_DarkDesires_

Jan 3, 2018
Only in the part where she decides (on one of the possible paths) to accept Wilson requests to defend her friend (Dave), which is not coincidentally the best part of the game (not only that branch but the whole difficult choices and consequences in that section). After that Evakiss never ever put the MC in a similar spot (weak), because he\she is afraid of the retarded patreon rules. Hence the boredom where could have been awesomeness. Wasted talent, that's what makes me so sad :(

And yes, I'm acually not playing ORS
Oh that's too bad. There were such delicious setups already with Ed, Robert & the homeless guy for Lena being compromised that I was legit expecting it.

Of course it's Evakiss's choice what kind of game she wants to make. Just sad if Patreon rules have had a hand in that

Reactions: bcool

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

Do you think the new animations are worth it?

Hello! Have you checked the new animations in the enhanced released of Chapter 5?

It's a feature a lot of people requested in the past, but I never thought I could implement it in my games. But for some reason, during this downtime, I thought about trying it. I couldn't really draw, having my arm injured and all, but I could modify existing drawings... They are really simple 2 frame drawings (doing anything else would be impossible right now) but I felt they added a really nice illusion of movements to the still images, making them feel a bit more alive.

I know they are a bit rudimentary, but they are reasonable time and effort wise to produce, but they add to the workload and production time of the game, of course. Overall, what do you think? Do you like the new animations, do you find them dull or uncanny, are you eager to see more or would you rather have me drop the idea altogether?

• I love them
  • They are alright
  • I don't really care
  • I don't like them

laliandra

May 2, 2019
Last edited:

Petro28

Sep 11, 2017

Hello! Have you checked the new animations in the enhanced released of Chapter 5?

It's a feature a lot of people requested in the past, but I never thought I could implement it in my games. But for some reason, during this downtime, I thought about trying it. I couldn't really draw, having my arm injured and all, but I could modify existing drawings... They are really simple 2 frame drawings (doing anything else would be impossible right now) but I felt they added a really nice illusion of movements to the still images, making them feel a bit more alive.

I know they are a bit rudimentary, but they are reasonable time and effort wise to produce, but they add to the workload and production time of the game, of course. Overall, what do you think? Do you like the new animations, do you find them dull or uncanny, are you eager to see more or would you rather have me drop the idea altogether?

• I love them
  • They are alright
  • I don't really care
  • I don't like them
Animations are overall a good idea to lure in more players, but for me, Evakiss' descriptive writing was enough.

Wtershee

Sep 19, 2018
Been reading some of the bios of the characters....and I think Lena needs a little rewrite. Feels off with some of the other character bios I just read.

Mar 7, 2020

• I love them
  • They are alright
  • I don't really care
  • I don't like them
Animations as they are, are fine and dandy. From my POW, it is indeed worth to include 2-5 frame animations once in a while. But, without overdoing that. Imo, the drawing / art quality is top-notch, and that's more than enough, so no point in engaging in overly complex animations that could hinder development progress.

Keep up good work. And I'm kinda sad that I can't support the project on Patreon due to being instabanned there on all of my 3 attempts to register.

xgrotesc

Sep 8, 2016
Oh Im sure there will be since she is Lena's mom and Ian interns for her.
You're mistaken, Minerva is not Lena's mother. There is actually a scene where Minerva attends to a pole dance class from Ivy where Lena is also present and at the end Ivy and Lena discuss Minerva's performance and if for some reason you were mistaken you can clearly see there that she's not related to Lena in any way.

TamaMountain

Oct 5, 2018

• I love them
  • They are alright
  • I don't really care
  • I don't like them
the two frame animations are good enough honestly. what is important is that eva kiss continues to deliver in the art itself and also the dialogue. scenes such as lena peeking on louise with jeremy or lena with the polaroids would not have had the same impact if the dialogue wasnt so well done.

Like some have mentioned Im afraid that investing too much time in the animation will lead to less pictures for each scene, more development time etc.

Redgy

Jan 17, 2018

• I love them
  • They are alright
  • I don't really care
  • I don't like them
Man, I honestly preferred when the game had no animations at all. This two two frames stuff looks hella awkward or maybe it gives me some uncanny valley feeling or smth, I'm not sure, but I find myself skipping through the sex scenes as fast as possible now. Everyone seems excited to have animations, though, so I guess it's just me who's dying inside a little bit, while looking at this :(

Ser Maggot

Donor
Dec 2, 2017
Man, I honestly preferred when the game had no animations at all. This two two frames stuff looks hella awkward or maybe it gives me some uncanny valley feeling or smth, I'm not sure, but I find myself skipping through the sex scenes as fast as possible now. Everyone seems excited to have animations, though, so I guess it's just me who's dying inside a little bit, while looking at this :(
Maybe a good middle ground for EvaKiss to take is the ability to turn it on/off? No idea about coding and if the idea is something easy to do.

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes