3.90 star(s) 61 Votes

KeiNineX

Aug 10, 2019
Damn, alot of bitter people in here. (the ex love story).

You guys do realize they we're teenagers when they went out? The MC was a naive kid in love, the fact she betrayed him with his best friend no less made him realize she was not the woman he thought she was. If anything he probably was more torn up that he lost what he thought at the time was his best friend. It's not like he would go to their wedding, but I think it shows that the MC (for now and this might change depending on what choices you make) has a tendency to not be resentful.... (for now) ;)
I kinda agree, it's in the past and all that shit but that the MC and his "ex" best friend had a laugh about it? I can't imagine how the conversation went. "Do you remember the time I fucked your girlfriend and you walked in on us?" "Yea man, good old days." It's just kinda weird but whatever.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020

You guys do realize they we're teenagers when they went out? The MC was a naive kid in love, the fact she betrayed him with his best friend no less made him realize she was not the woman he thought she was. If anything he probably was more torn up that he lost what he thought at the time was his best friend. It's not like he would go to their wedding, but I think it shows that the MC (for now and this might change depending on what choices you make) has a tendency to not be resentful.... (for now) ;)
It was the sharing a laugh about it that was weird. His best friend and girlfriend betrayed him and next time he sees his former best friend they have a chuckle and move on.

As someone who has experienced a betrayal of that kind I can say it takes more than a couple years to get over it and start trusting people again. But that's just my experience.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Which, unfortunately, he didn't know till now. Though if Tommy and his ex find out, I'm sure they would think they got off easy. Till tweedledum and tweedledee pay him a visit.
Tweedledum and tweedledummer...

I'm looking forward to seeing the MC grow in responsibility and power... Maybe he has a bucket list, a bucket of concrete around their ankles list... :LOL:

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
A few bugs you say? Such as?
I mentioned them in the review, where the custom relationship choice you made didn't show up a few places in the text, but instead the default showed... Such as when the protagonist is referred to as the mafia bosses wife's son, rather then what I had customized it to be in the beginning... Or when one of the later female characters is referred to as the protagonists supervisor... And so on... Thus are technically bugs in the script coding...

Zip

House Of Black

Jun 5, 2020
It was the sharing a laugh about it that was weird. His best friend and girlfriend betrayed him and next time he sees his former best friend they have a chuckle and move on.

As someone who has experienced a betrayal of that kind I can say it takes more than a couple years to get over it and start trusting people again. But that's just my experience.
Yeah it’s just awkward and random. No one is bitter for pointing out the obvious.

gr33nappleboy

Jul 18, 2019
Liking it so far. NPC models are actually unique but still look nice. Nothing too forced and flows pretty well. High hopes for this one

Reactions: Silk_Ari

SpikeZg

Engaged Member
May 8, 2018
Silk_Ari How long is he gonna keep wearing the same shirt? He's worn it to the cafe, the club, at home, at the pool, with his uncle to go do a beat down.

He's basically been living in it for days. I mean... how is he getting girls when he's clearly not showering or changing clothes?
Maybe he's like Steve Jobs and has a closet full of same shirts? :unsure:

Reactions: Silk_Ari

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019

It's not about being bitter, it's about it being unrealistic as hell. I doubt I would share any laugh about it years later, since by first instinct I would beat both to a pulp. I get the idea behind your approach, but the execution isn't good at all in this case.

Reactions: MrFriendly

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Silk_Ari How long is he gonna keep wearing the same shirt? He's worn it to the cafe, the club, at home, at the pool, with his uncle to go do a beat down.

He's basically been living in it for days. I mean... how is he getting girls when he's clearly not showering or changing clothes?
He has 50 shirts EXACTLY like that one in his dresser.

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
It's not about being bitter, it's about it being unrealistic as hell. I doubt I would share any laugh about it years later, since by first instinct I would beat both to a pulp. I get the idea behind your approach, but the execution isn't good at all in this case.
Well, we'll agree to disagree, I personally went through something similar when I was a teen, it wasnt my best friend, but still lol... I was angry for a few months and I got over it after I got a new gf. I don;t know, I guess it depends on your personality, maybe some people arent as vindictive as most of you are lol. There's much worse things in life than dumb teenage love. I also think theres a HUGE transition you make when you go from high school to college, it's like entering a new world. You kind of tend to go: Wow, you mean there's a whole new life after high school that doesn't suck balls?

Also, the events that happened with his best friend/gf were like 3 years prior to him seeing him at the mall.... 3 years is a fucking long time to get over it in my opinion.

Again, I don't know. Most of you think it's unrealistic...that;s not my experience at all... but hey,I respect your opinions. I'll try to make him more bitter in the future lol :p

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
He has 50 shirts EXACTLY like that one in his dresser.
Well, at least he's not wearing the blue plaid shirt and the faded jeans like a lot of MC's. Still, a suit would do him wonders. Especially that last scene where he went to the rival family's house. You don't show up in a tshirt and jeans in that kind of situation. He should have at least dressed nice and respectfully

bmrd

Aug 28, 2017
Well, we'll agree to disagree, I personally went through something similar when I was a teen, it wasnt my best friend, but still lol... I was angry for a few months and I got over it after I got a new gf. I don;t know, I guess it depends on your personality, maybe some people arent as vindictive as most of you are lol. There's much worse things in life than dumb teenage love. I also think theres a HUGE transition you make when you go from high school to college, it's like entering a new world. You kind of tend to go: Wow, you mean there's a whole new life after high school that doesn't suck balls?

Also, the events that happened with his best friend/gf were like 3 years prior to him seeing him at the mall.... 3 years is a fucking long time to get over it in my opinion.

Again, I don't know. Most of you think it's unrealistic...that;s not my experience at all... but hey,I respect your opinions. I'll try to make him more bitter in the future lol :p
I think the way you've written the character is way more mature. Either approach seems fine though :)

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020

Teenage love isn't necessarily dumb, but it depends on who the girl was to the MC. If it was someone he'd just started dating or it was a more casual relationship then I can see that reaction. If it was someone he'd been with for years,was considering marrying, and then found them cheating it makes the betrayal stronger. Especially with the best friend. It ruins relationships (it obviously did in the game as Tommy is no longer his best friend and he has no contact with his ex-girlfriend) and can make someone less trusting.

Obviously, it's your game and that isn't going to stop us from liking and following your game. Just feels like the MC is too casual and easy going about the whole thing.

Reactions: darth_hiruma

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019

While I never had a personal experience with a situation like this - my friends and I respected each other too much to pull a move like this, even if we were joking about it sometimes - I saw several ones from up close during my high school years. It wasn't about vindictiveness, it was about first instinct, especially when you're young, and it always ended up with an actual fight. Some mended fences after months or years, but their relationship was never the same, it was mostly appearances, and mentioning it in front of them was a taboo, laughing it off was never something viable. That's what makes it unrealistic, even with 3 years passed, or getting into a college life. It's not about bitterness, it's about loosing the trust.

Reactions: MrFriendly

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
...mentioning it in front of them was a taboo, laughing it off was never something viable. That's what makes it unrealistic, even with 3 years passed, or getting into a college life. It's not about bitterness, it's about loosing the trust.
I mean, it's not like he's becoming friends with him again they just saw each other in passing and had a 5 minute conversation...they laughed about him punching him in the face and went on with their business. I don;t get why you guys are sticking on to this minor point honestly lol

3.90 star(s) 61 Votes