Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I think you're underestimating the amount of work this would involve. Let's use the Mina scene you mention:

Only in Mina's apartment:
- Just leading up to the option to cheat or not (55 images)
- Makeout and phone interruption with brother then continue (27 images)

Give player option here:
- [Canon option] Fondle boobs: (22 images and 12 animations)
- Other option, whatever fits your fancy: Let's just say same amount as fondling (22 images and 12 animations)

Give player another option:
- [Canon option] Cunnilingus (45 images + 9 animations)
- Another option #2 (45 images + 9 animations)

- Boobjob/Blowjob (53 images + 4 animations)
- Ending bath scene (53 images)
- If you turn down Mina (38 images)

Each animation is in 60fps

So just giving 2 divergent options equal: (67 images and 21 anim = 193 total images) and also tasking the writer to make the writing and transition from one thing to another make sense.

Each branch you do on estimate doubles the work for that section considering GIL and TD's effort of detail. Which becomes exponential if you do more branching choices for the player..
I already said I understand it would be more work. This is supposed to be a VN with variations. Not a linear KN where every action is already decided for the reader. You say that it would be a large amount of work to give options but even for the Mina rejection as it is now cuts a significant amount of content that they "worked on" in the end. Then you have the last scene with Mina and Falish where you can technically intervene or not but it is back on the rails right after that you have zero say in whether you want to aggressively finger there poopers out of the blue or not. All I'm saying is as soon as they start the player is basically ignored so "Edwin" can be himself. There is nothing inherently wrong with an opinionated MC but I think they have taken it too far in some parts.

You can look at the first night of the competition as an example. That has three(?) different endings with animations with every one. It may be the same animation with a model swap put it is still a lot of extra work because you have a choice of how you want to be treated. It effects the ending but even that one is pretty rigid. I'm not trying to say they don't do a good amount of work but it takes a significantly shorter time to make images and animations in HS compared to something like Daz.

You also have the traits that effect the outcome of several scenes. If someone is making an actual VN then they most likely go into this with the mind set that they will have to make several versions of a scene depending one the choices made. Not really part of the topic but social chameleon is single handedly the most used trait in the game. Every other one is about useless,

Last edited:

labmouseblues

Dec 22, 2020
I'm still catching up on all the updates, but I'll toss my two meta cents in - end of the day, this game is still a commercial product. If Coppola can re-cut his films to be more marketable, I think we can excuse TD and GIL for not emulating A Serbian Film.

Remember kids, only through the elimination of violence can we achieve world peace.

• Hey there
Reactions: TD1900

TD1900

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
Then you have the last scene with Mina and Falish where you can technically intervene or not but it is back on the rails right after that you have zero say in whether you want to aggressively finger there poopers out of the blue or not. All I'm saying is as soon as they start the player is basically ignored so "Edwin" can be himself. There is nothing inherently wrong with an opinionated MC but I think they have taken it too far in some parts.
Uh, so what I'm getting from this is, you do want to choose positions? But sort of.

The thing is, not interrupting the girl fun not only skips the fingering, but also makes Edwin less aggressive during the scene. I get that you probably mean you want some granularity between Edwin letting his id take over and sitting in the cuck chair, which I guess... fair enough. I appreciate the feedback. I tend to see the reader as the devil on Edwin's shoulder, rather than a vehicle for the player, which has its ups and downs.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Uh, so what I'm getting from this is, you do want to choose positions? But sort of.

The thing is, not interrupting the girl fun not only skips the fingering, but also makes Edwin less aggressive during the scene. I get that you probably mean you want some granularity between Edwin letting his id take over and sitting in the cuck chair, which I guess... fair enough. I appreciate the feedback. I tend to see the reader as the devil on Edwin's shoulder, rather than a vehicle for the player, which has its ups and downs.
That's fair. All I'm saying is for me personally there is a severe lack of choice in the sexual side of things. Like you say, Edwin's id just takes over and the player on his shoulder just has to sit back and watch what he does. Just feels forced I guess.

balboa2151

Jun 10, 2023
Hey everyone...I just finished the latest update and all I can say is WOW...I have a question? I chose to have relationships with other women even though I promised Hana that I wouldn't when we became a couple...is this going to come back to me and bite MC in the ass? I really don't want to lose Hana but I can't help myself lol. any help would be great thanks

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
Hey everyone...I just finished the latest update and all I can say is WOW...I have a question? I chose to have relationships with other women even though I promised Hana that I wouldn't when we became a couple...is this going to come back to me and bite MC in the ass? I really don't want to lose Hana but I can't help myself lol. any help would be great thanks
I mean, you had a choice to be her BF or her fuckbuddy for a reason... so yes, it will probably have consequences.

hth2m1

May 28, 2018
Of course it will. Just maintain a second save, or use the cheat mod to manipulate your flags/stats so you can get the best outcomes for everyone.

Reactions: balboa2151

balboa2151

Jun 10, 2023
Of course it will. Just maintain a second save, or use the cheat mod to manipulate your flags/stats so you can get the best outcomes for everyone.
Thanks for your help...so...I am using cheat mod to manipulate my points...does that help if Hana catches me with other women? Sorry...I'm just trying to understand the best outcome. Thanks

TD1900

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
Thanks for your help...so...I am using cheat mod to manipulate my points...does that help if Hana catches me with other women? Sorry...I'm just trying to understand the best outcome. Thanks
No one can tell you how anything will actually turn out. The cheating points you accumulate are more of a contextual thing to establish a pattern of behavior, so if you cheat on Hana enough, Edwin will stop thinking "but, but... Hana!" every time the opportunity to get his dick wet comes up.

I will say this: cheating on Hana will be a minefield. Not everything you do is going to get back to her, y'know? Sooooomething might though. Who knows. :whistle:

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Not everything you do is going to get back to her, y'know? Sooooomething might though. Who knows. :whistle:
Well i think its clear the thing with Mina will get back to her now that their hanging out Lmao

Honestly i was really disspointed we didn't have the option to tell her about Mina when we have the option to date her, like we had the option to tell Mina about Hana but not the other way around and that sucked Lol

balboa2151

Jun 10, 2023
thanks for everyone's input...damnit...I really like Mina as well...I guess I'll have to go back and make a save when I had the option to tell Mina so I don't lose Hana...it's tough to make decisions when it comes to having sex hahaha...thanks again everyone

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Well i think its clear the thing with Mina will get back to her now that their hanging out Lmao

Honestly i was really disspointed we didn't have the option to tell her about Mina when we have the option to date her, like we had the option to tell Mina about Hana but not the other way around and that sucked Lol
I completely agree. Hana is the one who wants transparency but it's Mina that ends up getting it if you tell her about Hana. There is no reason you couldn't tell her about the previous deal unless it so the devs can use it for a bomb of sorts.

Reactions: balboa2151

TD1900

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
You have the choice of breaking it off with Mina if you go the monogamy route with Hana.

I think "hey, let's try this committed relationship thing, EXCEPT..." kinda cheapens and undercuts the big moment with Hana in Edwin's apartment when he tells her they should give it the ol' college try. Like Hana very clearly lays down her expectations. No one outside the club. Should Edwin have answered "...can we add one more to that list?" Like how do you envision Edwin successfully navigating that conversation without killing the dramatic momentum of the scene.

It's not some big gatcha or bomb. The Hana GF route is the Hana GF route. No one is railroaded into cheating on her.

Last edited:

SlowGoesSlow

Jan 5, 2024
I mean at that point if Edwin cheated with Mina they are only FWB max. It would be strange narratively to bring up someone you're having a fling with (at that point in the story) to someone who you are wanting to start a relationship with. Whereas informing Mina the whole "hey I can't help you with your list anymore" makes more sense since you are ending that arrangement. The whole Mina thing wasn't even a relationship in any shape or form at the time so it's not like you're leaving someone for someone else so there's no point in informing Hana of a past fling. At least that's how I viewed it.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

Hey!! Some of us like to think we're camped out on Edwin's other shoulder! :p

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
I mean at that point if Edwin cheated with Mina they are only FWB max. It would be strange narratively to bring up someone you're having a fling with
Actually your casual lovers with Mina before the hana GF choice it would make sense to bring it up at that point that you made a "promise" to Mina and see how Hana feels about it and if thats a big no from her (doubtful since she really likes her and lets you fuck everyone at work LOL) is when she could can tell you but right now the story goes you become lovers with Mina and make promise/deal then Hana you have the choice to date or cheat or say go fuck yourself.. then you can tell Mina about Hana... I'd much rather of the option to tell Hana the first time around about the mina thing (she cn say no thats fine) just seems weird as fuck you don't have the option to mention it since you start things with Mina first not Hana

like im not even asking for her to allow you to be with mina just the option to be up front with her from the get go like "yes lets do this but just so you know me a Mina fouled around already and made deal so i'll have to tell it can't happen anymore tomorrow" Cause you know thats kinda what "transparency" means.. to be up front with your shit.

Last edited:

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
thanks for everyone's input...damnit...I really like Mina as well...I guess I'll have to go back and make a save when I had the option to tell Mina so I don't lose Hana...it's tough to make decisions when it comes to having sex hahaha...thanks again everyone
The obvious solution is: always SAVE when the gameplay obviously tells you that the story is having a sliding door moment.

Ctrl key is you best buddy, mate.

Hey!! Some of us like to think we're camped out on Edwin's other shoulder! :p
I'm just imagining a game scene with ename144's avatar floating above Edwin's left shoulder and my avatar above Edwin's right shoulder, both of us whispering in his ear what he's supposed to do and quarrelling because we disagree.

:unsure::unsure:

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
yep, go cheat on Hana, for sure you won't get your legs broken by Warren later on after August finds out :ROFLMAO:

4.90 star(s) 472 Votes