VN RPGM Abandoned Ordinary Day 2 [v0.45F] [Joraell]

4.30 star(s) 9 Votes

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
I gave it another try and reminded of some reasons I got turned off early on.

I have a fairly beefy pc but the game starts out with an animation of title menu sliding in that's super jerky. Gave a really poor first impression. These aren't complex operations to perform for an engine. They should be silky smooth on even a toaster of a PC these days. I like the thought behind it, but how it actually works I'd suggest removing the animation, or finding a way to make it smooth.

Also as mentioned, I like mouse controls. However as soon as you hit f5 or f6 to go full screen or larger size, the mouse frequently stops working completely until you go back to the tiny size. Mouse clicks are also just acting as z/enter and x/escape. You can be clicking through dialog and then suddenly agree to some decision you weren't expecting. Partially aggravated by there being no way to make the text appear instantly. Pet peeve of mine but i often read it as fast as it's scrolling in or faster and it bothers me as it animating is distracting to reading it. So i click for it to appear and click again to advance which means a lot of rapid clicking, and frequently wanting to pre-empt the next dialog to fill automatically, so I'm clicking and then selecting some action by accident.

Even more fun, the title menu doesn't change the highlighting when using the mouse, making it super easy to click exit instead of Continue etc.

Basically makes itself abundantly clear it expects you to play with a gamepad or z/x/arrows like most RPGMaker games, and be aggravated by that, or play with mouse and deal with its problems instead.

All of this can be fixed, and you do appear to be using the rpg aspects, but I can see why you'd lose patrons or not gain much more. If you're going to use RPGMaker then you need to invest a decent amount of time working around all of it's flaws or people are going to be turned off. And as mentioned many won't even download it to try when they see it's RPGM. Granted with Ren'Py bad coding can also turn off people, but at least a lot of the core is there and just works. With a Ren'Py game I'm checking if they made something good or bad. With RPGM, I'm checking if they polished a turd into something playable.

In this version 0.35E I was tryed to fix all this bugs and bad things.

U

User_32285

Kudos for all the work you put in (and keeping the game free).

Not asking for a walkthru, but is there a list of missable content?

Would be nice to know what to look out for starting over from beginning.

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
Kudos for all the work you put in (and keeping the game free).

Not asking for a walkthru, but is there a list of missable content?

Would be nice to know what to look out for starting over from beginning.
Hi what you can miss is:
1/Blowjob scene with Jasmine at park WC and scene in girls dressing room.
2/ You can miss some images in sex scenes depending on your sexappeal more is better. For example anal with sister.
3/ You can miss 4 sidequests. "Take care about my dog", "Find my neclace", "My door is shut". "Where is that right room"
4/ One sex scene with Kate on clinic. depends on sexappeal.

But all is avaible after you finish game to the end in replay room.

Reactions: User_32285

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
what mean "QHD" ???

damn i m sooo late in progress XD

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
How can I win poster making....? I tried at least 20 times but still showing you lost.
Hello you must stay in that movin range or you can disable minigames by switch on the wall in main characters room. red switch.

redghost14

Jul 19, 2017
Is this mtf female protagonist or male protagonist? Notice most screenshots are girls but description says Nick.

Soooooo.............???

Timothy35

Nov 20, 2017
Danke Joraell für dieses Spiel, die Renderings sehen sehr gut aus und die Animationen sind super, nur das Gameplay ist gewöhnungsbedürftig, aber ansonsten ist das Spiel nicht schlecht :)

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
Danke Joraell für dieses Spiel, die Renderings sehen sehr gut aus und die Animationen sind super, nur das Gameplay ist gewöhnungsbedürftig, aber ansonsten ist das Spiel nicht schlecht :)
Vielen Dank

4.30 star(s) 9 Votes