moose_puck

Sep 6, 2021
Forgive me if I missed this, but I tried to read back a few pages but, once again, some train wreck is happening because apparently another dev is making a game that ruins it for one of the people on here (who stole their game on this pirate site incidentally) .... uggg.

So, question about the changelog... I see v0.5 release and yet this thread has been up since August ... Is this a new game or a reboot or there's just no change log history? First time I noticed this one, TBH.

Thanks, you can go back to fighting over a pixel princess that has been defiled by, I dunno, something, and how that ruined the life of a pirate on here....

Antonie van Leeuwenhoek

Mar 30, 2019
All right, from previous few comments and dev's own explanation suggests that she's just a npc & introduced solely for kink purpose (i don't know how that'll work in harem game) and there won't be any future surprises wrt li's, so issue doesn't seem outrage worthy. Trying it out this week.

Reactions: linkinn

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
Forgive me if I missed this, but I tried to read back a few pages but, once again, some train wreck is happening because apparently another dev is making a game that ruins it for one of the people on here (who stole their game on this pirate site incidentally) .... uggg.

So, question about the changelog... I see v0.5 release and yet this thread has been up since August ... Is this a new game or a reboot or there's just no change log history? First time I noticed this one, TBH.

Thanks, you can go back to fighting over a pixel princess that has been defiled by, I dunno, something, and how that ruined the life of a pirate on here....
We can't post changelogs or give any information because we are pixel fighting pirates... sad story. :HideThePain:

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Now that we know Sarah was not meant to be a Li but acted like a Li would the dev kindly tell us how many of the other girls that act like LIs are not really Li's. We have met all these girls and now I am sure I am not the only one wondering which is the real Li. in the rewritten word of Eminem.

May I have your attention, please?
Will the real Love interest please stand up?
I repeat, will the real Love interest please stand up?
We're gonna have a problem here

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
All right, from previous few comments and dev's own explanation suggests that she's just a npc & introduced solely for kink purpose (i don't know how that'll work in harem game) and there won't be any future surprises wrt li's, so issue doesn't seem outrage worthy. Trying it out this week.
While I don't think the scene was well done it's 100% definitely not outrage worthy in the context of the entire game. Definitely try it out, even if I seem a little critical from the discussion I'll happily say this is one of my favourite harem games atm.

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
blah blah entitlement blah shut up blah get out of my law blah
Another one with the entitlement thing, Greta sure is using this word alot. You are acting entitled trying to force other people to not discuss on a forum about something you are not interested, same shit you are "fighting against". Let people talk, discuss or wathever, everyone has the same rights, from the pixel fighting pirates to the anti pixel fighting pirates that are pirates.

baconsmoke

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Curious about the choice in this update with Zella. URM doesn't show any flags so hopefully it's more of a flavor choice rather than locking things into a certain route? Assuming she's even a LI, as the Sarah...situation and the Dev's response has made that harder to determine.
Zella is a possible love interest. You can either keep her as just an employee (friend only route) or take her down a different much darker path (love interest route).

I am Gone

Jun 10, 2020
Sad to see the poor moderation in this forum lately.
Geez, first there are people saying we censor everything, and now people saying we don't do enough. First off I'd like to say we all work for free to provide a service everyone enjoys, we use our free time to handle this site. Second If you actually report posts that break our rules it gets handled pretty quickly.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
We all talk about the things we like in this game. Or do not like. Or share love for.
Just like any other pass the time medium, readers digest the plot and the artwork.
take her down a different much darker path
Whatever lonely cold dark place MC goes to in his mind sometimes,
love can never be dark.
I do get that MC was given a better chance in life by the sweetheart,
yeah, she is the sweetheart of the story regardless of who she is to the dragon
(equal maybe?),
taking any bombshell in this game to have some of the good times gets lovely.

The very nice and intriguing fact of this game is that love and going out and meeting babes,
it alleviates the pain in MC, it keeps him level, it keeps him sane, it staves the beast.

Gaming should never stop only just so we do not abandon our sweetheart,
we do not abandon the MC, we fight the good fight with the terrible demon.

Reactions: linkinn

Havenless_

Oct 12, 2020
And today's lesson is:

If you feel minimally connected to a game, if you empathize minimally with the characters, even if you have feelings or something bothers you minimally... Even if you are a fucking human, you are mentally weak, fragile and delicate.

Really?

I understand that there is always nonsensical and overblown "complaints". And there always will be. But, the simple fact that the way the MMF/sharing was presented didn't appeal to me makes me fragile?
Great! I've discovered that I'm not human. I'm a ceramic vase.

Anyway. Sarah is not a love interest and the MMF is optional. Cool. No point in complaining anymore. She's a side girl. Anyone who likes that sort of thing, there you go. The rest of us, we have other girls. Let's keep enjoying ourselves.

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
Zella is a possible love interest. You can either keep her as just an employee (friend only route) or take her down a different much darker path (love interest route).
I've a couple of questions and comments about this Zella development/choice. If we choose to not hire her as a call girl, is that a choice to... increase her wages because she lost a job elsewhere while she just keeps being a maid? Or is taking her as a call girl the only choice for increasing her wages?

Also, I don't get where this choice is coming from in the MC's headspace, and here's why. He's angsty enough, constantly berating himself about the glamour... why would he even entertain such a dark path for Zella? His conscience is HUGE, I don't see him as a person callous enough to do the call girl thing. Mayyybe this choice can be introduced later on, if there's a "dark path" that the MC has traveled down a bit? I don't know, that's just my two cents.

I really like the game, good concept and execution so far.

baconsmoke

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
I've a couple of questions and comments about this Zella development/choice. If we choose to not hire her as a call girl, is that a choice to... increase her wages because she lost a job elsewhere while she just keeps being a maid? Or is taking her as a call girl the only choice for increasing her wages?

Also, I don't get where this choice is coming from in the MC's headspace, and here's why. He's angsty enough, constantly berating himself about the glamour... why would he even entertain such a dark path for Zella? His conscience is HUGE, I don't see him as a person callous enough to do the call girl thing. Mayyybe this choice can be introduced later on, if there's a "dark path" that the MC has traveled down a bit? I don't know, that's just my two cents.

I really like the game, good concept and execution so far.
Sooooo. I'd love to answer your question, but it gives away some really important things. So I can't. I hope it will make sense when things unfold. Hopefully I can make it interesting enough to get you to hang in there. I'll cheat a little and say that you don't have to be in a love route to find ways to help Zella. She'll still be a friend and helping friends kicks ass. Plus she's a nurse...

Now the love route does go to some emotionally dark places. But the MC is on more than one journey. And one of those journeys is to understand why he feels and acts the way he does. He really hasn't been out of his paralyzing depression for very long. So there will be some ups and downs, growth and occasionally regression instead of progression. But at his core he wants to be a good person. Sometimes going to dark places inside of ourselves can help shed some light on things. And now you know why my damn game is so wordy. Because I CAAAAAN'T stop myself sometimes. Carry on.

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
I think that's a pretty dangerous position to take too. If all she exists for is sharing scenes then you're gonna get a lot of harem fans getting upset at her mere existence. Whether it's optional or not I think you might get back a fair bit of good will out of it if you made a 1 on 1 make up scene with her. I get that she's not a LI but going by her dialogue she hasn't seemed to figure that out yet. Like where I'm at if she got some solo scenes then I'd still happily enjoy those, but if all she exists for is sharing then from my perspective the less we see of her at all the better.

That would be better tbh. A sharing scene with an established LI where we have an absolute veto to completely prevent and then get a 1 on 1 make up scene is a lot better than introducing a character where all we get is a lame BJ scene while another dude's getting the good stuff. Even as a sharing scene that one wasn't very well done in my opinion, the MC was stuck in an entirely submissive position as the third wheel. Not to mention the end of the scene reveals she was basically lying to the MC and that the other guy didn't care at all whether there was a second man, which made the submissive fake cheating entirely unnecessary.
A one on one make-up scene would also be in character, since she tells the other guy she's crazy about the MC and would strongly consider going monogamous.

I have no use for MMF scenes, they're not a part of the fantasy I'd like to be a part of when reading a VN... buuuut I may "tolerate" a brief touch of it if my MC is in the process of pulling the LI away from such trysts.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
a call girl... really? I see the sharing tag has been removed meaning you removed the sharing of Sarah? If not then that tag need to be added back. But now you need to add a prostitution tag as well because your turning a Li into a whore.. Next up stripper and crackheads... I thought this was supposed to be a harem game. but like a post I made earlier says the snowball is rolling.....

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
Sooooo. I'd love to answer your question, but it gives away some really important things. So I can't. I hope it will make sense when things unfold. Hopefully I can make it interesting enough to get you to hang in there. I'll cheat a little and say that you don't have to be in a love route to find ways to help Zella. She'll still be a friend and helping friends kicks ass. Plus she's a nurse...

Now the love route does go to some emotionally dark places. But the MC is on more than one journey. And one of those journeys is to understand why he feels and acts the way he does. He really hasn't been out of his paralyzing depression for very long. So there will be some ups and downs, growth and occasionally regression instead of progression. But at his core he wants to be a good person. Sometimes going to dark places inside of ourselves can help shed some light on things. And now you know why my damn game is so wordy. Because I CAAAAAN'T stop myself sometimes. Carry on.
Yeah, I'm interested, I'm gonna hang in there, I like the game. And if answering the question is spoilery, I get it, not demanding an answer. Also, I don't consider your game too wordy.

This brings up another question I had that you also may not be able to answer. The demon who gave our MC this glamour tells him in his dream that the glamour lets people see how really great he is. Granted, he can't remember a lot of what she tells him, so I understand why he may over-look this. But, it begs the question, there seems to be a several different perspectives on the ethical nature of this glamour and the MC seems to almost always rest on the side of "it's not ethical." I was curious if this demon's perspective was like... I don't know... and early draft of what you envisioned for the glamour and now that's been abandoned or if it something that's going to be brought up to the MC again?

Because if the nature of the glamour really *is* what the demon initially tells him it is... then it's not anywhere near as ethically challenging as he thinks it is, in my humble opinion.

baconsmoke

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
a call girl... really? I see the sharing tag has been removed meaning you removed the sharing of Sarah? If not then that tag need to be added back. But now you need to add a prostitution tag as well because your turning a Li into a whore.. Next up stripper and crackheads... I thought this was supposed to be a harem game. but like a post I made earlier says the snowball is rolling.....
The Sharing MMF (Optional) tag is still there. I haven't removed that. As the game stated she (if the MC chooses) can go down a path of being a personal call girl for the MC. It's not that he's turning her into a traditional prostitute if that's what you were worried about. But you can certainly just elect to make her a friend.

Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
"personal call girl for the MC"
................so not a call girl then?
...unless i got the wrong definition of call girl.....

• Haha
Reactions: Before I Forget

baconsmoke

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
"personal call girl for the MC"
................so not a call girl then?
...unless i got the wrong definition of call girl.....
Not in the traditional sense no. Yes, in that the MC can call her and she will come over and he will pay her for sex. But it's really tied into wanting to financially help her and work through a kink the MC wants to play out. Not that he is turning her into a real call girl.

4.30 star(s) 76 Votes