3.90 star(s) 61 Votes

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Even if games were hobbies, what makes you think my hobby entitles you to enjoy it? It's like saying I painted as a hobby and that entitles you to come over to my house and take my paintings and hang them in your house. Or let's say I work on cars as a hobby, costs me hundreds of dollars in parts and time and that entitles you to come over and use my cars any time you like? Where do people get their delusions? Also what makes you think you know how much is "enough earnings " is actually "enough"? You know nothing of the dev's situations or responsibilities or time and you can make that assumption? Get real.
well

it is a great game , but the end feels a bit rushed
too much loose endings
but its free here , soo thanks (y)

Reactions: abimin11

Blaq Mask

Jun 25, 2019
Even if games were hobbies, what makes you think my hobby entitles you to enjoy it? It's like saying I painted as a hobby and that entitles you to come over to my house and take my paintings and hang them in your house. Or let's say I work on cars as a hobby, costs me hundreds of dollars in parts and time and that entitles you to come over and use my cars any time you like? Where do people get their delusions? Also what makes you think you know how much is "enough earnings " is actually "enough"? You know nothing of the dev's situations or responsibilities or time and you can make that assumption? Get real.
If you make your work available publicly and start trying to monetize it it's not really a hobby anymore. It's also kinda funny that a dev who stopped developing is lurking in a thread to yell at people. I'm sure you have better things you could do with your time.

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
If you make your work available publicly and start trying to monetize it it's not really a hobby anymore. It's also kinda funny that a dev who stopped developing is lurking in a thread to yell at people. I'm sure you have better things you could do with your time.
Who says Im lurking? Ive been coming to f95 before I started developing games, it's actually what got me into giving it a go... BTW, you made my point. If you're monetizing a hobby, it's not a hobby... that guy seems to think it is.

msleomac

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2019
Oath of Loyalty [Ch. 10] [Compressed]

Original Size Win/Linux: 2.36 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 257 MB: MEGA -
Compressed Size Mac: 222 MB: MEGA -

Since this, an Adult Zone, drop a (y) to support my work as Compressor SLUT!

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:

Or you can:
can you please reupload once more. both links down

Frostvred

Jan 21, 2019
Who says Im lurking? Ive been coming to f95 before I started developing games, it's actually what got me into giving it a go... BTW, you made my point. If you're monetizing a hobby, it's not a hobby... that guy seems to think it is.
Just want to thank you for the work you've done!
I'm sad to see that it didn't work out in the end, but after all, as seen time after time, it's all a gamble for any dev.
Either it works, or it doesn't. (I'm glad you took the gamble. But sorry it didn't work out for you.)

As many have mentioned, I'll have to agree that it's a shame that the game don't fully conclude properly, it may be a bit "rushed".
But you had to do something. So I find it fully understandable.

Many don't realize the cost of making these games. I don't either, but I can somewhat see where things take a turn.
As in an example, I have on and off periods playing games that actually utilize my GFX-card.
Months I'll actively play games, around 80 hours worth, it's an additional 350-450Kwh to my power bill.
(granted this is obviously not only my GPU's fault, add CPU, drives, what not)
Which for me is around 50USD pre-tax additional vs months I don't game at all.
So, I can imagine, having a computer render 24/7 capping out the GPU the entire time, this will be costly.
And this is only in electricity. Add everything else on top of it.. And the hours spend coding, writing, planning. etc.

Again, thanks for this journey!
And you really should be proud of what you accomplished with this game.
'Cuz it was really good overall.

Late Happy New Year!

Best of wishes,
to your future to come.
In whatever that may be!

KingNoble

Apr 21, 2020
Unofficial Android Port for :

Oath of Loyalty [Ch. 10] + Shaddy's Multi Mod + Incest Patch

Download

ALLOW STORAGE ACCESS
My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

if you liked my work, support on Patreon.

If it says unknown developer or something like that just press install anyway.

Give Me Your Feedback on the Discord Server. As it's easier to reach me there, than here.
I'm on Android and chapter 8 just freezes, a black screen. Can't click any of the buttons. Anyone have a fix?

marspig

Oct 16, 2018
It turns out that in the later stages of the game, many female characters who were favored at the beginning were "abandoned".
They have too little plot, or have unpleasant personalities.

The treatment of many female characters in the later stage is - the creator finds an opportunity to give a casual sex scene.

Bella beats everyone in the end. I'm definitely a fan of her.

bella.jpg

Last edited:

marspig

Oct 16, 2018
After reading the above discussion, it turns out that...

Actually, I think it's a pretty good story.
Although many settings are not "expanded".
The story is still a story, even more reasonable than many other games, and I like Bella a lot, haha~

Yeah, that's all, she wins, and all the characters have good sex scenes.

pixado7875

Mar 11, 2020
I dropped this game half way because I got bored
Kinda funny to find out it got "Completed" shortly after

This makes Alexandra look like The Godfather Part 2

Mediocre at its finest :KEK:

Olsens.M

Apr 23, 2021
I have a question for you

Have you ever been in any art exhibition? Any art galery? If the answer is yes, tell me...

Have you ever seen anyone buying a painting not fully finsihed? Only half painted and blank on the other half? Have you ever seen someone going on book store to buy a book that have been only half written? Have you ever seen someone going on Beatport to buy half of a song?

VNs are, on its basics, the digital version of books. Then at some point, someone decided to create a story where the reader could also interact with it and have some control on its ending. Whoever had this idea, didn't sell half of it. He completed the whole thing first.

Only few VN creators can actually profit from it. And most of these developers had finished at least 1 high quality VN before being able to profit from their work. That is how they got recognized as VNs developers. And I am pretty sure they spent a lot of time, money and effort to create their first fine piece.

Being an independent/unsigned artist will never start full of support. Most of these people pay for 75% or 100% of their first project. if you don't have what it takes nor the right mindset to go on in this area of work, it is for the best that you are quitting.

No one asked you to share your non completed hobby/art with us and no one is obligated to support an art in progress. No one is even obligated to give good reviews about it. And if you really think you should be rewarded for whatever you paint inside your room, you should be good enough to finish it, at least.

Last edited:

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Have you ever seen anyone buying a painting not fully finsihed? Only half painted and blank on the other half?
This analogy makes no sense. Silk_Ari didn't release any half done images. They released a bunch of whole images. As to your original question, there are in art galleries, some of them worth a fortune.
Have you ever seen someone going on book store to buy a book that have been only half written?
No, but I've bought parts of unfinished series (get on with George R.R. Martin, we don't want another Wheel of Time where the author dies on the job). There's been plenty of though, ever heard of ?

Though a more apt analogy would be comics, which are mostly serials. You know is a thing right?
VNs are, on its basics, the digital version of books. ... He completed the whole thing first.
Sure, and even the first AVNs I played were released as complete works, for free. That's not how it works now though is it? Almost every [western] AVN here uses crowdfunding for development, and does in development releases. So I don't know why you're going on about all these other ill-conceived analogies.
No one asked you to share your non completed hobby/art with us and no one is obligated to support an art in progress. No one is even obligated to give good reviews about it. And if you really think you should be rewarded for whatever you paint inside your room, you should be good enough to finish it, at least.
What nonsense. No creator is obligated to finish. If they're sick of it, or are losing money on their side gig, why would they keep doing it?

Subscribing on Patreon and it's alternatives isn't purchasing a finished product. It's funding the development. If development fails, then that's too bad - that's the risk you take by investing in crowdfunding. Not that most people here were funding anything.

Last edited:

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
I have a question for you

Have you ever been in any art exhibition? Any art galery? If the answer is yes, tell me...

Have you ever seen anyone buying a painting not fully finsihed? Only half painted and blank on the other half? Have you ever seen someone going on book store to buy a book that have been only half written? Have you ever seen someone going on Beatport to buy half of a song?
Yeah, I don't think he understands what crowd funding is. I guess he never heard of the gazillions of projects/products on KickStarter or other sites of the likes where basically people get funded not for anything but AN IDEA. Not even something tangible

And again, why does any of your opinions have ANYTHING to do with my use of time or lack thereof, my lack of funds or expectations of funds? I guess if you tell me I should work on something no matter the consequences to my personal life/income/time I should just obey you and do it and STFU and be happy about it.... UUUUMMMMKAAAAAY. NO PROBLEM!

Last edited:

Olsens.M

Apr 23, 2021
Yeah, I don't think he understands what crowd funding is. I guess he never heard of the gazillions of projects/products on KickStarter or other sites of the likes where basically people get funded not for anything but AN IDEA. Not even something tangible

And again, why does any of your opinions have ANYTHING to do with my use of time or lack thereof, my lack of funds or expectations of funds? I guess if you tell me I should work on something no matter the consequences to my personal life/income/time I should just obey you and do it and STFU and be happy about it.... UUUUMMMMKAAAAAY. NO PROBLEM!
You can't expect people to fund you when you are just an aspiring wannabe developer. The people who will get support and funding are the ones who made it through, who didn't give up and finished their work despite all difficulties. Everyone who starts a project has to be the main investor and sometimes, the only investor of their own work. They have to believe it so other people will believe it too.

You are the one who doesn't understand how funding work. People won't fund empty ideas, whinning and complaints. If you wanna say to that guy that I don't know how these things work, just because he is supporting your loser mindset, go for it.

Recently I gave life to a start up business. I've done all the planning to see it through. Spent and gathered money to see it through. Put all my time and effort into it to see it through. I didnt hope or expect anyone to do it for me. Don't get me wrong, I had people to invest on my start up idea, but it is because it wasn't an empty one that I would give it up if things didn't go as planned.

And once I started running it with my account being negative (because this is how it is when you start something untill it pays off) I worked my ass off to the point it would pay for itself and I would start getting profit from it.

Now I ask. Do you think a dev like DPC was confinding his first project only on patreon fundings to keep it going? He had to make something of high quality and become a trusted reliable developer before getting his patreon members and live from it.

There are thousands of wannabe VN devs out there, but only 10 who are really worth it to be supported. Most will be like you. stop halfway and say people doesn't wanna pay for their "half blank painting".

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
You can't expect people to fund you when you are just an aspiring wannabe developer. The people who will get support and ...
You know what, the only part I can agree with you is that perhaps I am a failure and perhaps my games suck.

But the reality is you don't know sh*t. I've been doing this for 3 years so it's not like I started yesterday, so even if you had a certain number in that brain of yours of how long it takes to make it as a successful dev, why do I have to agree with you on that number? Mine might be way shorter or way longer. It's up to ME to decide not you since I'm the one fucking producing it.

You know, perhaps my game wasn't worth what I think it was, it's a fair possibility. Perhaps it's just enjoyable enough to be played for free...that's very possible, but again what makes you think that your opinion matters to the reality of MY situation which you know nothing about? Again, what you're saying is basically KEEP GOING AND STFU EVEN IF IT AFFECTS YOUR PERSONAL LIFE/INCOME/TIME... STFU AND DO IT BECAUE I SAID SO. UUMMMMKAY?????? YEAH NO PROBLEM.

Deleted member 609064

May 11, 2018
You know what, the only part I can agree with you is that perhaps I am a failure and perhaps my games suck.
Your game doesn't suck, and your efforts were not in vain.

I really appreciate what you made, and I wholly understand the hard choices you had to make, because I once had to make a similar hard choice over a passion project many years ago. I have never regretted that decision.

Life is too short and difficult to waste time in regret. We try again, and keep moving forward.

Reactions: Meushi and Silk_Ari

rev_01

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2020
Hey everyone! I have some really exciting news for all of you Oath of Loyalty lovers out there! Some of you may remember me as a co writer for this game for a while, or some of you may just remember me from the community as I used to be in a lot of circles for quite a while back in the day. I helped write for a while back in 2020, however I left the role and the community due to personal reasons but recently came back to notice that Oath of Loyalty development had been ceased completely.

I spoke to the developers of the game, Silk_Ari and Hooli about taking over the project and continuing the development because I really loved Oath of Loyalty and I think a lot more can be done with the story, so it'd be a waste to end it where it ended with Chapter 10, so I'm pleased to announce that Oath of Loyalty Part 2 is officially in production! A lot of the details are still being sorted out, and there's a lot that needs to be completed before we can release Chapter 1 of Part 2 so it will be a little while away, but we are back and I'm so excited to bring the next chapter of this story to life for you guys!

I know the old discord server was deleted, so I've gone ahead and created a new one. Please feel free to come join us and say hello to keep updated on the next instalment in the Oath of Loyalty series as well as ask any questions you may have. Here's the link: :)

3.90 star(s) 61 Votes