Raboobie

Oct 6, 2020
Ya pretty much. I think part of the reason that kinks aren't avoidable is because the MC is his own person and really not a good self insert. These are probably things that on some level he wants to try in a safe environment with someone who knows they're safe with him.

For what it's worth though it usually ends up being kink scene, then immediate sex scene. They do mix a bit every now and then but the way it's paced at least helps me disassociate the parts I don't like.
Again thanks, I think I'll take a wait and see and keep an eye on thread to see how it turns out. I detest games that force kinks I don't like and even more so those that hide behind the fake it's optional with optional meaning do it or don't play that route.

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
Hold up are you saying what I think you're saying? In this update you have to dollify or bimbofy a LI and if we don't the ramification is rather negative and severe for her?
Dollification makes bimbofication look like a middle school sleepover. There is way more pathology involved. And yes, it's another nuance in the game that these are presented in such a way that a) you accept that the woman wants it this way; b) you deny her and leave her broken in some way (more than she's already broken).

To allude to what our friend has stated, does this game deserve the negativity? I don't think one can write such a story and expect high-fives and attaboys from everyone. I applaud the author for attempting to create something beyond the sea of mediocrity we're awash in on this site. But at the same time, even though the premise is couched in such a way that we're supposed to accept the reason for the harem is for a good cause, the pathology is still there and still relevant.

But, the only way to know for sure is to play it for a bit. It may surprise you in one way or another. As for me, I am playing it to analyze it. I know, sounds weird, but I like to see how some people tick. And this is one weird tick.....

Nov 23, 2017
**Some spoilers there for those who are not up to date with the VN**

Anybody else was bothered by the scene with Juliette humiliating and hurting Breanna? I was really enjoying this VN until then and now I only feel contempt for the MC for letting it happen and it's difficult to go on. I don't know if it's him abandoning his "rescuer" persona or his sadistic tendencies becoming strong enough to overcome his personality, but that didn't feel right at all. For the first time in this VN, he didn't help (or try to) a girl in distress, even though she's his main waifu(you have to tell her she is the main girl if you want to see that scene) and the one who sacrifices the most for him. Instead, he got turned on while she was looking at him with hurt and sadness in her eyes...
This one bothered me, but Breanna overcame it herself and didn't need to be saved, but what really still bothers me is..

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

baconsmoke

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Whoo boy. I'm going to stay way out of the bulk of these conversations. A lot of interesting and thoughtful discourse. I am only going to touch on one topic. Dollification. There seems to be some thoughts on what this entails. Here is the reality:

Raboobie

Oct 6, 2020
Whoo boy. I'm going to stay way out of the bulk of these conversations. A lot of interesting and thoughtful discourse. I am only going to touch on one topic. Dollification. There seems to be some thoughts on what this entails. Here is the reality:

Thanks for addressing that as it was something I'd touched on glad it's not bimbofication and modyfing her body as I feared.

I have one question for you, something that makes zero sense to me as an outsider having read a lot of the comments and your replies here.

You say you either interact with her as a lover on her terms or just become friends, and that is a common theme with all the LI's, yet that is completely and directly in opposition to the glamour affecting them. It's supposedly making them all crazy about the mc and irresistibly drawn to him I cannot see how any of them would then except him to act on their terms or else. If anything they should be willing to do stuff they'd normally be against, just to keep him interested and attracted to them.

If they are mind controlled or enchanted for the lack better terms to do stuff and as one player put it, give up their autonomy to be with him, that all or nothing is completely wrong. The idea of the glamour and then their way or the highway are diametrically opposed to each other, it should be his way or the highway. He holds all the power.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
so fli4.jpg
The butterfly effect of this game is inticing and all engulfing:
so fli3.jpg
The stars are so bright and far they make the sand of time.
so fli1.jpg

Lift up and above all sorrow into freedom of relaxation bliss.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
You ask a good question about the glamour. It is a complicated topic, but I will answer as briefly and concisely as I can (read that as not brief at all, because I'm a wordy son of a bitch):

baconsmoke thank you for replying to all these questions people ask in such detail.

