3.90 star(s) 61 Votes

Rodzaju

Dec 25, 2018
i don't get it, why so many people dislike Jane? In the latest poll on Patreon she was last :cautious:
It's not that I dislike Jane, rather that I really like Angela.

Also, Jane is really sweet and I think that the more involved I get in the family business, the less she will like it.

Angela has her eyes open a bit more.
Plus I like the romeo and Julie aspect and potentially uniting the houses...

Reactions: MrFriendly

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Anyone who's completed playing 2.0 will know that Angela is fully aware of her family's role in the city and she's none too happy about it. Unlike the MC, who's only now discovering what his own family really does.

KeiNineX

Aug 10, 2019
i don't get it, why so many people dislike Jane? In the latest poll on Patreon she was last :cautious:
Well... She's the "vanilla" option. She's not related to you and she's not part of the rival family, she's just a normal girl caught in the middle. Most people will always go for the "taboo" option. I actually really like her.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
It's not that I dislike Jane, rather that I really like Angela.

Also, Jane is really sweet and I think that the more involved I get in the family business, the less she will like it.

Plus I like the romeo and Julie aspect and potentially uniting the houses...
Well... She's the "vanilla" option. She's not related to you and she's not part of the rival family, she's just a normal girl caught in the middle. Most people will always go for the "taboo" option. I actually really like her.
Exactly! Jane is rather "plain" and everyone else we've been introduced to is more interesting: Angela, the Juliet to the MC's Romeo; Daniela, the forbidden/complicated "cousin" fuck buddy; all the other familial connected LI; Donna, the Strip Club manager who wants to give the MC a helping hand in learning the business... I mean, compared to those options the barista at the local coffee shop who has a "tragic" backstory isn't nearly as exciting (unless she turns out to be an undercover cop).

darth_hiruma

Jan 13, 2020
I'm a "family lover" and I love Jane.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
The update that will be released later today, or tomorrow (we're still squashing some bugs that crept in due to code changes in the update) has Marcy (the cop) and Donna (club 'manager') added to the corkboard. This is to allow the MC to have relationships with them later on, based on the feedback that Ari got after the 2.0 release.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
No reason why Jane couldn't be an undercover cop. It'd be a perfect way to get her close to the MC and "inside" the Gallio family. Especially with Marcy drawing attention to herself, and thus away from Jane. The MC is too stupid and too naive to consider the possibility, and Frank and Paulie both seem distracted and aren't doing the digging into her past that mobsters IRL would do to anyone trying to get close to one of the family members.

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Im hopeless when it comes to spelling. Hence the need for an editor lol

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
Others are simply more interesting. Honestly, I don't get why we're forced into a relationship with her when there's so many other choices anyway. It would be a tad bit different if she were the girlfriend by default (pre-prologue), but now it seems kinda pointless.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Others are simply more interesting. Honestly, I don't get why we're forced into a relationship with her when there's so many other choices anyway. It would be a tad bit different if she were the girlfriend by default (pre-prologue), but now it seems kinda pointless.
I agree (I understand why, and Silk_Ari and I have talked about this) but I really wish the "question" of Jane or Angela that we get at the beginning of the game meant we could either have Jane as our GF or not have a GF. Perhaps when the house party happens we try to call Angela and leave her a message. Thus the MC has no guest there and finds out what's going on with Angela later that day.

I just hope my joke about Jane being an undercover cop is right or that breaking up with her is simple because I'd hate to find out that the reason she "has to be" the MC's girlfriend is because she gets "fridged" as a way to motivate the MC into embracing his role in the Mafia.

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Pointless to you, not people who like her and want to keep her as his gf.

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
I just hope my joke about Jane being an undercover cop is right or that breaking up with her is simple because I'd hate to find out that the reason she "has to be" the MC's girlfriend is because she gets "fridged" as a way to motivate the MC into embracing his role in the Mafia.
No, the reason is simple, it's do you want a sweet girlfriend and be the kind hearted guy, or do you want to be ruthless and have a rebel girlfriend? or Do you want to go against the grain and go for the dangerous reationship...this is all routes that will be available. But he HAD to start with Jane as his gf. It was a story choice and Im sticking by it lol

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
No, the reason is simple, it's do you want a sweet girlfriend and be the kind hearted guy, or do you want to be ruthless and have a rebel girlfriend? or Do you want to go against the grain and go for the dangerous reationship...this is all routes that will be available. But he HAD to start with Jane as his gf. It was a story choice and Im sticking by it lol
So far "sweet" = boring. That's my complaint with Jane. Perhaps if we delved into her backstory more then she'd be more interesting but right now I'm meh about her. Seriously, if she dyed her hair red I'd be 100% more interested (I know, it's only the second release but I'm a demanding bitch, okay?)

How about the "route not implemented in game where we get all the girls and a beach house because we snitched and joined the Witness Relocation program" route? :ROFLMAO:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Silk_Ari

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
Pointless to you, not people who like her and want to keep her as his gf.
It's not about liking her or not, I think you misunderstood me, because I'm not questioning the character itself. I'm questioning the need for an automatically decided relationship at the very first chapters - unless of course it's an absolute and unavoidable necessity for the story line which I wouldn't know about it yet - when you only got to introduced to the possible targets. I'd have the same question about if it were Angela, or anyone else outside of the family circle, for obvious reasons that wouldn't happen just now. The whole scenario would come off differently, if she were the girlfriend of the main character even before we join into the story, like in many other games, but now it's like you sit down in a restaurant, and while you only just begun to looking at the menu, you already got served a dish without being asked, that you could either eat or send back and get another one. That would be weird wouldn't it?

taru

Apr 23, 2018
Yes. Upcoming chapters will decide who you want to romance. The first 2 chapters we're basically introduction and setting up the world. Going forward your choices will have direct impact on who you want to romance and what kind of person you are. Jane was always going to be his GF, if she remains his girlfriend is up to you.
well that's good I just feel bad her getting dragged into that mess after leaving one mess lol.

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
The whole scenario would come off differently, if she were the girlfriend of the main character even before we join into the story, like in many other games,

but now it's like you sit down in a restaurant, and while you only just begun to looking at the menu, you already got served a dish without being asked, that you could either eat or send back and get another one. That would be weird wouldn't it?
Why is it different to show you how they got together rather than you starting the story with her as your girlfriend? The end result is the same.

Your analogy of ordering at a restaurant is way off, I'm not waiting for you to tell me what to do and make it as if you were ordering something custom for you. I'm TELLING you hey come over to my house to enjoy some dinner I made... it's your prerogative not to like it and not to come for food at my place anymore and/or I can take some of your suggestions as to how to make my food better and apply it.

I hope I don't come off angry, I'm not... I'm just trying to explain my reasoning.

Reactions: TundraLupus

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Why is it different to show you how they got together rather than you starting the story with her as your girlfriend? The end result is the same.

Your analogy of ordering at a restaurant is way off, I'm not waiting for you to tell me what to do and make it as if you were ordering something custom for you. I'm TELLING you hey come over to my house to enjoy some dinner I made... it's your prerogative not to like it and not to come for food at my place anymore and/or I can take some of your suggestions as to how to make my food better and apply it.

I hope I don't come off angry, I'm not... I'm just trying to explain my reasoning.
Hmm, because it is made to seem like we had a choice but in actuality we never did. I was fine with it once you explained the situation but I understand why others may be more hung up about it. Besides Angela is hotter than Jane. ;)

3.90 star(s) 61 Votes