Jan 21, 2023
You're saying nonsense, both last updates took 6 months to come up. So for more than a year, this hasn't been the case. Gil and TD are clearly not as productive as they were in the beginning.
There is literally a guy a couple of pages back who has been posting metrics on the renders/animations/story per week and has a comparison chart with previous updates.

https://f95zone.to/threads/pale-carnations-ch-4-update-2-public-mutt-jeff.50281/post-11140944

Updates may take shorter/longer amounts of time depending on the content but bitching about their productivity is unfair. What are your grounds for claiming they are not productive? You can see the numbers in the linked post and you can see it is consistent.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
I can't bring myself to choose any options that are even slightly mean to the women in this game
They will get my love, respect & kindness for the whole game.
They all deserve to be treated like the beautiful angels they are.

On my first playthrough, after reading the premise of the game, I wanted my MC to be as evil and sadistic as possible. Due to the writing I started to get emotionally involved with the characters though and that resolve to be evil and to do harm did dwindle very quickly. :HideThePain:

Last edited:

geminiw45

Dec 22, 2018
Fantastic game!I was (pleasantly) surprised by the amount of perversion, and I'm not against being made uncomfortable, since it went quite deep in many areas and also catered to some of my favorite kinks.

Oh and great job with underwear and heels, love these and the attention to details - :love:

namelessone22

Oct 4, 2018
The Hana update (Ch4Up1) took three and a half months and the last one (Ch4Up2) was five and a half months.

Just mentioning that for posterity's sake and not disputing the spirit of it, as both GIL and I have been unhappy with the speed in-game days have been progressing. As an aside, Ch3Up4 did take six months, but the output there was insane. 600 more images than the next closest update. It more than justified the increase in time from Ch3Up3.
So when would the next update be due?
(just a rough estimate - I don't actually mind it taking a bit longer as you guys always produce quality stuff - I just like having a rough idea of the release date) :)

namelessone22

Oct 4, 2018
The Hana update (Ch4Up1) took three and a half months and the last one (Ch4Up2) was five and a half months.

Just mentioning that for posterity's sake and not disputing the spirit of it, as both GIL and I have been unhappy with the speed in-game days have been progressing. As an aside, Ch3Up4 did take six months, but the output there was insane. 600 more images than the next closest update. It more than justified the increase in time from Ch3Up3.

Also, (and this is just me personally - obviously)
I'd love if we could get some content down the track (and ending material)
where Veronica gets to enjoy the MaleDom & BDSM (maybe petplay as well - toofar?)
This would be for the personal relationship with the MC, not connected with the club
(I'm sure there's all sorts of freaky stuff planned for that)
(Just trying to think of how you could do it without turning her into a complete bimbo - I hate that stuff :mad:)

* Maybe something about her loving/trusting you & learning to let go & this helping with the stuff going through her head? (don't know)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

And ironically, to agree with Joshy92 & Takkatakka's posts,

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I also enjoyed the romancing or 'caretaking' side of the story with the Carnations and the rest of the characters.

(Probably should have put this in a PM - feel free to send me one with a response if you'd prefer)
Keep up the great work guys :)

(Oh and Black Sails was awesome!) :cool:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
You're saying nonsense, both last updates took 6 months to come up. So for more than a year, this hasn't been the case. Gil and TD are clearly not as productive as they were in the beginning.
No update has taken a full six months, though Chapter 3 Update 4 and Ch4 Up2 have come close:
Personally I'm not too worried by the development time as long as the end result is still worth playing and so far I have not been disappointed. If the devs' new work flow can speed things up so much the better, but quality still trumps quantity in my book.

Last edited:

camube

Jun 4, 2022
No update has taken a full six months, though Chapter 3 Update 4 and Ch4 Up2 have come close:
Personally I'm not too worried by the development time as long as the end result is still worth playing and so far I have not been disappointed. If the devs' new work flow can speed things up so much the better, but quality still trumps quantity in my book.
is Ch4Up3 aiming to be bigger, render and/or story-wise than Ch4Up2?
150 days would put it at September 1st give or take

If the development is as long as Ch4Up2, we'd get our update at mid-Sept give or take?

Reactions: Blueray

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
is Ch4Up3 aiming to be bigger, render and/or story-wise than Ch4Up2?
150 days would put it at September 1st give or take

If the development is as long as Ch4Up2, we'd get our update at mid-Sept give or take?
We don't know how big Chapter 4 Update 3 is going to be. If it ends soon after the date with Veronica it will probably wind up taking something in the 130-ish day range. If it goes into some of the morning activities on Wednesday morning it might be more on the order of Ch4 Up2's 166 days (i.e. a mid-September release as you said). But if the update continues all the way through Felicia's sugar baby audition in the evening it will likely be the biggest update ever and all bets are off.

Personally I think they'll err on the side of quicker releases and wrap things up after Veronica's event, but that's just a guess. It's hard to say with any certainty since I don't know if that's a suitable stopping point for the narrative.

camube

Jun 4, 2022
We don't know how big Chapter 4 Update 3 is going to be. If it ends soon after the date with Veronica it will probably wind up taking something in the 130-ish day range. If it goes into some of the morning activities on Wednesday morning it might be more on the order of Ch4 Up2's 166 days (i.e. a mid-September release as you said). But if the update continues all the way through Felicia's sugar baby audition in the evening it will likely be the biggest update ever and all bets are off.

Personally I think they'll err on the side of quicker releases and wrap things up after Veronica's event, but that's just a guess. It's hard to say with any certainty since I don't know if that's a suitable stopping point for the narrative.
i read the patreon update posts, it doesn't look like they are going for Felicia's part this update.

campesino1

Sep 22, 2017
The game is awesome and I'm impressed that it's developed with Ren'Py. one of the best I've played in recent years. The only thing that saddens me is that it doesn't have a Harem route, with all the girls being the MC's girlfriends.

Reactions: RandyPhoenix

Arzeth

Dec 9, 2022
Simply one of the greatest masterpieces of Visual Novels ever made.

Hana best girl, god tier personality

4.90 star(s) 480 Votes