MingoSuave

May 30, 2020
I wouldve normally let felicia win that round cuz she was clearly the best at it, but I had to rig it since she wanted to go to the 2nd round so bad.

MingoSuave

May 30, 2020
LOL I would let felicia win but Im a bit selfish and want felicia to myself as much as possible. Sadly I put rosalind in the third round mostly cuz Veronica suffered plenty in her qualifying round.

Last edited:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
When the next update will come??
There was a Dev Diary yesterday. Unfortunately, TD's father's health has been getting worse rather than better. Obviously this is terrible news for reasons way more important than its impact on schedule. I still hope things will turn around, but I know this will be an exhausting situation even in the best case. So all my best wishes for TD and his family.

To get back to the game, I'll summarize the news on the next update. They've finished 147 static renders and 5 animations in the 15 days since the previous diary. That works out to ~69 static and 2.3 animations per week, for an average of 93 static and 2.5 animations per week since work began.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
We're still a ways out from matching Update 1's numbers, and of course future progress will depend on real world concerns. Best of luck, TD.

sunaboz

Donor
Jun 25, 2018
All I can say is - eroge are insignificant and family is one of the most important things in life (if not the most important) so take your time TD and spend as much time with your father as you think is best. I would also like to point out , having a friend like this as a co-dev is something great.

Anyway, thank you for letting us know how things stand and I'll pray for your father (yeah, it seems strange talking about praying on a eroge site but just because I'm a pervert doesn't mean I'm complete degenerate).

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
There was a Dev Diary yesterday. Unfortunately, TD's father's health has been getting worse rather than better. Obviously this is terrible news for reasons way more important than its impact on schedule. I still hope things will turn around, but I know this will be an exhausting situation even in the best case. So all my best wishes for TD and his family.
We're still a ways out from matching Update 1's numbers, and of course future progress will depend on real world concerns. Best of luck, TD.
All I can say is - eroge are insignificant and family is one of the most important things in life (if not the most important) so take your time TD and spend as much time with your father as you think is best. I would also like to point out , having a friend like this as a co-dev is something great.

Anyway, thank you for letting us know how things stand and I'll pray for your father (yeah, it seems strange talking about praying on a eroge site but just because I'm a pervert doesn't mean I'm complete degenerate).
Hi! I want to follow my fellow members and wish TD and his family all the best and press my thumbs that his Dad gets better again, despite the recent slump in health. I can relate very much, a couple of years ago I stood at Death´s doorstep, a sneaky illness hitting me hard. It took heavy surgeries, but I made it.
Our loved ones and families are very important and I agree with sunaboz that it is great that GIL is a friend for TD, even when they are developing something together and the currents of Life pushing at them.

As for the Update I just want to mention, that TD and GIL, despite the pressure they have and the health situation of TD´s Dad, they still produce sizeable output each week, that is praiseworthy! For instance, the Dev of "A Wife and Mother" one of the higher ranked eroges onsite, has an output of about 20-30 pics per week, even if everything is going splendid! Or "Female Agent" were it took 4 years for the storyline picking up speed again, but for the cost of losing 2/3 of the content. TD and GIL have the situation of TD´s Dad on their minds, but still produce at a rate others do not reach even when all is good.

Hrk19

Jan 24, 2020
Hi! I want to follow my fellow members and wish TD and his family all the best and press my thumbs that his Dad gets better again, despite the recent slump in health. I can relate very much, a couple of years ago I stood at Death´s doorstep, a sneaky illness hitting me hard. It took heavy surgeries, but I made it.
Our loved ones and families are very important and I agree with sunaboz that it is great that GIL is a friend for TD, even when they are developing something together and the currents of Life pushing at them.

As for the Update I just want to mention, that TD and GIL, despite the pressure they have and the health situation of TD´s Dad, they still produce sizeable output each week, that is praiseworthy! For instance, the Dev of "A Wife and Mother" one of the higher ranked eroges onsite, has an output of about 20-30 pics per week, even if everything is going splendid! Or "Female Agent" were it took 4 years for the storyline picking up speed again, but for the cost of losing 2/3 of the content. TD and GIL have the situation of TD´s Dad on their minds, but still produce at a rate others do not reach even when all is good.
well, wife and mother cant be compared to this game since that is daz3d and this has honey select characters and daz takes a million years to render while honey select are just screenshots.
Also, hope TD's father gets healthy and yeah, his father takes priority over anything else

• Red Heart
Reactions: TD1900

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
well, wife and mother cant be compared to this game since that is daz3d and this has honey select characters and daz takes a million years to render while honey select are just screenshots.
Also, hope TD's father gets healthy and yeah, his father takes priority over anything else
While DAZ rendering takes it´s time, outside the heaviest polygon and HD texture loads it does not take that much time more than doing the same stuff with HS2/AiS, if you know what and how you do it. And you have to see that TD and GIL use a heavily modified Studio Neo to make Pale Carnations, that is NOT just screenshots, I e.g. recognise some of the custom backgrounds and the work that goes into the character art. While the newer Illusion programs have a rather fancy character generator, you do not get this out of the box.
They might save some time with using the "Illusion" stuff instead of "DAZ", but it is not that much compared.

Reactions: sunaboz

Hrk19

Jan 24, 2020
While DAZ rendering takes it´s time, outside the heaviest polygon and HD texture loads it does not take that much time more than doing the same stuff with HS2/AiS, if you know what and how you do it. And you have to see that TD and GIL use a heavily modified Studio Neo to make Pale Carnations, that is NOT just screenshots, I e.g. recognise some of the custom backgrounds and the work that goes into the character art. While the newer Illusion programs have a rather fancy character generator, you do not get this out of the box.
They might save some time with using the "Illusion" stuff instead of "DAZ", but it is not that much compared.
it is quite a big difference.
2 mins per render for the least intensive scene and 5 to 7 mins if 3090 for more advanced scene vs instant render for honey select, so it is definitely not the same

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
it is quite a big difference.
2 mins per render for the least intensive scene and 5 to 7 mins if 3090 for more advanced scene vs instant render for honey select, so it is definitely not the same
While the time savings of using HS2/AiS rendering compared to DAZ rendering are not trivial if you have no SotA graphics, but mid-range or even just internal graphics, there is something here you underestimate. DAZ has a truckload of good, both free and paid presets for both scenes and character poses, more than HS2 has. So some stuff which takes only a couple clicks in DAZ, has to be posed by hand in Illusion progs. This takes time too.
And second, according to the specific thread it is safe to assume that the Dev of AWAM has a render output of 3-5 pics per day on average! He has obvious experience with DAZ, a good render PC and it is said that he works on his game most of the day at full steam. How does that fit together? Even if we give him a render time of 20 minutes per pic (and he has a better rig than that) this would account for only roughly 2 hours max of rendering daily.

Hrk19

Jan 24, 2020
While the time savings of using HS2/AiS rendering compared to DAZ rendering are not trivial if you have no SotA graphics, but mid-range or even just internal graphics, there is something here you underestimate. DAZ has a truckload of good, both free and paid presets for both scenes and character poses, more than HS2 has. So some stuff which takes only a couple clicks in DAZ, has to be posed by hand in Illusion progs. This takes time too.
And second, according to the specific thread it is safe to assume that the Dev of AWAM has a render output of 3-5 pics per day on average! He has obvious experience with DAZ, a good render PC and it is said that he works on his game most of the day at full steam. How does that fit together? Even if we give him a render time of 20 minutes per pic (and he has a better rig than that) this would account for only roughly 2 hours max of rendering daily.
im not talking about the posing, im talking about render time, render time is the reason daz takes so much longer than hs or ai.
for example, sure you pose, but still it would take a 3090 5 to 10 mins to render just one image depending on how complex a scene is, not so the case with honey select. after you make a scene its just a screenshot

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
im not talking about the posing, im talking about render time, render time is the reason daz takes so much longer than hs or ai.
for example, sure you pose, but still it would take a 3090 5 to 10 mins to render just one image depending on how complex a scene is, not so the case with honey select. after you make a scene its just a screenshot
I know what you are talking about, but pardon me, you are fixated on one aspect of making a render, not the whole process, which is more than just rendertime. Yes, the DAZ render process slows down making a pic partly(!) compared to an Illusion render, but not to the extend you seem to think. It might be a factor of 3-4, but not more, it might even be less, since rendertime is only one part of the equation.
I mentioned AWAM especially because of the absurdly low daily render output when everything is okay, no matter the render engine. Several sources state that the daily output of pics for AWAM is 3-5 renders averaged, for making a VN this is simply too low. Even fan art makers can match or top this number with comparable quality! Even using DAZ and what is known of the Devs computer, he cannot be rendering for more than 2 hours daily!
The Def of AWAM does not have the mental anguish of a seriously illl father and still his output of art is well below TD and GIL´s, even accounting for the differences in the render enignes and the following time consumption!

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Absolutely. I second that. Real life is much more important than any game. Please take care of yourself TD. I hope the best for your father and your family. And thanks Gil for helping out. Good friends are hard to find, and being there when times are tough is a sign of a true friend.

sunaboz

Donor
Jun 25, 2018
On the HS vs DAZ talk, I have no idea how any of that stuff works and until I've played Once in a Lifetime and Pale Carnations I didn't have high expectations of games made with Honey Select thinking they weren't worth it (there were some exceptions like Mythic Manor or Murmur and some couple of others but even if they were good they were graphically lacking). However, both GIL and Caribdis have taken HS to another level (GIL especially) and characters they've made look extremely beautiful and sexy. And to be honest they look better than 99% of DAZ models which for the most part are just copied and pasted and I'm seeing the same characters in almost every DAZ game. In PC every character is unique and it can easily match even the best DAZ models IMO.

Hrk19

Jan 24, 2020
On the HS vs DAZ talk, I have no idea how any of that stuff works and until I've played Once in a Lifetime and Pale Carnations I didn't have high expectations of games made with Honey Select thinking they weren't worth it (there were some exceptions like Mythic Manor or Murmur and some couple of others but even if they were good they were graphically lacking). However, both GIL and Caribdis have taken HS to another level (GIL especially) and characters they've made look extremely beautiful and sexy. And to be honest they look better than 99% of DAZ models which for the most part are just copied and pasted and I'm seeing the same characters in almost every DAZ game. In PC every character is unique and it can easily match even the best DAZ models IMO.
that and the honey select models show a lot more emotion on their faces than the stale looking daz faces

SharkVampire

Sep 12, 2018
And to be honest they look better than 99% of DAZ models which for the most part are just copied and pasted and I'm seeing the same characters in almost every DAZ game. In PC every character is unique and it can easily match even the best DAZ models IMO.
While I really love this game, this sentence simply not true. I even mentioned in my review that some characters looks like a sisters - Mina and Hana. Unless, of course, if this is not a premise for future plot twist and they actually are real sisters. Emotions also pretty standard in most HS games, but I must admit in PC Gil did a great job with posing and trying to make micro reactions, but it also can be possible to achieve in DAZ game, if you make this your goal.
I was thinking quite some time, if the devs would make another game on different engine, even in DAZ how it will look like. It can be really interesting experience for player, knowing how they approach the process of creating a game.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
that and the honey select models show a lot more emotion on their faces than the stale looking daz faces
While I really love this game, this sentence simply not true. I even mentioned in my review that some characters looks like a sisters - Mina and Hana. Unless, of course, if this is not a premise for future plot twist and they actually are real sisters. Emotions also pretty standard in most HS games, but I must admit in PC Gil did a great job with posing and trying to make micro reactions, but it also can be possible to achieve in DAZ game, if you make this your goal.
I was thinking quite some time, if the devs would make another game on different engine, even in DAZ how it will look like. It can be really interesting experience for player, knowing how they approach the process of creating a game.
Hi! I possess both programs (legally via Steam and DAZ is free), due to circumstances I have few time to train with them so I am still a newbie, but I know a bit about them. As for the HS and AiS series of games, they have a really great character generator and their "Studio Neo" renderer is quite a nice one. (Optimisation could be better, but for newbies the progs are really great) I hope one day TD and GIL will talk a bit about how and with what mods they make HS purr, they are really good with it. Some techniques I know, others not.
As for Hana and Mina´s look:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As for Daz, it can be a powerful prog, but is hindered by being a fiddly thing (you have to try out much yourself, useful tools and assets can be expensive) and most assets are massively overpriced, few are really worth the cost. That many devs do not do much about changing the basics (and you can do really much if you want to) when making characters in DAZ seems to be the costs. As said, most stuff is way overpriced, that´s part of their business model, many helpful things are pricey, so the Devs use what they bought and don´t invest the time to go above it, understandable by the way.
In addittion, if you do not know what you do, more realism in your renders let´s explode the time needed for renders in DAZ.
When it comes to get out of DAZ the most, Dev "After Choices" shows what is possible with the program and he/she gives tipps and stuff out for free!

4.90 star(s) 477 Votes