VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Its ok. You'll have another chance to get the correct day on the 4th birthday.
I don't know about that. According to the dev update he's only got a few finishing touches to put on it then he's going to release the chapter.

Then it's on to Steam and smaller releases.

You must remember, it's in the update.

From January.

And copy pasta'd every month since.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
I don't know about that. According to the dev update he's only got a few finishing touches to put on it then he's going to release the chapter.

Then it's on to Steam and smaller releases.

You must remember, it's in the update.

From January.

And copy pasta'd every month since.
Oh come on, I'm sure Stencilbits is right on schedule to finish and realise the update...

About a billion years after the heat-death of the universe.

Aug 16, 2019
(Fake) Monthly update: July 29th New Month Same Old Same Old.
Once again another month ends and it's time for another monthly update. Three years... it's been three long and arduous years since my last update. There have been some ups and a lot more downs with real life causing way too many unintended delays on the release of 0.4 and the Alice path. I've been working hard on motion capture for realistic animations.

It's a long road when you're on your own, but I can say without a shadow of a doubt that we're getting close to the release date. I just need to clean up the script, tighten some of the story and fix some renders. Much to my chagrin, I will not be updating some of the earlier renders that were a bit ugly. I have to do so in order to have a release ready.

And as always, I'm not going to take any Patreon payments until 0.4 is out (I'll temporarily suspend my Patreon at the end of each month until then).

The rest of the post is mostly copied from my previous updates for those who are new or the f95 whiny bitches who mock my George RR Martin-esque delays and excuses. Let me see you try to come up with creative excuses every month for three years before you can mock mine! See you in the next post, thanks for your support and patience!

--

So, TL;DR:

* Next release 0.4 will have Alice's full storyline.

* Some new tech in 0.4: interactive 3D and pre-rendered movies, at least a few of each. When I get the pipeline (and my skills) working smoothly, next releases should have more.

* After 0.4 I will try out a bit faster release schedule with partial updates instead of releasing large, complete routes that take ages to finish. We'll see how it goes.

* Steam release at some point after 0.4 is out. Steam has been pretty random with adult games, so who knows what can happen.

markel1000

Oct 27, 2020
(Fake) Monthly update: July 29th New Month Same Old Same Old.
Once again another month ends and it's time for another monthly update. Three years... it's been three long and arduous years since my last update. There have been some ups and a lot more downs with real life causing way too many unintended delays on the release of 0.4 and the Alice path. I've been working hard on motion capture for realistic animations.

It's a long road when you're on your own, but I can say without a shadow of a doubt that we're getting close to the release date. I just need to clean up the script, tighten some of the story and fix some renders. Much to my chagrin, I will not be updating some of the earlier renders that were a bit ugly. I have to do so in order to have a release ready.

And as always, I'm not going to take any Patreon payments until 0.4 is out (I'll temporarily suspend my Patreon at the end of each month until then).

The rest of the post is mostly copied from my previous updates for those who are new or the f95 whiny bitches who mock my George RR Martin-esque delays and excuses. Let me see you try to come up with creative excuses every month for three years before you can mock mine! See you in the next post, thanks for your support and patience!

--

So, TL;DR:

* Next release 0.4 will have Alice's full storyline.

* Some new tech in 0.4: interactive 3D and pre-rendered movies, at least a few of each. When I get the pipeline (and my skills) working smoothly, next releases should have more.

* After 0.4 I will try out a bit faster release schedule with partial updates instead of releasing large, complete routes that take ages to finish. We'll see how it goes.

* Steam release at some point after 0.4 is out. Steam has been pretty random with adult games, so who knows what can happen.
Damn how did you get this leak

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
*deadpan* Oh my thrusting groin. I can not contain the excitement for what he has to say. I am sure it will be a riveting romp describing how we shall be able to pleasure the ladies in this update. I look forward to his missives every month. */deadpan*

• Haha
Reactions: Stringy Bob

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017
1659233684931.png

Unlocked

Another month goes by, which means it's time for another monthly update! The infamous Release Button has been pressed as as test and the raw build is almost a gigabyte in size. The size has almost tripled when compared to the previous release. Luckily a lot of videos and 3D stuff can be compressed or resized more to get it smaller as the size starts to be painful, especially on low-end Android devices. I'll also have to partition some of the data into separate Ren'py archives. This way, you can download the basic version and optionally download videos or 3D scenes if you want to, and the game automatically uses them if available. If they are not provided, the game falls back to using normal, static images. It takes some extra tinkering and coding, but Ren'py has basic support for this. This way it would also be possible to provide HD versions of videos and textures for those with good bandwidth and GPU's, although managing all those files could get trickier.

Anyway, the point is that release is near. Still, no promises, as I have learned. Stay tuned as I tune the resources!

The rest of the post is mostly copied from my previous updates for those who are new or want to be reminded of what will be coming next. See you in the next post, thanks for your support and patience!

minoslune

Aug 17, 2017
godlike game, Its such a forgotten thing nowadays to release actual routes instead of episodes with each girl, I definitely appreciate the traditional approach to the storytelling.

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
Jokes aside i think were getting a realase this yr cuz if we dont i think even ppl on his patreon are gonna be pissed
Some of those patrons are waking up.
The number stayed damn near steady at 165 patrons since 2019. If you look its now 147.

Will more jump ship and call it quits? Definitely. Will they be pissed? No. Disappointed? Damn right. They've been subbed to a game that hasn't had an update for 3 years (Just had the 3rd full year anniversary) and if they are not pissed by now then they never will be.

Pausing those payments each month has definitely earned him some respect from his patreons but even that will run out eventually. I doubt it will be a mass exodus when/if there is no update this year.

On another note. Is there a hacker here that can get Stencilbits email so we can send emails en masse asking about 0.4?

markel1000

Oct 27, 2020
Some of those patrons are waking up.
The number stayed damn near steady at 165 patrons since 2019. If you look its now 147.

Will more jump ship and call it quits? Definitely. Will they be pissed? No. Disappointed? Damn right. They've been subbed to a game that hasn't had an update for 3 years (Just had the 3rd full year anniversary) and if they are not pissed by now then they never will be.

Pausing those payments each month has definitely earned him some respect from his patreons but even that will run out eventually. I doubt it will be a mass exodus when/if there is no update this year.

On another note. Is there a hacker here that can get Stencilbits email so we can send emails en masse asking about 0.4?
Yeah i noticed that too you can only hold on so long

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes