Darklord_1965

May 12, 2020
Why am I unable to take pictures properly? I select the Cell phone, select the camera and I center it on the picture I want to take but it always takes a picture of another part of the screen. I've tried many times and always get the same result. Look at how I place the cell to take the picture I just took and the result.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
Anyone have a list on where I can find the secret images?
and how to unlock the missing scenes

I'm currently missing these and I've already completed all the hints
screenshot0001.png screenshot0002.png screenshot0003.png screenshot0004.png screenshot0005.png screenshot0006.png

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Why am I unable to take pictures properly? I select the Cell phone, select the camera and I center it on the picture I want to take but it always takes a picture of another part of the screen. I've tried many times and always get the same result. Look at how I place the cell to take the picture I just took and the result.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There is a bug in Ren'Py that causes this issue. In recent versions of Ren'Py, it cannot correctly obtain the screen size, and if you resize the window after starting the game, the position of the drag and drop becomes incorrect. Recently, I talked to Tom, the creator of Ren'Py, about this, but I'm still not sure when it will be resolved.

To fix this, you need to ensure the screen is at the dimensions of 1920x1080. To do this, enable full-screen mode and then disable it, which should restore the original proportions. And close the game and open it again (But I'm not entirely sure if this will work, at least in my tests it works well.)

To avoid this problem, do not resize the screen. There are other bugs that occur because of this issue, sometimes you can't even take a picture.

Unfortunately, this bug is beyond my technical understanding about renpy.

Reactions: Darklord_1965

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
That's usually the case when it comes to games that has both. The sandbox version usually has more to it and devs(Not saying this dev, just in general) like to punish the non-sandbox players by removing some of the content.
Well, if all you're playing for is the story and you play in VN mode, you don't need to see any 'extra' side scenes that are available in free roam that aren't directly tied to the story, right? Makes sense if people only want a VN they don't get all the possible items if they aren't story related because then people bitch about to much fluff or a story that goes no where.

Darklord_1965

May 12, 2020
There is a bug in Ren'Py that causes this issue. In recent versions of Ren'Py, it cannot correctly obtain the screen size, and if you resize the window after starting the game, the position of the drag and drop becomes incorrect. Recently, I talked to Tom, the creator of Ren'Py, about this, but I'm still not sure when it will be resolved.

To fix this, you need to ensure the screen is at the dimensions of 1920x1080. To do this, enable full-screen mode and then disable it, which should restore the original proportions. And close the game and open it again (But I'm not entirely sure if this will work, at least in my tests it works well.)

To avoid this problem, do not resize the screen. There are other bugs that occur because of this issue, sometimes you can't even take a picture.

Unfortunately, this bug is beyond my technical understanding about renpy.
Thank you for the reply and the corrective measure. That explains it because I'm running a multi screen setup and playing your game in 3840x2160 on the 65" 4K TV so I'll lower the res. I thought I was the one not doing it right or having a brainfart :ROFLMAO: . I love your game and keep up the great work. Cheers

• Crown
Reactions: OldHiccup

Ghaly

Sep 6, 2020
downloaded the comprissed version and right at the start after chapter0 prologue it crashs any help ?
used the fix still
starting at VN & SB the same happens

Arti0082

Dec 26, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While processing the color property of anonymous style:
File "renpy/common/00library.rpy", line 321, in say
who(what, interact=interact, *args, **kwargs)
IndexError: string index out of range

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "D:\Downloads Browser\Ourhome-2.19.2-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 359, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "D:\Downloads Browser\Ourhome-2.19.2-pc\renpy\main.py", line 637, in main
run(restart)
File "D:\Downloads Browser\Ourhome-2.19.2-pc\renpy\main.py", line 145, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "D:\Downloads Browser\Ourhome-2.19.2-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 955, in run_context
context.run()
File "scripts/game_loop.rpyc", line 72, in script call
File "game/tl/english/scripts/chaps/0/chap_0_prologue.rpyc", line 2, in script
File "lib/python3.9/future/utils/__init__.py", line 444, in raise_
File "scripts/game_loop.rpyc", line 72, in script call
File "game/tl/english/scripts/chaps/0/chap_0_prologue.rpyc", line 2, in script
File "D:\Downloads Browser\Ourhome-2.19.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2560, in execute
Say.execute(self)
File "D:\Downloads Browser\Ourhome-2.19.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 615, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
File "D:\Downloads Browser\Ourhome-2.19.2-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1492, in say
renpy.store.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/00library.rpy", line 321, in say
who(what, interact=interact, *args, **kwargs)
File "D:\Downloads Browser\Ourhome-2.19.2-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1394, in __call__
self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, dtt=dtt, **display_args)
File "D:\Downloads Browser\Ourhome-2.19.2-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1045, in do_display
display_say(who,
File "D:\Downloads Browser\Ourhome-2.19.2-pc\renpy\character.py", line 741, in display_say
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "D:\Downloads Browser\Ourhome-2.19.2-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 301, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "D:\Downloads Browser\Ourhome-2.19.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2166, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "D:\Downloads Browser\Ourhome-2.19.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2688, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda d : d.per_interact())
File "D:\Downloads Browser\Ourhome-2.19.2-pc\renpy\display\displayable.py", line 431, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "D:\Downloads Browser\Ourhome-2.19.2-pc\renpy\display\displayable.py", line 431, in visit_all
File "D:\Downloads Browser\Ourhome-2.19.2-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 485, in visit_all
self.child.visit_all(callback, seen=None)
[Previous line repeated 2 more times]
File "D:\Downloads Browser\Ourhome-2.19.2-pc\renpy\display\displayable.py", line 433, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "D:\Downloads Browser\Ourhome-2.19.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2688, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda d : d.per_interact())
File "D:\Downloads Browser\Ourhome-2.19.2-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1897, in per_interact
if self.style.slow_abortable:
File "gen3-static/styleclass.pxi", line 589, in renpy.styledata.styleclass.Style.slow_abortable.__get__
File "style.pyx", line 493, in renpy.style.StyleCore._get
File "style.pyx", line 717, in renpy.style.build_style
File "style.pyx", line 714, in renpy.style.build_style
File "gen3-static/style_functions.pyx", line 323, in style_functions.color_property
File "D:\Downloads Browser\Ourhome-2.19.2-pc\renpy\color.py", line 133, in __new__
if c[0] == '#':
IndexError: string index out of range

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.2.3.24061702
Our Home 2.19.2
Sun Jul 28 12:39:00 2024
Same here as well just tryed some options and can't even play the Game now because Text options doesn't work for me crashes the game and also starting the Game in different modes and with Internet or Without doesn't had a difference on me hope we get a Fix soon for the Font Colour changes.

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Same here as well just tryed some options and can't even play the Game now because Text options doesn't work for me crashes the game and also starting the Game in different modes and with Internet or Without doesn't had a difference on me hope we get a Fix soon for the Font Colour changes.

Does this happen because you changed the text color before starting the game?
Or does it simply happen when you click on start game?

Arti0082

Dec 26, 2017
Does this happen because you changed the text color before starting the game?
Or does it simply happen when you click on start game?
For me it started after i tryed to change the Text Font Colour after that, the game doesn't launched in any mode.
maybe you can set it back to default in the config but i am not to Familiar with that and better before i start new
Error's i let people try it out who actually familiar with it.
Would be cool if thats fix the option Putting everything back to default.

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
For me it started after i tryed to change the Text Font Colour after that, the game doesn't launched in any mode.
maybe you can set it back to default in the config but i am not to Familiar with that and better before i start new
Error's i let people try it out who actually familiar with it.
Would be cool if thats fix the option Putting everything back to default.

I made some changes in an attempt to bypass this problem. Unfortunately, I couldn't replicate the bug, but I made some adjustments. Can you check if it works for you?

https://f95zone.to/threads/our-home-v2-19-2-old-hiccup.87718/post-14399574

Reactions: Arti0082

Blazehoof

Oct 20, 2017
Is it just me, or does the game load extremely slowly?
I timed it, and it takes like 1:50 from click to main menu...
I'm using a 13th gen i7 with striped disks...
WoW loads faster then this...

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Is it just me, or does the game load extremely slowly?
I timed it, and it takes like 1:50 from click to main menu...
I'm using a 13th gen i7 with striped disks...
WoW loads faster then this...
I've never precisely timed it, but I did a quick test:
  • First initialization: 30 seconds (I disregarded the splash screen time, as it is automatically skipped on the second initialization).
  • Second initialization: 5 seconds.
During development, I noticed that the game's performance varies depending on the type of storage. The game is slower on an HDD and faster on an NVMe, depending on the NVMe. My current one, for example, has read and write speeds of 7,000MB/s ( My processor is just slightly better than yours. ).

Honestly, I'm not sure how much I can optimize this, but I'll keep it in mind. I already follow some practices to ensure the game loads faster.

Additionally, it's important to note that the larger the game, the longer it will take to load. This is natural, so the loading time tends to increase with each update. I've seen worse cases hahaha.

Reactions: Commander Booty

Blazehoof

Oct 20, 2017
I've never precisely timed it, but I did a quick test:
  • First initialization: 30 seconds (I disregarded the splash screen time, as it is automatically skipped on the second initialization).
  • Second initialization: 5 seconds.
During development, I noticed that the game's performance varies depending on the type of storage. The game is slower on an HDD and faster on an NVMe, depending on the NVMe. My current one, for example, has read and write speeds of 7,000MB/s ( My processor is just slightly better than yours. ).

Honestly, I'm not sure how much I can optimize this, but I'll keep it in mind. I already follow some practices to ensure the game loads faster.

Additionally, it's important to note that the larger the game, the longer it will take to load. This is natural, so the loading time tends to increase with each update. I've seen worse cases hahaha.
I tried running it from one of my NVMe SSDs instead of the striped HDDs, and the loading time was negligable.
The HDDs are capable of like 400MB/s, and copying the whole thing from the HDDs to the SSD took around the same time as starting it from it's new place.
So I have to say that there's something funky going on with the loading.
Also, as far as I remember, the previous version did not have this issue, but that may be my memory playing tricks on me...

Edit: Forget everything I wrote here. It was Malwarebytes...

Last edited:

kinghell

Jul 24, 2017
This hotfix fixes some issues in the public version of the game (This update is important).
- Issues with running the game using sandboxies.
- Texts that appear cut off on the screen.
- Inability to close the activity screen.
- Fixed a bug that allowed sending a message to Norah before renting the house, which caused the player to get stuck in the interrogation room.
- Fixed a bug where the self-voice feature did not work during dialogues.
- Fixed some dialogues that were presented in the wrong language.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the player from taking actions at 6 AM.
- Improving the function to select text color, some users are facing issues. I couldn't replicate the bug, but I made changes to try to fix the problem. ( This change will reset the text color when you load your save, but you can change it again, and it will stay saved. )

-

Instructions for Windows/Linux:
After extracting, copy the folder game and paste it into the main folder, replacing the existing file.

Instructions for Mac:
To access the contents of an application, right-click on the application and choose Show Package Contents. Paste the game folder into the Contents/Resources/autorun/ folder.

These errors are minor and can be ignored in most cases, except for the sandboxies issue.
If you get stuck on the character details screen, right-click, save the game, and load the game again.
I am uploading a new Android version, and the links will be updated shortly.
Unable to download the hotfix. Goes on throwing error on the browser from the site.

3.80 star(s) 21 Votes