I have to say though that your explanation of 2 and 4 seem to re-enforce the point that the LI's shouldn't be forcing their kinks on the MC in an all or nothing manner. Everything written about points 2 and 4 point to them being willing to do whatever it takes to be with the MC and not the other way around which is how it comes across with him caving to their kinks.

Especially if you used your celebrity crush example. If I met the celeb crush I had the biggest jones for, I certainly wouldn't force my kink on her and make so it's my way or nothing. But on the flip side, my free will and wants and desires kick in and she insisted the only way I could be with her was if I let her dominate me, well I guess I'd never get to be with my crush.

I'm still extremely early into the game and had to take a break for various reasons so not all of it makes sense yet, but nothing there points to the MC needing to be the one to bend to their needs. I'm not saying theirs are irrelevant but both sides need to come to an agreement on what is acceptable and a few people mentioned he did things he didn't want to do because it was their kink. Again it just seems contrary to everything that is should be.

I'll try to stop dragging you back here.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Everything in this game comes from a place of love.
Deep seeded, blossoming love.

so pre1.jpg

Why is it that such a wonderful girl would ever take any interest in me?

so pre6.jpg

Oh, gosh, I am speechless. You make my existence make sense.

so pre5.jpg

This is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me lately.

so pre4.jpg

Such a wonderful life altering endorsement I gotta heed and go try.

so pre3.jpg

You are bright as sunshine and hot as the mid day sun.

so pre2.jpg

You humble me to my core. Thank you for being here for me.

• Haha
Reactions: jhustrue

Bakkis15

Donor
Jan 27, 2018
Need some help. I played the game yesterday, saved it as usual . Today when I started the game I was told I didn't have permission to run the game. The .exe file changed into a .py file, and I couldn't rename it because I didn't have permission. I tried some other games on the same drive and they work fine. I tried downloading the game again and now it won't install. Tried different downloads, same result. Uninstalled the game and deleted the savefiles, no change. Tried downloading other games and they all installed fine. So this is only related to this game. Anyone can help with this?

baconsmoke

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Need some help. I played the game yesterday, saved it as usual . Today when I started the game I was told I didn't have permission to run the game. The .exe file changed into a .py file, and I couldn't rename it because I didn't have permission. I tried some other games on the same drive and they work fine. I tried downloading the game again and now it won't install. Tried different downloads, same result. Uninstalled the game and deleted the savefiles, no change. Tried downloading other games and they all installed fine. So this is only related to this game. Anyone can help with this?
I'll be honest, I've never seen someone have that issue before. Can you tell me what OS you are using (Windows, Android, etc.)? I'm not sure I'll have the answer, but I can reach out to people on the Ren'py discord and see if they have any ideas. Also, the troubleshooting section of F95 can be very helpful as well. (https://f95zone.to/forums/general-troubleshooting.16/)

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
I'll be honest, I've never seen someone have that issue before. Can you tell me what OS you are using (Windows, Android, etc.)? I'm not sure I'll have the answer, but I can reach out to people on the Ren'py discord and see if they have any ideas. Also, the troubleshooting section of F95 can be very helpful as well. (https://f95zone.to/forums/general-troubleshooting.16/)
I don't think the .exe changed into a .py, the .py is a normal part of a renpy game. My best guess is that your AV software falsely detects the .exe file as malicious and deletes or quarantines it every time you unpack the game.

Bakkis15

Donor
Jan 27, 2018
I don't think the .exe changed into a .py, the .py is a normal part of a renpy game. My best guess is that your AV software falsely detects the .exe file as malicious and deletes or quarantines it every time you unpack the game.
Well, it was an .exe file until I clicked on it. The strange ting is that I have played the game before, saved and quit the game, loaded the save and played on. Until today when this happened.

4.30 star(s) 76 Votes