Ren'Py One Night in Badger City [Prologue] [BudBoi]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

iainmore

Jun 12, 2017
I honestly didn't notice I was doing that, good call. I'll make sure to keep an eye on future scenes like that.

Nah it's cool. You're right, using famous characters is pretty lazy compared to making your own and a bit of a cash grab. But the main reason I made this because of the parody tag above all others, if that makes sense. Haven't seen any game on the site that focuses on being an RE parody (except Bioasshard) so here we are.

If a dev/writer sees this project and it helps 'em in making their own RE parody game, then I've done my work.

I'm glad you liked it! Yeah the RE modding community is fucking awesome. Mr X with a banana hammock comes to mind. Jill was supposed to be in the port area (which isn't available because SFM corrupts your saves faster than I can corrupt the girls in this game, but that's another story).

Forgot to make a changelog, apologies. A summary of it is

-Two new paths
-New character intros
-More interactivity/gameplay
-Intro to Chrisposting

Seems to work for me. I can't upload to nopy so if it's still bugged, you'll have to report the OP with broken links.
I used the Mega link in the end but in an ideal world I dont like to use them if I can help it. It is not the first time I have had trouble with NOPY links lately.

Lastpaco

Nov 23, 2017
While i'm eager for a zombie game with female protag, somehow the use of RE character just make me don't want to play the game. Is it really hard to make an original character (like Parasite in the City or ) rather than use other famous character in a famous series too attach people??? This could be too harsh but that is the truth
where as it using resident evil characters made me want to play it

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Alright, every knows why my shadowy presence has manifested here- is there any way to become a zombie and go around corrupting and infecting everyone else into unholy damnation? You know, the stuff I like! Mwa ha ha ha! I always ask on these zombie games, but the answer is always no. I'll have to make my own at some point if this continues.

BuddyBoi76

May 14, 2021
Nice update. Ada :love:
where as it using resident evil characters made me want to play it
I'm glad both of you gave it a chance cause of specific characters, which is pretty much why I chose an RE parody. There are dozens of zombie games around which are way better than this, but this one is primarily gonna focus on RE characters with puzzles being the 'gameplay'. I'd have preferred making this in RPGM but :(

No animations... Sad :с
Sadly, since rendering as it is takes alot of time, and writing story/dialogue is hard enough, adding animations in the game isn't something I'm planning to do. Sorry :(

Alright, every knows why my shadowy presence has manifested here- is there any way to become a zombie and go around corrupting and infecting everyone else into unholy damnation? You know, the stuff I like! Mwa ha ha ha! I always ask on these zombie games, but the answer is always no. I'll have to make my own at some point if this continues.
The current plan is to include a path that allows the MC to trap the other characters and make 'em corrupted. I haven't added anything of the sort since it's still early, and I don't want to add something that is pretty much a completely different take on the game (yet).

I'll see if I can hint at it in a later update, but I don't want to make promises that I can't keep so nothing's certain for now. If you do choose to make your own game that's based on this, best of luck! The world could always use more zombie games! :D

Zawarudo94

Oct 26, 2017
Regarding the usage of established characters (altered for legal reasons) I don't think that it's a bad thing at all. Let's be clear, if you just want random renders without a story, you don't need to play a game for that. For a game, you want characters and a story in order to be successful. However, writing original characters can be hard. In order to get a good response from the player, they need to have a clear characterization with goals, personality traits, and unique interactions. While there are many good games that focus on corruption that go the OG route (thinking Struggle with Sin, Claire's Quest/Overgrown, Roundscape, etc) there's nothing wrong with taking established characters that everybody knows to circumvent some of the work involved with that characterization. It gives the creator more time to think about the story/mechanics/puzzles/general content without having to worry about making new likeable characters, because the Resident Evil games have already done that for the majority of people this game attracts. Personally, I'm excited for this project because we rarely see games that fit this niche. 95% of what you see on this site is shitty harem games with decent renders and very minor differences but are all effectively the same game. Seriously, take the top 10 and try to name a difference other than the specific renders used. Shit, sometimes even those are the same. A good corruption game with a zombie/monster focused environment is a breath of fresh air from that. Parody it up. Keep up the good work.

Jun 30, 2017
Regarding the usage of established characters (altered for legal reasons) I don't think that it's a bad thing at all. Let's be clear, if you just want random renders without a story, you don't need to play a game for that. For a game, you want characters and a story in order to be successful. However, writing original characters can be hard. In order to get a good response from the player, they need to have a clear characterization with goals, personality traits, and unique interactions. While there are many good games that focus on corruption that go the OG route (thinking Struggle with Sin, Claire's Quest/Overgrown, Roundscape, etc) there's nothing wrong with taking established characters that everybody knows to circumvent some of the work involved with that characterization. It gives the creator more time to think about the story/mechanics/puzzles/general content without having to worry about making new likeable characters, because the Resident Evil games have already done that for the majority of people this game attracts. Personally, I'm excited for this project because we rarely see games that fit this niche. 95% of what you see on this site is shitty harem games with decent renders and very minor differences but are all effectively the same game. Seriously, take the top 10 and try to name a difference other than the specific renders used. Shit, sometimes even those are the same. A good corruption game with a zombie/monster focused environment is a breath of fresh air from that. Parody it up. Keep up the good work.
While it is boiled down to personal opinion, your argument is really bad, original character doesn't mean he/she should have original story, developer could make a different character in appearance but with the same backstory, characteristic, personality. To be honest zombie is not something of original anymore, an while it is just my personal feeling, using everything based on RE feel cheap to me.....but it is not like i insult him though, he make a game and i play it, normal, i'm not force him to make the game based on my vision (i not have that right to do that actually), just express my feeling

Reactions: BuddyBoi76

Zawarudo94

Oct 26, 2017
While it is boiled down to personal opinion, your argument is really bad, original character doesn't mean he/she should have original story, developer could make a different character in appearance but with the same backstory, characteristic, personality. To be honest zombie is not something of original anymore, an while it is just my personal feeling, using everything based on RE feel cheap to me.....but it is not like i insult him though, he make a game and i play it, normal, i'm not force him to make the game based on my vision (i not have that right to do that actually), just express my feeling
I feel like there is a bit of a language barrier here causing a misunderstanding. Using established characters gives the creator more time to do other things, like making an original story. Doesn't have to be, though. Make your own story, copy the source material, hell just use the renders and make the game follow the plot of Stewart Little, I don't care. If my argument of doing something that requires less time (using established characters) saves time for other things doesn't make sense to you, than I don't know what to tell you, maybe watch a clock or something to see how time works. As for the zombie stuff, zombie focused games aren't impossible to find by any means, but are much less common than the usual trite harem game, which was my point there. The rest is subjective, so fair enough.

Reactions: BuddyBoi76

BuddyBoi76

May 14, 2021
Thank for your support! I agree, taking established characters from other works and using them as a reference makes things considerably easier. It even helps in figuring out where to add a character/reuse an old character, or which gameplay elements you'd want to add (like how I decided on puzzles for now).

I guess as a newbie, it just feels like a better idea to start with some source material rather than creating something entirely original, but that's just my opinion.

I agree with most of your takes, and it's cool, writing fiction that's completely original is going to be much harder than writing fan fiction. And using models like I did is an easy way out, so I get why some people wouldn't like it. I'm still a beginner though, and making my own assets, creating new characters (even if they're based on source material) etc. would be really hard work, and I'd end up abandoning the project before I even started it.

So pretty much focusing on the parody aspect helps me in creating the game as much as it helps other people take an interest in it. I'm not insulted by your opinion, I'm actually glad you did speak up about it, and I hope my answer makes things abit clearer.

MEMEACCOUNT

Jul 27, 2020
Interested because I like Rebecca, just needs some more content, and better dialogue, honestly right now the dialogue isn't really interesting, I ended up just half-reading most of it since it doesn't really add anything to the scenes, dialogue if done well can make a lewd scene much, much better.

BuddyBoi76

May 14, 2021
when will new update available, ive seen the bright future of this Game because of its content and Parody Character
I can't wait for the next update. I love this spin on the zombie virus. I wish there were more like it. Anyone know more like this while waiting for the next update?
Glad you liked it! Unfortunately, I ran into a few RL problems so I couldn't work on the game. I've started again recently so I hope to release a quick update in a week or so. Thanks for the support!

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote