Brickman

May 26, 2017
Our Red String Chapter 5 Enhanced edition! (revised)

Android version coming soon)
Hello! As I said on my previous post, I've been re-working some stuff on ORS and here's the result! Having some free time during September helped me see a few things that needed to be improved and tweaked to get a better and more polished product, and I want ORS to be the best it can be...
This means, as always, that there might be some problems moving forward if you use old save-files. I know it's annoying, but this is a work in progress, after all... You will be able to play chapter 6 with older saves, but is probable at some point you'll experience some minor bugs, or have problems accessing new scenes, so I'd recommend starting a fresh save at some point. I've tried to make starting over worth it, though...
So, what's new in the enhanced edition?
  • Added cheat mode! When starting a new game, you can choose to start with every skill at 10 points, so you don't have to worry about missing skill-based branches.
  • ANIMATIONS! I've been experimenting with the idea and implemented quite a few animations during sex scenes. It's a feature that has been really requested and I've decided to give it a try... They are just simple 2-frame animations, but it's the best I can do considering my work-load and schedule. I want to hear your opinion on them... Do you like them? Do you feel they add something of value and are they worth the time and effort needed to create them?
  • I've added a couple things to strengthen the driving narrative of the story, making Ian and Lena's personal goals a bit more clear. Lena's situation at the café is also re-worked and better tied to the narrative and gameplay.
  • I've added a few new interactions with Axel and Ivy that will open up interesting plot points in the future. Not including them felt like a missed opportunity.
  • I've restructured Ian's training sessions to be more coherent. I dug myself in too deep giving the option to choose between two martial arts, but it's something I wanted to explore. Now the progression is clearer and makes more sense, and there's also a new goal related to that path of the game: an upcoming tournament!
  • I'm reworking Robert scenes to make him more likeable. Don't worry, you'll still have the jerk you love to hate, if you don't correspond his advances. But I felt Lena had a lack of appealing options 5 chapters into the game, so I want to make Robert fun to pursue if you as a player are into it.
  • There will also be a new naughty scene you'll see over the phone... Just make sure you're in good terms with Jeremy ;)
  • I'll implement a way to track the current day in game, so you always know where the scene you're playing is happening in the chronological order.
  • I've also made some minor tweaks to some stats and restructured the way I compute the variables in the script, but that shouldn't concern you.
  • Some other minor tweaks and re-writes I can't remember now, but most importantly...
  • A character changed race
  • Solved previously reported bugs and typos
I hope you enjoy the new version and keep supporting the game moving forward. It really means the world to me.
BloodyMares helped me out a ton with the bug report and more stuff, but not only that, he's also creating an awesome walkthrough for the game! Check it out !
Now back to work on Chapter 6...

TamaMountain

Oct 5, 2018
Our Red String Chapter 5 Enhanced edition! (revised)
PC
Mac
Android version coming soon)
Hello! As I said on my previous post, I've been re-working some stuff on ORS and here's the result! Having some free time during September helped me see a few things that needed to be improved and tweaked to get a better and more polished product, and I want ORS to be the best it can be...
This means, as always, that there might be some problems moving forward if you use old save-files. I know it's annoying, but this is a work in progress, after all... You will be able to play chapter 6 with older saves, but is probable at some point you'll experience some minor bugs, or have problems accessing new scenes, so I'd recommend starting a fresh save at some point. I've tried to make starting over worth it, though...
So, what's new in the enhanced edition?
  • Added cheat mode! When starting a new game, you can choose to start with every skill at 10 points, so you don't have to worry about missing skill-based branches.
  • ANIMATIONS! I've been experimenting with the idea and implemented quite a few animations during sex scenes. It's a feature that has been really requested and I've decided to give it a try... They are just simple 2-frame animations, but it's the best I can do considering my work-load and schedule. I want to hear your opinion on them... Do you like them? Do you feel they add something of value and are they worth the time and effort needed to create them?
  • I've added a couple things to strengthen the driving narrative of the story, making Ian and Lena's personal goals a bit more clear. Lena's situation at the café is also re-worked and better tied to the narrative and gameplay.
  • I've added a few new interactions with Axel and Ivy that will open up interesting plot points in the future. Not including them felt like a missed opportunity.
  • I've restructured Ian's training sessions to be more coherent. I dug myself in too deep giving the option to choose between two martial arts, but it's something I wanted to explore. Now the progression is clearer and makes more sense, and there's also a new goal related to that path of the game: an upcoming tournament!
  • I'm reworking Robert scenes to make him more likeable. Don't worry, you'll still have the jerk you love to hate, if you don't correspond his advances. But I felt Lena had a lack of appealing options 5 chapters into the game, so I want to make Robert fun to pursue if you as a player are into it.
  • There will also be a new naughty scene you'll see over the phone... Just make sure you're in good terms with Jeremy ;)
  • I'll implement a way to track the current day in game, so you always know where the scene you're playing is happening in the chronological order.
  • I've also made some minor tweaks to some stats and restructured the way I compute the variables in the script, but that shouldn't concern you.
  • Some other minor tweaks and re-writes I can't remember now, but most importantly...
  • A character changed race
  • Solved previously reported bugs and typos
I hope you enjoy the new version and keep supporting the game moving forward. It really means the world to me.
BloodyMares helped me out a ton with the bug report and more stuff, but not only that, he's also creating an awesome walkthrough for the game! Check it out !
Now back to work on Chapter 6...
ahh shit here we go again. but seriously thanks.

TamaMountain

Oct 5, 2018
hmm having played through it I noticed that:

1. mike now has an agenda bar
2. the error that occurs when ivy bumps into axel at blazer is now fixed. also an extra line of dialogue between them is added.

anything else?

Reactions: KDXvd

cognu

Aug 24, 2017
The last fix of 0.5 enhanced edition also "fixed" the lust requeriment in Cindy's photoshop to encourage her to go topless.
In previous updates, you required 3 or 4 Lust, with the first Enhanced version i did encouraged her with only 2 lust point, and with this last bugfixed version, the option is now gone again with 2 lust.

Maybe it was an error, or something that she backtracked after giving it a second though.

Last edited:

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
The last fix of 0.5 enhanced edition also "fixed" the lust requeriment in Cindy's photoshop to encourage her to go topless.
In previous updates, you required 3 or 4 Lust, with the first Enhanced version i did encouraged her with only 2 lust point, and with this last bugfixed version, the option is now gone again with 2 lust.

Maybe it was an error, or something that she backtracked after giving it a second though.
It was an oversight. The original condition is to have at least 3 Lust. Eva felt like it was a bit one-sided, so she also implemented the "requirement" of 3 Interest points (ian_go_cindy > 2). The problem was, Ian has ian_go_cindy = 3 by default if he agrees to go with Cindy to her photo shoot, which means that the option to encourage Cindy became available by default and didn't require anything from the player. This oversight is fixed now and the requirement is again 3 Lust.

Reactions: John Doe Jr.

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
Download android v0.5 Enhanced APK
P/s: Request Link Android Game at my

Reactions: NourX

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
if it's so incredibly boring, don't play it or do it better on your own. Easy fix.

also, in GGGB, the MC was weak and taken advantage of (drugs, gangbang, ...).
Only in the part where she decides (on one of the possible paths) to accept Wilson requests to defend her friend (Dave), which is not coincidentally the best part of the game (not only that branch but the whole difficult choices and consequences in that section). After that Evakiss never ever put the MC in a similar spot (weak), because he\she is afraid of the retarded patreon rules. Hence the boredom where could have been awesomeness. Wasted talent, that's what makes me so sad :(

And yes, I'm acually not playing ORS

Brickman

May 26, 2017
Only in the part where she decides (on one of the possible paths) to accept Wilson requests to defend her friend (Dave), which is not coincidentally the best part of the game (not only that branch but the whole difficult choices and consequences in that section). After that Evakiss never ever put the MC in a similar spot (weak), because he\she is afraid of the retarded patreon rules. Hence the boredom where could have been awesomeness. Wasted talent, that's what makes me so sad :(

And yes, I'm acually not playing ORS
Damn, dude, you've been butt-hurt about GGGB's thug path for two whole years, let it go. That something doesn't cater to your specific fetishes or kinks doesn't mean it's bad. Maybe the dev just isn't interested in that and did exactly what she intended to do.
In any case, ORS is still worth playing, even if there is no rape or blackmail or forced stuff like that. The path with Seymour however seems to lean in that direction or at least that's the vibe I get, he has influence over Lena when it comes to money, especially since her personal and familiar situation is so dire. And now the café is closing and you can choose to help them, Seymour's money would surely be welcome... Not to mention she can try and help Ian get his book published by Seymour, and I'm sure he'll ask some nasty stuff in exchange for that :sneaky:

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes