FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
I need to stop playing now, I just finished telling to Shelly about it... But I am less than half awake...

Sorry bro.

Peace :(

Reactions: Zoey Raven

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I need to stop playing now, I just finished telling to Shelly about it... But I am less than half awake...

Sorry bro.

Peace :(
If you reply or mention me tomorrow or something I'll come here just to read your post or anyone else's for that matter. I have to to check for mod updates anyway. So, I'll get the notification on the site. I realize it's not exactly a short update.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: FatGiant
Apr 29, 2021
Ok, since I'm still on here, for everyone who's played, what did you think of the Paris stuff this update? Please use spoilers! I'm gonna give myself until the end of the day just to make sure there's no more problems with the update.
To be real it was kinda unexpected.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Also kudos to you didn't think you'll include her like that in the plot, was a fun surprise.

Thanks for reading Dev, best wishes for ahead:)

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
To be real it was kinda unexpected.
Also kudos to you didn't think you'll include her like that in the plot, was a fun surprise.

Thanks for reading Dev, best wishes for ahead:)
Her character will have the chance to go both ways (I'm only writing this because I mentioned it before and on patreon). If you choose to do the relapse path (even if you qualify for it there will still be a choice to do it or not), then the relapse ending will be with Paris. However, if you don't choose the relapse path ending. Paris will get sober and also be a sober LI. So, you can have her either way, but as I've warned everyone. The relapse path is going to be very dark and not a happy ending, but I feel it needs to be there for those who want to see what hitting rock ass bottom is like.

Also that ending will happen long before the other endings to the game start happening. It will be in a couple of updates from now most likely. I don't expect a lot of people to play it, but I also won't be able to be accused of not showing how horrible it can get. So, if people thought the beginning was rough, double that or more. But again, it will be optional even if you have relapse points and qualify for it. I'd never force that on a player who didn't want to see it.

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi all my compressed unofficial Android port of One Day At A Time 0.11c And 0.17c with ShaddyModda walk through
Usual gestures, save name/delete, seethru textbox, resizeable game and dialogue text.
Gallery unlocked
Scrollable textbox - no more text off the bottom of your screen
Alternative persistent saves/log location
Grant storage permissions on first run!

Special Notes:
Put your end of season 1 special save/s in page 9 and I will move them for you at the beginning of next season.
Enjoy!

0.11c (Season 1)
Mega

0.17c (season 2)
Mega
Updated my Android port to Season 2 v0.17c

Last edited:
Reactions: Arj31

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Ok, since I'm still on here, for everyone who's played, what did you think of the Paris stuff this update? Please use spoilers! I'm gonna give myself until the end of the day just to make sure there's no more problems with the update.
Ok, just finished playing. The files are being moved to storage as I type.

A great update, some rather good teaching moments, that resonated deeply with me, due to my history with this problem.

Much love Zoey. This was a really good job.

Peace :D

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Absolute rock bottom is often death.
I hear you, but I have to disagree.

This rock bottom, the easiest solution is death. Living, is many orders of pain worse. Not only for the one afflicted but also for those that love them.

To the point that while I mourned (and still do) the death of my brother, I felt also immense relief that he was no longer in the nightmare that was his life. The relief was not for me, my love for him and the pain that derived from it because of his suffering, are still here, and will never leave. The relief was for him, that the boy with the most beautiful laughter ever, was no longer suffering from losing it.

I understand what you mean, but, you are wrong. Living is much, much worse.

Peace :cry:

Anteron

Jun 17, 2023
I hear you, but I have to disagree.

This rock bottom, the easiest solution is death. Living, is many orders of pain worse. Not only for the one afflicted but also for those that love them.

To the point that while I mourned (and still do) the death of my brother, I felt also immense relief that he was no longer in the nightmare that was his life. The relief was not for me, my love for him and the pain that derived from it because of his suffering, are still here, and will never leave. The relief was for him, that the boy with the most beautiful laughter ever, was no longer suffering from losing it.

I understand what you mean, but, you are wrong. Living is much, much worse.

Peace :cry:
Except death means they never recover. Someone alive still has that possibility, and then things eventually get better - unless they're doing life in prison, contracted an incurable fatal disease, etc.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Except death means they never recover. Someone alive still has that possibility, and then things eventually get better - unless they're doing life in prison, contracted an incurable fatal disease, etc.
Or, they developed a mental disease that made them lose all forms of connection to the world and could only experience life through the needle.

I totally understand you. But, sometimes pain has no end.

Peace :)

Anteron

Jun 17, 2023
Or, they developed a mental disease that made them lose all forms of connection to the world and could only experience life through the needle.

I totally understand you. But, sometimes pain has no end.

Peace :)
I've seen it. Worked in a treatment facility. Saw some come 3 times total (that was the limit - these were chronic relapsers.) Often ones who didn't take it seriously and screwed around too much. A few times read later in the newspaper they OD'd or got sent to prison for something stupid. Or prison, got out then OD'd. Such a waste of a life. And the newer drugs keep getting worse.

• Sad
Reactions: FatGiant

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I am unable to use save of chapter 11 for part 2 game in Android. Plz help
Read the "Dev Notes" in the OP, you have to do it on a certain page. It's all detailed there.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Absolute rock bottom is often death.
Nah, it's having to continue to chase a high when everyone in the world has abandoned you, and you still have to find a way to use because you'll get dope sick if you don't. Which at that point dying (in most peoples opinion) might be the better option.

I have friends who went that far and they told me they hoped it would happen every time they used because life was so horrible at that point. Just stating facts I've heard, I didn't have to go quite that low to get sober. But I was heading in that direction. Sadly I had enough people I could still take advantage of before I got there. To which I've made an amends, and try to continue to do so by staying sober one day at a time, no pun intended.

Also just because of the content of my post I'd like to say if anyone ever has thought's of wanting to take their own life please contact the suicide hotline in your country.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2021
Her character will have the chance to go both ways (I'm only writing this because I mentioned it before and on patreon). If you choose to do the relapse path (even if you qualify for it there will still be a choice to do it or not), then the relapse ending will be with Paris. However, if you don't choose the relapse path ending. Paris will get sober and also be a sober LI. So, you can have her either way, but as I've warned everyone. The relapse path is going to be very dark and not a happy ending, but I feel it needs to be there for those who want to see what hitting rock ass bottom is like.

Also that ending will happen long before the other endings to the game start happening. It will be in a couple of updates from now most likely. I don't expect a lot of people to play it, but I also won't be able to be accused of not showing how horrible it can get. So, if people thought the beginning was rough, double that or more. But again, it will be optional even if you have relapse points and qualify for it. I'd never force that on a player who didn't want to see it.
Appreciate the detailed info, remember you mentioned it on Patreon about seeing how rock bottom feels like. Can also understand how dark it would be and might give it a go, along with a strong coffee in hand as know it well known that how wonderfully you write the emotions so it would be a hard pill to ingest, that dark path; but am curious how it seems like. Can say it would certainly be a testament of how being clean is important and probably seeing the other and ugly side of the fence might reinforce the importance of abstinence even more. But yea intriguing how it'll pan out while anticipating the wholesome content on the clean path as already have selected the favourite LI with which can imagine the future of MC. Prospect of a sober Paris is a welcome one, it'll be so nice to see another character fight out their demons and emerge on top. So all in all lot of interesting things there and have full confidence you'll execute them with ease.

Thanks for replying back Dev, best wishes for ahead:)

Last edited:

Anteron

Jun 17, 2023
Once that is out, I'd like to hear about it without playing it. Been only playing the sober path since the start. Obviously MC loses Lydia, etc on that path and wouldn't be able to keep a job.

JGNeon

Feb 24, 2021
Also just because of the content of my post I'd like to say if anyone ever has thought's of wanting to take their own live please contact the suicide hotline in your country.
I was at a low point in my teenage years emotionally, and was somewhat close to having thoughts of ending things (my room at the time was on the 4th floor, one floor above the main apartment). Two things saved me out of those thoughts: being too much of a coward to actually go through with it, and the thought of how it might affect the people in my closest family (my mother and sister, in particular). I simply loved my family too much.

Thankfully, I never was low enough to turn to drugs or alcohol to ease the pain, but as an outside observer, I saw a few people (mostly friends of friends) go down that route.

4.50 star(s) 130 Votes