Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Here are two related posts from the developer on Patreon:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Needed to blow off some steam so...

Edit: I re-rendered these because she just didn't have enough light on her backside, and Lydia's got a great ass, shame on me!

I did a few renders of Lydia nude in the park at night. These a patron only. I needed to do something light and fun to brighten my mood a bit. So I did some night renders of Lydia in the Park, we'll make an exhibitionist of her yet! (Gonna need to make them full screen to see what I was going for).

Followed by:

I was losing my mind just sitting around thinking so...

I really needed to create something. I just posted some renders that were patreon only, because I'm not allowed to post them Public due to the content. However, you can probably find them somewhere else that rhymes with sitter.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Wow. Awesome renders. The first few releases were good, but the quality your renders lately are very impressive, really pushes the envelope towards photo-realism. You really should write a mini-tutorial someday to teach all the other devs (and wannabe devs) how it is done.

I understand what you mean about sitting around, letting your brain get to you. We've all been there.

Reactions: Zoey Raven

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
The latest Patreon update from the developer:

Gonna take an extra day...

We got Grandma laid to rest today and the ceremony was beautiful. She would have loved it.

We all got some much needed closure and the ability to pay our respects to someone who was such a integral part of our lives.

There are however some lose ends that needed to be tied up tomorrow. So I wanna be there for my Mom if she needs me.

I'll start back to full time everything on Wednesday the 20th.

It's driving me nuts not being able to work on the game, and I'm really excited to get back to it! But, I need to do this one last thing first.

My next post will be a dev update on the 27th. Once again, thank you all for your support and words of encouragement through this time. It has been much appreciated.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Some info about Patreon from the developer:

Education on Patreon inferface changes!

I figured since I double as and dev and WT/Mod maker I would give you guys a little walkthrough of what I've found to be the most glaring changes in patreon's interface.

1) Once you have subbed to a creator, you can no longer see how many patrons they have, or how much they are making monthly. Even if they have it selected to be shown, only people who are followers or just someone public stopping by can see that.

2) If you are a creator, you can only see your patrons and earnings if you view your page in "Public Mode". Make very little sense to you yet? Because it makes absolutely none to me.

3) Once you are a patron, seeing what tier you are subbed to is in the settings section of your patreon account, so if you wanna up your pledge, cancel etc, that's where you do it.

4) If there is a post you cannot access because you are not a patron, or not a high enough level one, that has actually stayed the same.

On a personal note, I would NEVER hide how much money I was making or how many patron's I have from anyone, given the choice. But, the choice has been taken away from me, if you are already a patron.

I've written patreon support about the issue and several others have as well, in order to see if they would consider at least rolling that part back. I seriously doubt it will happen though. But, maybe if enough people complain it might, you never know.

Anyway, these are my takeaways from the update. I'm currently not a fan of it. It makes nothing easier for either myself or you, but since patreon hasn't given you any info about it, I felt I should inform my loyal supporters and just the community in general.

It's likely we will all just have to get used to the new normal. Cheers!

Reactions: MV_1999

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Here are two related posts from the developer on Patreon:

Needed to blow off some steam so...

Edit: I re-rendered these because she just didn't have enough light on her backside, and Lydia's got a great ass, shame on me!

I did a few renders of Lydia nude in the park at night. These a patron only. I needed to do something light and fun to brighten my mood a bit. So I did some night renders of Lydia in the Park, we'll make an exhibitionist of her yet! (Gonna need to make them full screen to see what I was going for).

Followed by:

I was losing my mind just sitting around thinking so...

I really needed to create something. I just posted some renders that were patreon only, because I'm not allowed to post them Public due to the content. However, you can probably find them somewhere else that rhymes with sitter.
goto a gym and beat the shit outta a punching bag ... always helps (y)

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
That is pretty annoying. I like to see how the devs I subscribe to are doing, as far as subscribers and overall donations. When devs hide this info, it makes me think they are up to something.

I guess there is always Graphtreon, or you can just logout and go to the devs page as a non-subscriber. But why? Seems like extra work for no benefit to Patreon. They must have done some sort of analysis to show that if subscribers see how much their supporting devs are making, they are more likely to stop subscribing, once it gets too high, cutting into Patreon's profits.

One more reason Patre-shitfukk-on is the absolute WORST
Is it though? Though they have some annoying policies, certainly, but really if you step back a little, the cut they take is pretty small at only 5%. Compare that to the phone app stores which is 15%+, or Steam which is even higher at 30%.

Plus, they are pretty welcoming to hosting adult games, on the whole. Even if it isn't emphasised on their main page. What other large company facilitates so many adult games?

Also, while many, of not most, devs abuse the Patreon model to get a large following, and then cut way back since typically the donations don't drop much, and they can only work 10% as hard, still slow development is better than nothing, I think. Patreon allows amateur beginning devs to make a decent income from a relatively small amount of work, with hopes they will turn into the next Braindrop, or Runey.

Without Patreon, the number of adult VNs would very likely drop from 10,000+ to less than a couple hundred, and they would be mostly shitty ones like we had before Patreon was big.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
That is pretty annoying. I like to see how the devs I subscribe to are doing, as far as subscribers and overall donations. When devs hide this info, it makes me think they are up to something.

I guess there is always Graphtreon, or you can just logout and go to the devs page as a non-subscriber. But why? Seems like extra work for no benefit to Patreon. They must have done some sort of analysis to show that if subscribers see how much their supporting devs are making, they are more likely to stop subscribing, once it gets too high, cutting into Patreon's profits.

Is it though? Though they have some annoying policies, certainly, but really if you step back a little, the cut they take is pretty small at only 5%. Compare that to the phone app stores which is 15%+, or Steam which is even higher at 30%.

Plus, they are pretty welcoming to hosting adult games, on the whole. Even if it isn't emphasised on their main page. What other large company facilitates so many adult games?

Also, while many, of not most, devs abuse the Patreon model to get a large following, and then cut way back since typically the donations don't drop much, and they can only work 10% as hard, still slow development is better than nothing, I think. Patreon allows amateur beginning devs to make a decent income from a relatively small amount of work, with hopes they will turn into the next Braindrop, or Runey.

Without Patreon, the number of adult VNs would very likely drop from 10,000+ to less than a couple hundred, and they would be mostly shitty ones like we had before Patreon was big.
You can see it, you just can't see it once you sub, which is nuts IMO. A few of us have written to support about it, I'm not expecting much.

But, yea once you sub, like you said you have to log out to see it. I actually found another way to see it internally as a creator after I wrote that, but you can't as a patron.

That's why I have have a Subscribe Star account as a backup, but on there I can only see how many subscribers I have, which is like 3 because everyone is on patreon, but if patreon ever gets too nuts or doesn't allow adult games anymore, like some of us fear may happen eventually, I'll go over there completely.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
You can see it, you just can't see it once you sub, which is nuts IMO. A few of us have written to support about it, I'm not expecting much.

But, yea once you sub, like you said you have to log out to see it. I actually found another way to see it internally as a creator after I wrote that, but you can't as a patron.

That's why I have have a Subscribe Star account as a backup, but on there I can only see how many subscribers I have, which is like 3 because everyone is on patreon, but if patreon ever gets too nuts or doesn't allow adult games anymore, like some of us fear may happen eventually, I'll go over there completely.
I am one of those 3 Substar
Because FUKKK Patre-shit

Smarmint The overwhelming majority of the games I play and look to keep playing need a patch to actually be complete on Patre-shit. The dialogues are so fukkn stupid without the patch and some creators get tired of fighting and leave childhood friend and other dumb relations in while having them still freak out about finding each other attractive etc and makes everything worse. Many of these games (This one excluded) have mediocre to shitty stories and then they are made worse. Also I like age play and petite teens and those are also greatly hindered by Patre-shit. Also the way they handled the policy change out of nowhere in 2018 or so and started banning the shit out of games without giving time to get compliant and being asshats about stuff like adopted parents (Not even blood related but Patre-shit still bans)

I am off topic and this is long enough so I will stop but I have plenty of reasons to despise the company and I am not alone or Sub Star wouldn't even exist as a viable company

PEACE

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I am one of those 3 Substar
Because FUKKK Patre-shit

Smarmint The overwhelming majority of the games I play and look to keep playing need a patch to actually be complete on Patre-shit. The dialogues are so fukkn stupid without the patch and some creators get tired of fighting and leave childhood friend and other dumb relations in while having them still freak out about finding each other attractive etc and makes everything worse. Many of these games (This one excluded) have mediocre to shitty stories and then they are made worse. Also I like age play and petite teens and those are also greatly hindered by Patre-shit. Also the way they handled the policy change out of nowhere in 2018 or so and started banning the shit out of games without giving time to get compliant and being asshats about stuff like adopted parents (Not even blood related but Patre-shit still bans)

I am off topic and this is long enough so I will stop but I have plenty of reasons to despise the company and I am not alone or Sub Star wouldn't even exist as a viable company

PEACE
I don't care where you sub, I just appreciate that you do! :) Yea, I'm not thrilled with them, but like others have said, they're what we have. I mean I'm on about everything Itch.io, Buy Me a Coffee, Spicy Gaming, Lewd Pixels, etc... But, I get the most support on Patreon because it's what people know. Until that changes, for lack of a better phrase, it won't change. I need at least 5 subscribers on SS before I can withdrawl the money I've made on there, but I've never had 5 at once, even though I have like $50 on there! LOL

I make a lot more than a lot of people do from Patreon though, so I can't complain too much. But yea, I wish they were better.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
ERROR: Conversation with Shelly in RV (2nd choice)

This is explained in the OP, first thing in blue. Sorry it's a Renpy bug that affected a small amount of players, wasn't my fault. The reason you got it on the second choice is likely you didn't choose the the one that had points on the first choice. Either way, the solution is the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: eightypercent

eightypercent

Apr 2, 2020
This is explained in the OP, first thing in blue. Sorry it's a Renpy bug that affected a small amount of players, wasn't my fault. The reason you got it on the second choice is likely you didn't choose the the one that had points on the first choice. Either way, the solution is the same.
Hey thanks... I tried speed reading the blue text when I downloaded the latest version; so i remembered the part about saving at the end of chapter 11 but not the other IMPORTANT paragraph that applies to me. You know how much I like your game, so it will be a pleasure to restart, make some different choices, and see where it takes me.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Hey thanks... I tried speed reading the blue text when I downloaded the latest version; so i remembered the part about saving at the end of chapter 11 but not the other IMPORTANT paragraph that applies to me. You know how much I like your game, so it will be a pleasure to restart, make some different choices, and see where it takes me.
Alternatively (if you want to) as I've told the few others who had this issue. You can just use the mod and skipping function in Renpy to get back to where you were quickly.

Reactions: eightypercent

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Some Patreon news from the developer:

Update to Tier's Concerning One Day at a Time

In the spirit of transparency I always strive for, I would like to announce changes to one of the tiers and how the game will be distributed going forward. Instead of just changing it and not telling you like some developers do.

-$10 tiers and up will stay the same, receiving One Day at a Time 7 days before release.

-$5 tier will also stay the same, receiving One Day at a Time 3 days before release.

-$3 tier will now receive the game on what I'm calling "General Release", and that's where the latest release of the game will stay.

Note: This means there will no longer be a public release of the game, beginning with Ch. 12 and the start of Season 2.

Season 1 will be the latest Public Release of of the game (it's 11 chapters long, if that's not enough for someone to decide whether the game is worth it to them, I don't know what would be).

Why am I doing this you ask? Because I work extremely hard on the game, crazy amounts of hours, full time plus overtime most days and weekends! I've consistently produced content, and a substantial amount of it at that. Most other developers end up doing this at some point when they have enough material, I am just following the industry standard for the most part.

Also, the game costs money to make, and as much as this is a passion project, I can't pay for it all by myself, even if I'd want to.

Let me state this doesn't mean I don't appreciate anyone who supports me on any level! I absolutely do, you have been and I'm sure will continue to be awesome!

Dev Updates
will always stay public!

Walkthrough and Mod content will always stay public!

I'll have a dev update for you tomorrow as promised!

Hope you are all doing well! Cheers!

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
The patreon post doesn't mean I don't expect the game to end up here eventually, or that I won't support it once it does. What's that thing people put in their OP's "I've chosen to take an active role in the community etc..." Well, that won't change.

Do I hope you come support the game and get it that way? I think every dev does, but I understand how much visibility and advertisement this place provides for adult games. Probably more than the majority of developers do, since I've been doing content for other games for so long, and seen how games grow.

Last edited:

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Some Patreon news from the developer:

In the spirit of transparency I always strive for, I would like to announce changes to one of the tiers and how the game will be distributed going forward. Instead of just changing it and not telling you like some developers do.

-$10 tiers and up will stay the same, receiving One Day at a Time 7 days before release.

-$5 tier will also stay the same, receiving One Day at a Time 3 days before release.

-$3 tier will now receive the game on what I'm calling "General Release", and that's where the latest release of the game will stay.

Note: This means there will no longer be a public release of the game, beginning with Ch. 12 and the start of Season 2.

Season 1 will be the latest Public Release of of the game (it's 11 chapters long, if that's not enough for someone to decide whether the game is worth it to them, I don't know what would be).

Why am I doing this you ask? Because I work extremely hard on the game, crazy amounts of hours, full time plus overtime most days and weekends! I've consistently produced content, and a substantial amount of it at that. Most other developers end up doing this at some point when they have enough material, I am just following the industry standard for the most part.

Also, the game costs money to make, and as much as this is a passion project, I can't pay for it all by myself, even if I'd want to.

Let me state this doesn't mean I don't appreciate anyone who supports me on any level! I absolutely do, you have been and I'm sure will continue to be awesome!

Dev Updates
will always stay public!

You might wanna update this, I updated the OP on patreon, I was half awake and didn't put the numbers in the way I wanted. It's 10 days early for $10, 4 days early for $5, and on General Release for $3 (which will be 10 days after it's out on $10). I also forgot to add another reason I did it was to reward higher level patrons. Oh yea and the part about $10 and $5 staying the same has also been changed. Sorry about the mix up!

Last edited:

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
You might wanna update this, I updated the OP on patreon, I was half awake and didn't put the numbers in the way I wanted. It's 10 days early for $10, 4 days early for $5, and on General Release for $3 (which will be 10 days after it's out on $10). I also forgot to add another reason I did it was to reward higher level patrons. Oh yea and the part about $10 and $5 staying the same has also been changed. Sorry about the mix up!
Gee, I don't know. You have done a rewrite and changed variables in your post. Seems like you are making a lot of trouble for me. ;)

Well... anyway, the revised Patreon post:

Edit: Sorry guys I screwed up the way I wanted to change the number of days when I went to update the tier's, that's why I'm sending it again. Everything is accurate apart from the times each tier will get the game! Again sorry about that.

I'll also forgot to add this is to further reward higher tier patrons in the OP.

-$10 tiers and up will receive One Day at a Time 10 days before release.

-$5 tier will receive One Day at a Time 4 days before release.

Season 1 will be the latest Public Release of the game (it's 11 chapters long, if that's not enough for someone to decide whether the game is worth it to them, I don't know what would be).

Dev Updates
will always stay public!

• Haha
Reactions: F1_V10

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Gee, I don't know. You have done a rewrite and changed variables in your post. Seems like you are making a lot of trouble for me. ;)

Well... anyway, the revised Patreon post:

Edit: Sorry guys I screwed up the way I wanted to change the number of days when I went to update the tier's, that's why I'm sending it again. Everything is accurate apart from the times each tier will get the game! Again sorry about that.

I'll also forgot to add this is to further reward higher tier patrons in the OP.

-$10 tiers and up will receive One Day at a Time 10 days before release.

-$5 tier will receive One Day at a Time 4 days before release.

Season 1 will be the latest Public Release of the game (it's 11 chapters long, if that's not enough for someone to decide whether the game is worth it to them, I don't know what would be).

Dev Updates
will always stay public!

Yes Walter, that's my lifelong ambition, to cause you grief and sorrow whenever possible! :p However, I've never changed a variable on my own game, only rewrites were punching up the sex scenes early game a bit. Now, if we're talking mods, yea I change a shit ton of variables.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 130 Votes