VN RPGM Abandoned Ordinary Day 2 [v0.45F] [Joraell]

4.30 star(s) 9 Votes

Dragn

Jun 11, 2017
It happens after every CG Scene. Right now I have to save right before a CG scene, watch it, end the game then start again and load the save to skip the CG scene I just saw so I can continue with accessing the menu.

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
Maybe because it use rpg marker engine, you know a lot of people dont like clicking&walking character around anymore especially when there are a lot of renpy game out there.
Maybe. But Is it means Renpy = Good game to play? I don't thing so.

Aug 26, 2017
yeah
Think I found a bug,when you hit esc it asks if you want to skip the scene even when you are not in one. Makes it hard to save and other menu items.
Yeah.. this make me has to restart the game again !! Now, i want ask.. how to save when we hit Esc it's always ask me to skip or no the scene ???

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
About skiping bug. Iam making new version now without that skipping feature. I must take a look on it in detail why this stop working after few scenes. After 20 miutes, I will replace version. Thanks for your reports guys.

Dragn

Jun 11, 2017
Advice on getting Pledges - Don't make the replay room a reward for a pledge level, make it a part of the game no matter what level. Interested in pledging, but I would have figure which pledge I am already doing to leave and I would not do more then $5. But having the replay room locked behind a pledge is annoying.

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
Advice on getting Pledges - Don't make the replay room a reward for a pledge level, make it a part of the game no matter what level. Interested in pledging, but I would have figure which pledge I am already doing to leave and I would not do more then $5. But having the replay room locked behind a pledge is annoying.
Hmm... Maybe you are right. Will thinking about that little.

Dragn

Jun 11, 2017
Talk to your 10 and up pledgers about it and maybe come up with something to replace it.

Rozhok

Jun 29, 2017
That's not what he said though, he said a lot of people don't like RPG maker as an engine, which might be a reason people are not backing.

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
Talk to your 10 and up pledgers about it and maybe come up with something to replace it.
I decided to make it as you say. Replays will be part of the game. Who want to acces replay room in previous version of game. password is genius.

Dragn

Jun 11, 2017
Pledge Advice - A discord chat room seems to be popular as well, can't help you in getting one though or give advice on best way to give invites.

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
Ok newer version with skipping fixed (removed) and with replay room acces.

Reactions: OldDirtyGrinder
Oct 14, 2017
Ren'Py does not imply a good game, but RPGMaker does imply certain annoyances. If I see RPGMaker then I know the game will almost definitely have all of the following:
  • Limited save system that requires accessing some specific location.
  • Dialog system lacking more advanced features. Re-playing scenes is frustrating.
  • Most likely going to contain an overworld I have to walk around in with questionable graphics or even if good, still can break immersion. Generally with no path-finding and sometimes without even mouse support.
With Ren'Py
  • I can save the game at any time. I can have lots of saves, with screenshots. It's standard and just there, available in same way for every game.
  • I can change settings at any time, including middle of dialog. I can also change how quickly text fills into dialog boxes. Not limited to whatever the dev chose.
  • Some games support rollback which make exploring dialog trees much more enjoyable. If not, I can still save and re-play any dialog multiple times easily. Including in the middle of dialog.
  • Skip option for dialog you've already seen. Makes re-playing with different choices much easier.
  • No overworld. Whatever navigation is presented is up to the dev. This can be both good or bad, but it's more often much better than what ends up in most RPGMaker games.

I know some people enjoy the RPGMaker map style, but I suspect the majority is like me and are annoyed by it. It can be used to good effect to enhance the story by animating characters moving around between/during events, but that's done less often and usually isn't good enough to counter all the negatives.

Similarly, some probably like the limited saving style of RPGMaker games too. It can force you to commit to choices, and some like having to do a slower replay to change their options. I think that's better left as an option for someone to self-enforce rather than the engine forcing it.

There's definitely people who enjoy RPGMaker games. However, many of us instead tolerate the RPGMaker aspects of a game because the rest of it is good and in general are less likely to consider them. I've enjoyed RPGMaker games, but it's almost always been despite the fact it's an RPGMaker game. With Ren'Py, at least the aspects that are going to annoy me are entirely up to the developer.

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
One of the reasons why I dropped it last time is full screen doesn't work properly. It fucks around with my desktop resolution (turns on HDR on my big screen) and only uses half the screen.

Would you play a game that looks like this? I honestly didn't get past the beginning. If you look through the comments about half the posters were complaining about the same thing the previous release but they couldn't even get it to load. Maybe why you are losing patrons.

4.30 star(s) 9 Votes