VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

ShadowThrone

Mar 3, 2020
A few strange things I have noticed :

Amy in maid costume. You can clearly see she is wearing underwear. You then lift her outfit and say 'no underwear?' as she is naked underneath.

Melissa says she needs to get undressed but you can see she is naked.

Sometimes in sex scenes they act is if they are doing something for the first time

Reactions: Ti'elby Mercedes

Geowraith

Jan 28, 2020
This VN had me in stitches even after three playthroughs along three major branches. James is hands-down one of my favorite fictional characters in any medium. Other VN's would benefit from good NPC's like this; it takes a good writer to pull off the humor seen in all the characters here.

Reckless_XD

Dec 14, 2019
Honestly speaking Offcuts is one of/ if not the best visual novel I have witnessed. Offcuts has incredible story development for characters, the renders are well done and gives the novel a sense of uniqueness. I can't wait for the next update, I have been on edge and continuously checking for updates. Does anyone know if Stencilbits has said anything on the next release.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Does anyone know if Stencilbits has said anything on the next release.
Release could come any time. Stencil has never given an accurate prediction, last time he gave one was for the last update which was given 2 weeks and came out 3 months later.

Some people assumed this would be out last year, others have their own ideas of when.

Truth is not a single person knows even the dev, it will be out when it's out is the only answer I can give.

Reactions: KeksimusMaximus

chesus

Nov 18, 2017
Honestly speaking Offcuts is one of/ if not the best visual novel I have witnessed. Offcuts has incredible story development for characters, the renders are well done and gives the novel a sense of uniqueness. I can't wait for the next update, I have been on edge and continuously checking for updates. Does anyone know if Stencilbits has said anything on the next release.
Offcuts is honestly the best visual novel I have ever come across, and I can't believe it's not better known, every part of this game reeks of polish and care.

Stencilbits' patreon and discord are the best place to go for updates, but for now, sometime this year seems like a good shout to expect an update

Reactions: Nerdyguy31

Warhawk1

Apr 30, 2019
So there's no harem ending? What happens if you try to romance them all?

Will you get a "sorry you must choose one" choice?
The game splits into inividual routes of a girl after a certain decision..you have to make the correct decisions or you'll get a bad ending..I heard the dev is planning a harem route

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
So there's no harem ending? What happens if you try to romance them all?

Will you get a "sorry you must choose one" choice?
You can't romance them all. It's a date sim, you pick one and go with it.

You get a chance to cheat on one route and get a bad end.

wstlndwarrior

Mar 1, 2020
I'm sure you dont want to hear it. I certainly didnt. This MC is a complete dumbass pussy bitch. Its frustrating having to see him make choices that are completely unnecessary. The entire encounter he has with Melissa is a farce. Why could i naught choose to laught directly into that done bitches face. During ANYTHING. MC is a fucking pussy. Its not his fault though. It's someones that holds a higher power over the game.

Earthling

Mar 6, 2018
I'm sure you dont want to hear it. I certainly didnt. This MC is a complete dumbass pussy bitch. Its frustrating having to see him make choices that are completely unnecessary. The entire encounter he has with Melissa is a farce. Why could i naught choose to laught directly into that done bitches face. During ANYTHING. MC is a fucking pussy. Its not his fault though. It's someones that holds a higher power over the game.
I take it you didn't play many japanese visual novels? Because protagonists in these games are (for the most part) certified retards. And this game is basically one big homage to JVNs.

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
This VN is strongly story-oriented and it is understandable that it is not in the power of the developer to give players too much freedom in different situations because it would take a lot of time to make a story that makes sense for all choices.
Moreover, the fact that MC acts as a retard in some situations is an essential part of the humor of this visual novel. And I like the humor.
It is clear that it was not intended that this VN be taken too seriously, and a healthy level of exaggeration is present in most parts of the story.

Last edited:

OEJ

'Dirth ma, harellan. Ma banal enasalin. Mar solas'
Donor
Dec 9, 2017
Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits] (299Mb)
82 MB rar unofficial pc compressed (slightlyreduced image/video/audio quality):
- - -

Performed using:
UnRen v0.8 (Sam@f95zone) & Cruncher v0.4.1(BAS@f95zone)

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
This VN is strongly story-oriented and it is understandable that it is not in the power of the developer to give players too much freedom in different situations because it would take a lot of time to make a story that makes sense for all choices.
Moreover, the fact that MC acts as a retard in some situations is an essential part of the humor of this visual novel. And I like the humor.
It is clear that it was not intended that this VN be taken too seriously, and a healthy level of exaggeration is present in most parts of the story.
To be honest ( I completly forgot about this game since the last update in August, and I've played since the first version dropped) The beginning of this game is kind of a mess. The MC acts differently in the first hour than he does the next.
For example in the bathroom scene within minutes hes fucking a chick in the ass and is acting like its nothing .Then later on in the house when a slight hint of lewdity occurs he acts like a child and ashamed etc acting like a typical Japanese visual novel MC virgin. The game is only like this in the beginning then moves away from that then the MC is just a nomal dumb goofball. Only the really inconsistency in the game that bothered me. Several other games suffer from this issue in the first versions of the game. They take a while to get their footing before really nailing down the personality of some of the characters.

Sorry spoiler tags aren't working for me apologies.

joecoe

Jun 14, 2018

According to Nina's expression, holding a thermometer in her hand, I guess Cole will experience something most of us don't want to see. :-D

• Haha
Reactions: Rock&Rule

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
1588187781921.png

Another month, another monthly update! As hinted in a few previous updates I have been mostly holed up in a company-owned apartment, gently tending hardware at my workplace so it doesn't get too lonely and self-destruct. Still, things might ease up in May and I can probably start working from home at some point, hopefully in a few weeks, depending on how the COVID restrictions are updated. Until then, I'm using my laptop and playing with the new rendering system (Blender EEVEE) that I will be using for renders after 0.4 is out. Some screenshots are available on Discord (and I'll post a bunch here too eventually once I'm happy with the results).
And as I mentioned before, I won't take any Patreon payments until 0.4 is out (I'll temporarily suspend my Patreon at the end of each month until then). This gives me some extra time and takes off some pressure so I can hopefully finish things properly.
The next sections are pretty similar to my previous update post and I'll probably make slow progress until things calm down.
When I had any free time, I mostly spent it polishing the story, adding scripting and other related stuff. I also worked on the new (experimental) interactive 3D system and more traditional pre-rendered videos.
So, what's the roadmap? Before the real 0.4 release, I will publish a beta test release (or two), so I can fix any bugs or other issues related to those features. Once those work and all other possible bugs and typos are fixed, I should be able to make the full release to my patrons and then later to the general public.
Also beginning at some point in the future is the exclusive series (Jane+Helen) for $10 patrons. I plan to use new rendering tech for this, this should be a good time to experiment a bit.
So, TL;DR:
* Global pandemic apocalypse and economic meltdown make things a bit more challenging than usual, let's hope things calm down as fast a possible.
* New tech in 0.4: interactive 3D and pre-rendered movies, at least a few of each. When I get the pipeline (and my skills) working smoothly, next releases should have more.
* Test release planned at some point, the final release in May/June if everything goes well.
* After 0.4 I will try out a bit faster release schedule with partial updates instead of releasing large, complete routes that take ages to finish. We'll see how it goes.
* Steam release at some point after 0.4 is out. Steam has been pretty random with adult games, so who knows what can happen.
Again, thanks for everyone for your support and especially patience! Stay healthy!

eightypercent

Apr 2, 2020
Well that was fun... and funny, and a little weird but hey thats what we like :)
Just when I was asking myself if this VN would be a simply sweat story with Amy, somebody must have slipped me a Alice-in-Wonderland pill and it took a while to reajust to the new speed and direction. Nice ;)

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes