SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
I just hope she finds her direction: No more rewrites, crossovers, cuts then additions. Also, not a fan of these shorter updates. Yeah, the are more frequent, but they're so brief. Thankfully, the file size is small.
Hopefully but I doubt it. Given how she does everything on a whim and without any actual feedback, I fully expect atleast 2 more rewrites, 2-3 cameos that are pointless at the very least.

In all honesty, she forces herself to try and make theses updates and push them out as fast as possible while neglecting alot. Sh should really just sit down, write out each chapter that she envisions that goes with her story, and stick with it. If it takes 6 months to put out, so be it. Putting out updates at a 'faster' rate doesn't always mean it's great. Some devs, like Classy Lemon, can get away with it because they do a great job and seem to have their story already planned ahead of time. Here with EK, it doesn't seem like it.

Gato21

Oct 16, 2021
Hopefully but I doubt it. Given how she does everything on a whim and without any actual feedback, I fully expect atleast 2 more rewrites, 2-3 cameos that are pointless at the very least.

In all honesty, she forces herself to try and make theses updates and push them out as fast as possible while neglecting alot. Sh should really just sit down, write out each chapter that she envisions that goes with her story, and stick with it. If it takes 6 months to put out, so be it. Putting out updates at a 'faster' rate doesn't always mean it's great. Some devs, like Classy Lemon, can get away with it because they do a great job and seem to have their story already planned ahead of time. Here with EK, it doesn't seem like it.
You are probably right, I don't think she is going to change. I remember hearing issues with the colorist. I wonder if that's been solved?

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022

You can see it from recent example (Ch12 prologue full). EK changed whole holly scene + Lena's gym threesome scene + added a conversation after gym threesome scene. That the result of writing story just on whim. And it will continue and there will be more inconsistencies/changes like these till it is completed as updates will be more frequent so margin of error increases respectively. Welcome to EK's world:KEK:!

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
You are probably right, I don't think she is going to change. I remember hearing issues with the colorist. I wonder if that's been solved?
More frequent updates means more work for colorist in short time(quick updates remember) and colorist was overwhelmed in longer updates too as issue was from CH10 at the very least IIRC. So chances are it will continue as it did till now:confused:.

massifteetees

Apr 5, 2020
I followed this game from the start but didn't know that Evakiss has a colorist. I thought she was working solo. Great art regardless.

Leongen43

Forum Fanatic
Dec 4, 2022
More frequent updates means more work for colorist in short time(quick updates remember) and colorist was overwhelmed in longer updates too as issue was from CH10 at the very least IIRC. So chances are it will continue as it did till now:confused:.
I am still not sure if it is positive that small updates come out so quickly, it is not only about the technical part but also about the dialogues that will take less time to correct, this means that in the future the workload will be greater because you will have to do the corrections that he deems appropriate while working on the update :unsure: :unsure:

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Thx for the info. But she is still involved in the art right? There was an interview where she said she did the drawing by the tracing drawing style.
Yes she draws with tracing, then tweak the faces and some other details, and then the colorist adds colors and depth.

Though I don't understand how he can be overwhelmed by this project alone.

massifteetees

Apr 5, 2020
Yes she draws with tracing, then tweak the faces and some other details, and then the colorist adds colors and depth.

By she, you mean Evakiss right? But by he, who do you refer to?

Blurpee69

Jan 7, 2023

I very much doubt that the colorist would make a livable wage off of just this project alone. Most likely what happened is the colorist had a couple of other projects that all ended up having a similar deadline and got overwhelmed. One, or more, of the projects was going to suffer. I'd imagine an easy choice, depending on the other work, would be this game.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
EK changed whole holly scene + Lena's gym threesome scene + added a conversation after gym threesome scene. That the result of writing story just on whim.
It's not on a whim. The initial version had some weird inconsistences in how the Lena/Holly romantic route and "changed Holly, no romance with Lena" would get mixed. It was pointed out and EK has addressed it, i don't think this is something to complain about.

Andrea9999

Nov 9, 2022

He might have to also feed his kids from time to time....at least twice per week.

Gato21

Oct 16, 2021
He might have to also feed his kids from time to time....at least twice per week.
Maybe does it as a part-time gig? :unsure:
It's not on a whim. The initial version had some weird inconsistences in how the Lena/Holly romantic route and "changed Holly, no romance with Lena" would get mixed. It was pointed out and EK has addressed it, i don't think this is something to complain about.
Makes sense. Thnx for explaining that.

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes