RedGlow

Aug 5, 2016
Man this game is so good. I am finishing the game with one route then i am like what if.. then play once more. So many possibilities. I don't think i ever played any other game with choices that ACTUALLY matter. I've also played GGGB and it was also epic.

Reactions: dogedoge

walker188

Apr 30, 2017
I just finished my first playthrough. it can't be said enough, this Dev does not get the credit she deserves.

The visuals are good.
The writing is great.
But the choices and their consequences are unrivaled even in mainstream games.

Your work elevates the entire genre. Kudos.

But I would be remiss if I didn't say that there are one too many variables: wits might as well be charisma, its similar >n real life. And the game doesn't have enough mechanism to exploit all the stats, unless wits comes into play with you novel writing.

Still 10 out of 10.

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That'd be the dream.

I doubt Evakiss would add a Lena/Holly sex scene before the point that Ian/Holly's can take place though. It is noteworthy though that at that point Lena can actually have a full approval bar with Holly, so we aren't necessarily far off from them becoming a thing.

Reactions: Princess Groundhog

doctor13

Oct 13, 2018
I'm not thinking full on sex scene - maybe just a makeout and some heavy petting feely uppies. The other option is that Lena comes back and finds Ivy/Holly at it instead.

Reactions: zOrg5

Idontknowme

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2016
Found one spot where Ian/Lena approval makes a difference. Low approval gives you the option I added with my amazing mspaint skillz.
It is definitely possible to have a less than favourable option regarding Ian as Lena. At every step I refrained from making any choices that positively impacted their relationship and Ian's stats in any way whatsoever.

Princess Groundhog

Nov 5, 2018
I wonder when the actual romance path between them can start? It’s obvious the corruption path is very close, but I’m actually more interested in a more cute and wholesome relationship story. If I were Lena I would cuddle with Holly all day long!

Reactions: BlandChili

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
I wonder when the actual romance path between them can start? It’s obvious the corruption path is very close, but I’m actually more interested in a more cute and wholesome relationship story. If I were Lena I would cuddle with Holly all day long!
Same. I've been sort of curious if the "encourage to poledance" choice is going to have more long-term implications for Holly. I found it very... striking... that her presence in Lena's part of ch. 7 is so heavily impacted by that one specific choice.

Last edited:

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
Did I misunderstand what you said then? I thought you meant that irrespective of how bad an impression you make on Lena as Ian, the game only offers you positive/ neutral options.
There are lots of spots where they ignore approval. The one you're showing in your comment, quoting my comment, is one where this is not the case.
I will explain the sentence, maybe I just did a crap job of writing it:

"Found one spot where Ian/Lena approval makes a difference."
- Should explain itself, I specifically lay out that the moment in the image is one where approval does make a difference.

"Low approval gives you the option I added with my amazing mspaint skillz."
- A joke, but I suppose it muddles my point. My image is one of a playthrough where I tried to get high approval, the bit I added myself with MS paint was just a joke to say that you get the bottom option that's present in your image at low approval.

Princess Groundhog

Nov 5, 2018
Same. I've been sort of curious if the "encourage to poledance" is going to have more long-term implications for Holly. I found it very... striking... that her presence in Lena's part of the ch. 7 is so heavily impacted by that one specific choice.
Right, I think to get to that cuddly romance path we would need to choose more wholesome options around Holly and keep her innocent.

Idontknowme

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2016
There are lots of spots where they ignore approval. The one you're showing in your comment, quoting my comment, is one where this is not the case.
I will explain the sentence, maybe I just did a crap job of writing it:

"Found one spot where Ian/Lena approval makes a difference."
- Should explain itself, I specifically lay out that the moment in the image is one where approval does make a difference.

"Low approval gives you the option I added with my amazing mspaint skillz."
- A joke, but I suppose it muddles my point. My image is one of a playthrough where I tried to get high approval, the bit I added myself with MS paint was just a joke to say that you get the bottom option that's present in your image at low approval.
Oh, my bad then! I thought you were implying that scene with Ivy did not offer a negative choice. I kinda have a whole save riding on the fact that Lena is not into Ian, while Ian is infatuated with her.

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
Right, I think to get to that cuddly romance path we would need to choose more wholesome options around Holly and keep her innocent.
I think this will become more clear with chapter 8. I think chapter 8 is going to become either:
1: The beginning point of Lena/Ian/Holly drama, assuming you had Ian romance them both.
2: Serve as catch-up in terms of approval, those that chose to not encourage pole-dancing will have a chance to increase approval with Holly/Lena here.
3: Serve as a start of Lena/Holly in playthroughs where Ian/Holly isn't a thing?
4: Friendship scene for players that pursued neither Ian/Holly or Lena/Holly.

Or maybe all of them?
I was thinking a section of the chapter would have a scene similar to the "park date" one where all three of them can be present:
It will be, at its core, a Holly/Lena scene but the tone will be determined by the relationship status between Lena/Holly, Lena/Ian and Ian/Holly.
If Ian is pursuing them both there will be a dramatic confrontation here.
If Ian is not involved with either he will not show up at all.

Last edited:

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
Oh, my bad then! I thought you were implying that scene with Ivy did not offer a negative choice. I kinda have a whole save riding on the fact that Lena is not into Ian, while Ian is infatuated with her.
I feel what you are going for is sort of hard to emulate. It seems to me that Ian and Lena's approval is shared between each other (I wish they had seperate approval, oh the juicy drama that could result from either of them having wildly different opinions of each other!)
I also think that's why the approval meter for them is largely inconsequential. Despite low approval, if you choose to play the Ian/Lena scenes, kissing and sex will result, even with tiny "meh" faces in the agenda. And if you don't choose to pursue their scenes they both Ian will state "we're just pals, no biggie" with no larger emotional stakes apparently.

Last edited:

Idontknowme

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2016
I feel what you are going for is sort of hard to emulate. It seems to me that Ian and Lena's approval is shared between each other (I wish they had seperate approval, oh the juicy drama that could result from either of them having wildly different opinions of each other!)
I get what you mean but as you have already pointed out choices seem to take precedence over the actual stats. I don't see just one end-point being available for the Ian-Lena pairing.

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
I get what you mean but as you have already pointed out choices seem to take precedence over the actual stats. I don't see just one end-point being available for the Ian-Lena pairing.
Hopefully there are many more than just one end-point! :ROFLMAO:
Boy it would really be a piss-soaked bow on top of the game, if they ended up together regardless of player choice.
I just feel like both Ian and Lena state "we just besties" if they don't date, there isn't really room for one to be into the other while the opposite not being the case.

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes