sunaboz

Donor
Jun 25, 2018
(...) The update should have waited to end until after the event with Felicia at the art gallery. That would have given us an update with Hana, Mina, Rosie, Veronica and Felicia events. It just feels like they kind of fucked us over by ending there. (...)
You can always skip this update and wait for the next one at least 4 months (probably more), it shouldn't make you any difference. Meanwhile the rest of us prefer shorter intervals between updates instead of waiting 8 months or more.

TD has been very clear from the start and in this very thread (and on patreon and on Discord) he emphasised (several times, starting 4 months ago when previous update came out that it might be the case if they won't decide on bigger update) that if you're not on Veronica's path the update may feel short. In the OP you also have clear changelog so the choice is very simple.

world99

Jul 19, 2023
TD1900 Damn it man, I can't tell if I want to go through with fucking Veronica or not. On the one hand, the game and dialogue kept telling me over and over not too.

On the other hand, the scenes are just so freaking hot. And the pool talk about shotput was awesome.

On the other other hand, all the talk of Veronica being a 'conquest' really struck close to home. I'm a sucker for when video game characters get to participate in the conversation about their role in the story.
bruh get it too i just want to fuck that red muscle bitch! she is so hot would let her spit on me.

Nov 8, 2017
Wild how this incredible game with great developers keeps it on same bad track of taking half a year for updates... and this update with 0 content for 66% of the fans.
They used to put so much effort into animation as well. They are still good but the new scenes while good they lack creativity and seems to cut short of the work .... they get all these angles on normal conversations and slight adjustments of the models BUT when it comes to the actual sexual stuff like the handjob that was same one animation with with a bit of speed before the cum... or bj in this update they didnt do what they could do and are able to do... seems they get lazy or something. no extra movement from girl just one animation(which i agree is great) but yeah.. lazy unlike other times they proved that can be done better AND IN FASTER UPDATE TIME.

I bet they are proud especially of the freaking dance scene.. in a freaking sex game where sex is missing after half year.. the time put in that shitty dance scene could have gone to something for other girls..

And above all the content of the game that is only for 33% of players... when someone says anything in this thread the dev gaslights them and laughs at them for "avoiding" scenes... absolutely ridiculous behavior and rude , i don't know if it got to their heads or what but that is no way to respond to someone that was not rude, and was just disappointed and voiced that fact.

I am disappointed still didnt want to comment...but the way the dev just slapped away someone's comment with laughter seems so weird.

I loved this game when it started but clearly this is not what it used to be...like for example 2 scenes of masturbation is what is considered "high" for this game that was once absolute peak of sexual content .. half year for 2x masturbation....

TD1900

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
Wild how this incredible game with great developers keeps it on same bad track of taking half a year for updates... and this update with 0 content for 66% of the fans.
They used to put so much effort into animation as well. They are still good but the new scenes while good they lack creativity and seems to cut short of the work .... they get all these angles on normal conversations and slight adjustments of the models BUT when it comes to the actual sexual stuff like the handjob that was same one animation with with a bit of speed before the cum... or bj in this update they didnt do what they could do and are able to do... seems they get lazy or something. no extra movement from girl just one animation(which i agree is great) but yeah.. lazy unlike other times they proved that can be done better AND IN FASTER UPDATE TIME.

I bet they are proud especially of the freaking dance scene.. in a freaking sex game where sex is missing after half year.. the time put in that shitty dance scene could have gone to something for other girls..

And above all the content of the game that is only for 33% of players... when someone says anything in this thread the dev gaslights them and laughs at them for "avoiding" scenes... absolutely ridiculous behavior and rude , i don't know if it got to their heads or what but that is no way to respond to someone that was not rude, and was just disappointed and voiced that fact.

I am disappointed still didnt want to comment...but the way the dev just slapped away someone's comment with laughter seems so weird.

I loved this game when it started but clearly this is not what it used to be...like for example 2 scenes of masturbation is what is considered "high" for this game that was once absolute peak of sexual content .. half year for 2x masturbation....
Considering your hostility, I don't think you're looking for a conversation, but I do want to make some clarifications for posterity sake and so people aren't misinformed.

The update took 4 months, not half a year.

0 content for 66% of the fans

All the dances took like a day or two to assemble. They're precanned, my dude. GIL has grown wonderfully as an animator, but he's not constructing an entire dance sequence.

The guy I "laughed at" was glib and rude. With the other post I quoted, which essentially said the same thing but in a more constructive way, I explained the reasoning behind our approach and thanked him for the feedback.

The Rosalind and the club bathroom scenes are economical, yes. We picked our battles there, deemed them minor scenes, but still nice enough to have - and personally, I think the club bj is GIL's best blowjob animation. Would I have liked them to be more comprehensive? Sure. I always do, but not every scene needs to be the 30+ animation slugfest that Hana, Mina, and Veronica (in this very update) got.

With that said, if you play the next one, I hope it's more to your liking.

Biscardone

May 2, 2020

I'll take this as the signpost of what confirmation bias is. You've taken each and every facet of this update and its circumstances you could and spun it against TD and GIL.

So, in order:
  • They are on a bad track with updates
  • They have become complacent, uncreative and lazy with animations and posing
  • They concentrate on the "wrong aspects of the game" (i.e. dance scene)
  • They are haughty and patronizing, openly mocking their audience (oh, and also gaslighting them somehow)
Frankly, I don't think anyone can make a dent in such a perspective. Citing facts (i.e. TD openly explained the philosophy behind this update and the approach it took months ago) won't do much. It would also be fruitless to elaborate about the nature of periodical updates, and how tempering expectations - like adults usually do - might be beneficial, especially if the author declares beforehand he's gonna concentrate mostly on a single character.

I'll just say: you know what's objectively ridiculous and rude? Insulting the author of a game because he isn't providing what you want him to, in particular when your expectations are completely unreasonable. And trying to use the supposed majority of the audience to justify it (66%, right?). Also, taking a single update you didn't like and projecting it onto the whole game is disingenuous.

In short: grow up.

rcop101

May 31, 2017
Honestly i just wanted to say in terms of writing this game is probably the best written one i've played. Characters are fleshed out and dailogue options are dynamic, like one option gives minus points only for its branch to give double the points back. To top it all off the scenes are animated REALLY well and instead of just throwing in sex scenes constantly to hit every kink, they've actually taken the time to flesh out every scene so it doesnt feel like a side note but that they're a part of that characters route, like Felicia's scene in her husbands office, they had a fantasy that was talked about multiple updates before it happened and wasnt just "oh hey lets do anal now just cuz". In short great job, i only wish i had more disposable income to support the project.

YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021
IMHO: Dickens described this update best: "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times." I mean HOW many times are the devs of the AVN community going to make me THIRSTY for a beautiful masochist named "Alice," who automatically gets in the running for Best Girl? Not that I'm complaining, it's just weird that it repeatedly happens... same with timid "Rachels" that I immediately want to fuck. Ian better make good on his "promise" of a future threesome (or just leave me alone with Alice).

I'm not in the Mina camp (blonde girl amongst a bunch of women), nor the Hana camp (nothing turns a woman ugly like tattoos), but sex is sex, and content is content, so I was curious what happens when dating both of them, however this modded update constantly reminding that I'm cheating made me go back and switch to fuck buddies for both.

Although I'm normally a sucker for redheads, Veronica's physique and attitude is a huge turn off, and combined with my sadistic urges wanting to get cozy with Kathleen, I typically join her in purposefully targeting Veronica, so I never garnered enough Affection points. But again, not wanting to miss out on content, I replayed Weeks 1 and 2 twice to get the req'd points and the "reward" solidified my apathy for her. "Meh" was my thoughts on the scenes... and then I found out I had to forego Rosalind content for Veronica? "HARD PASS", I'm going back to treating Veronica like how I really feel about her, even though I assume that means less future content.

Speaking of [best girl] Rosalind: TD and GIL, you are such teases. I have both Rosalind AND a bag full of goodies, IN MY HOUSE, and BOTH go "unused". Yes, some content is better than none, but you really know how to string a sadistic guy along... makes me wonder who's the REAL sadist in this relationship. I was particularly excited after the Alice scene, thinking "if this scene is so impressive, and I'm not even the Dom, how much are [you guys] prepping me for the "main course" with Kathleen's goodies/Rosalind's Full Deal?" The waiting game continues...

Last edited:

sunaboz

Donor
Jun 25, 2018
And above all the content of the game that is only for 33% of players...
These 66% and 33% crack me up :D. Different people prefer different things and if you would look at the polls you're not even close. Favourites are Mina and Hana by far and then there is the rest. If it was up to the mob and not TD and GIL we would get nothing but bubbly blonde and tattooed brunette which would hurt the game in the long run. There would be no Grace (my favourite milf), no Sophia (my favourite nazi) and no Alice (my favourite widow). It would quickly become monotonous and stale and soon enough people would start to lose interest and wait on their next game.

The way things are now each update we get something fresh and totally different which makes this game the best there is. Personally I don't like Veronica much and most sex scenes with her do nothing for me (in fact sometimes I'm disgusted) but I still appreciate her as a character because she brings a totally different perspective to the mix. Imagine how boring exhibitions would be without her and how many great scenes we would miss if she wasn't in the game.

And the same can be said for every character we meet, there are no filler characters here, everyone brings something interesting to the table. That is why it's impossible for me to skip any Kathleen/Warren/Sophia/Grace/Alice/Chuck/August/Victoria and even Oliver content while in other games very often I skip dialogues of characters that are just bad in every way. This is thanks to TD's exceptional writing and GIL's exceptional skill as an animator/renderer (he perfectly brings to life the words that TD writes and facial expressions and general body language made by him is just perfect).

As for TD being rude it's not the case at all. Not licking boots when someone spits at you is not being rude, it's just common sense. In fact I'm surprised how composed TD is when responding to retards, I certainly wouldn't be able to do so and would write what I think. I admire his self-control and calmness when replying to such people.

YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021
Considering your hostility, I don't think you're looking for a conversation, but I do want to make some clarifications for posterity sake and so people aren't misinformed.

The update took 4 months, not half a year.

0 content for 66% of the fans

All the dances took like a day or two to assemble. They're precanned, my dude. GIL has grown wonderfully as an animator, but he's not constructing an entire dance sequence.

The guy I "laughed at" was glib and rude. With the other post I quoted, which essentially said the same thing but in a more constructive way, I explained the reasoning behind our approach and thanked him for the feedback.

The Rosalind and the club bathroom scenes are economical, yes. We picked our battles there, deemed them minor scenes, but still nice enough to have - and personally, I think the club bj is GIL's best blowjob animation. Would I have liked them to be more comprehensive? Sure. I always do, but not every scene needs to be the 30+ animation slugfest that Hana, Mina, and Veronica (in this very update) got.

With that said, if you play the next one, I hope it's more to your liking.
TD, I personally want to apologize for all the short-sighted idiots erroneously commenting on content and updates. I've played quite a few games that likewise release updates based on in-game days, and I would agree that there dev-time:content ratio is unsatisfactory, BUT you and GIL have a Monster Truckload of content in every update that I usually forget it's all in the same day. Heck, just the Alice/night time section of this update is already more quality content than 99% (or more) of game updates on this site. So please, pay no attention to these fools who complain about "their" content not being updated. I want more Rosalind content, sure, but your work is so good that I will happily wait for the content I want... just don't quit the game. This should be the attitude of all your players, but sadly I guess some notions are just too Adult for an adult content community.

Actually, with as much content as you guys squeeze into a single day, I would prefer that you have more frequent smaller updates that focus on parts of the day (e.g. morning, afternoon) or just have one H-scene as the focus of the update. Shorter but consistent updates are always better than content behemoths that take 1-2 yrs to release. However, I understand your predicament regarding storybeats as currently Abel's "visit" and the response to it are shaping up to span 3 updates, which causes storytelling problems in regards to the audience remembering all the details. I got "lucky" here in that my last save corrupted, so I had to replay his break-in and refresh my memory on what was discussed/inferred. Obviously, my individual opinion won't sway you and GIL to change your plan(s), but I hope I was at least able to give some encouragement and gratitude for your hard work and frustrations. I look forward to future funzies.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Was so happy to see an update, then while looking for the compressed, I saw it was mainly Veronica love stuff. I was disappointed to read that. She is good for humiliation and abuse but that's as far as I can see her for me.

Then I checked the changelog and was so happy to see that it has "significant" roselind content! I appreciate this.
I can't wait to play it.

Please know I'm not bitching, even if it was all Veronica love shit, I would of have just patiently waited for the update. Thanks for the variety even if it means a skipped update or two for me

Nightguy1

May 29, 2022
Not my kind of update but the quality shines through regardless. I just hope we get some scenes where the mc can indulge in the power he has on the women in this club.I understand that there is a narrative buildup to edwin doing more of those things of his own initiative but we are half way through the game by in world time so i hope this second half really starts to deliver those kind of scenes and not fall into that trap where you do nothing bad the whole game except u make the badboy choice at the end and get the badboy end.

OctoPriest

Mar 28, 2017
TOTALLY random, BUT... can't help but think of this any time Hana is having a music moment. Canadian indie band, dressed up as Transformers, with Arcee belting her lungs out belting out a Zepplin cover. Utterly random, chaotic, and epic at the same time!

Raoddik

Oct 11, 2021
Lovely update, felt little short compared to previous two parts (or it's just me) but liked it a lot, loved that side of Veronica, it makes me wish more and more for some kind of harem end (I know, I know... but let me dream :p).

Still my fav is Rosalind, hopefully more content for her soon. :p

Axeleen

May 1, 2018
yarr, ohoy mateys, i come bearin plunder!

pc

Mega

mac

Mega
Please always upload to Gofile.io and never to Mega or anything else. It's got a far better download speed than any other service except mega, and it's free, open and without any capping on downloads. So please use this service (and all donate if you can).

Thanks a lot for the plunder

4.90 star(s) 474 Votes