Miraak11th

Jun 19, 2020
What do I need to do for the last one? I already did everything, I didn't find any green circles for over a week:

1638365308667.png

cryoxxx

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
0.3.7 Development Worklog 2 out now: or

0.3.7 Development Worklog 2

Firstly, enjoy some drago girls cosplay. Secondly, I hope you all enjoyed the new update!
This week has been pretty productive. Writing, rendering, and animating!
  • 72 new renders
  • 4 new animations
  • 1event completed
  • 1 new character created
  • Lots of writing
I've been focusing on completing the first lewd scene of the update, while taking breaks to work on other various events. The lewd scene is way too hot for me to handle all at once. -sweats-

What's next? Continue with rendering and animating the lewd scene. I want to be finished with it by the next time we talk, but I've yet to even finish writing it, so it might be longer than that. After that, I have a lot of events written that I can start rendering. I won't have trouble finding something to work on!

Thanks everyone for your support!

Oh. If you're one of my higher tiered subscribers. Start thinking about what you want for your December commissions and message me whenever!

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi all, my compressed unofficial Android port of Oppai Odyssey v0.3.6 with gallery unlock.
Usual gestures, save name/delete etc etc
Alternative persistent saves/log location.
Grant storage permissions on first run!
Mega
Updated my Android port to v0.3.6

DiGidro

Sep 28, 2018
Really commander don't know his ship and ask help find out hidden botany room? How he should make decision if he know nothing? Really disappointing how stupid and unprepared our MC.

Kalkrion

Feb 27, 2019
I've got some serious problems with this game's narrative. Honestly they expressly mentioned a specific crystal in the introduction with Noel that has the power to create matter based holograms(Ignoring how it would be simpler to make it solid light rather than matter, thereby avoiding a massive fucking problem with how physics works since matter cannot be created or destroyed which this thing apparently does and the engineer shrugs off and the top scorer MC apparently cheated since he doesn't notice nor ask how it works) and then as soon as the transmission in the first mission it specifically mentions the compound is to assist in acquiring "Zycrum Crystals" and the main characters then response after the recording ends is "Huh, who knows why they would use this substance" and of course the only two characters that would recognize it are out of the room and the ones that did hear the whole "this recording will delete after its finished playing" didn't think; we should write this down, or fuck I dunno use your goddamn phones to record the message. This story is going for a bit of mystery, but there isn't much of a mystery and if you rub two brain cells together you can figure out a decent portion out, but apparently only two characters on the ship have more than one brain cell and the single brain cells are too stupid to relay any information to them.

Then there's Alex, where do I even begin with Alex. So lets add a character in this game give'em a good character design a decent introduction, and make him a dude that betrays us due to the MC kinda just sidelining him 99.99% of the time. However we can't let the player or more importantly the MC feel like they fucked up so immediately turn him into an incel so that when he inevitable betray the MC for understandable reasons we can undercut those reasons with the fact he's a creep and so he deserves what he gets. I just hate this, we could've had a cool bro-esque character that acts as a platonic support to the MC that won't be influenced by affection regarding his views on the MC's choices allowing for their to be an unbiased individual that can give perspective advice to the MC if he gets confused or doubts himself allowing the MC to keep projecting the image of a confident captain, as he slowly becomes the confident captain he is pretending to be. But do we get a fun cool male side character that can help show the MC is more than a sex and seduction machine designed by the developer to fulfill player fantasy allowing for the MC to become an actual character with flaws and motivations, no. I hate this habit that emerges in games like this, just because this game is about seducing women(or men in some games) doesn't necessarily mean you should make it so there are no perceivable individuals besides the love interests on the MC's side. Platonic characters are important as they help to flesh out love interests as well as the main character in a way that scenes purely dedicated to increasing affection points can't, and much more importantly act as an unbiased party outside of these complex relationship webs harem storylines end up resulting in. Just because Alex is a dude on the ship doesn't mean he's a threat to the MC's relationships much less has to be written purely to be some foil so that the MC doesn't get noticed by HR for some questionable behavior as a captain towards his crew. If Alex and his actions are meant to be funny, yeah sorry the comedy has fallen so flat that the funny bones are now just dust.

Am I overthinking the plot of a game that's meant to have only PLOT, probably. But I don't think its something that should be ignored, this is a game that's being written with plot lines and arcs kept in mind with the intention of forming more of narrative than the usual MTL RPGM games that keep showing up recently. This game has made an attempt at a narrative so I feel it is necessary to highlight its issues.

BUT this is not meant to discourage or tell you your effort is or was meaningless Cryoxxx(If you are even reading this, which is moderately possible). If you felt that way from reading this I apologize, this is just how things flow in my mind and I feel its better to give my unfiltered thoughts rather than try to filter them and lose the point. What you've made is not bad and of course it is also unfinished and I don't intend for this to be some revolutionary manifesto that will make you rebuild the game from the ground up or far worse, force developments that were never intended. No, this is meant for you to hear a different perspective to keep in mind for future things you write if you decide to continue after finishing this game or decide to write something alongside this game, whether it be a game or something else. Have a good day or night depending on when you read this.

Arrdvark

Jan 23, 2018
I've got some serious problems with this game's narrative. Honestly they expressly mentioned a specific crystal in the introduction with Noel that has the power to create matter based holograms(Ignoring how it would be simpler to make it solid light rather than matter, thereby avoiding a massive fucking problem with how physics works since matter cannot be created or destroyed which this thing apparently does and the engineer shrugs off and the top scorer MC apparently cheated since he doesn't notice nor ask how it works) and then as soon as the transmission in the first mission it specifically mentions the compound is to assist in acquiring "Zycrum Crystals" and the main characters then response after the recording ends is "Huh, who knows why they would use this substance" and of course the only two characters that would recognize it are out of the room and the ones that did hear the whole "this recording will delete after its finished playing" didn't think; we should write this down, or fuck I dunno use your goddamn phones to record the message. This story is going for a bit of mystery, but there isn't much of a mystery and if you rub two brain cells together you can figure out a decent portion out, but apparently only two characters on the ship have more than one brain cell and the single brain cells are too stupid to relay any information to them.

Then there's Alex, where do I even begin with Alex. So lets add a character in this game give'em a good character design a decent introduction, and make him a dude that betrays us due to the MC kinda just sidelining him 99.99% of the time. However we can't let the player or more importantly the MC feel like they fucked up so immediately turn him into an incel so that when he inevitable betray the MC for understandable reasons we can undercut those reasons with the fact he's a creep and so he deserves what he gets. I just hate this, we could've had a cool bro-esque character that acts as a platonic support to the MC that won't be influenced by affection regarding his views on the MC's choices allowing for their to be an unbiased individual that can give perspective advice to the MC if he gets confused or doubts himself allowing the MC to keep projecting the image of a confident captain, as he slowly becomes the confident captain he is pretending to be. But do we get a fun cool male side character that can help show the MC is more than a sex and seduction machine designed by the developer to fulfill player fantasy allowing for the MC to become an actual character with flaws and motivations, no. I hate this habit that emerges in games like this, just because this game is about seducing women(or men in some games) doesn't necessarily mean you should make it so there are no perceivable individuals besides the love interests on the MC's side. Platonic characters are important as they help to flesh out love interests as well as the main character in a way that scenes purely dedicated to increasing affection points can't, and much more importantly act as an unbiased party outside of these complex relationship webs harem storylines end up resulting in. Just because Alex is a dude on the ship doesn't mean he's a threat to the MC's relationships much less has to be written purely to be some foil so that the MC doesn't get noticed by HR for some questionable behavior as a captain towards his crew. If Alex and his actions are meant to be funny, yeah sorry the comedy has fallen so flat that the funny bones are now just dust.

Am I overthinking the plot of a game that's meant to have only PLOT, probably. But I don't think its something that should be ignored, this is a game that's being written with plot lines and arcs kept in mind with the intention of forming more of narrative than the usual MTL RPGM games that keep showing up recently. This game has made an attempt at a narrative so I feel it is necessary to highlight its issues.

BUT this is not meant to discourage or tell you your effort is or was meaningless Cryoxxx(If you are even reading this, which is moderately possible). If you felt that way from reading this I apologize, this is just how things flow in my mind and I feel its better to give my unfiltered thoughts rather than try to filter them and lose the point. What you've made is not bad and of course it is also unfinished and I don't intend for this to be some revolutionary manifesto that will make you rebuild the game from the ground up or far worse, force developments that were never intended. No, this is meant for you to hear a different perspective to keep in mind for future things you write if you decide to continue after finishing this game or decide to write something alongside this game, whether it be a game or something else. Have a good day or night depending on when you read this.
I noticed a lot of the same issues you bring up, but for some reason, they didn't really bother me like I would have expected them to.

The thing that broke my suspension of disbelief was when the MC is talking to Nyx on the first planet. She is explaining that she is from the planet Eldar which is light-years away. The MC acts like that is a tremendous distance to travel, when the reality would be that his ship just traveled several light-years to get to the current location. Alpha Centauri is the closest star system to us at just over 4 light-years away, and it also has the closest potentially inhabitable exoplanet. The MC and his ship covered at least that distance in a few days. To make the distance to Nyx's home seem like it's truly an incomprehensible distance away, I would recommend using Parsecs or even Mega-parsecs.

Reactions: BTungsteno

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
I have not played the game since the "rape rework", and i must say the game is really fucking good, it was a little sad that Lili didn't stay with us, and the last scene with Lym (she teasing the mc with the toys) i find really stupid, i get she have done that to "try be sexy" for him, but they are in the same fucking ship, and she have done other stuff, why not call him in the room at least, i never understand why have fun with plastic when you have the real thing close, that scene look like she lost all confidence, is the only thing that i can say that is negative about the game.

axnjxn

Jun 12, 2017
how do i get the new nyx scenes to play? i have done everything and all sunday events. the only thing i havent done is the bugged nyx quest

Stratos_69

Oct 13, 2021
Well i've just get a play and i'm wondering if the bug as i mentionned few posts back, will be fiwed i mean this one with Nyx game event, because i've still the same thing.
Also, monday evening, still with Nyx, the game show the green light but when i click on it says "Nyx's busy,i'll leave her alone" (cf screenshot).

However, i'm asking here if it's still me or someone else have also this, and i think this can also block me to advance in the story (i've no lewd event whit Nyx despite the submission path).
I'll chill and see if our dear cryoxxx can do something ;)
PS : i like the fan art hiden in the game(y)

cryoxxx

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
Well i've just get a play and i'm wondering if the bug as i mentionned few posts back, will be fiwed i mean this one with Nyx game event, because i've still the same thing.
Also, monday evening, still with Nyx, the game show the green light but when i click on it says "Nyx's busy,i'll leave her alone" (cf screenshot).

However, i'm asking here if it's still me or someone else have also this, and i think this can also block me to advance in the story (i've no lewd event whit Nyx despite the submission path).
I'll chill and see if our dear cryoxxx can do something ;)
PS : i like the fan art hiden in the game(y)
I haven't been able to replicate the bug I tired fixing it but I failed. Can you send me your save file?
Or anyone that's having the bug, send me your save

4.40 star(s) 142 Votes