Mmushy

May 5, 2020
Just discovered the game and played thru to the end. There are so many girls that I forget who is who.
That being said, I'm enjoying it. The end of the mayor was rather anticlimactic or will we being seeing more of him........

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Great game, very deep. Sad to see so few fans.
There is no word of mouth about it.

I found this by accident, i'd never seen any of the fans mention it anywhere nor the dev trying to shill his work.

Games don't grow a fanbase without help and this just kinda exists on here

Reactions: ramvivat

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
Great game, very deep. Sad to see so few fans.
yes greate game but not for all
because
// Your family passed away in a horrible accident. Your entire world became a spiral of depression. Years of constant loneliness and guilt were all you knew. //
this phrase mentioning depression can scare away a simple lover of mindlessly clicking the mouse - those who do not like to think and work on themselves - I think they immediately pass by. probably the author should not have been so honest in describing his project hehe ...

I personally took up this VN, too, not immediately, but only a little later, when all the known VNs passed, there was nothing to do, I started it out of boredom ... and at first I freaked out from the constant MC falling into a severe depression bordering on suicide. but then - nothing, got used to it.

"if you drown and stick to the bottom, you lie there for three years, and then you get used to it" (c) (if anything, this is a literal translation from a Russian children's drill pioneer song called "nonsense")

that's why the audience of this VN is so small - the size of the audience can be indirectly judged by the length of the gaming thread. only 60 sheets (at the moment) after 15 updates - this is definitely the stigma of the game "a game for a connoisseur, not for the general public"

probably it was not positioned as a commercially successful project. this is probably a project for a kind of conversation with the reader about what you think. You won't make a lot of money thinking.
The history of gaming knows many ingenious and popular games that were commercial failures.

Last edited:

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
There is no word of mouth about it.

I found this by accident, i'd never seen any of the fans mention it anywhere nor the dev trying to shill his work.

Games don't grow a fanbase without help and this just kinda exists on here
This game, while excellent is very hard to propose to anyone. Most players are not into this level of complexity to get a few lewd scenes. Those that like story driven games, may balk at some of this specificities. It's rare that I find people interested in going through a rabbit hole like this one.

The theme means something special for me, I am chronically depressed. I know that inner voice, sometimes I think it is my only voice. Initially I was a bit afraid of playing this, later I found it cathartic. Yes, the MC is always thrown down, the beauty of this game is that he has always found a way to fight back and get up.

But, how do you promote this to people that have never faced themselves while down a pit of despair? So they can enjoy winning some of those fights, even if not in reality but on a fantasy game that rewards you with sexual scenes? The hits of endorphins and dopamine are well done, we can feel them being activated.

Most people don't even know what depression is, don't care or go into the category of blissfully unaware. Asking them to play a complex game with this theme, will not work.

If they can play it out of curiosity and they stay, it's a double reward. One, they enjoy a good game, two, they feel good for finding it on their own.

Peace :)

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
You tell them it has a goth girl that sings.

And a girl that calls him Caterpillar because she's weird and adorable.
Those are two absolutely adorable parts of this VN. I don't think I could ever stop playing this game even if I wanted to at this point. Amethyst has done an excellent job of creating great characters, even if a player may not like (or even hate :cry:) some of them. (I am not one of those; I personally have liked all characters, even villains . . . minus the hyper-cocky mayor.)

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Those are two absolutely adorable parts of this VN. I don't think I could ever stop playing this game even if I wanted to at this point. Amethyst has done an excellent job of creating great characters, even if a player may not like (or even hate :cry:) some of them. (I am not one of those; I personally have liked all characters, even villains . . . minus the hyper-cocky mayor.)
There's only one thing in this game that completely destroys me, The Lost. Damn, it is hard to keep playing after one of them, I guess you all know which one. As a plot point, it's above awesome, but it is really hard.

• Sad
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
There's only one thing in this game that completely destroys me, The Lost. Damn, it is hard to keep playing after one of them, I guess you all know which one. As a plot point, it's above awesome, but it is really hard.

Yeah, that whole thing was incredibly sad, from the fact that it happened at all to the scene itself. I'm really hoping for some kind of return or something, but I guess we'll have to wait to see.

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
There's only one thing in this game that completely destroys me, The Lost.
the rocket flies by pushing itself away from itself, burning part of itself and starting from what burned down.
that's how the world works.
it does not lose only that which itself does not move, but moves at the expense of something else that moves. (it’s a pity the translation from Russian into English has lost the essence of the word. But the word “moves” "движется" - in the original in Russian consists of two words “moves” "движет"- “sya” "ся", moreover, “sya” means “himself”)

without loss there is no victory.
every victory tastes like tears.
life is impossible without death.

• Wow
Reactions: FatGiant

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
do not Cry. this girl will be fine. She won't be scared or alone. Aunt Estri is sociable, she will give the girl tea and tell various interesting stories.
Um, unless I'm forgetting something, I don't this is really accurate. Estri specifically earlier even said that she didn't care about the souls themselves, but that she only saved them because her mistress told her to. She's doing it to follow what Celeste has asked her to do, not out of any kind of sociability or kindness. She won't do anything bad to them, either, but it doesn't amount to empathy or companionship or anything of the sort. She collects them because she's supposed to.

I'm not saying she's completely without any feeling whatsoever, but if she doesn't even think about them once they're collected, it's pretty unlikely she'd chat with them and offer them tea.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Evan Treborn

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
because her mistress told her to
Not certainly in that way. remember the rule "my vassal's vassal is not my vassal!" Celeste told Estri to help the MC obey him. as well as ordered Ubel to serve the MC, which he demonstrated in the battle with the Mayor. The MC gave Estri the task of collecting lost souls. Estri herself - I did not notice that she was of a disgusting character. She's more of a true neutral. she's not bad, and therefore could potentially entertain the poor lost girl if Estri has nothing to do at this time. I don’t know, maybe I saw something, something that was not really there. Don't know. but I thought so. especially since this game is about a world where paradise is not paradise de-facto and hell is not hell de-facto where demons are sometimes more humane than angels... a strange twisted world.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Not certainly in that way. remember the rule "my vassal's vassal is not my vassal!" Celeste told Estri to help the MC obey him. as well as ordered Ubel to serve the MC, which he demonstrated in the battle with the Mayor. The MC gave Estri the task of collecting lost souls. Estri herself - I did not notice that she was of a disgusting character. She's more of a true neutral. she's not bad, and therefore could potentially entertain the poor lost girl if Estri has nothing to do at this time. I don’t know, maybe I saw something, something that was not really there. Don't know. but I thought so. especially since this game is about a world where paradise is not paradise de-facto and hell is not hell de-facto where demons are sometimes more humane than angels... a strange twisted world.
I just feel like she doesn't even think about them. She stores them away temporarily, but then she just leaves them alone. I don't think she's "disgusting" or anything, and I don't even think her being "true neutral" has to do with it. I think her mind just doesn't reflect on them at all after they're stored in the feathers. I view it as similar to eating an average sandwich: an hour or two later, you don't really think about it anymore. So having her do something nice for them doesn't seem likely, because she doesn't even think about them anymore. There's no reason for her to do something special for any of them and certainly not to do anything negative to them, either — they're never in her thoughts.

• Red Heart
Reactions: FatGiant

Scarecrow13

Jul 16, 2017
I think part of MC's influence is that she's actually starting to think of them. There was an interesting bit where MC say he doesn't realize she got bored and said he'd be more attentive. I think she's changing a bit. First she was doing it to please Celeste and then because MC felt it was important, but with one of them (the latest?), she showed actual effort to deepen the soon-to-be-feather's experience, and ease their slumber. Daresay, comfort them?

Reactions: ramvivat
4.30 star(s) 76 Votes