probably already had dropped this by now. The game have jokes and jokes and so far i didn't saw any sex scenes yet.(lol) And sometimes the npcs appear like a flash of one second.
i said "these reviews" but the first review is not bad, but the second its like that guy had a buthurt. "Oh i wanna play a visual novel but i don't want to read text." ffs
Imagine playing a visual novel and not reading :0

Yeah, this game is more of a gag-comic turned into a VN. The marketing for the english translation was insane to begin with. The marketing leading up to the English release had them bring back the VAs to do countdonw messages and even had them redub lines in English... the Shiravune youtube channel has a bunch of the clips. My favorite is the Sexmas songs and the UNLISCENCED DRIVER COMING THROUUUUUGGGHHH bit.

Soichy

Aug 14, 2018
It's just too monotonous. The game starts with action and then plunges us into an endless cycle of trips to and from school. Jokes will make you laugh for the first hour or two, and then even they start to tire. I'm not even sure if I want to continue, because I understand that there are still 30+ hours of play ahead of me and during this time I will see a couple more backs with group sex and a few vanilla scenes of the protagonist. One younger sister is not enough to make up for this. lol
So, in general, the guy, although rude, is right.

sonyso1104

Jul 26, 2018
Ah hell. After seeing this the sister character might have been the one to write one of the reviews XD

Gwynevere

Jun 14, 2018
Like 95% of the dialogue is "how do you do fellow kids?" hornycringe. Let's just chalk that one up to the localization because I don't know any better, but putting that aside: The premise of the game is a heterosexual free use island. The main characters are a violently celibate slutshamer and his lesbian sister.

WHO IS THIS FOR?
WHO WROTE THIS?
WHY INSTEAD OF VISITING THE SEX PARK AM I WATCHING THIS GUY CALL THIS GIRL A SLUT FOR THE 40TH TIME IN 5 MINUTES EVEN THOUGH SHE HAS EXPLICITLY TOLD HIM SHE'S A VIRGIN WHO ISN'T INTERESTED IN SEX AND ONLY ACTS THE WAY SHE DOES TO AVOID DRAWING ATTENTION TO HERSELF AND ALSO IS THE ONLY PERSON ON THE ISLAND HELPING HIM AVOID THE FUCK GESTAPO WHILE ALSO FEEDING HIM AND DOING ALL HIS CHORES BECAUSE HES TOO BUSY DESIGNING CUSTOM FLESHLIGHTS TO LEARN HOW TO MAKE SOUP WHILE HIS SISTER PLAYS FFXIV ALL DAY?

Why is everything happening in the background 100x more interesting than anything the main characters are doing.
Is anything ever going to actually happen?

WHO IS THIS FOR???

dziugas1959

May 16, 2019
Also, this game has a sequel, it's called „Is the prospect hope or despair? (Nukitashi 2)“. Though, I am not sure if it's translated, and I don't see an upload on this site.

Crazy4Oreos

Apr 14, 2020
There's a ridiculous gap in what constitutes a "bad translation" between translation purists (read: people who learned JP to play hentai games and spend more time griping about style than actually playing games in English), and a pirate community where Google Translate MTLs are deemed to be content worth sharing. It's a professional translation. As far as something for nothing goes, it's going to be a pretty good TL. The people who claim that MTL would be better are either out of their minds, clueless, or trolling. Notice in the Reddit thread how the OP doesn't attempt a translation: because he knows that if he did so he would become a target.
I came here looking for what people had to say. Personally I find it so odd how often people who hate what they're TLing enter the field. I have friends who work for companies they hate and understand that one can act in good faith but it's also common enough to consider it a dominating school of thought that (and if we argue in good faith and don't pretend translation is a black and white thing) leans closer to liberal translation over more faithful work. I also don't like when a VN is expected not to succeed it can sometimes receive a looser effort than if it were more grand. I'd like as little of the translator to seep into the work as possible. If a line was boring or not funny, don't try to improve it. If you don't like the way a scene plays out, let it play out that way. If a character refers to someone in a way you think is cringe or inappropriate, don't sanitize it. All that said how's the quality here?

zwere

Mar 27, 2020
So the clowns are now arguing over translations? Good.
It's especially ironic, given that the parts people take issue with have nothing to do with the actual translation of the game, it's just an editor who only knows english going hog wild on his edits without any supervision. This isn't a matter of translation style, it's a matter of SolPress being ran as you'd expect a company that went down in flames to be ran. If anything, the person they paid to translate Nukitashi sticks painfully close to the japanese in his work typically.

For those who are mad, stay mad that the editor got to have his way with this game, it is what it is. For those defending more liberal translations... don't do it here cuz this has to be the worst example lol. Unless you consider someone who can only go off of a raw translation to transform the text liberally without any understanding of the original language to be a good thing, in that case knock yourselves out.

Reactions: Xakorik and _Nero_

JosuaWhite3

Aug 11, 2020
I finish the game today and ofc I see some woke word in all of it, but it's comedy genre so it's so fine and make it funnier even.
You only see that english jokes meme from his little sister and some NPC, and in the funny situation. it's not bad at all.
Also if they make all jokes literal as translated, it's not like all western understand anyway, it's the point of localization.

The serious part of story have good translation and loyal to the original, so you can play it decently and understand without problem.

3.90 star(s) 9 Votes