VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

prrt

Feb 24, 2019
IMO named update is the monthly update about progression of update 0.4 .
I soooo hope I'm wrong .

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
tn.jpg

The end of the month is approaching again, so it's time for the good, old monthly update post! Another thing also approaching is the release of version 0.4, which will add a completely new route for Alice as many will probably already know. So, let's get right to business.
I had a long winter vacation this year and also skipped January's Patreon payments as mentioned before. However, I still did some work during my vacation, especially with the new (but experimental) interactive 3D system. 0.4 should have a few interactive scenes if things go well. I also worked with the animations to produce more traditional pre-rendered videos. Before the real 0.4 release, I will publish a beta test release (or two), so I can fix any bugs or other issues related to those features.
Next, the major question: when will 0.4 be out? I might be able to squeeze 0.4 release to February, but I'll probably want to polish it more and the eventual release date will most likely end up in March. However, if this happens, I will also skip Patreon payment for March. This gives me some time to finish things up and you don't have to worry so much about my busted deadlines.
Also, a new series for $10 Patreons starts in a few days, get ready to vote which girls will feature next! Maybe there will even be a short video or two...
So, TL;DR:
* New tech in 0.4: interactive 3D and pre-rendered movies, at least a few of each. When I get the pipeline (and my skills) working smoothly, next releases should have more.
* There should be a test release or two before the real, full release.
* Release in February/March, official release date announced later.
* After 0.4 I will try out a bit faster release schedule with partial updates instead of releasing large, complete routes that take ages to finish. We'll see how it goes.
* Steam release at some point after 0.4 is out. Steam has been pretty random with adult games, so who knows what can happen.
Thanks for everyone for your support again! Let's keep things rolling!

prrt

Feb 24, 2019
Have to confess that when i started to pay the dev on patreon I took in consideration he is not so fast with his game updates an that's why I got one of the lower tiers .
So now I wouldn't care to pay monthly even when not updating .

TobiMAH

Dec 19, 2017
I've heard somewhere that Jane won't have a route or isn't a LI and she was in this poll right after 0.3, now i wanna know if the dev has any plans to add a route for Jane cuz she's my fav (i don't follow this thread so if this has been talked about sorry)

1581641664364.png

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
She wasn't getting a route but then she was added to a poll which, for reasons i'll never understand, Alice won and Jane barely got any love so I don't know if she'll get a route.

Reactions: Westinaction

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
I've heard somewhere that Jane won't have a route or isn't a LI and she was in this poll right after 0.3, now i wanna know if the dev has any plans to add a route for Jane cuz she's my fav (i don't follow this thread so if this has been talked about sorry)

View attachment 551607
From discord ( when I asked how many routes there will be and for which girl) :
Paths in total? The original plan was to have routes for for Amy, Melissa and Nina and some adult scenes for Alice, Kate and Helen. But things grew and it's pretty much up to you guys to vote after Alice is ready. Plus there are also Jane and one new side character in 0.4. And the harem solution.

It might be that not every girl will get a route or they'll get a shortened one. I'll plan to continue Offcuts for at least a year or so and once 0.4 is out I'll try to put out shorter (and faster) updates so people might want to "try out" different characters. I already have a next project in mind, but it's still in idea stage.

TobiMAH

Dec 19, 2017
It might be that not every girl will get a route or they'll get a shortened one. I'll plan to continue Offcuts for at least a year or so and once 0.4 is out I'll try to put out shorter (and faster) updates so people might want to "try out" different characters.
So even Kate and Helen might get short routes? but if that's the case then it doesn't do them justice compared to the other 4 girls (Alice yet to be released) imo.

Bucketbot89

Feb 11, 2018
From discord ( when I asked how many routes there will be and for which girl) :
Paths in total? The original plan was to have routes for for Amy, Melissa and Nina and some adult scenes for Alice, Kate and Helen. But things grew and it's pretty much up to you guys to vote after Alice is ready. Plus there are also Jane and one new side character in 0.4. And the harem solution.

It might be that not every girl will get a route or they'll get a shortened one. I'll plan to continue Offcuts for at least a year or so and once 0.4 is out I'll try to put out shorter (and faster) updates so people might want to "try out" different characters. I already have a next project in mind, but it's still in idea stage.
Thamks for sharing. Really hoping Jane does get a route.

Reactions: genthrow

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018
It might be that not every girl will get a route or they'll get a shortened one. I'll plan to continue Offcuts for at least a year or so and once 0.4 is out I'll try to put out shorter (and faster) updates so people might want to "try out" different characters.
It would be great because ~6 months is just a bunch of time to wait...

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes