GIL3D

Illusionist
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2019
Have you looked into using Webp instead of PNG? Lossless Webp claims to be 3/4 the size of PNG. 25% would be a big difference in the download size at this point.
Our game images are actually webp, even if they are tagged as pngs. TD knows the specifics, he does the compression of statics every time I hand him the 4k raws.

Gil is the best, he made Detective Mina.
NO U ;)
And then there are wild unbound beasts like Red, who should definitely be working on a game. At the very least his art keeps the rest of us humble.

Zerorox

Dec 5, 2021
no offense guys, but the models' faces in ripples, eternum, now & then, once in a lifetime and oppai odyssey look so unrealistic compared to pale carnations', and if they all had the same hair I couldn't keep them apart most of the time - even across different games sometimes.

the only thing thats same-y in PC is the devs bad taste in boobs lol, please don't kill me
You meant great taste in boobs? :unsure:
Yeah, faces in PC look great, I had even thoughts "is it really HS?", body ofc too including perfect godly breast sizes IMO :ROFLMAO:

GIL3D

Illusionist
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2019
that cliffhanger

I would think its the subtlety of body language - including the face, model creation, and crisp renders (and the staggering details of the objects in the environment of course, can't forget those, because I love them)

what is it really though?
I would say posing. Postures, hands, emoting, body language... that sort of thing. It seems we mostly agree.
I also take pride in my character designs but that is highly subjective. My breast fixation is a handicap for a wider appeal.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Someone is being too humble)
I think experienced eye can easily catch Hard and precise work in HS1 studio playin' Pale Carnations.
That´s for sure! I own AIS, due to a nice sale and play around with it a bit. I am happy with the stuff I make, but when I look at GiL´s character visuals like Hana, Mina and Feli, just to name a couple and scenes, there is a huge gap.

Reactions: True_Degenerate

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
that cliffhanger

I would think its the subtlety of body language - including the face, model creation, and crisp renders (and the staggering details of the objects in the environment of course, can't forget those, because I love them)

what is it really though?
someone on the team is definitely an expert in environments, if you look carefully at half the images you see - the models arent even the highlight, i mean they're decent, but it's whats going on in the rest of the scene; knickknacks on shelves, not just modeled appliances but placed with correct peripherials, almost no rooms give off that "I just fired up daz/blender/maya/3dsm and made a room. I will now place teh characters in teh room!" feel...

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
A compromise of compression. PC has currently 20k statics, way beyond most games. We do optimize our video clips too for the same reason. Just a small quality improvement across the board would be catastrophic for our disk weight. It's the price we pay for "the flow", as I like to call it.

I won't dispute your opinion about Jes' work, I share it too. He is undoubtedly the master of HS1 light, and its most gifted animator in the AVN scene. Zanith is definitely in that conversation too. My strengths lie elsewhere. As do Lykanz's, frequently forgotten but easily the most well-rounded. Arguably though, it's a matter of preference and taste. I think all of us surviving HS1 artists are currently at a level at which we shouldn't look at each other to compete, but rather, to learn.

Regarding HS2, I'm partial to Cryo's studio work, I consider him the reference. Cari is not as focused on pure technical studio work, but he is a genius editor with a very sharp sense of pace and display rhythm. I'd be happy with just a fraction of it.

All solid work, but honestly? It's the exceptional writing and characters that has this game shuffling with Now & Then for the top spot in my opinion. If it didn't look as good, it would detract somewhat from the experience, but I'd still be here for the story all the same.

Also, I always get a kick out of seeing the repurposed statue of Azura from TESIII: Morrowind (scratch that, it's actually the one from Skyrim) sitting in the exhibition hall.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
All solid work, but honestly? It's the exceptional writing and characters that has this game shuffling with Now & Then for the top spot in my opinion. If it didn't look as good, it would detract somewhat from the experience, but I'd still be here for the story all the same.

Also, I always get a kick out of seeing the repurposed statue of Azura from TESIII: Morrowind (scratch that, it's actually the one from Skyrim) sitting in the exhibition hall.

nice spot there

Zerorox

Dec 5, 2021

Yeah, Kathleen is Evil incarnation of Azura, and I was wandering why MC gets such strange dreams on her route... :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

Jul 9, 2020

That's not really a big deal, after all there is a real life hotel in Turkey with the statue. ,

4.90 star(s) 477 Votes