Doppelgang

Jul 5, 2022
It's been a while since I last read / played Our Red String.

Some - in my opinion - rather questionable design choices (that weird "acid trip" - which admittedly was quite creative / funny by itself but still stuck out like a sore thumb from the rest of the story, Lena's awful looking ahegao faces, new Stan, the announcement of new Emma) left me worried about the direction of this visual novel, so I took a break from it.

I remember that in one of my playthroughs I tried for Ian to become close friends with Cindy, hoping that at one point she would break up with Wade to give us the opportunity to pursue her without cheating.

Unfortunately, this wasn't possible in the last version before I took a break - up to a certain point you could be(come) a close friend, but then you had to either pursue her (and cheat on Wade) or stop pursuing her altogether.

I like the idea of Ian be(com)ing Cindy's supportive friend, her breaking up with Wade and only then realising that Ian is all she's looking for in a guy - so, basically, a romantic Ian x Cindy route which doesn't require cheating.

Any chance Eva Kiss added this (optional, of course) route in one of the recent updates?
The ahegao faces were toned down in the final version of that chapter, and Emma is the same as she’s always been—I think you might be thinking of that one sneak peek where she had extremely toned abs. Eva got the colourist to adjust it once people commented on it, and I don’t think it ever was the intention to change her, it was just one inconsistent illustration (that didn’t even make it to the alpha release).

To add to ffive’s answer: Nothing’s been changed about the early Ian and Cindy interactions. I’ve tried to play Ian the same way a few times, as a supportive friend without getting her to stay with Wade. That’s hard to do without drooling over her naked body at photoshoots, as a minimum.

But in the latest update Wade and Cindy are on a break regardless of what’s happened until then (with some variations in how definite that break sounds—we’ve only heard Wade’s version). That might give an option to soon sweep in and pursue her without cheating. But in that scenario you’re already either further involved with her have had to take a step back, meaning Cindy’s probably more interested in Axel that Ian. So I wouldn’t guarantee it.

fatpussy123

May 9, 2020
Ok so I checked the differences between Wade's description of the break with Cindy. I used my playthroughs, one with Cindy romance and one in which I tried to keep them together. In the former, Wade says they haven't been seeing eye to eye and in the latter he says she has been feeling disorientated, I don't know if there are more option past these two.

One thing I noticed was with the Cindy romance route Ian is not present during the discussion and only shows up after. Perry says Ian said he had to take care of something and Ian says he had to handle something from work. Why wouldn't he have the same issue in a non-Cindy playthrough? My theory is after the Gillian scene where it cuts to the chapter 11 title card, the clock will move back and we will start chapter 11 playing as Ian. Notably there is over a week timeskip between Lena clubbing and all the content released for the prologue. In that time I think we will see the break-up of Wade and Cindy (or at least Wade telling Ian about it) and a scene with Cindy right before Ian shows up at the Gillian event scene.

Then once the time is caught up to Ian seeing Gillian we will play that scene from Ian's perspective and probably have dialogue option controlling how he reacts.

Deleted member 1044747

Formerly 'decent'
Donor
Nov 27, 2018
Thanks for the replies and updated infos, guys.

It's good to hear that Eva Kiss reacts to constructive criticism.

I think you might be thinking of that one sneak peek where she had extremely toned abs.
Yeah - not sure if it was just that particular sneak peek or additional infos, but back then I was really worried that Eva Kiss would suddenly turn Emma from this relaxed and slightly chubby alternative girl into a gym queen.

As you can see I'm a bit out of the loop regarding Our Red String.

That’s hard to do without drooling over her naked body at photoshoots, as a minimum.
What? No! Of course my Ian never had such ulterior motives - he was only there to... uhm... support her in trying times! :sneaky:

That might give an option to soon sweep in and pursue her without cheating.
Yeah, hopefully. We'll see.

• Haha
Reactions: SerHawkes

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I’ve tried to play Ian the same way a few times, as a supportive friend without getting her to stay with Wade. That’s hard to do without drooling over her naked body at photoshoots, as a minimum.
I think the drooling can be excused. I mean, even as a friend one would have to be completely devoid of pulse to refrain from it.

Reactions: Samuel Hidayat

Mythos079

Jan 5, 2022
Nah, I ll wait till final version of prologue and maybe it will be changed otherwise I ll use consolde command. Don't have saves from ch9 and not willing to play all paths again :confused::confused:
Well, you only need a save just around Ivy's birthday party, cause the dialogue which set that variable is just after it. I don't think is such a big deal, given it's toward the end of chapter 10.

lucadiadis

May 25, 2018
Louise is good at one thing, she's a good slave on a leash. :ROFLMAO:

Meh...I don't like her. Pretty boring and basic, at 28 she looks like a typical Milf, often unhappy, whining and imposing on Ian all the time even though I showed her that I was not interested in her.
I dont like her personality at all either, I only like her physically.

selberdreher

Dec 29, 2017
That’s hard to do without drooling over her naked body at photoshoots, as a minimum.
My most recent playthrough and probably the one which will be my new canon was about meeting ch7 conditions to compliment Cindy outside Blazer at Wades birthday party with
  1. telling Wade in Ch3 that he has to fight for Cindy and
  2. not going with her to the gallery date in Ch4 and
  3. not accompanying her to the photoshoot in Ch5
which means basically to get on her route with the least interactions and lowest affection points possible and without stabbing Wade in his back.
Voila, it's possible, if you go with her to Shine (ofc i danced apart from her): myIan hadn't have to lie to Wade, i hadn't have to push Cindy into Axels paws (she did it by her own volition) and after kissing her, outside Blazer (what redblooded man could resist that after a few drinks?) myIan confessed to her that it meant something to him.
Looks like myIans suggestion to break up with Wade to be officially together was successful as of ch11 prologue :cool:.

So at the moment myIan is on Cherry's love path, Cindy's love path (ebony and ivory mmmh), he is fucking a highly affectionate Minerva in her ass, he fucks Emma (i'd like to ship her with Perry, though, not sure if that's doable if you want Cherry's love path), because he had to do that to get Alison of his back, who myIan also boned aswell alone and with his eskimo brother Jeremy.

At the same time he has a friendship with Lena, which never got intimate and it led to a surprisingly smooth, drama-free story so far.

My main concern in this recent playthrough is of course Axel, however, because myIan never dated Lena, he is on amicable terms with him, for the time being.

All in all this one quite deviates from my usual approach and i kinda like how it is evolving.

Last edited:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
So at the moment myIan is on Cherry's love path, Cindy's love path (ebony and ivory mmmh), he is fucking a highly affectionate Minerva in her ass, he fucks Emma (i'd like to ship her with Perry, though, not sure if that's doable if you want Cherry's love path), because he had to do that to get Alison of his back, who myIan also boned aswell alone and with his eskimo brother Jeremy.
Yup, a true romantic Cindy deserves as her new life partner.

Reactions: Lexkar83

selberdreher

Dec 29, 2017
Yup, a true romantic Cindy deserves as her new life partner.
Hey, don't judge myIan. They aren't dating officially at the moment, ne?

Edit: and he is in no other exclusive or committed relationship, yet. So he merely expressed his feelings to his two main interests, but as long as those two can't really reciprocate, i don't see the need why myIan shouldn't play the field.

Reactions: Lexkar83

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Hey, don't judge myIan. They aren't dating officially at the moment, ne?
Well am not judging, just sayin'. Let's hope Ian is equally technically minded if Cindy decides to tap her some Axel's ass before she is officially dating, too :sneaky:

selberdreher

Dec 29, 2017
Well am not judging, just sayin'. Let's hope Ian is equally technically minded if Cindy decides to tap her some Axel's ass before she is officially dating, too :sneaky:
This is a risk i can't deny. But on the other hand it would be super satisfying to steal from Axel not one (Lena) but two (Cindy and Cherry) of the hottest chicks in ORS. I like to have some competition, if everything is handed to you without an effort it tends to taste stale.
;)

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
OurRedString-CH11BetaPrologue
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

MinkoSvk

Sep 1, 2020
Well, you only need a save just around Ivy's birthday party, cause the dialogue which set that variable is just after it. I don't think is such a big deal, given it's toward the end of chapter 10.
I have saves only from the end of ch10 , mistake i ll never do again in this game :D:D.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
How many male romances are in the game?
Female protagonist can engage in sexual situations with 5 (potentially 6) male NPCs and one player-controlled male character. Although it's unknown at this point how many of these will result in "full scale" romances, so far only 2 male characters (Ian and Mike) have associated _love flags. I'd guess Jeremy might become 3rd, given relationship with him is mutually exclusive with romance with male MC.

For the male protagonist there's no male options. Dunno if that's planned to be a thing, but the lack of gay tag makes it doubtful.

Blurpee69

Jan 7, 2023
Female protagonist can engage in sexual situations with 5 (potentially 6) male NPCs and one player-controlled male character. Although it's unknown at this point how many of these will result in "full scale" romances, so far only 2 male characters (Ian and Mike) have associated _love flags. I'd guess Jeremy might become 3rd, given relationship with him is mutually exclusive with romance with male MC.

For the male protagonist there's no male options. Dunno if that's planned to be a thing, but the lack of gay tag makes it doubtful.
I giggle knowing that there is no love flag for Robert. It's interesting that there is a love flag for Mike though considering sleeping with him is one of the ways to get bad Jess to show up. Actually, makes perfect sense; Lena causing him to cheat on his girlfriend. Not exactly good girl material.

4.60 star(s) 312 Votes