Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
She is.
I think the same.

Anyway. I changed my vote from Lydia to Shelly now. Lydia will be my queen forever but can't see this Shelly situation. It breaks my heart.;)
I think Lydia has enough to carry her to the win anyway, at this point. :)

Reactions: Tremonia

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
I don't get this either. I've made her character extremely likable. The model is very cute IMO, and she's also showing growth. Maybe it's because she was introduced so late?
I quite like Shelly. ANd she's British which gives bonus points. :p But to me she still feels more like Mary's friend than MC's lover.
Then again, Mary's been there from the beginning and she doesn't get a lot of votes either. So, all I'm left to do on those two is scratch my head. Maybe people see Mary as more of a friend, which I could understand. Her character is certainly vital to the story I'm telling though. Don't think anyone can deny that.
Mary is awesome! Maybe they dislike her for "betraying" MC in the prank wars. :D

Reactions: Tremonia

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Looks like we got a little love over on the dashboard at Lewd Pixels! It's a pretty cool site by the way in case anyone hasn't checked them out yet.

lewd pixels.png

Last edited:

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I quite like Shelly. ANd she's British which gives bonus points. :p But to me she still feels more like Mary's friend than MC's lover.

Mary is awesome! Maybe they dislike her for "betraying" MC in the prank wars. :D
It's a war. Everything is allowed. But she had to smell the taste of betray after that.:LOL:
Now poor Sam is the only one left to make her penance!

Wonder how that will turn out, bet you'd like to know! I don't wanna over-hype it, but I'm laughing right now just writing this. I absolutely love the idea I have so much. I'm honestly not sure it can fail, granted anything can, but if this doesn't go over, I'll be very surprised!

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
You both make valid points, and I can't say with any honesty at all, I haven't written Lydia to be the clear favorite in the game. Not to say I don't like all the characters equally. But, I always wanted there to be something special with her.

I'm happy to see a lot more diversity in the poll this time around. Sam was always going to be a character who had a lot of potential for growth.

I also think we're seeing Audrey struggle more now then she did earlier in the game, because life can't stay good or bad for anyone, for too long. So, now is her time to be vulnerable. Yes, she's also lost her V card, but that was always going to happen. I get the unattainable innocent thing. It's definitely something I'm into as well. Which is part of the reason for her character.

Side note, I think people will like Sam and Barb even more after this next update. But, I of course won't be spoiling that, and it's nothing at all sexual anyway.
Audrey was never really unattainable though; it was quite clear from her first appearance that she'd be pouncing him without delay as soon as he got clean.

Reactions: bacienvu88

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Audrey was never really unattainable though; it was quite clear from her first appearance that she'd be pouncing him without delay as soon as he got clean.
I'm not going to quote Walter Victor but I believe he meant because of how she was in her past, in high school. At least that's where I came from with it writing wise. There was always something there with them, but she was too shy back then to act upon it and MC didn't want to risk pulling her into his world.

But, if you're just considering it from the beginning of the game, sure.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I'm sorry ya'll, but I gotta say something. I went over into Drifty's thread to check out what was being said, because he's helped me out with some Daz stuff in the beginning and we talk every now and then.

Here's what I saw, paraphrasing:

"Is there incest planned dev?" (Fetish begging immediately)

"Please don't make us cry this time." (Got forbid the man wrote something that moved people to tears in his last game)

"I didn't know this was gonna be free roam, if it's too much I'm not playing it." (I don't like sandbox games either, but I'd give a dev like him at least a chance)

"No stuff about suicide this time!" (Again, he used an experience from his life that touched him in his last game)

Then, mixed in with that where some nice comments, like the majority of you give.

He's big enough he doesn't have to be on here anymore, some would say that's a good thing, some would say it's not.
I'd prefer to be in the later category, because I have fun with a lot of you on here.

However, (the point is coming I promise) you really do have to wade through shit sometimes to get to the good people on this site.

It honestly makes me loathe when I start my next game, because I know I'm gonna be getting the same stuff his thread is getting all over again, until it finally settles down after 5-10 updates! :)

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
I'm sorry ya'll, but I gotta say something. I went over into Drifty's thread to check out what was being said, because he's helped me out with some Daz stuff in the beginning and we talk every now and then.

"Please don't make us cry this time." (Got forbid the man wrote something that moved people to tears in his last game)

"I didn't know this was gonna be free roam, if it's too much I'm not playing it." (I don't like sandbox games either, but I'd give a dev like him at least a chance)

"No stuff about suicide this time!" (Again, he used an experience from his life that touched him in his last game)

Then, mixed in with that where some nice comments, like the majority of you give.

He's big enough he doesn't have to be on here anymore, some would say that's a good thing, some would say it's not.
I'd prefer to be in the later category, because I have fun with a lot of you on here.

However, (the point is coming I promise) you really do have to wade through shit sometimes to get to the good people on this site.

It honestly makes me loathe when I start my next game, because I know I'm gonna be getting the same stuff his thread is getting all over again, until it finally settles down after 5-10 updates! :)
I get the story and in spite of being heavy and sad at times, he got to put in hope and a happy ending. So it not all as bad as the trolls gripe about.

The only thing that ever struck me as odd, was essentially Cece is a stand in for his daughter and all us horny assholes want to fuck her. I always thought that had to be a bit weird on top of the emotion of sadness for his own experience.

But I definitely played, enjoyed, and recommended the VN to other's.

But never underestimate F95 trolls ability to be shitty in any and all situation. Which is why I am vigorous in my use of "ignore list"

Kassan06969

Apr 14, 2022
I STRONGLY dislike free roams myself. Especially if they are ridiculously difficult like in BaDik. I prefer no sandbox at all. I avoid any with sandbox as a tag like the plague.

Easylovin84

Jul 2, 2022
I STRONGLY dislike free roams myself. Especially if they are ridiculously difficult like in BaDik. I prefer no sandbox at all. I avoid any with sandbox as a tag like the plague.
Same but I didn't see the need to bitch about it in Drifty's new game thread, I just won't play the game. You weren't bitching in there either which I respect.

Last edited:

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Same but I didn't see the need to bitch about it in Drifty's new game thread, I just won't play the game. You weren't bitching in there either which I respect.
I'm with both of you, and that's what I mean. I just don't play them.

Now, I'll give his game a shot because it's Drifty, and TD who writes and codes Pale Carnations puts them in once per update usually, but it's not the whole time. If the quality of the writing is good enough and it's only a little bit of sandbox I'll do it. If not I'm out. Mini games you can't skip drive me nuts as well, if I wanna grind I'll go play a AAA game.

Just so you ALL know. You'll never get any sandbox stuff from me. The most you might get is like I did at the party Barb threw for MC, Lydia, and Mary. Where you have a list of choices and you can go talk to who you want first.

But even then, if I want it to flow a certain way I wouldn't do it like that, because X conversation might affect Y conversation, and I don't wanna put variables in for what you've seen already that may be talked about in Y conversation back in X conversation. Does it make it possibly more immersive for the player? Maybe, but is it worth the story not flowing how I want it to. Hell no. I believe I've only done that the one time, because all events were mutually exclusive.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017

It's the internet. Halfwits who spend all day in their underwear on their computers get to use it too.

Reactions: Zoey Raven

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Fetish beggars are the worst cancer in this forum. They and the (anti-)NTR-brigade. Can't describe how much I hate the "incest tag planned" and "is there NTR" postings. It annoys me so much. I can't stand those guys. Even the "when update" guys don't annoy me this much.
Leap Of Faith is such a good game precisely because it made us all cry. If it happens in a similarly well-crafted way this time, I'm totally up for it. That's why I don't understand the people who are so afraid of it. It's probably by far the best story ever told in an AVN. Leap of Faith has set absolute standards. I can understand that people don't want stories like Acting Lessons. What DrPinkCake pulled off was really, really bad shit. But Leap Of Faith? Bitch Please. These guys just need to stop whining. It was fantastic.
I can't stand free roams. If they are there in between as a little loosening up, I'm okay with that. That doesn't bother me in the least. It can even be quite pleasant at times. But a game that consists entirely of "free roam" is really annoying. Then I can play "Monkey Island" right away.

Nevertheless, I give every game a chance. I haven't played Drifty's new game yet and will probably do so this weekend. So I can't say anything about the free roams in the game yet. But we're talking about Drifty here. He has every credit in the world from me because of LoF and I'll take my time to look at it all. If I don't like it, then I'm out of luck. That's why I would never cry like that, as unfortunately far too many players do, if they don't like something. You know, then people should just do it themselves. Then they can show the world how it can be done better.
Just so you ALL know. You'll never get any sandbox stuff from me.
Even if. It's your game, it's your story, it's your work. You are the author and you have every right to shape your work the way you want it. The way I see it, the best and most successful creative works in history have always been those where the artist didn't care about others but wanted to please himself.

It's the internet. Halfwits who spend all day in their underwear on their computers get to use it too.
Can I get an Amen.jpg Yes you can.jpg Dont forget the Awomen.jpg

NubianPharoah

Mar 9, 2023
I don't really want to spoil this and am not exactly sure how I'm going to handle it going forward. But, I'm not going to railroad you if you go down the corruption path. It's more about her attitude at this point and openness to sexual things. There will probably be a point where she asks you if that's all she means to you etc.., but if you go corruption you will miss out on some tender moments before this happens. As far as Barb Sub/Dom stuff, it will be a while before that comes into play and will likely be optional, I've started splitting her choices out into 3, one sub/relationship point choice (meaning you will get a sub and relationship point) , one dom/relationship point choice (meaning you will get a dom and relationship point) and one choice that gains you nothing. So, when the time comes for that content it will be based on if you were Sub or Dom with her, if you choose to participate in the fetish stuff. Hope that helps clear some of that up. Without being too spoilery.
Might be stupid for asking but there's always a difference in each game so I gotta ask with the Sub and Dom points do they apply to the MC or to Barb in regard to who is the Dom and Sub in their relationship?

Last edited:

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Might be stupid for asking but there's always a difference in each game so I gotta ask with the Sub and Dom points do they apply to the MC or to Barb in regard to who is the Dom and Sub in their relationship?
Anybody else wanna take this, since I've answered it so many times?

If you want a quick answer download the PDF and it's in the description of the point types at the top.

NubianPharoah

Mar 9, 2023
Anybody else wanna take this, since I've answered it so many times?

If you want a quick answer download the PDF and it's in the description of the point types at the top.
I'll check the PDF sorry for asking if it's already been answered I scrolled through the pages and couldn't find it while using Barb's name, so I just replied to one of your posts sorry :/

Reactions: Zoey Raven
4.50 star(s) 130 Votes