SharkVampire

Sep 12, 2018
You can actually learn Dalacles's specific "Dodge" skill through your choices in-game, by choosing to react in disgust after Dalacles's duel with Skorpa (The idea is that your character wants to run away from it all, hence gaining the skill to essentially run away in "Dodge"). The main character's class is meant to be more of a diplomat/commander, since that's the role you'll be playing in the story and what you've been raised to learn as the son of a Domini, but you can learn more combat oriented talents based off your choices (There'll be more choices like this to come into updates, such as being able to learn the "Great Blow" skill as well).
That's a really cool skill and I think it's better than Bark of Ambition, I tried it with Dalacles, but he still could do massive damage to me and I wasted a turn on him. I took "Enjoy the applauds" since that is the way I wanted to roleplay my hero, but it turns out there is much better skill. I don't want to be munchkin and break immersion just for skills I want. But I will hope that there will be some sort of trainers that will allow us to get some juicy skills as well.

Wisdom allows you to get the mind control magic attacks, which not only puts enemies under your control, but also inflicts a bunch of damage based off your Wisdom (They also allow you make some potent weapons/armor through crafting). Those talents are located at the bottom of your talent tree, in case you missed them.
Yes, I saw that skill, but first you need to get "Mask of Lys" which is just slightly enhance your armor and give 3 points to HAR and GUI? (if I got it right) Only when you get second skill "Break will" that require 27 wisdom! And the description says that enemies will attack "randomly anyone" (so you and your allies still can be targeted) which is not the best result I wanted. And only after that, the last skill will allow you to take control of your enemies. In my point of view, it's not really worth it. We need cheap skills before those two, that allow us to make damage to enemies based on our wisdom, or make some strong debuffs. I strongly dislike the effect of randomness in skills in any rpg games and prefer to always take what have guaranteed effects and parameters, so I will know exactly what my character capable of, rather than pray to god of Random.

But crafting is good, I didn't see any description in game, that wisdom allows you to do it, maybe I miss it? Should be placed somewhere is skill tree I guess? So everything would be in one place.

Last edited:

Young Griff

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2022
That's a really cool skill and I think it's better than Bark of Ambition, I tried it with Dalacles, but he still could do massive damage to me and I wasted a turn on him. I took "Enjoy the applauds" since that is the way I wanted to roleplay my hero, but it turns out there is much better skill. I don't want to be munchkin and break immersion just for skills I want. But I will hope that there will be some sort of trainers that will allow us to get some juicy skills as well.

Yes, I saw that skill, but first you need to get "Mask of Lys" which is just slightly enhance your armor and give 3 points to HAR and GUI? (if I got it right) Only when you get second skill "Break will" that require 27 wisdom! And the description says that enemies will attack "randomly anyone" (so you and your allies still can be targeted) which is not the best result I wanted. And only after that, the last skill will allow you to take control of your enemies. In my point of view, it's not really worth it. We need cheap skills before those two, that allow us to make damage to enemies based on our wisdom, or make some strong debuffs. I strongly dislike the effect of randomness in skills in any rpg games and prefer to always take what have guaranteed effects and parameters, so I will know exactly what my character capable of, rather than pray to god of Random.

But crafting is good, I didn't see any description in game, that wisdom allows you to do it, maybe I miss it? Should be placed somewhere is skill tree I guess? So everything would be in one place.
Bark of Ambition won't work on Dalacles because he's too courageous, most other enemies and even many bosses it will be ultra-effective on (The other boss you could've encountered for the Prologue instead of Dalacles, Ravilus, it does work on because he's kind of a coward).

As for Mask of Lys, +3 to both Guile and Charisma is nothing to scoff at. And while yes, Bend Will does cause enemies to randomly attack anyone, randomly attacking anyone is still better than only attacking you. Not to mention, Bend Will also inflicts Magic Damage as well, which most enemies aren't resistant to. So its a potent attack skill with a potent debuff. Thanks to the damage, it will always be a plus in some way.

The costs for the Bend Will and Break Will skills are items that you craft, only unlocking the recipes for them after you unlock the skill. Because of that, they're a bit hidden at the moment. I'm debating on whether I want to keep it that way or not.

Reactions: Onodpiro

Zahkrom

Jul 6, 2022
Cant interact with him or interact with the quest-marker.

Have tried restarting and talked to everyone and interacted with everything at this point.
What have i missed?

Young Griff

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2022
Cant interact with him or interact with the quest-marker.

Have tried restarting and talked to everyone and interacted with everything at this point.
What have i missed?
That's weird. He's supposed to automatically interact with you upon entering the chamber.

I'll look into it.

Reactions: Zahkrom

Young Griff

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2022
Hello, everyone! I hope your new year is off to a productive start! I know it has been for me, hence the new progress report-update-thing I've drummed up.

Same deal with the last one, not a content update yet, just a report on what's been developed over the past month. Actual big boi game update is still planned for March. Also, some slight spoilers will be revealed, so if you want to stay completely in the dark until the next game version, then feel free to disregard this post (Just know that development is still chugging along).

But let's not waste anymore time, since I got a lot to cover.

Last we left off, our intrepid hero was taken to Lerica, a war-torn frontier covered in misty forests and mountains. Much of my time was spent mapping and fleshing out the Lerican wilderness which you (and some new pals) get to explore and interact with:

Screenshot (584).png
Screenshot (585).png
Screenshot (657).png

Also, this being quite the dangerous environment, you'll also have a bit of fighting on your hands if you're not careful. Lerica seems to have a wolf infestation...

Screenshot (655).png

But that's not at all. After I finished up the new maps and everything within, it was on to more renders, 80+, bringing the new render count for the next version 150. A couple of these Renders are smaller, however, used for more briefer interactions with characters like our old slaver-buddy Rapto, who isn't having the best time.

Screenshot (649).png

But I haven't just focused on old characters. New lands bring new faces, and there are plenty more waiting to meet you...for better or worse.

Screenshot (646).png
Screenshot (632).png

Now, I understand some of you wanted less bust-renders like these and more full-renders, and I have heard you and agree. I still want to use these busts just for the smaller interactions (but ones that'd text boxes wouldn't do just on their own), but there are plenty of new full scenes as well. The biggest one is when you and Sheva stumble upon some enemy soldiers. This scene is chalk-full of lore, characterization, skill checks, and of course, choices, mainly in the soldiers' fate.

MalkanScouts02.png
MalkanScouts10.png
MalkanScouts21.png
MalkanScouts23.png
Screenshot (658).png

Also, as I'm sure you realized from her being in almost every screenshot, it turns out Sheva is pretty important after all. Not gonna lie, it was always the plan, for she's your first major companion with her very own talent tree and skills (There's two more coming along to make the classic 4-man party, though your PC is the only actual man in that party). Thus, a lot of the new renders also involve her:

Screenshot (647).png

Fun fact: This scene below involving you, Sheva, and Rapto was the most fun for me to write just from a banter stand-point, Sheva being the chaotic neutral we all need in our lives.

Screenshot (652).png

And, of course, what would be an erotic game update without some previews of another new spicy scene. Once again, Sheva is the star, enjoying some me-time after a hard day adventuring... (There's a few more on my if you're interested...).

TentSheva01.png
TentSheva06.png
TentSheva08.png

Also, some of you requested to have warnings before boss battles or just hard fights in general. Now that you'll have a constant companion, communicating these in an immersive way are much more possible:

Screenshot (659).png

And that's just about it for this update. Only other thing was that I had to write and make a new level -up / stat point system because Yanfly's started getting buggy for whatever reason. Its not a new mechanic or anything, it pretty much just does the same thing as before only it...ya know, works.

Thanks for reading! It was kind of coincidental this update came exactly a month after the first one, so idk if they'll always be on the 20th, but I'll try. So, be on the look out for that, as well the actual new game version still scheduled for March. Follow me on all the things, Itch, , blah, blah, blah. See you guys soon!

Dvnasty

Sep 7, 2017
Hello, everyone! I hope your new year is off to a productive start! I know it has been for me, hence the new progress report-update-thing I've drummed up.

Same deal with the last one, not a content update yet, just a report on what's been developed over the past month. Actual big boi game update is still planned for March. Also, some slight spoilers will be revealed, so if you want to stay completely in the dark until the next game version, then feel free to disregard this post (Just know that development is still chugging along).

But let's not waste anymore time, since I got a lot to cover.

Last we left off, our intrepid hero was taken to Lerica, a war-torn frontier covered in misty forests and mountains. Much of my time was spent mapping and fleshing out the Lerican wilderness which you (and some new pals) get to explore and interact with:

View attachment 2326443
View attachment 2326445
View attachment 2326446

Also, this being quite the dangerous environment, you'll also have a bit of fighting on your hands if you're not careful. Lerica seems to have a wolf infestation...

View attachment 2326448

But that's not at all. After I finished up the new maps and everything within, it was on to more renders, 80+, bringing the new render count for the next version 150. A couple of these Renders are smaller, however, used for more briefer interactions with characters like our old slaver-buddy Rapto, who isn't having the best time.

View attachment 2326453

But I haven't just focused on old characters. New lands bring new faces, and there are plenty more waiting to meet you...for better or worse.

View attachment 2326454
View attachment 2326455

Now, I understand some of you wanted less bust-renders like these and more full-renders, and I have heard you and agree. I still want to use these busts just for the smaller interactions (but ones that'd text boxes wouldn't do just on their own), but there are plenty of new full scenes as well. The biggest one is when you and Sheva stumble upon some enemy soldiers. This scene is chalk-full of lore, characterization, skill checks, and of course, choices, mainly in the soldiers' fate.

View attachment 2326459
View attachment 2326460
View attachment 2326461
View attachment 2326462
View attachment 2326463

Also, as I'm sure you realized from her being in almost every screenshot, it turns out Sheva is pretty important after all. Not gonna lie, it was always the plan, for she's your first major companion with her very own talent tree and skills (There's two more coming along to make the classic 4-man party, though your PC is the only actual man in that party). Thus, a lot of the new renders also involve her:

View attachment 2326464

Fun fact: This scene below involving you, Sheva, and Rapto was the most fun for me to write just from a banter stand-point, Sheva being the chaotic neutral we all need in our lives.

View attachment 2326467

And, of course, what would be an erotic game update without some previews of another new spicy scene. Once again, Sheva is the star, enjoying some me-time after a hard day adventuring... (There's a few more on my if you're interested...).

View attachment 2326468
View attachment 2326469
View attachment 2326471

Also, some of you requested to have warnings before boss battles or just hard fights in general. Now that you'll have a constant companion, communicating these in an immersive way are much more possible:

View attachment 2326473

And that's just about it for this update. Only other thing was that I had to write and make a new level -up / stat point system because Yanfly's started getting buggy for whatever reason. Its not a new mechanic or anything, it pretty much just does the same thing as before only it...ya know, works.

Thanks for reading! It was kind of coincidental this update came exactly a month after the first one, so idk if they'll always be on the 20th, but I'll try. So, be on the look out for that, as well the actual new game version still scheduled for March. Follow me on all the things, Itch, , blah, blah, blah. See you guys soon!
so..... what if we kill her?

Young Griff

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2022
so..... what if we kill her?
Then she's dead, and won't appear in the game again, for better or worse. That's the moral quandary. She's unarmed, as well as a girl, but she's from an enemy tribe (a tribe who just may be working with an old enemy of the player) and thus, if she's allowed to live, could tell said enemy tribe vital information of your whereabouts. Choice is yours.

• Haha
Reactions: mrttao and Dvnasty

Young Griff

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2022
Q1 of 2024 is my deadline for the final WIN/Mac/Linux version, though it may come out sooner depending on if any more content gets cut or not (Plenty of planned stuff has already been scrapped), as well as how my own personal schedule turns out. I've been able to work on the game almost everyday, and once I'm out of school in a couple months, I should have even more time work on it.

Reactions: RPG hentai lover

JoeAngel

Oct 16, 2020
Lovely Story real deal anyway I loved How He hated This Bastard son of Bit* Of Sicko Tybo Guy
and How he Loved his Sweet Lovely Cutie Doodledo Of Sister
but I got qustion about the box that hard to open does there is anyway to open it before The match with the Rat Face Guy who simple Son of Sick father and Ugly Mother :cool:
and about the what i think of the story so Far So Awesome I hope to see it Completed SOon

Reactions: Young Griff

Young Griff

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2022
Lovely Story real deal anyway I loved How He hated This Bastard son of Bit* Of Sicko Tybo Guy
and How he Loved his Sweet Lovely Cutie Doodledo Of Sister
but I got qustion about the box that hard to open does there is anyway to open it before The match with the Rat Face Guy who simple Son of Sick father and Ugly Mother :cool:
and about the what i think of the story so Far So Awesome I hope to see it Completed SOon
There is a way to open that box. You
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: JoeAngel

Young Griff

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2022
Hello, everyone! I hope your February is going well so far. Tbh mine's been pretty shit-tastic, but don't worry! That hasn't stopped the wheels of progress from turning (And it helps that game development is one of the only things that gives me consistent ease of mind).

Welcome to the last Devlog before the big March Update! I'm also kind of surprised I was able to stay consistent with the upload schedule for these things, always managing to get them up on the 20th. Here's hoping that's a good sign to future consistency!

But enough nonsense. Let's get into what I've worked on over the last month (Obligatory slight spoiler warning):

Most obvious is the render count, as always, pumping out exactly 90 of the bad boys this month, a combination of full scenes and busts. These renders feature the return and expansion of previously known characters, one such being the infamous Priscilla (Who actually remembered to put make-up on)

Screenshot (754).png

Another character getting more time in the spotlight is Awiti who was introduced last month. I didn't say much about her, mainly because Awiti herself begins as a pretty tight-lipped individual. But perhaps, if you make the right decisions, you can get her to open up and possibly begin a promising..."friendship".

Screenshot (759).png

Screenshot (760).png

At this point in the game, you and your fellow slaves have been anticipating a battle with the local Strider tribes, the most prominent of them being the Isvar. This battle finally comes to fruition and you get to see these tribals up-close!

Screenshot (765).png

Suffice to say, this battle doesn't go as planned...leading to a bit of a clusterfuck as you and Sheva (I would never forget about Sheva) wander about the battlefield, fighting and surviving on a variety of maps and in a variety of situations:

Screenshot (768).png

Screenshot (770).png

Screenshot (785).png

Screenshot (769).png

Its in this chaos you can encounter some new characters. One of them being Evelyn (Or as Sheva calls her, Busty), a knight-ish looking sort who may or may not be important later on...

Screenshot (790).png

You may also encounter the far less beautiful and far more creepy Gorozuma (Whose scene was my favorite to write this month):

Screenshot (784).png

But most of the renders are centered on best-girl Sheva and fat-bastard Rapto, including a fully-rendered scene where things get a little...heated. In more ways than one too...

Screenshot (772).png

Screenshot (776).png

Screenshot (777).png

Depending on how this scene goes for players, it may also lead to the first Defeat Scene. Defeat scenes are OPTIONAL sex scenes that occur after losing combat in certain circumstances. Even if you lose, you're still given the choice on whether you want to view them or go straight to a gameover. And if you win the combat, you unlock the scene in the Gallery to be viewed at your leisure. In this first scene, Sheva might've undertaken more than she bargained for... (It also knockouts the first of several threesomes(+) you may encounter throughout the game)

TwitDefeat1.png

TwitDefeat2.png

Finally, due to popular request, I've also successfully integrated a Quicksave function. Just press "R" (Or whatever button you wanna bind it to) when you're outside of combat or dialogue and you'll instantly save to the last file you saved in.

Screenshot (771).png

And that's it for this update! Next time you get a pop-up for the game will be the much-anticipated March Update where you'll finally get to experience all this stuff for yourself! Also coming with that update are the Discord, Patreon, and Subscribestar that some of you have been asking for, so here's to that! Remember to follow me on all the things, Itch, , blah blah blah.

I'll see you all soon!

4.50 star(s) 16 Votes