zerdeca

Jun 15, 2017
Apparently Caribdis shared some information about their new game on Patreon, anyone wanna post some info about it here?
The next game is called Eternum, renders are made using Honey Select 2 (OIAL uses the first Honey Select), the game has a futuristic/sci-fi setting, Caribdis will start working on it after the next update for OIAL (0.10) but there will still be some epilogue updates to follow as well as bug fixes and improvements.

Copied from his patreon:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anthony2

Jan 7, 2019
The next game is called Eternum, renders are made using Honey Select 2 (OIAL uses the first Honey Select), the game has a futuristic/sci-fi setting, Caribdis will start working on it after the next update for OIAL (0.10) but there will still be some epilogue updates to follow as well as bug fixes and improvements.

Copied from his patreon:
yeah i wonder if this best friend is ur sister or a normal friend tho cause u know incest is wincest

foofoo3344

Dec 5, 2017
You better lose yourself in the music, the moment
You own it, you better never let it go
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime
- Excerpt from the song Lose Yourself by Eminem

zerdeca

Jun 15, 2017
I hope to see lauren in this game too as a sister :)
What would that mean for the ending of Once in a Lifetime though? Does Lauren leave the main character to be with the one in Eternum? Or is this Lauren just one in a multiverse filled with Laurens?

Also I don't know how easy it'd be to remake Lauren in the new software. I've never seen something made in Honey Select 2 so she might look similar but I imagine there's been a lot of graphical improvements between HS1 and HS2 which might make her look drastically different

Reactions: Caribdis

fmagnet

Feb 13, 2020
What would that mean for the ending of Once in a Lifetime though? Does Lauren leave the main character to be with the one in Eternum? Or is this Lauren just one in a multiverse filled with Laurens?

Also I don't know how easy it'd be to remake Lauren in the new software. I've never seen something made in Honey Select 2 so she might look similar but I imagine there's been a lot of graphical improvements between HS1 and HS2 which might make her look drastically different
hmmmm you really got a point :WeSmart:

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
The next game is called Eternum, renders are made using Honey Select 2
Copied from his patreon:
Sounds like Caribdis was inspired by the movie "Ready Player One." :p
ReadyPlayerOne.jpg
While I'm an MMO vet of 1000s of hrs, I was not particularly fond of that movie. It really takes a gamer to write a story about a game and Spielberg, I believe, wasn't really one. However, judging by stuff like the cosplay party in OiaL, I think Caribdis cleary is and there's a tonne of situational slapstick from DPSs LFG :HideThePain: to struggling with loot encumbrance that a gamer would recognize, so I'd say the setting provides for all sorts of hi-jinks, jokes, shenanigans and dark turns that should suit Carib's style to a T.

Waitaminit, did I just say that Caribdis would do a better job than Spielberg?? :eek::ROFLMAO:

I won't put too much expectation on the DEV's second game to avoid disappointment because there are popular DEV whos first game is a masterpiece like Man of the House but the second game is .... MEH
I hear you but MotH was a straight up ladder grind (Watch laptop together 5 times to get a HJ, get 5 HJs to get a BJ, 5 BJs to get Vag etc.) Can't really evaluate someone's story crafting skills when he's just applying a formula.

IMO Carib has shown that he's:
- Versatile: Can do Horror, comedy, mystery and of course lewd scenes
- Attention to detail: e.g. Sfx like footsteps and knocking = common place, Sfx like the Shishi-Odoshi at the temple or the radio tuner in the van = extra mile (IMO)
- Skilled editing: e.g. Jump cut comedy (ala FitJack vs Coca Cola) is very hard to pull off in a VN format. There's only 2 other devs that I've seen that can pull it off.
- Knows the tropes and uses them well. e.g. The trope of feet-to-butt-to-boobs-to-head panning shot when a LI is introduced in adult games? I found it hilarious when Carib used that in parody; going from snakeskin shoes-to-70s suit-to the shades...on the the face of Stabby Mike :KEK: during the Yakuza meeting clan entrance.
- Can control story pacing: After the story foundation and world building, we've been knocking down about 1 Son per chapter, no unneeded fluff and padding.

So I'm going to remain optimistic and am very much looking forward to both OiaL 1.0 & Eternum 0.1 :D

Lovelybryann

Mar 24, 2021
Hello. Is it possible that you win the "kick in the nuts" gameshow and go to japan. I have tried many times to win it with different answers and I just can't win the show. So yeahh... is it possible to win, or am I just pressing the wrong answers? Would love to get the answer.

MOAR Cowbell

Apr 20, 2018
Hello. Is it possible that you win the "kick in the nuts" gameshow and go to japan. I have tried many times to win it with different answers and I just can't win the show. So yeahh... is it possible to win, or am I just pressing the wrong answers? Would love to get the answer.
Use the walkthrough on page 1.

jimstorm

Donor
Mar 14, 2018
Caribdis

Hi, I'm wondering if your handle is a reference to "Karybdus" the necromancer from the Diablo novels?

Just curious because I love the series and always thought that was such a dope name.

espinetus

Jun 9, 2017
Caribdis

Hi, I'm wondering if your handle is a reference to "Karybdus" the necromancer from the Diablo novels?

Just curious because I love the series and always thought that was such a dope name.
Probably this "Karybdus", and for sure the author's handle, are references to a monster from the Odyssey. Caribdis is the Spanish spelling so maybe the author is a Spanish speaker fond of Greek mythology.

Reactions: jimstorm
4.80 star(s) 925 Votes