bproct

Jan 10, 2020
In most scenes where you must choose they only have 2-3 options ...... impossible to forget what you choose.
Considering he played just as one playthrough, if he does not remember his choices one good trick could be:
  1. Click on one of them
  2. Pushing ctrl
  3. If the text does not advance quickly then it means that was not the path initially taken in your original playthrough
  4. Roll back and choose an alternative option until, when pushing ctrl after it, the text advances quickly

bproct

Jan 10, 2020
If it's going to be a plot twist indeed, then I don't know how to feel about this. Was Jeremy a red herring all along and all those obvious clues were fake just to troll us or was it a last-minute change of heart in order to introduce another male character who is not an asshole (I think we have enough of those already)?
That's exactly how plot twists work :) The audience is tricked into an easy path, then suddenly the unexpected occurs. EvaKiss was prompt in correcting, in one of the comments on her Patreon page, about the theory of having Axel as the guy which Gillian had an affair with:
"I'm gonna kill that red herring now. Ian's ex-gf didn't cheat on him with Axel. The obvious connection between them is Lena, but that's not the only connection they share... You'll find out more in chapter 3!"

But she didn't do the same with Jeremy. What if the asshole boyfriend is actually Axel?

Who said it has to be a male character? :sneaky:
I believe it's too early for her to develop interest in women, but I do believe this will be one of the main paths of her character. We were already able to quicly build quite a good relationship between her and Lena, I see a sexual relationship between them an easy consequence. The only alternative would be her being open to threesomes with Lena and her boyfriend.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
That's exactly how plot twists work :) The audience is tricked into an easy path, then suddenly the unexpected occurs. EvaKiss was prompt in correcting, in one of the comments on her Patreon page, about the theory of having Axel as the guy which Gillian had an affair with:
"I'm gonna kill that red herring now. Ian's ex-gf didn't cheat on him with Axel. The obvious connection between them is Lena, but that's not the only connection they share... You'll find out more in chapter 3!"

But she didn't do the same with Jeremy. What if the asshole boyfriend is actually Axel?
Not exactly, I'd say that's how it works if the writing is lazy. Everything requires build-up, even plot twists if you want to avoid them feeling like retcons. In good stories, plot twists happen unexpectedly, yes, but if you're very attentive to little details and hints, you can predict them, and then it all comes together. It doesn't come out of the blue and little hints are usually there to support the plot twist. In this case, it would be something that contradicts the obvious fake hints, something hidden that disproves the theory.

And this is definitely not Axel. Louise knows who Axel is and she's not the kind of girl who would date such a prick knowingly and behind her friend's back. She has trust issues with men so her guy has to actually be a decent person (new character, somebody like Ian or at least Perry) or a charmer who says all the nice things but doesn't show his true colors (Jeremy). In fact, if Louise's boyfriend is not Jeremy, then we don't know for sure that he's an asshole. The only thing we know is that she is quick to jump to conclusions and is very needy and demanding.

Quintillian

Apr 15, 2019
I believe it's too early for her to develop interest in women, but I do believe this will be one of the main paths of her character. We were already able to quicly build quite a good relationship between her and Lena, I see a sexual relationship between them an easy consequence. The only alternative would be her being open to threesomes with Lena and her boyfriend.
Mmm. I wrote my comment half-jokingly half-serious because I found this theorizing of Louise's boyfriend funny when everything is still on the table, but now I'm really curious. Why do you think it's too early for Louise to develop an interest in women? I mean, for all we know she could already be bisexual. I'll find it a little weird if someone in her middle twenties hasn't figured out her sexuality yet.

bproct

Jan 10, 2020
Not exactly, I'd say that's how it works if the writing is lazy. Everything requires build-up, even plot twists if you want to avoid them feeling like retcons. In good stories, plot twists happen unexpectedly, yes, but if you're very attentive to little details and hints, you can predict them, and then it all comes together. It doesn't come out of the blue and little hints are usually there to support the plot twist. In this case, it would be something that contradicts the obvious fake hints, something hidden that disproves the theory.

And this is definitely not Axel. Louise knows who Axel is and she's not the kind of girl who would date such a prick knowingly and behind her friend's back. She has trust issues with men so her guy has to actually be a decent person (new character, somebody like Ian or at least Perry) or a charmer who says all the nice things but doesn't show his true colors (Jeremy). In fact, if Louise's boyfriend is not Jeremy, then we don't know for sure that he's an asshole. The only thing we know is that she is quick to jump to conclusions and is very needy and demanding.
I agree with your comment, mine was a bit of a ventured guess. The way Louise character has been built so far does not indeed suggest her to be looking for an asshole but quite the opposite.

John Doe Jr.

Jun 11, 2017
Idk if this is a cold take or has already been said. But it's almost guaranteed that Lena has a sugar daddy route with that guy who seems to be Axel's dad/lawyer/mentor. You know, the older guy at the museum.
Yes, that looks to be an option. Which, no homo or nothing, he was a snazzy looking dude and seemed well educated.

bproct

Jan 10, 2020
Mmm. I wrote my comment half-jokingly half-serious because I found this theorizing of Louise's boyfriend funny when everything is still on the table, but now I'm really curious. Why do you think it's too early for Louise to develop an interest in women? I mean, for all we know she could already be bisexual. I'll find it a little weird if someone in her middle twenties hasn't figured out her sexuality yet.
It's of course my personal opinion and I don't want you to get the impression I was in any way criticizing your comment.

I believe it's too early because she seems to be quite into her boyfriend and, if I'm not mistaken, recommending Lena to let herself go with another guy.
It is indeed possible she is bisexual, I didn't consider this option. However so far my feeling is that she would turn her interest towards women as a consequence of a traumatizing event (e.g. finding her boyfriend with another woman or getting violence from him), while at the same time she would find consolation in what now seems to be the closest person to her, at least in the path I'm personally following in the game. She and Lena sleeping together sort of reminds me of Ash and her father in GGGB, sleeping together at first and then slowly turning it into an incest relationship

John Doe Jr.

Jun 11, 2017
I agree with your comment, mine was a bit of a ventured guess. The way Louise character has been built so far does not indeed suggest her to be looking for an asshole but quite the opposite.
No, but she's been shown to be emotionally fragile and needy so even an asshole could get with her if he makes her feel as if she's cared for and gets emotional support even if it's false.

bproct

Jan 10, 2020
Idk if this is a cold take or has already been said. But it's almost guaranteed that Lena has a sugar daddy route with that guy who seems to be Axel's dad/lawyer/mentor. You know, the older guy at the museum.
And that she's going to have an affair with Ed :)

One more pathway I feel we'll get is Lena - Jeremy, since there's a variable set when Ian shows Lena's profile to him and, knowing Jeremy...

John Doe Jr.

Jun 11, 2017
And that she's going to have an affair with Ed :)

One more pathway I feel we'll get is Lena - Jeremy, since there's a variable set when Ian shows Lena's profile to him and, knowing Jeremy...
Will probably be a Jeremy - Alison situation. You either stop him or he'll get her

bproct

Jan 10, 2020
No, but she's been shown to be emotionally fragile and needy so even an asshole could get with her if he makes her feel as if she's cared for and gets emotional support even if it's false.
All our reasonings show how high the quality of this game is. I would not expect to have such deep introspection for at least 90% of the games on this website; the best aspect is that whatever the resulting development of these characters will be, that will always be a reasonable and sound consequence of actions and events in relation with the way the character is built.

There are movies in which a girl gets a flat tire and after 5 seconds she is fucking an unknown guy and Oscar winning movies (with sex scenes, of course). I guess it works the same with games :)

Reactions: BloodyMares

Dysphorika

May 5, 2019

Unlocked

Work on Chapter 3 is progressing. It will be even longer than Chapter 3 and will contain much more character and story development. One of those developments concerns this figure obscured by the dark... What could be going on behind these shadows? Will you try to find out?
Oh, is Ash sneak peeking Nat, oh wait. XD

4.60 star(s) 316 Votes