3.90 star(s) 61 Votes

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I mean, it's not like he's becoming friends with him again they just saw each other in passing and had a 5 minute conversation...they laughed about him punching him in the face and went on with their business. I don;t get why you guys are sticking on to this minor point honestly lol
Ah, because we care about the MC and someone betraying him?

You have to understand... Since your game can't have another update right now we need to occupy ourselves with talking about minor plot points and how it is or isn't how we would have handled it. On top of that the MC is a mobster's son and we can add that into the equation. What if someone like Paulie decided to fuck with Tommy and the Ex-gf for betraying the MC? Or what if the MC was like Paulie? We can debate this ad nauseam because the game is good and we want to express how the situation made some of us remember what it was like to experience that ourselves IRL.

It's a good thing, don't worry about it. No one is actually thinking that what you wrote was terrible. We are discussing how we would have handled it. SO we are invested in the MC and his well-being. ;)

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
It's a good thing, don't worry about it. No one is actually thinking that what you wrote was terrible. We are discussing how we would have handled it. SO we are invested in the MC and his well-being. ;)
Oh most def, I'm actually including myself in the conversation and not at all saying my opinions are the only ones that matter. I'm actually really happy to debate these points with you guys in order to understand them. If it feels like I'm defensive I apologize, Im probably a bit guilty of it, but honestly Id much rather a discussion about it than having no feedback at all!

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Oh most def, I'm actually including myself in the conversation and not at all saying my opinions are the only ones that matter. I'm actually really happy to debate these points with you guys in order to understand them. If it feels like I'm defensive I apologize, Im probably a bit guilty of it, but honestly Id much rather a discussion about it than having no feedback at all!
Yep, yep. All good. Did feel like you were a little protective but it's understandable. I'm fine with how you wrote it, we always need to draw from ourselves to tell stories. ;)

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
No one seems to care what happened to the best friend's GF, she got screwed in that outcome too. Are we going to find her as a stripper at some business owned by one of the families because she never got over it?

Just seems weird the MC seems to not have talked to her, since she would be part of this and they all hung out together for a while thus became friends.

magus448

May 22, 2018
Would be nice to look her up and see how she is doing ... and maybe have some fun. :LOL: Especially if it turns out they had revenge sex after the incident and liked it, but went their separate ways. Then again if they did, it probably would have been already part of the story he told or at least as a mental thought during it.

SpikeZg

Engaged Member
May 8, 2018
fucking the girl of the mafia bosses son shouldn't just fly like that, Tommy needs to suffer the consequences later in the story :)
maybe he could have a huge problem and come to MC for help, but then MC is left with a choice of revenge story or remain the nice guy that he is :)

Also that Donna girl looks very nice :sneaky:
But hey there... no funny business with my MC :D
Jane is the one who stole his heart :love::giggle:, i hope we can have her move in to the mansion soon and start to treat her with finer things in life.
But how is she going to handle all of this mafia stuff, idk...:unsure:

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
It kind of strains credulity that Jane could be living in Dover City and not know about the Gallio family. It strains it even more for her to drive herself (or be driven to or take a bus) to the Gallio home and still not know who they are and what their reputation is. Donna mentions the MC being naive, but Jane is really naive ... or a very dumb blonde. Pretty but none too bright. Or she likes bad boys and is just pretending to be dumber than she is. Perhaps she's a gold digger with a secret plan to get knocked up so that the MC will marry her and solve all of her financial problems.

Last edited:

King Slayer100

Modder
Aug 20, 2018
It kind of strains credulity that Jane could be living in Dover City and not know about the Gallio family. It strains it even more for her to drive herself (or be driven to or take a bus) to the Gallio home and still not know who they are and what their reputation is. Donna mentions the MC being naive, but Jane is really naive ... or a very dumb blonde. Pretty but none too bright. Or she likes bad boys and is just pretending to be dumber than she is. Perhaps she's a gold digger with a secret plan to get knocked up so that the MC will marry her and solve all of her financial problems.
Lol you talking about Mafia family blackmailing a mafia prince can be disastrous.she will never see the day light again .

SpikeZg

Engaged Member
May 8, 2018
Idk, why should she know them? she's just a poor girl minding her own business in Dover city.
The thing that suprised me is that she didn't said a single word about that huge ass mansion, not one comment, like wtf? :oops:
If MC is being honest with her, we see that she doesn't like it and that it makes her sad (it would be strange if it didn't) but how can she then have sex with him after what just went down? strange...:unsure:
She is either very naive or dumb, who knows :D

Reactions: Silk_Ari

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Can you name the major syndicate, crime family, gang, or criminals in your city? If you live in a large enough city/town there is most likely an organization running some part of the criminal element. Doesn't have to be the Sicilian mob, could be any number of scenarios.

To say that Jane should know who the family is and what they do seems unrealistic. The only reason I would expect her to know something is if her boss mentioned it.

If we're going with wild speculation I figure she is an undercover cop or agent. She didn't mean to fall for the MC but she did.

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Can you name the major syndicate, crime family, gang, or criminals in your city? If you live in a large enough city/town there is most likely an organization running some part of the criminal element. Doesn't have to be the Sicilian mob, could be any number of scenarios.
I totally agree with this. She JUST moved there, is working like a maniac and barely has time for anything else so why WOULD she know ANYTHING that's going on in the underworld/Political world other than with dealing with people at the Cafe?

Other than general common information like the rich parts of town, who the mayor is maybe? It would be like someone moving from L.A. To New-York and knowing who the crime families are. Now THAT is unrealistic.

KeiNineX

Aug 10, 2019

To say that Jane should know who the family is and what they do seems unrealistic. The only reason I would expect her to know something is if her boss mentioned it.

If we're going with wild speculation I figure she is an undercover cop or agent. She didn't mean to fall for the MC but she did.
I mean this is kinda off topic and probably not interesting to most people so proceeed only if you have nothing better to do...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Chrisdarock19

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
I mean this is kinda off topic and probably not interesting to most people so proceeed only if you have nothing better to do...
Yeah but that was local to you, how many people in other areas of the country would know that?

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
That's interesting that such a small town had a crime boss. Now how many brand new residents to the town knew or know about him?

A large city is going to have more than one criminal organization, in New York there are probably several with different operations and territories. If I was going to call out Oath of Loyalty for being "unrealistic" it's that there are only three crime families and no triad, yakuza, small time drug dealers, and other street level criminal organizations (that we know of so far, we are on the second update).

Reactions: darth_hiruma

darth_hiruma

Jan 13, 2020
If I was going to call out Oath of Loyalty for being "unrealistic" it's that there are only three crime families and no triad, yakuza, small time drug dealers, and other street level criminal organizations (that we know of so far, we are on the second update).
Don't forget Irish mob.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrFriendly

KeiNineX

Aug 10, 2019
Yeah but that was local to you, how many people in other areas of the country would know that?
That's what I am saying, everybody knew about him. The whole country knew who he was but they couldn't do anything about it because he had something on everybody. And I wasn't really trying to argue that Jane should know about it or not, it was just and "unfun" fact that came into my mind because of the discussion.

• Haha
Reactions: Silk_Ari

SpikeZg

Engaged Member
May 8, 2018
Jane doesn't know shit, she barely knows how to make a good cappuccino :LOL: let alone who are the main crime families in the city...
But she knows one thing tho..., that she is going to be the future wife of soon to be the most powerfull and feard Boss in Dover city :cool:

MuffinManWantsPregnancy

Say no to NTR and Fuck a Preggie girl
Donor
Feb 5, 2020
Oh damn! I live in WA state. My dad lived in a city on the western coast (not gonna name it). He lived literally 5 minutes away from a factory that is owned by the Japanese Mafia. And the city that I live has a strong presence of both the cartels and italian mobs which I found odd when I first found out about it, because I don't live in a particularly big city.

3.90 star(s) 61 Votes