VN Ren'Py Abandoned Our Fate - A new family [v0.15 SE] [CedSense]

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
Someone knows which path is richer in terms of scenes with the "Daughter"? Is there sex scenes with her? I fast forward or avoided the sex scenes with the other characters. Was it the right decision, will they lead to sex scenes withthe "daughter". Thanks for any reply.
No sex scenes with the daughter yet, on any path. With regards of scenes with the daughter, the paths doesn't have too much influence so far. The dialogue is quite different, but the graphics are mostly the same.

• Sad
Reactions: GogolBordello

jonrage39

Jun 3, 2017
Seriously, someone should pick up this gem and continue it. The girl, I just love her. Naive, busty to perfection, classic old fashion kind of beauty like Kim from Vertigo of Hitchcock.

I played the dark path, but until the invested time starts to pay off, the game ends. Someone knows which path is richer in terms of scenes with the "Daughter"? Is there sex scenes with her? I fast forward or avoided the sex scenes with the other characters. Was it the right decision, will they lead to sex scenes withthe "daughter". Thanks for any reply.
Somebody basically did. Look up "Lost at Birth" pretty sure that game was heavily "inspired" by this game. Same broad story strokes but the smaller details and character models are different enough that it's still an original game.

GogolBordello

Dec 19, 2018
Somebody basically did. Look up "Lost at Birth" pretty sure that game was heavily "inspired" by this game. Same broad story strokes but the smaller details and character models are different enough that it's still an original game.
Thanks! I downloaded and will give it a try. Just from a glimpse, I wish the daughter there would be busty as the one here, but will play nevertheless!

GogolBordello

Dec 19, 2018
No sex scenes with the daughter yet, on any path. With regards of scenes with the daughter, the paths doesn't have too much influence so far. The dialogue is quite different, but the graphics are mostly the same.
Yeah, i figured it out after going back playing every possible thinkable path. Thanks for the reply!

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I have a feeling that's wishful thinking.
I assume so, but JIC I'd like to see an update. But yeah, I'm positive there isn't any. I played this long ago and it was one of the major games where I was severely disappointed when it got abandoned. There are many where I'm just like, "Whelp, alrighty then" and I move along (most abandoned games, in fact). This was absolutely not one of those.

• Sad
Reactions: Yngling

Kaasje404

Apr 15, 2021
The main love interest in this game stays undefeated for me, Bella from BaDIK comes close though. Sad to see it end, it was by far my favorite AVN in the past.

Traktor23

Aug 18, 2019
Too bad about the tag, this game was slow to "carb up" but for me it had a good story and very good potential, I hope the Dev will reconsider.

Mookey

Nov 13, 2017
I wish that remake of OF continued. So stupid that Ced shut it down over a year ago with supposed intent on continuing this, yet still no progress. I don't rant developers but it's a bit over the top when you shut down a remake but still do nothing. Obviously this game still has fans (myself included), so I want it to continue, but I'd also like to see the fan remake not dismissively shut down. Ridiculous.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I wish that remake of OF continued. So stupid that Ced shut it down over a year ago with supposed intent on continuing this, yet still no progress. I don't rant developers but it's a bit over the top when you shut down a remake but still do nothing. Obviously this game still has fans (myself included), so I want it to continue, but I'd also like to see the fan remake not dismissively shut down. Ridiculous.
I think it's unfortunate, but I definitely wouldn't call "ridiculous". After all, imagine you were a writer or a filmmaker and you have some real-life, legitimate reason for having to halt your progress. Let's say 3 years down the road suddenly you find out someone has snagged your work and is in the process of hijacking it. Would you really be OK with someone effectively stealing from you just because fans have been wanting more?

I'm not defending CedSense; I have no idea what's going on in his real life. I'm not saying I don't understand the desire to see this game continue. I also would love to see this continue; it's one of the early games I played and I miss the hell out of it. But I don't think fans' desires should ever justify thievery of a creator's work. I don't think there is any circumstance under which that is justified. I would hope a creator is open to letting someone else carry on if they aren't able to, but I would never be OK with someone robbing an artist of their creation. That just feels morally abhorrent to me.

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes