Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
The choice to keep it casual is the choice you're looking for.

Sure, Edwin telling Hana they should give monogamy a college try could come with a "but", but think about how that sounds. The whole point of that choice is commitment. Edwin trying to add hall pass clauses to his new relationship not only hinders the dramatic impetus of the moment, but has a dead end conclusion when you weigh what is being said within the scene about her expectations.

There isn't a dramatic contrivance you're being railroaded into. What you get is what's on the tin; Edwin promises commitment and can optionally follow through with it, and he may get away with some stuff and not others, or he goes the fuck buddies path and enjoys his cake.

If you like both Hana and Mina, all I will say is players won't be disappointed in the long run. The ground work started with Edwin's birthday party, and most recently, continued with the last update -- and just because you're committed to Hana, and are faithful to her, won't necessarily exclude scenes with that pairing in the future.
Yeah, but you can't commit to both Hanna and Mina at the same time, which is fine and realistic but that's what harem lovers want.

• Sad
Reactions: ename144

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I feel like not being able to talk about Mina (and the carnations) to Hana at that point is a big stain in an overall pretty consistant story with very consistant characters. That was so frustrating to read this "my two only choices are to either stop things with Mina or lie to Hana". Uh, hello Mutt & Jeff, I'd like to actually tell Hana about it if possible. Preferably now instead of waiting for her to discover it 10 episodes from now and be all dramatic about it. Why not have a more extended conversation where we could have asked Hana if doing things with the Carnation even "outside" the club was okay ? Maybe try to make her accept at least the Carnations and maybe say something about Mina (even without talking about the 'promise' per se). Make us promise "no other girls" or even maybe to stop things with the carnations after the last exhibitions or something I don't know. Added conditions, make things clear between Hana and MC. And if Hana can't accept it, then she choses on her own to stay fuckbuddies anyway.

It would even be interesting that Hana accepts it, but still has mixed feelings about it when spending time with Mina or with the carnations for example. Anything but that fake ass illusion of having only these two choices of lying or staying loyal to the T.
TD already addressed this but I think it's worth berating the point because you already *had* that conversation with Hana! She specifically said doing things with girls outside the Club was NOT okay if you want to be her formal boyfriend. That's why there are only two choices. It's not a false dichotomy because Hana ruled out the option for a formal, open relationship.

If the MC wants to bang girls on the side, that's precisely what the fuck buddies path is for. Hana is fine with that, so what's the issue? If you're worried about missing content, well, that's the nature of the game. Turning down other girls will obviously miss lots of content, so it's only fair that choice gets something in return. If you really want to see everything, just play through multiple times (or wait for a mod).

Plus, as TD said, being faithful doesn't necessarily mean you'll miss ALL the content with other girls down the line.

PervyParadox

Apr 26, 2022
The choice to keep it casual is the choice you're looking for.

Sure, Edwin telling Hana they should give monogamy a college try could come with a "but", but think about how that sounds. The whole point of that choice is commitment. Edwin trying to add hall pass clauses to his new relationship not only hinders the dramatic impetus of the moment, but has a dead end conclusion when you weigh what is being said within the scene about her expectations.

There isn't a dramatic contrivance you're being railroaded into. What you get is what's on the tin; Edwin promises commitment and can optionally follow through with it, and he may get away with some stuff and not others, or he goes the fuck buddies path and enjoys his cake.

If you like both Hana and Mina, all I will say is players won't be disappointed in the long run. The ground work started with Edwin's birthday party, and most recently, continued with the last update -- and just because you're committed to Hana, and are faithful to her, won't necessarily exclude scenes with that pairing in the future.
Allright, I understand that I may ask for too much. I guess my issue lies more into the whole conundrum with Mina. After all, Edwin also "commited" to Mina if we choose to help her with her list. I found it frustrating to not take that commitment into account. Commitment and monogamy aren't necessarely the same thing, after all. You can commit to more than one thing, with more than one person. The lack of choice to actually talk to Hana about our commitment to Mina, even if this lead to Hana deciding by herself to stay fuckbuddies based on that knowledge, is what frustrates me a little. It just feels weird to me that there's no choice to actually be honest with Hana, at least about Mina, in that moment which seems like the perfect opportunity to bring this up. OR at least the day after, to not have the moment ruined. I guess I wanted to try to weasel my way in the GF path while still keeping it up with Mina without having to lie to any of them. Could have smacked me on the butt for being to greedy by making Hana decides that it's not possible anyway.

But maybe having Hana know about it this soon (or at all) wasn't good for the story, idk.

The fact that the GF path doesn't exclude scene with the pairing is comforting in its own way, even though there's no way I'd choose that path now after this whole conundrum ruined the scene with Mina that came after for me (but only the first time, I felt peachy replaying it after choosing the other path, thank goodness this path exists). The whole story is nerve wracking in a good way, the fact that I still love it despite my crippling savior complex about fictionnal characters is really saying. The whole moral conversation is particularly enjoyable. Which is why not having the choice to be honest about Mina at that particular moment was weirdly frustrating to me at that point.
Yeah, but you can't commit to both Hanna and Mina at the same time, which is fine and realistic but that's what harem lovers want.
There's more things less realistic than commiting to both girls, especially when you had them both on the floor completely drenched from their own girl cum. Hell even the fact that all the fuckable girls have big tits in this world is less realistic. Also, like I said, commitment isn't monogamy. These are two different concepts. Granted the more you commit to, the less energy and time you have for each commitment. Should Edwin stop committing to his job in order to date Hana or have Mina panting on her bed ? I don't think so. Hana set her conditions, sure. Not being able to tell her about Mina at that point is what tickled me, I guess.
TD already addressed this but I think it's worth berating the point because you already *had* that conversation with Hana! She specifically said doing things with girls outside the Club was NOT okay if you want to be her formal boyfriend. That's why there are only two choices. It's not a false dichotomy because Hana ruled out the option for a formal, open relationship.

If the MC wants to bang girls on the side, that's precisely what the fuck buddies path is for. Hana is fine with that, so what's the issue? If you're worried about missing content, well, that's the nature of the game. Turning down other girls will obviously miss lots of content, so it's only fair that choice gets something in return. If you really want to see everything, just play through multiple times (or wait for a mod).

Plus, as TD said, being faithful doesn't necessarily mean you'll miss ALL the content with other girls down the line.
Okay, I admit I might be too greedy. Maybe I want too much. Maybe I want things too fast. The thing that bothered me the most is that we can't commit to both Hana and Mina right now, starting this particular choice. But like I said maybe it is too soon for that, or maybe it will ultimately be impossible and we'll have to choose to commit to only one of them (I sure hope not). I want to be able to commit to both because I'm just a fucking romantic, which I understand is really dangerous when you play this game. I don't want to see everything (already gave up on that) and I don't like having 50 different saves (kinda ruins my appreciation of the story). The fuckbuddy path is great too, and it doesn't change much for now, so really this is just me ranting.

The fact we don't miss all the content anyway is great, sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: TD1900

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Well people don't always get what they want do they? With no tag (not like we're only on the second release), anyone playing it for that is quite frankly, an idiot.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Well people don't always get what they want do they? With no tag (not like we're only on the second release), anyone playing it for that is quite frankly, an idiot.
I'm not asking for a Mina-Hanna throuple just saying how it is. Some people won't stop beating that dead horse until the end of the game. Same goes for the ones who want to fuck Edwin's mom.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
I mean...there was always hope... :PogChamp:

PervyParadox

Apr 26, 2022
I'm not asking for a Mina-Hanna throuple just saying how it is. Some people won't stop beating that dead horse until the end of the game. Same goes for the ones who want to fuck Edwin's mom.
The mom thing is a dead horse for sure, but I don't understand why a trouple with Mina and Hana would be. As far as we know, we can still get something with both, and literally the answers to my little rant include the promise of scenes with both of them. Therefore, the hope is still there.

If you guys are in it to ruin other people's hopes, at least stick to things that has next to zero chance to happen. The mom thing is a good example. Fucking Ian in the ass is another good one.

Ozymandias037

Sep 25, 2023
The mom thing is a dead horse for sure, but I don't understand why a trouple with Mina and Hana would be. As far as we know, we can still get something with both, and literally the answers to my little rant include the promise of scenes with both of them. Therefore, the hope is still there.

If you guys are in it to ruin other people's hopes, at least stick to things that has next to zero chance to happen. The mom thing is a good example. Fucking Ian in the ass is another good one.
So for me there's two things here.

1. I understand that you are merely expressing your frustration that the plot of the game, the choices that Hana and Edwin make, don't allow you to do what you personally would like. That's fine! You're absolutely entitled to your opinion and there's nothing wrong with you expressing it.

2. That doesn't change the fact that the game was written the way it was written. Hana was very clear about her expectations: No other girls outside the club. Edwin *could* argue about that, sure, but it wouldn't go the way he wants. Nothing about Hana's character suggests that she is going to budge on that requirement. Especially when she's willing to bump uglies regardless and the requirement is for a formal recognition of the relationship, i.e. boyfriend and girlfriend. Hana is headstrong, stubborn, and has very strong ideas of right and wrong. She's not going to compromise that just because Edwin wants to have two girlfriends. She doesn't. And for her to just change that to suit Edwin's whims would be a pretty big swing away from her core character. That's bad writing. This dilemma is just like any dilemma encountered in the real world: You are given the constraints for your choices, presented with options, and you make a choice. That's all there is to it. Sure, there's plenty of times in the real world (or in games, of course) that we'd all love to have other choices than the ones we do. But sometimes we're just SOL. People have dealbreakers for friendship, relationships, etc. all the time. That's just the way it is. Going back to #1, it's pretty clear you don't like that choice on the part of the devs. Again, that's fine! You're allowed to have that frustration and your feelings are valid! But making the change you want to see would require changing Hana's character in a pretty big way, and it would make the writing worse, and that would make the game worse. And that's *my* opinion, with which you're absolutely free to disagree at whatever length you like.

PervyParadox

Apr 26, 2022
So for me there's two things here.

1. I understand that you are merely expressing your frustration that the plot of the game, the choices that Hana and Edwin make, don't allow you to do what you personally would like. That's fine! You're absolutely entitled to your opinion and there's nothing wrong with you expressing it.

2. That doesn't change the fact that the game was written the way it was written. Hana was very clear about her expectations: No other girls outside the club. Edwin *could* argue about that, sure, but it wouldn't go the way he wants. Nothing about Hana's character suggests that she is going to budge on that requirement. Especially when she's willing to bump uglies regardless and the requirement is for a formal recognition of the relationship, i.e. boyfriend and girlfriend. Hana is headstrong, stubborn, and has very strong ideas of right and wrong. She's not going to compromise that just because Edwin wants to have two girlfriends. She doesn't. And for her to just change that to suit Edwin's whims would be a pretty big swing away from her core character. That's bad writing. This dilemma is just like any dilemma encountered in the real world: You are given the constraints for your choices, presented with options, and you make a choice. That's all there is to it. Sure, there's plenty of times in the real world (or in games, of course) that we'd all love to have other choices than the ones we do. But sometimes we're just SOL. People have dealbreakers for friendship, relationships, etc. all the time. That's just the way it is. Going back to #1, it's pretty clear you don't like that choice on the part of the devs. Again, that's fine! You're allowed to have that frustration and your feelings are valid! But making the change you want to see would require changing Hana's character in a pretty big way, and it would make the writing worse, and that would make the game worse. And that's *my* opinion, with which you're absolutely free to disagree at whatever length you like.
Look, I understand how the game is written and I understand the characters. What I'm saying in the message you quoted is that I think there's still hope to at least be with both Mina and Hana in the end. I also understand that my issue with the "dilemma" we're faced with is just me being impatient because I'm actually afraid to be wrong on that point and I want to "secure" that possibility as fast as possible in order to not be faced with the possibility that we actually have to choose.

But you people totally giving up on the idea is also pretty biased on the opposite side. Characters are not stagnant, they change and they evolve. Especially well-written ones. Hana would have never accepted to engage this much in the club at the beginning of the game. Mina would have never cheated on Ian from the get-go. Etc. I'm not saying Hana should accept a trouple just like this. Neither am I saying she should accept Edwin fucking every whore and hot girl he can find. I'm saying there's hope that she accepts at least Mina at some point, given the right choices and the right progression.

bateauivre

Aug 26, 2023
Sorry for the dumb question, but I forgot. How many exhibitions are planned for the Carnations? Three or four?

Last edited:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
After all, Edwin also "commited" to Mina if we choose to help her with her list. I found it frustrating to not take that commitment into account. Commitment and monogamy aren't necessarely the same thing, after all. You can commit to more than one thing, with more than one person.
Not all things you can commit to are compatible with one another, simple as that. Having one commitment can exclude ability to commit to another thing, when natures of these commitments are mutually exclusive.

Bill Temple

May 20, 2021
Yes, but if a Carnation wins 3 races in a row like in the previous year's Exhibition won by Alison Smith, would only 3 exhibitions be enough?
Winning the series in 3 doesn't seem like something that Kat would allow. She's devious and evil enough that I'm sure something will cause the contest to go into game 4.
Edit: But now that you mention it, we shouldn't risk TD1900 and GIL3D getting burned out and using your plan as an early exit strategy from this purgatory they've exiled themselves to. Hurry over to Patreon and Substar, gentlemen! If we vote loudly enough with our wallets, we can ensure this twisted contest goes the distance!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ename144

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Yes, but if a Carnation wins 3 races in a row like in the previous year's Exhibition won by Alison Smith, would only 3 exhibitions be enough?
Kathleen specifically mentioned that outcome was boring as fuck and she'd taken that into account when devising the current content, so you can probably expect at least some twist in such scenario.

On the simplest level, all it'd require is to assign different, increasing weight to each subsequent competition (or just to the last one) meaning a last-minute comeback is possible.

4.90 star(s) 473 Votes