Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
Not in the traditional sense no. Yes, in that the MC can call her and she will come over and he will pay her for sex. But it's really tied into wanting to financially help her and work through a kink the MC wants to play out. Not that he is turning her into a real call girl.
so more a sugardaddy thing?

baconsmoke

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
so more a sugardaddy thing?
Maybe a little. Now, this is only "the world according to the author" so take it with a grain of salt. In a typical sugardaddy relationship, the girl has a lot of power. She can demand monthly payments, being showered with gifts, pay her rent, etc. in exchange for being the "girlfriend". In the personal call girl scenario the girl has very little power and she is definitely NOT the "girlfriend". Hence why I say this will be kind of a darker emotional rollercoaster. Hopefully not in vain and the MC learns something about himself and Zella in the process.

Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
Maybe a little. Now, this is only "the world according to the author" so take it with a grain of salt. In a typical sugardaddy relationship, the girl has a lot of power. She can demand monthly payments, being showered with gifts, pay her rent, etc. in exchange for being the "girlfriend". In the personal call girl scenario the girl has very little power and she is definitely NOT the "girlfriend". Hence why I say this will be kind of a darker emotional rollercoaster. Hopefully not in vain and the MC learns something about himself and Zella in the process.
k..thanks for explaining.

Reactions: MelonGod

baconsmoke

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Yeah, I'm interested, I'm gonna hang in there, I like the game. And if answering the question is spoilery, I get it, not demanding an answer. Also, I don't consider your game too wordy.

This brings up another question I had that you also may not be able to answer. The demon who gave our MC this glamour tells him in his dream that the glamour lets people see how really great he is. Granted, he can't remember a lot of what she tells him, so I understand why he may over-look this. But, it begs the question, there seems to be a several different perspectives on the ethical nature of this glamour and the MC seems to almost always rest on the side of "it's not ethical." I was curious if this demon's perspective was like... I don't know... and early draft of what you envisioned for the glamour and now that's been abandoned or if it something that's going to be brought up to the MC again?

Because if the nature of the glamour really *is* what the demon initially tells him it is... then it's not anywhere near as ethically challenging as he thinks it is, in my humble opinion.
You've asked a really good question. And it's an important one. What effect does the glamour actually have? Why did Celeste put it on the MC and what does she know that the MC doesn't? Is the MC responsible for what Celeste did to him? If Celeste loves him and her motives are pure, are her actions colored by her being a daughter of hell? Should he feel guilty or not? The MC simply doesn't understand this yet and so he has to process it with his limited knowledge and perspective. I want you the player to feel the same things the MC does. Sometimes he really likes what it does for him and then he thinks about it and he is definitely not okay with it. The only thing that will answer all this is more knowledge. And he doesn't have that yet. So, unfortunately neither do you as the player. Not that I could ever really convey what something like this would really be like, but I wanted to present a game where these kinds of conundrums are dug deeper into rather than just a game of wish fulfillment. Sorry. I know I'm not answering any of your questions directly.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
The Sharing MMF (Optional) tag is still there. I haven't removed that. As the game stated she (if the MC chooses) can go down a path of being a personal call girl for the MC. It's not that he's turning her into a traditional prostitute if that's what you were worried about. But you can certainly just elect to make her a friend.
Also note what you say may be in the genre spoiler but its not tagged as such on the top of the thread I see no sharing tag 1640065493583.png

Reactions: Cotytto

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Yes, but it seemed like you were concerned that she was going to become a public (for lack of a better term) prostitute. Which is not what is happening in this game.
you can turn the can upside down, shake it all about, slap it on the bottom or what ever you want to do to it hoping you can get whats inside. but taking a payment for sex even from one person is still prostitution no matter how who or when it happens.

baconsmoke

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
you can turn the can upside down, shake it all about, slap it on the bottom or what ever you want to do to it hoping you can get whats inside. but taking a payment for sex even from one person is still prostitution no matter how who or when it happens.
You seemed to have a strong concern about what was happening to Zella and I wanted to help alleviate what I thought was upsetting you. Apparently I was incorrect about what your concern was. All I can say at this point is my game may not be compatible with what you are looking for in a visual novel. I'm proud of the two years and thousands of hours I've put into this game. I intend to keep going the direction I'm going in. If you want to come along. I'd love to have you. If what I'm doing isn't your thing that's cool too, but I'm definitely not changing course.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
sharing/swinging seem to be lumped under the swinging tag. thats the one missing from the top of the page. I am not saying i am against your game im saying it need to be tagged correctly. Im not judging you on how much time or hard work you put into make it trust me I am also a dev for 2 different game and als spent years making mods for other game genres so i know the amount of work that goes into these. It the tags that your leaving out when people search for games. not everyone reads the spoilers. if they did they would not come in asking dumb questions like they do in my own thread an dthey are doing here cause they have content that surprises them.
1640066365490.png

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
errr thats still considered prostitution. same for sugar babies all considered prostitution by definition.
View attachment 1555399
View attachment 1555402
And that's the sound of stay at home moms sweating. Lol it is totally prostitution but it's also definitely playing really loose with what typical prostitution is. It's monogamous prostitution and doesn't really have the same social character. It's not as intensively exploitive, the girl retains full agency, she isn't sleeping around, it doesn't come with the same dangers. Tbh I get the feeling that it's A, the MC trying to play out a dirty old man fetish and B, him trying to escape the effects of his glamour, even if he's just using his money. If she's sleeping with him ultimately because he's paying her then there's at least 1 girl who isn't sleeping with him because of his glamour. It's probably a useful part of the MC's character growth and coming to terms with the consequences of his glamour.
Personally I find the option absolutely hilarious. I dead ass laughed out loud at the in game choice of, make this girl a call girl, or just friends. The lack of an inbetween pretty much killed me there.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
The glamor was there in the 1st place to even the odds of MC with all the other godly
assholes coming for his head. Remember what the dragon does?
That demon just takes a girl and does to her whatever he wants.
MC just gets a good feels vibe put into the belly of the girls he meets.
They marrinate by themselves and then decide: I am going after this dude.
MC is not forcefully anything.
MC has a very slow start.
MC is not molly molesting his babes like the other assholes in the game do:
The other males in this game are shown to literally make the panties drop off the girls.
MC is hurt, he be very slow into actually wanting and finding distraction from his suicidal thoughts in the actions he gets by way of girls wanting to spend time with him.

That is all the glam does. Girls spend time with him.
MC is constantly berrrated by his nemesis,
to the point that dragon begins manifesting and fkking his babes. The threat is real.

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
Because if the nature of the glamour really *is* what the demon initially tells him it is... then it's not anywhere near as ethically challenging as he thinks it is, in my humble opinion.
MC also has depression and self esteem issues, which is why he's always going back and forth on it.

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
MC also has depression and self esteem issues, which is why he's always going back and forth on it.
Well yeah, plus he hasn't really heard it (where he can remember it) that from the demon's perspective, the glamour just shows his inner beauty to people... this would be totally different than a spell that makes people love him.

moose_puck

Sep 6, 2021
Geez, first there are people saying we censor everything, and now people saying we don't do enough. First off I'd like to say we all work for free to provide a service everyone enjoys, we use our free time to handle this site. Second If you actually report posts that break our rules it gets handled pretty quickly.
It's not a criticism for you - guys that actually do the work for free. It's directed at the owners. This site may be free to us but it generates income for the shareholders (Possibly a lot.. it's ranked like 3700 in the US for traffic) And I do report threads that are violating the rules. Espeically anything with threats or violence or hate. I just don't hit report everytime someone says something stupid. You moderators don't need that headache.

And even if the shareholders of this site made no money, it's still their responsibility to keep a clean house, so to speak. I'm not talking censorship. And speaking of censorship - this is one of the very few forums I have seen where posts get deleted but not archived in any way that the participants can see, and that have no breadcrumbs left in the thread. The same goes for edits. They do edits here with no comment made in the OP to show that an edit was done. As a forum owner and operator for over 22 years, that really gets my back up. But it's a private forum, so I have to live with it.

I don't want posts to go away (like mine did today after the same group of people reported it again) They should be punted to an off-topic area instead. And the repeat offenders get muzzled if they continue to troll game threads that they target as a group. Tell me I am wrong? There's 4 million fucking members on here and yet I see the same dozen or so, in almost each and every thread that has any chance of a certain tag needing to be applied. They badger and passive-aggressively attack devs and other members alike - anyone who has a different opinion then theirs.

And guess what... I have now had to reply to someone here, which is technically off-topic as well, so I am sure I'll see this post go *poof* soon as well. In any event, i really couldn't care less what these guys think. But I do respect what you uploaders and moderators do. Like I said, I've run several forums and I know it's a lot of work. It wasn't a personal attack.

JJDrakken

Oct 28, 2021
Wow, I didn't know what to expect from this. But I've enjoyed it. Keep up the work, this one those stories, I'll probably to give it a year or 2(sadly) So I can consume a large amount at once. But honestly I rank this up in my top 10 of stories I've enjoyed in this site.

4.30 star(s) 76 Votes