VN RPGM Abandoned Ordinary Day 2 [v0.45F] [Joraell]

4.30 star(s) 9 Votes

mrbtwice

May 13, 2017
i might be a complete idiot, but how do you beat the mini game when making the poster with the bar that slides back and forth? sometimes i press space and it will go the other way, sometimes it does nothing

Epholos

Dec 15, 2017
Well, you got your answer now, unless you change away from rpgm I really don´t see you getting alot more backers.
It is not just about wasting your time walking around, the lack of convenient features such as saving whenever you want and so on but rpgm just not being able to properly handle animations and higher resolution pictures resulting in input lag and worse.
Dont even bother defending it as that won´t make us less turned off by it.
Character models i have seen in like a billion other cheap v0.1 "games" dont help either.

Oct 14, 2017
I gave it another try and reminded of some reasons I got turned off early on.

I have a fairly beefy pc but the game starts out with an animation of title menu sliding in that's super jerky. Gave a really poor first impression. These aren't complex operations to perform for an engine. They should be silky smooth on even a toaster of a PC these days. I like the thought behind it, but how it actually works I'd suggest removing the animation, or finding a way to make it smooth.

Also as mentioned, I like mouse controls. However as soon as you hit f5 or f6 to go full screen or larger size, the mouse frequently stops working completely until you go back to the tiny size. Mouse clicks are also just acting as z/enter and x/escape. You can be clicking through dialog and then suddenly agree to some decision you weren't expecting. Partially aggravated by there being no way to make the text appear instantly. Pet peeve of mine but i often read it as fast as it's scrolling in or faster and it bothers me as it animating is distracting to reading it. So i click for it to appear and click again to advance which means a lot of rapid clicking, and frequently wanting to pre-empt the next dialog to fill automatically, so I'm clicking and then selecting some action by accident.

Even more fun, the title menu doesn't change the highlighting when using the mouse, making it super easy to click exit instead of Continue etc.

Basically makes itself abundantly clear it expects you to play with a gamepad or z/x/arrows like most RPGMaker games, and be aggravated by that, or play with mouse and deal with its problems instead.

All of this can be fixed, and you do appear to be using the rpg aspects, but I can see why you'd lose patrons or not gain much more. If you're going to use RPGMaker then you need to invest a decent amount of time working around all of it's flaws or people are going to be turned off. And as mentioned many won't even download it to try when they see it's RPGM. Granted with Ren'Py bad coding can also turn off people, but at least a lot of the core is there and just works. With a Ren'Py game I'm checking if they made something good or bad. With RPGM, I'm checking if they polished a turd into something playable.

Oct 14, 2017
So realized what it's doing, when using f6 or f5, the mouse only works for the top left section that's the resolution it was before resizing, and gets mapped to the larger view, so have to move mouse there, then it moves around fast on the main view.

Reactions: Joraell

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
i might be a complete idiot, but how do you beat the mini game when making the poster with the bar that slides back and forth? sometimes i press space and it will go the other way, sometimes it does nothing
Hi use keyboard arrows to "stay in the range" or you can disable that minigames with the switch on the wall of the main character room.

Kaidman

Dec 8, 2017
I like the images I'll try this out I just wish these types of games weren't so taxing on my comp I literally have to stop everything to run these games

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
What the fuck do I have to do with the fucking fail-o-meter?
I replyed on this same question post up yours.

"Hi use keyboard arrows to "stay in the range" or you can disable that minigames with the switch on the wall of the main character room."

supermanz95

Aug 7, 2016
Dude, this has to be one of the most hilarious games I played in quite some time, from animation loading screen's like in the 90's to choppy animations to copyright music to having a gay roomate that bullies you and silly dialogue.
Overall I never play RPGM games because of various reasons stated above, but gave this one a chance randomly simply because it was supposedly linear and prospects of Futa, but still somehow managed to miss more than half the scenes after I unlocked the gallery room.

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
Dude, this has to be one of the most hilarious games I played in quite some time, from animation loading screen's like in the 90's to choppy animations to copyright music to having a gay roomate that bullies you and silly dialogue.
Overall I never play RPGM games because of various reasons stated above, but gave this one a chance randomly simply because it was supposedly linear and prospects of Futa, but still somehow managed to miss more than half the scenes after I unlocked the gallery room.
Thanks for comment and give it my game a try :) Hope you will try next updates. I was make some bigger changes at RPGM in actual version 0.32.

One new picture:

Reactions: GinNew and elmandor
4.30 star(s) 9 Votes