Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
You're not necessarily wrong to think that way... but the ironic vicious circle feedback loop is that, if more people start waiting until games are completed, devs won't get feedback or Patreon support, making it even more likely for games to get abandoned early on.
The problem is we've been shit on by devs far too many times.

We find games we enjoy, we throw money at them and they abandon their games. Everyone's time is wasted and we've wasted money.

Sadly older devs have fucked things up for new devs because more of us are refusing to back new devs until they prove they can finish what they start.

Jul 20, 2017
I'd say the games abandoned now as their patreon - subscribestar and itch.io are gone.
Reported it as abandoned since the dev's accounts no longer exist, but the moderators rejected it. I don't know what their criteria is for putting an On Hold game as abandoned, but I would've thought that the dev no longer existing would have been enough.

ComradeBear

Feb 16, 2018
You're not necessarily wrong to think that way... but the ironic vicious circle feedback loop is that, if more people start waiting until games are completed, devs won't get feedback or Patreon support, making it even more likely for games to get abandoned early on.
in my opinion new developers should have at least one finished project in their portfolio before actually setting up patreon and ask people for money.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Reported it as abandoned since the dev's accounts no longer exist, but the moderators rejected it. I don't know what their criteria is for putting an On Hold game as abandoned, but I would've thought that the dev no longer existing would have been enough.
Seems some of the mods don't like doing their job.

There have been a few abandoned things getting reported they keep rejecting the reports, happened to me twice.

How much was he getting a month from patreon? Just wondering
Wasn't brining in a huge amount but it was growing quite steadily.

The devs did put out quite a lot of content. Considering there were only 2 updates it has plenty of stuff to see. In all honesty they could probably have been quite successful if they had kept at it.

Reactions: Bakkalon and Oxiton

Terribleman69

Jul 31, 2017
God damn this is so sad, the game was great even if rough around the edges with some things like bugs and misspellings. The content was great and it's hard to find futa protagonist harem games. Fuck that ex-gf she ruined the dev's life. Orcmaster if you're reading this, bitches ain't shit bro, I hope you come back.

KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
God damn this is so sad, the game was great even if rough around the edges with some things like bugs and misspellings. The content was great and it's hard to find futa protagonist harem games. Fuck that ex-gf she ruined the dev's life. Orcmaster if you're reading this, bitches ain't shit bro, I hope you come back.
I don't believe that story with ex-gf personally, most of the devs who give up their games make up dramas and excuses but the real reason is that they either wanted to earn more money or they simply lost interest in making the game.
There's a dev who's wife tried to kill herself with a pistol in the head but she failed and now she's mentally incapable and he has to take care of her every day and he STILL continues to work on his game.

HSHS1111

Feb 8, 2019
Just checking in after marking this game down some time last year. Unfortunate that it got abandoned. But yeah, this is the reason my baseline policy is to wait for 6-12 months of releases before actually playing a game.

4.10 star(s) 7 Votes