agrdtcwa

Aug 4, 2023
So, it was either a short update for some people (who are trying to stay faithful to Hana) or a medium sized update (for those who went for either the Rosie or Veronica scenes). All of it was pretty stellar, but it still piss me off. The update should have waited to end until after the event with Felicia at the art gallery. That would have given us an update with Hana, Mina, Rosie, Veronica and Felicia events. It just feels like they kind of fucked us over by ending there.

No, and they never will.
Nobody fucked anyone over. Its not like content is getting cut. If it pisses you off just skip updates going forward and play them all in a single batch in the future when you think there is enough content for you to enjoy. The devs were very transparent with what can be expected this update.

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
Nobody fucked anyone over. Its not like content is getting cut. If it pisses you off just skip updates going forward and play them all in a single batch in the future when you think there is enough content for you to enjoy. The devs were very transparent with what can be expected this update.
If it wasn't for the fact that the mods are notorious for warning me over minor shit, I'd tell you what I think of your comment.

TD1900

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
So, it was either a short update for some people (who are trying to stay faithful to Hana) or a medium sized update (for those who went for either the Rosie or Veronica scenes). All of it was pretty stellar, but it still piss me off. The update should have waited to end until after the event with Felicia at the art gallery. That would have given us an update with Hana, Mina, Rosie, Veronica and Felicia events. It just feels like they kind of fucked us over by ending there.
Believe me, I would've preferred a full Carnation update, but it would mean doubling the development time for this cycle. Because it wouldn't just be "...and the Felicia scene" on top of what's there, it'd be the totality the next day too, which has more to it than the art gallery date. There is 12 days left in the schedule and a lot of moving parts, and rushing to include another day in a time frame we feel comfortable with would mean cutting corners and running on an empty gas tank as a 1,800 image and 64 animation update doubled.

When it's all said and done, and the game is completed in total, I hope the whole VN provides a satisfying experience and not just a satisfying update that pleases everyone.

BrockLanders

Aug 8, 2020
This is the unfortunate reality of releasing a character-focused, content optional story in a serialized format and exactly why we communicate ahead of time what's being focused on.We simply can't cover all the bases with every update, not in the way we'd feel like we did justice to what we have planned. I know it sucks if you're not interested in some of that content, and I recognize it may kill your enthusiasm for the project, but it's one of those things that is what it is.

Thanks for the feedback, and I hope you'll enjoy the next one.

There's 5 different h-scenes in this update. Trust me, I haven't forgotten what kind of game this is.
It's not my fault if you avoid them. :KEK:
I'd rather you did it this way than do the fan-service buffet that sort of throws off the plot over time in some of these other stories. And, honestly, I bet people that get disappointed about these updates will look back overall and agree. It definitely, definitely sucks to be both caught up and have a best girl :p

Reactions: Biscardone

world99

Jul 19, 2023
Believe me, I would've preferred a full Carnation update, but it would mean doubling the development time for this cycle. Because it wouldn't just be "...and the Felicia scene" on top of what's there, it'd be the totality the next day too, which has more to it than the art gallery date. There is 12 days left in the schedule and a lot of moving parts, and rushing to include another day in a time frame we feel comfortable with would mean cutting corners and running on an empty gas tank as a 1,800 image and 64 animation update doubled.

When it's all said and done, and the game is completed in total, I hope the whole VN provides a satisfying experience and not just a satisfying update that pleases everyone.

Ill wait because this stuff takes a lot of time, to make for sure the update is going to be longer so i know this will take up to a year just like other games that taking two years.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
There is 12 days left in the schedule and a lot of moving parts, and rushing to include another day in a time frame we feel comfortable with would mean cutting corners and running on an empty gas tank as a 1,800 image and 64 animation update doubled.
There are always pro and cons, no matter how one tries to do it. DPC tries to give substantial content for every path with every update, so now his updates are at well over 5,000 renders and 250 animations...and take about a year (which is actually still an impressive output for "just" a year).

And even with Eternum, where there are no real "paths" Caribdis has pretty much split up the LIs in two groups for even and uneven patches now, so that only about half really features in every patch.

Reactions: ename144

crunchycake

Jun 3, 2020

I am really glad the dev does have a clear vision of what the final product will be, and more importantly, have a plan to achieve it.

And you guys' updates have convinced me to put my trust in your creative direction.

so... Just like the MC said before he got his slick haircut.....

"Whatever you think is best"

thx for the awesome update.

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
Android port, when starting it will be in Portuguese Brazil, just in settings and change to English.

Reactions: Henr11

Kaintfm

Apr 26, 2021
So does anyone have a save where you can do the Veronica content I can't do anything with her
I'm sure it has been mentioned elsewhere, but with the way Ren'Py treats saves, it's a significant risk to use someone else's. It's extremely easy to fill a save with malicious code. I recommend you set the TAB key, load a save from just before the spider scene, use the cheat mod to raise Veronica's stats, then when you get the option to hug her, do it. TAB some more, and you'll get the date scene. It's only about two or three updates back, so with fast forwarding it should only take 10 - 15 minutes tops.

PunkHooligan

Onion Ninja
Donor
Aug 10, 2020
So it's broken saves rather than the mod
Don't have a single clue about renpy, but I've heard that problem may be caused by using another mod previously. Modders come and go plus because we see updates rarely I have no idea what mod I've been using myself. Can't load any saves too. There's one very kind and generous modder on these forums but I just can't ask him to help, because I think he would've, although we aren't acquintances, only because he's a good guy.

Wooloomooloo

Apr 8, 2018
I'm sure it has been mentioned elsewhere, but with the way Ren'Py treats saves, it's a significant risk to use someone else's.
Dude, with the way things are going in the indy hentai scene, the real threat is DYING OF OLD AGE BEFORE ANYTHING HAPPENS ON YOUR PLAY BRANCH, rather than "getting hacked". Get your threat model right...

OctoPriest

Mar 28, 2017
Just found this game for the first time under the Latest Updates page, and, it has ZERO RIGHT being so damn good. Like, legitimately hands down the best use of HS I've ever seen and the amount of polish what with the transitions and background music, but also just the sheer depth to the story and characters. Usually there's this sorta... lopsidedness with ero games, with either plot or "plot" just there as almost an afterthought. But... to see them blended so well like this, where it's actually MEANINGFUL to story development and has you stopping to ponder your choices rather than just trying to collect all the H-scenes, feeling the emotional weight behind those decisions... Just, yeah, beautifully well written. 10 outta 10. Amazing job!!!

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Ok, so i get i'm just being silly cause playing the game will obviously explain things to me but i'm impatient and want to know, given the game is about a brothel, i searched for ntr/sharing and got a lot of responses that said 'nope' and that's cool, i could play with or without it depending on the quality of the game, i don't mind going outside my personal tastes for a good story, but now i'm left wondering how you can not have ntr with a game about brothel girls, aren't they boning clients every night? How's it actually work? I'm not an ntr guy but i'm not at all militant about it and i can still get into a story where the LI's are working girls if that's what they are, could be very interesting, but yeah, i guess i just don't know what this game actually is and want to know how i should be expecting things to go.

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
Ok, so i get i'm just being silly cause playing the game will obviously explain things to me but i'm impatient and want to know, given the game is about a brothel, i searched for ntr/sharing and got a lot of responses that said 'nope' and that's cool, i could play with or without it depending on the quality of the game, i don't mind going outside my personal tastes for a good story, but now i'm left wondering how you can not have ntr with a game about brothel girls, aren't they boning clients every night? How's it actually work? I'm not an ntr guy but i'm not at all militant about it and i can still get into a story where the LI's are working girls if that's what they are, could be very interesting, but yeah, i guess i just don't know what this game actually is and want to know how i should be expecting things to go.
All I can say is this game is really different from just about any I have ever played. Here your decisions are basically become a super jerk or fake being a super jerk and actually be a nice guy underneath it all. so, it's difficult to answer your question but basically several of the girls can become actual LI's I guess that's why there could be possible NTR but they also work in a brothel so to speak as you say. So all in all it's not traditional ntr but there are scenes that can make some people uncomfortable because there are several options that I don't want to spoil for you but you will basically see others having their fun at times. So imo there is no definitive answer to your question as it's a matter of perspective. I personally am not a fan of NTR at all but I do enjoy this game there are some scenes I don't care for but I knew that was a possiblity when I started so I just tried to go with the choices that I wanted and not any preset or pre determined outcomes if you will. I tried to make my choices fit the moment. I know that's not very helpful probably but I would suggest giving it a try and see what you think...
Edit: Ok so above instead of LI's I should say something more like friendly fuck buddies or something. Beyond that not sure. There is one carnation I really like though so maybe in the future we will get a chance to see if there could be something more to it but I'm not the dev so... he says they are just contestants then who knows what the future holds.

Last edited:
4.90 star(s) 473 Votes