Doppelgang

Jul 5, 2022
I disagree; it's in human nature to look for patterns and find significance in them, so learning that not one but two of his girlfriends both cheated on him and/or left him for the same guy can compound already high emotions of learning the person you've trusted betrayed this trust.
This is the tl;dr version of my unnecessary detailed argument posted right before :p

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
i have done all that and nothing happens broski
"Nothing happens" doesn't tell me anything. Is the option to "talk about it" disabled, or what? Maybe you've messed up and are getting completely different dialogue branch altogether.

Triactus

Aug 7, 2020
Cindy seems to be having a mid-life crisis, despite her being only 25 or whatever she is. Unhappy with her job, disappointed by her live-in boyfriend, and looking for something in her life that can offer her excitement and an outlet for her creative "passion," she would probably be tempted to cheat on Wade with anyone who provided those things. Ian and Axel happen to be well-placed to deliver some thrills and their artistic/creative activities appeal to her. I don't think any of that makes Cindy a "shitty" person, or at least no shittier than Wade or Ian or Axel. Wade clearly has zero interest in sustaining a successful adult life and partnership with Cindy--witness his year-long jobless stint in which his only ambition is to compete in unpaid gaming tournaments, and he begrudgingly joins Cindy in nights out.

Ian's affair with Cindy is particularly sad because if discovered, it will not only destroy Wade and Cindy's relationship, it threatens to torpedo the whole friend group. But Wade and Cindy are sabotaging their own relationship, which appears doomed regardless of what Ian does. Given how young Wade and Cindy are and the fact that they've only been together a few years, the fact that they are struggling so much signifies that they are a bad match and that a breakup would be best for both of them.

I completely agree with this. I wouldn't call it a ''mid-life'' crisis per se, more of an identity crisis. I get the feeling she rushed into the life she wanted, or what she thought was expected of her (steady job, boyfriend, appartment), but is starting to realize she never really asked herself what she truly wanted. The same thing basically happened to me when I finished college and all those things I wanted to do ''when I will be older'', well I was in it and had no clue how to go about it. I certainly empatize with her helplessness.

As for Cindy and Wade's relationship, there's nothing to destroy. It's already dead, they just don't realize it. They've drifted apart, and Wade has shown no indication that he wants to save the relationship or even work for it. He doesn't care about Cindy, and only focuses on his needs. That imaturity has doomed their relationship. I completly get that Cindy feels caged in the sense that she wants to explore, do things, but she's being held back. Their break-up will probably be a reality check for Wade and hopefully, will push him to grow up. Though I agree, lines will be drawn in the group of friends if Ian's affair with Cindy is discovered. But in the long run, it will be better for everyone.

Would Cindy cheat with Wade with anyone? I don't know, but it's probable. She's in a fragile state and will embrace anyone that shows her how her life could be different. Manipulative assholes like Axel are also a danger for her, in her current state.

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
Many call her shitty because she's selfish and unbelievably petty when things don't go her way. This has been discussed several times on why Cindy is in the wrong more than Wade. You can look it up if you want, but it'll take some digging.
I've seen most of those posts, I think. Cindy does come across as spoiled and petty, but I think our (this forum's) take is due more to the fact that we are dudes (most of us, anyway) and so more likely to side with Wade. I've played ORS through many times, as I'm sure many of you have, and so with a more dispassionate perspective now, I think Cindy is just more fed up so loses her temper more quickly, but we obviously aren't seeing any of the scenes of her and Wade at home that would show more of their dysfunction. Wade's response to their problems is just total boredom and lack of interest. Having been married for close to 30 years myself, I know that if I acted like I didn't give a shit that my wife was upset, that would only result in more upset, petty or otherwise. Wade already lost Cindy, is what I'm saying.

Mfka5

Oct 4, 2022
Woah this game deserves some praise.
Just completed all 10 chapters today, it was very entertaining to say the least.
I personally would like to see more scenes with other "side characters"
Some of them have barely anything.
Since im new in the train i dunno how long do those updates take, im excited for more

boulimanus

Jun 10, 2018
Am I the only one who thinks tagging the thread with version '11 Beta' whilst the files are named as version '10.2' will be confusing for a lot of people?..

Reactions: fishbrain

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
Is there a trick to being able to edit the script? I only edited dialogue and it won't even start up. I've done this a ton with different games but have never come across this before. Maybe because it's not a normal VN?

ScornedBeef

May 30, 2022
Anyone know if it's possible to keep Wade and Cindy together while she cheats with Ian?

(I did do a search, but the keywords i used gave pages and pages of poorly sorted results and i couldn't find anything.)

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
As for Cindy and Wade's relationship, there's nothing to destroy. It's already dead, they just don't realize it. They've drifted apart, and Wade has shown no indication that he wants to save the relationship or even work for it. He doesn't care about Cindy, and only focuses on his needs. That imaturity has doomed their relationship. I completly get that Cindy feels caged in the sense that she wants to explore, do things, but she's being held back. Their break-up will probably be a reality check for Wade and hopefully, will push him to grow up. Though I agree, lines will be drawn in the group of friends if Ian's affair with Cindy is discovered. But in the long run, it will be better for everyone.
Good Lord, it's truly amazing how you can make Cindy as the absolute victim of the broken relationship while Wade is entirely at fault.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
OurRedString-CH11Beta
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Triactus

Aug 7, 2020
Good Lord, it's truly amazing how you can make Cindy as the absolute victim of the broken relationship while Wade is entirely at fault.
Cindy isn't perfect. Nobody is. But Wade's quiet quitting the relationship. Maybe Cindy isn't going about it in the right way, but at least she's trying. It'll take either Ian shaking him out of it, or a break up to make him grow as a person.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Is there a trick to being able to edit the script? I only edited dialogue and it won't even start up. I've done this a ton with different games but have never come across this before. Maybe because it's not a normal VN?
I have edited a text line of game/scripts/story/chapter11_prologue.rpy and it seems to be working for me without errors, so idk. For what's worth i have left original .rpa files intact, just unpacked the scripts elsewhere, made the edit and dropped the altered copy in the game's folder.

See what error(s) you're getting in tracebacks.txt file. It could be something simple, like your text editor dropping a tab character instead of spaces, which Renpy/Python doesn't like at all.

4.60 star(s) 317 Votes