VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Well yeah cole is a very nice guy torwards people he likes and is most of the time pretty dense when it comes to certain topics. But for me he is a MC thats very likeable compared to so many others in adult games.
He is a lot more likeable than most MC's I see.

The only issue I take is his idiocy tends to be frustrating at times.

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
He is a lot more likeable than most MC's I see.

The only issue I take is his idiocy tends to be frustrating at times.
True his idiocy is frustrating at times but it also makes some scenes way funnier than they would be if he would be sharp as a knife.

Aug 7, 2018
Well yeah cole is a very nice guy torwards people he likes and is most of the time pretty dense when it comes to certain topics. But for me he is a MC thats very likeable compared to so many others in adult games.
I'd agree... on Nina's and Melissa's routes. That mix of dense, silly and cynic is endearing more often than not.

On Amy's route he's acting too much like a dumb jackass.

One of the things I liked most about this game (again, on Nina and Melissa's routes) is its sense of timing. There were some silly and over-the-top scenes, but just before they could get tiresome it cut away. Joke delivered, moving on.

The bakesale had similar antics, but he's not having silly fun with his friends, he's acting like a jerk towards strangers. Not only did those jokes not land (for me), the scene dragged on and on. This behaviour is the kind of shit that gets you shanked in dark alleyways. Have you learned nothing Cole? Only thing missing is picking up his baton to go after the guy who's well in his rights to harbour a grudge, completely throwing his earlier speech and char developement out of the window.

Oh wait. That actually happens. And that's where i dropped Amy's route. A shame, because i like Amy. She's adorable. But i can't stand Cole's behaviour on her route.

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
I'd agree... on Nina's and Melissa's routes. That mix of dense, silly and cynic is endearing more often than not.

On Amy's route he's acting too much like a dumb jackass.

One of the things I liked most about this game (again, on Nina and Melissa's routes) is its sense of timing. There were some silly and over-the-top scenes, but just before they could get tiresome it cut away. Joke delivered, moving on.

The bakesale had similar antics, but he's not having silly fun with his friends, he's acting like a jerk towards strangers. Not only did those jokes not land, the scene dragged on and on. This behaviour is the kind of shit that gets you shanked in dark alleyways. Have you learned nothing Cole? Only thing missing is picking up his baton to go after the guy who's well in his rights to harbour a grudge, completely throwing his earlier speech and char developement out of the window.

Oh wait. That actually happens. And that's where i dropped Amy's route. A shame, because i like Amy. She's adorable. But i can't stand Cole's behaviour on her route.
Hm...yeah he is a bit off on Amy's route but you should still play it because it is good if you get past these scenes where Cole acts like a donkey.

joecoe

Jun 14, 2018
You can't skip choices though, all choices leading up to the beach scene are including in deciding which path you are on. People make the mistake of thinking that one choice James gives is the path branch and end up on a different one than they wanted because they skimmed through earlier choices.
I know most choices before the lake scene are important for selection of the path. But if you know the common path and skip text, it is possible to get from start to the lake scene in about 5 minutes.

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
I know most choices before the lake scene are important for selection of the path. But if you know the common path and skip text, it is possible to get from start to the lake scene in about 5 minutes.
The problem is that people are not even willing to do that, they love to complain (and i don't mean Avaron because she plays the game) instead of just using unren if they just want to see the H Scenes.

Fantabaldu

The Pirate King
Donor
Feb 19, 2019

It's time for the traditional end-of-the-month update! Plenty has happened during this month and the release of version 0.3 was probably the biggest happening. Delays, my real-life job and other issues took their toll and 0.3 was a pretty rough release to do. Still, thanks to everyone for your support! And patience.
Now that 0.3 is out things look a lot better for the next release. And speaking of next release, currently Alice and Kate are dueling for the honor of being the focus of the next 0.4 update. The poll closes next Wednesday, so remember to vote if you can. Once the poll has ended, I'll start writing the story for the winner. And of course, renders will soon follow.
Other than that, I'm currently working on some miscellaneous tech and content-pipeline improvements that hopefully make producing content a bit more faster. If things go well maybe I'll manage to create some animation tests at some point too.
I might also start advertising myself on social media and other similar platforms a bit more. I have kept a pretty low profile since 0.1 was released and I mostly just tested the waters in a few places. So, maybe someday you'll get to see me engage in dumb Twitter fights with random people.
That's all for now! Let's make the next release a great one!

Alteni

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018

View attachment 334040

It's time for the traditional end-of-the-month update! Plenty has happened during this month and the release of version 0.3 was probably the biggest happening. Delays, my real-life job and other issues took their toll and 0.3 was a pretty rough release to do. Still, thanks to everyone for your support! And patience.
Now that 0.3 is out things look a lot better for the next release. And speaking of next release, currently Alice and Kate are dueling for the honor of being the focus of the next 0.4 update. The poll closes next Wednesday, so remember to vote if you can. Once the poll has ended, I'll start writing the story for the winner. And of course, renders will soon follow.
Other than that, I'm currently working on some miscellaneous tech and content-pipeline improvements that hopefully make producing content a bit more faster. If things go well maybe I'll manage to create some animation tests at some point too.
I might also start advertising myself on social media and other similar platforms a bit more. I have kept a pretty low profile since 0.1 was released and I mostly just tested the waters in a few places. So, maybe someday you'll get to see me engage in dumb Twitter fights with random people.
That's all for now! Let's make the next release a great one!
ty for the post info !

chainarmor

Sep 22, 2018
Purely by accident stumbled upon this game, decided to try and I can not come off for the third day, I spent all my weekend and canceled all my plans to continue reading the story. It's not normal for me, grown man to sit and admire like a little schoolgirl. In this game there is no animation, as have such authors as ICSTOR or PhillyGames, but if the author reads this message, I want you mouth its huge lasting gratitude, because your simple history caused I have many warm feelings and received so much pleasant of emotions and for festivity, and after all me still yet to half of game. Thank you. P.S. sorry for such a child reaction. P. P. S. Nina is best of the best.

Mytez

Engaged Member
Jul 28, 2017
Purely by accident stumbled upon this game, decided to try and I can not come off for the third day, I spent all my weekend and canceled all my plans to continue reading the story.
I'm in the same boat as you, I played the game for a first time a couple of days ago after skipping it since it was on hold or something like that. I'm playing one rute per day as they have a ton of text, but I feel like I can't get enough. Every character instantly hook you with their amazing personalities and makes you instantly care for them.

At first I didn't want to play the other routes, aside from Nina's, because I felt such connection to the character that would feel like cheating on her. But after playing Melissa's I had the same feelings as the first one, watching her character evolution was an absolute pleasure and the ending was just pure perfection. Now I'm going to play Amy's, which I've seen has some problems according to fellow posters, but knowing her character I'm sure it would be a pleasant experience.

I'm so glad that I decided to give the game a chance, it easily has one of the best written characters I've ever seen. The game might not have any of that fancy stuff like freeroam, minigames or super quality renders, but it's a testament about how a VN only needs great writing to become a pleasure to play. Easily in my top 5 of all time. And yes, Nina is the best *ruffles hair*.

Last edited:

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
I try to resist playing through Melissa's part again so I could see Amy's for the first time, but it is an uphill battle. She is so damn good and so is her story...

All you heretics calling Nina better than Melissa don't make it easier for me either...

Reactions: Namco15

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
All 3 of the paths are really good, im pulling for Alice getting the next update. It looks like it'll be close. I agree with the other people in that the stories in this game are excellent. A real hidden gem. I didn't play this for a while because it was a .1 and I assumed it didn't have much content and it hadn't been updated in forever, but decided to try it anyway because of how highly it was rated. I thought Nina's path would never end, and every second of it was epic. Then Mel's update came out and it was awesome too and now Amy is amazing. This game is probably top 5-10 on the site IMO.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I'm interested in Alice's story but i'm waiting for Helen's.

Kate i'll save till last. We'll overdose on redhead otherwise.

I don't quite get how Helen gets a path but Jane doesn't though but I won't complain .... much.

Mytez

Engaged Member
Jul 28, 2017
Kate i'll save till last. We'll overdose on redhead otherwise.
Kate was too involved in Amy's path. Having two updates featuring the same character one after the other wouldn't be a good idea. Next update should be either Alice or Helen (which we know next to nothing), or Jane which will probably explain more about Cole's past, which is always interesting. She's also awesome, of course.

I'm hoping for Alice over Helen, first we focus on the character we are close to and then in her family.

Reactions: Namco15

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Jane which will probably explain more about Cole's past, which is always interesting. She's also awesome, of course.
See, that's my point. Jane having a path would make so much sense but nooooo, she isn't getting one.

I want Alice before Helen just so we can find out more about her. I'm not that invested in her character at the moment, she only made a brief appearance.

The only problem I have is i'm not all that interested in Alice as a love interest.

She's cute but I don't see anything more than that, i'm essentially using her as a preview for Helen.

Reactions: Mytez

joecoe

Jun 14, 2018
Kate was too involved in Amy's path. Having two updates featuring the same character one after the other wouldn't be a good idea. Next update should be either Alice or Helen (which we know next to nothing), or Jane which will probably explain more about Cole's past, which is always interesting. She's also awesome, of course.

I'm hoping for Alice over Helen, first we focus on the character we are close to and then in her family.
Jane is not among the options, unfortunately. But I totally agree that Kate's role in Amy's path was too big.
Amy deserves a branch of the path where MC can say: "Get the fuck out" to Kate. :)

Vainglorious

Jun 14, 2018
See, that's my point. Jane having a path would make so much sense but nooooo, she isn't getting one.
Well Jane was added to the poll but doesn't look like there is enough interest in her to get her own path. I'd actually like an Amy's mom path cause I think she's hot and like her personality but there is no way that's happening.

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes