Feb 23, 2019
I'm sad that Robert is being made more likable. The only reason I found him interesting for Lena was that he wasn't very likable. I know that she needs some likable guy characters to end up with but she already has Ian content and almost no content with anyone else so far (though she has hints of future jerk character relationships). So I would rather have nice Ian, jerk Robert, and then whatever future characters with whatever personalities they have. Though I guess if that means that Ian and Robert are two of the only nice guy characters she can end up with and all the others will be jerky maybe it will be ok? I just don't want a bunch of vanilla nice guys to choose from. I want character variety.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
I'm sad that Robert is being made more likable. The only reason I found him interesting for Lena was that he wasn't very likable. I know that she needs some likable guy characters to end up with but she already has Ian content and almost no content with anyone else so far (though she has hints of future jerk character relationships). So I would rather have nice Ian, jerk Robert, and then whatever future characters with whatever personalities they have. Though I guess if that means that Ian and Robert are two of the only nice guy characters she can end up with and all the others will be jerky maybe it will be ok? I just don't want a bunch of vanilla nice guys to choose from. I want character variety.
Have you actually played the enhanced version? The only thing that makes him more "likeable", is that Lena is now more into him for some reason and can be more active in reciprocating. He's still a two-faced douche. He's just better at hiding it from Lena unless she acts cold towards him which makes him lose his cool and show his true colors. But it's nice that he doesn't act like a creepy moron anymore, making him somewhat redeemable. So, to me, Robert didn't become more likeable as a person, but the writing for him I like a lot more. Even if deep down he's a douche, you gotta respect a cunning and persistent dude who knows what he wants. And to be honest, previously I used to dislike him because of his writing, and that he was too pushy and disrespectful, making Lena feel very awkward around him. Now, if Lena feels like she's attracted to this dude, I admit that I feel more inclined to let Lena have fun with him because it doesn't feel too jarring like it did before the update.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Well it is her game. But truth be told i would have prefered she took the time developing Lena's girlfriends, or even Holly and Minerva instead of making the creepy asshole more "likeable" by Lena. Hell even Lena's ex would be more interesting as a focus. :unsure:

bauman

Sep 11, 2018
I would've preferred if Robert wasn't an option at all in the early game. He's a boring and unlikeable character, mainly because of his pitiful attempts at manipulation. Danny the photographer, the whatshisface dj dude, even Ed are better options to fill the role as the early game dick for Lena, if the player wants to go that way.

Reactions: Pointything

Roy26633356

May 16, 2020
Here is my unofficial android port:

Our Red String [v0.5 Enhanced][152MB]

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

you have been warned :
There are some errors you may have encountered but it is possible to avoid all errors

track my other ports at

Feb 23, 2019
Have you actually played the enhanced version? The only thing that makes him more "likeable", is that Lena is now more into him for some reason and can be more active in reciprocating. He's still a two-faced douche. He's just better at hiding it from Lena unless she acts cold towards him which makes him lose his cool and show his true colors. But it's nice that he doesn't act like a creepy moron anymore, making him somewhat redeemable. So, to me, Robert didn't become more likeable as a person, but the writing for him I like a lot more. Even if deep down he's a douche, you gotta respect a cunning and persistent dude who knows what he wants. And to be honest, previously I used to dislike him because of his writing, and that he was too pushy and disrespectful, making Lena feel very awkward around him. Now, if Lena feels like she's attracted to this dude, I admit that I feel more inclined to let Lena have fun with him because it doesn't feel too jarring like it did before the update.
Maybe what I said came off too strong. I haven't played it, I'm not saying I have an issue with the exact execution of making him more likable, just the writing philosophy behind it. It was more interesting to have him be pushy and her feel pressured instead of enjoying his personality and genuinely wanting to be with him. It further differentiated their relationship from, say, Ian and Lena. Ian can also be played kinda like a douche so Robert and Ian aren't necessarily dissimilar, but previously Robert could be a creepy pressuring asshole and Lena could be with him in a less enthusiastic one-sided relationship (which she can't do with Ian).
Having said all that I never liked her that much with Robert either. I just want lots of different relationship options for Lena and don't want them to start feeling same-y. Like a nice guy/healthy relationship with Ian is good, and maybe one other just nice relationship would be good, and then maybe a fuck-buddy relationship with Jeremy where she doesn't tell Louise and it makes Lena a worse friend, and Lena and Stan where Stan can be nice (or he has creepy fetishes or whatever) but she's just way out of his league, and Lena and Axel seems like it's likely to be similar to how it used to be where hes manipulative and cheats on her... etc. I just like variety in both the guys personalities and how the relationship develops Lena's character.

Well it is her game. But truth be told i would have prefered she took the time developing Lena's girlfriends, or even Holly and Minerva instead of making the creepy asshole more "likeable" by Lena. Hell even Lena's ex would be more interesting as a focus. :unsure:
Yeah it's her game I don't have an issue with her changing it to be how she wants it. After GGGB and the start of this game I trust it will be good, just giving my (unsolicited) two cents on fine tuning the character direction. And yeah I agree, I don't think Robert will ever be that interesting to me, so making him more vanilla just moves him in the wrong direction for me and doesn't improve the other characters I'm more interested in seeing. But I'm sure lots of stuff I like is going to come later (and I already really enjoy what we have so far).

I'm critiquing from a position of enjoying the game, that's all.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Hmm since this has the potential to break saves think i will wait until the next release to play everything from start again. :unsure:

Reaurt

Nov 25, 2017
that soon? i am expecting a middle or late november launch for 0.6 :unsure:
Evakiss has a good chunk of the art done for Chapter 6 already. It depends on how quickly she's able to do the rest (coding/writing), given everything. She'll probably post something on Patreon soon and give a time frame. I'm hoping for early November, but middle November wouldn't surprise me.

Reaurt

Nov 25, 2017
I generally agree, Lena being more forward initially does make starting scenes with Richard a little more palatable. Although, I gotta admit, in my "natural" playthrough of this enhanced version, the ol' dickhead part of him came back out and he got pushy again, so I had to kick him to the curb. Anyways, it's a pretty smooth transition from the way it was originally written, I don't mind it much at all.

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes