GraveXMachina

Jun 9, 2020
So...the doctor just date rapes us with some weird as drug and then pump said drug throughout the ship without even telling anyone what it is or their consent?
And the MC just goes with it...how'd he even become top of the class if he's thinking with his dick?

Like, bruh...

GraveXMachina

Jun 9, 2020
If you dont like it , the doors of other game threads are always opened ... Enter in one and enjoy
"Don't like it, don't play it"...why is that the first response tto any critic?

Honest opinion, the rest of the game is fine.
Just druging part is an sore.

I get that Alex is a creep, but how is the MC or the doc any better when pumping a experimental lust drug through the ship without anyone knowing or consent?

It wouldn't be much of a problem if the MC was established as a morally gray horn dog, but we're supposed to see him as this good and smart Captain.

itfod

Apr 16, 2021
View attachment 1425518
This month's new CG pack is here. Bunny girl Lym and Lili take center stage. Reserve your very own personal bunny today:
Not gonna lie, I kinda hope the new update drops in the next 24-36 hours. Day after tomorrow is my day off, and it'd be lovely to get to play this straight away. Else, I gotta go through three solid days of work till I get the chance to indulge. :D

Honest opinion, the rest of the game is fine.
Just druging part is an sore.

I get that Alex is a creep, but how is the MC or the doc any better when pumping a experimental lust drug through the ship without anyone knowing or consent?

It wouldn't be much of a problem if the MC was established as a morally gray horn dog, but we're supposed to see him as this good and smart Captain.
I get the point; the whole drugging thing did surprise me. I think it's acceptable mainly because it seems like mostly the women initiating it first, and the MC is into it. As for pumping it through the ship for everybody else to be exposed... tbh, it's a little creepy, yes, but one would hope that the ultimate story will lead to it being a lessening of inhibitions, not a full on roofie. After all, Nyx seems perfectly capable of resisting it.

Plus, let's be honest; I think every man has had the fantasy of objects of their sexual fascination (leaving this open for the whole spectrum to be included) throwing themselves at them, desiring them strongly. I know I had that fantasy, and I think most men I know did too. Not as many women, but we're just wired different.

As for the MC meant to be a good captain... I dunno? I think I just got the concept he was adept at getting stuff done. There wasn't really a set-up of him being moral to me at the beginning, especially when you consider how the teacher approaches him, and he doesn't shy away from it. Then, his first encounter with the doctor just confirms his sexual proclivity of taking it whenever it comes to him.

Lest we not forget, I feel like this game is a sexual charged parody/homage of Mass Effect. Probably best not to take it too seriously.

Still, to each their own, I say.

• Red Heart
Reactions: GraveXMachina

GraveXMachina

Jun 9, 2020
Not gonna lie, I kinda hope the new update drops in the next 24-36 hours. Day after tomorrow is my day off, and it'd be lovely to get to play this straight away. Else, I gotta go through three solid days of work till I get the chance to indulge. :D

I get the point; the whole drugging thing did surprise me. I think it's acceptable mainly because it seems like mostly the women initiating it first, and the MC is into it. As for pumping it through the ship for everybody else to be exposed... tbh, it's a little creepy, yes, but one would hope that the ultimate story will lead to it being a lessening of inhibitions, not a full on roofie. After all, Nyx seems perfectly capable of resisting it.

Plus, let's be honest; I think every man has had the fantasy of objects of their sexual fascination (leaving this open for the whole spectrum to be included) throwing themselves at them, desiring them strongly. I know I had that fantasy, and I think most men I know did too. Not as many women, but we're just wired different.

As for the MC meant to be a good captain... I dunno? I think I just got the concept he was adept at getting stuff done. There wasn't really a set-up of him being moral to me at the beginning, especially when you consider how the teacher approaches him, and he doesn't shy away from it. Then, his first encounter with the doctor just confirms his sexual proclivity of taking it whenever it comes to him.

Lest we not forget, I feel like this game is a sexual charged parody/homage of Mass Effect. Probably best not to take it too seriously.

Still, to each their own, I say.
Hm...fair enough.

But sometimes it does come of as like being roofied.
I mean, if one inhales some of the fumes directly, one losses absolute control over oneself.
The MC even blacked out the first time, only to wake up and already being used by the doctor.

So even if it just losens one's inhibitions, it kind of still can count as rape under influence.

Like, what would happen if the others found out about it?
Or what if one of em was hit by a stringer dose and Alex was close by and used the opportunity?
Would players still enjoy that?

But I see your point and apologize if I was being too rude.

cryoxxx

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
Hm...fair enough.

But sometimes it does come of as like being roofied.
I mean, if one inhales some of the fumes directly, one losses absolute control over oneself.
The MC even blacked out the first time, only to wake up and already being used by the doctor.

So even if it just losens one's inhibitions, it kind of still can count as rape under influence.

Like, what would happen if the others found out about it?
Or what if one of em was hit by a stringer dose and Alex was close by and used the opportunity?
Would players still enjoy that?

But I see your point and apologize if I was being too rude.
Guess I should comment on it now. -shrug- I originally wanted the "drug" to be an inhibitor for more sexy time with the ladies. I failed a bit in execution and regret how I handled it, especially with Doc's first scene. I have plans to redo that scene later.

And actually for this release, I changed the event slightly with describing how the gas is sent around the ship. I know most of you won't replay my retcon, so I'll give the details of the change.
Dr. describes the drug differently now. It is now described as an earth atmosphere additive. Used to mimic earth's environment, but it has the side effect of increased libido. The entire crew knows about the side effect and have agreed that the benefits outweigh the downsides, then captain also agrees to keeping the "gas" on the ship.

I know that retcons are dumb and you can choose how you want to take it going forward, but I have been wanting to change that for some time. o_O

GraveXMachina

Jun 9, 2020
Guess I should comment on it now. -shrug- I originally wanted the "drug" to be an inhibitor for more sexy time with the ladies. I failed a bit in execution and regret how I handled it, especially with Doc's first scene. I have plans to redo that scene later.

And actually for this release, I changed the event slightly with describing how the gas is sent around the ship. I know most of you won't replay my retcon, so I'll give the details of the change.
Dr. describes the drug differently now. It is now described as an earth atmosphere additive. Used to mimic earth's environment, but it has the side effect of increased libido. The entire crew knows about the side effect and have agreed that the benefits outweigh the downsides, then captain also agrees to keeping the "gas" on the ship.

I know that retcons are dumb and you can choose how you want to take it going forward, but I have been wanting to change that for some time. o_O
Again, I apologize if I was rude.
I just simply hoped it to be more consensual.

And appreciate the effort you put in this game.

• Love
Reactions: cryoxxx

itfod

Apr 16, 2021

Thanks for all the hard work you've put into this game. This retcon makes it a lot less uncomfortable, so I'm pretty happy about it. :D

Will probably replay it just to see the new dialogue when it comes out. :D

Reactions: cryoxxx

cryoxxx

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
New Dev diary out.

MetalOdyssey2.png MetalOdyssey3.png MetalOdyssey4.png MetalOdyssey5.png
0.3.6 Dev Diary

Hi again everyone. As you all know, 0.3.5 is out now for Early Access: and public release is right around the corner! I've heard a lot of good things about it already and I can't wait for everyone else to play it!
That being said, after I released it into BETA a little more than a week ago, I forced myself to take a much needed break. I took a week off and caught up on a couple of games, lewd and not. A few days ago I got back to work on OO! I've been mostly writing new events and dialog with a few renders in between.
  • 350 new lines of dialog
  • 3 new events written
  • 14 new renders
During my break I thought a lot about events and how to make fun, unique AND hot. I got a lot of good ideas and I'm ready to let them free.
Oh and here is some pics of Metal Odyssey's first show. ;D

Boldano

Nov 16, 2020

It may seem small but honestly just you explaining the change made that aspect of the game so much more enjoyable for me! I think the new explanation is a lot more guilt free and gets rid of some questions I had in the back of my mind when playing. Thanks for that!

• Angry
Reactions: Kakato and cryoxxx
4.40 star(s) 142 Votes