• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and systems will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 4 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

ParadiseLofts

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2019
okay, do NOT access any part of the game by the radio. It will throw all kinds of variables off. That's for testing purposes and I forgot to remove before dropping the release.

The "play guitar at tophat" hint never goes away... it's just there to let you know you can. I'll edit it in the tutorial

The case of Lover's Leap is coming in next update. That sequence wil display correctly when you start from a save prior to accessing this bit via the radio. You might now have missed your sister and new neighbor among a few other things.

Sorry about the bug! Hope you're enjoying the game. :)

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
I truly hope that in the next updates you can fixed all the old bugs so that players like me not stuck and had to reload save files again, because lot of time I will overwrite my save without knowing and had to replay from the start

Reactions: ParadiseLofts

ParadiseLofts

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2019
I truly hope that in the next updates you can fixed all the old bugs so that players like me not stuck and had to reload save files again, because lot of time I will overwrite my save without knowing and had to replay from the start
Believe me, I know it sucks. One reason why I've made the changes to updates recently, to curb these issues.

EcchiSketchy

Jul 26, 2017
okay, do NOT access any part of the game by the radio. It will throw all kinds of variables off. That's for testing purposes and I forgot to remove before dropping the release.

The "play guitar at tophat" hint never goes away... it's just there to let you know you can. I'll edit it in the tutorial

The case of Lover's Leap is coming in next update. That sequence wil display correctly when you start from a save prior to accessing this bit via the radio. You might now have missed your sister and new neighbor among a few other things.

Sorry about the bug! Hope you're enjoying the game. :)
First of all, thank you kindly for responding so fast. Secondly, my dumb ass figured out after I made that post that I should've spoken to Dex of all people to trigger the next couple of events such as unlocking the agency and all that. I apologize if I made you all jumpy from thinking the game might've been bugged in it areas it actually wasn't.

ParadiseLofts

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2019
First of all, thank you kindly for responding so fast. Secondly, my dumb ass figured out after I made that post that I should've spoken to Dex of all people to trigger the next couple of events such as unlocking the agency and all that. I apologize if I made you all jumpy from thinking the game might've been bugged in it areas it actually wasn't.
hey, no worries. I don't know for sure what variables would be thrown off (can't remember), but definitely stay away from the radio late at night for now. :)

EcchiSketchy

Jul 26, 2017
hey, no worries. I don't know for sure what variables would be thrown off (can't remember), but definitely stay away from the radio late at night for now. :)
Hi, thank you once again for the immediate response, it's definitely a good look for a developer to be this much in touch with their audience. I seem to have reached the end of this version of the game and I must say that it's been fun despite the minor hiccups here and there with the occasional insubstantial plot points that indicate plot progression but it is nonetheless a fun game! The script was surprisingly tight, cohesive and much broader than I had anticipated going in so kudos!

I do have some complaints though but take it with a grain of salt. I know that more investigations and photo shoots will be added later on so you won't run low on money immediately but unless there will be a ton of them or they'll pay a lot, judging by the prices of Skinny's gadgets, I have a feeling you'll run low on cash pretty quickly. I suggest that there'd be an easier and faster way of earning money (outside of doing quests) than having to play at Top Hat every night. Perhaps you could earn money from sleeping with certain people like Gretta? Or maybe, taking inspiration from Mity's Four Elements Trainer here, you earn more from performing at Top Hat by doing it (near) perfectly? Just my "Two-Cents";)

ParadiseLofts

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2019
Hi, thank you once again for the immediate response, it's definitely a good look for a developer to be this much in touch with their audience. I seem to have reached the end of this version of the game and I must say that it's been fun despite the minor hiccups here and there with the occasional insubstantial plot points that indicate plot progression but it is nonetheless a fun game! The script was surprisingly tight, cohesive and much broader than I had anticipated going in so kudos!

I do have some complaints though but take it with a grain of salt. I know that more investigations and photo shoots will be added later on so you won't run low on money immediately but unless there will be a ton of them or they'll pay a lot, judging by the prices of Skinny's gadgets, I have a feeling you'll run low on cash pretty quickly. I suggest that there'd be an easier and faster way of earning money (outside of doing quests) than having to play at Top Hat every night. Perhaps you could earn money from sleeping with certain people like Gretta? Or maybe, taking inspiration from Mity's Four Elements Trainer here, you earn more from performing at Top Hat by doing it (near) perfectly? Just my "Two-Cents";)
Thanks for the kind words. I'm currently working on the next update, so I see these messages pop up instantly to respond. You pretty much hit the nail on the head regarding pay for the gadgets. Solving the next case, if done perfectly, gives you just enough money to buy the lie detector, the most expensive item. I think peeps will enjoy how that works. To get an accurate reading, it has to be hooked up to the subjects... in strange ways. :)

ParadiseLofts

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2019
Speaking of gadgets, the shopping interface seems to be the only place where you can see how much money the MC has at the moment. Or am I just blind?
lol probably not blind. I think I once had it in the (somewhat dysfunctional) journal in the top navigation bar, but it may be removed now. I intend to do an overhaul on that a couple updates down the line, supposing we get the support we need to continue. Another improvement I intend to make is to limit the number of walkthrough tips given, as so many tasks can be opened simultaneously. I think there's a bit more player satisfaction when they solve things on their own, of course. :)

rednaxel

Jul 6, 2018
This game is amazing! The art, looks and feel are simply beautiful. It really shows there was a LOT of effort already put into making of this so far.

However, I'm stuck a bit :( At the alien "pefrect orgasm". I tried the controls and i managed to find 5 "positions", but the speed settings throw me off. How many speed levels are there? Sometimes I manage to find a few correct overall settings and I get her half-way there (and then it goes away), but on some other tries I get nowhere, while trying everything I seemingly can. Is it randomized? Or is there a way to this maddness?

ParadiseLofts

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2019
This game is amazing! The art, looks and feel are simply beautiful. It really shows there was a LOT of effort already put into making of this so far.

However, I'm stuck a bit :( At the alien "pefrect orgasm". I tried the controls and i managed to find 5 "positions", but the speed settings throw me off. How many speed levels are there? Sometimes I manage to find a few correct overall settings and I get her half-way there (and then it goes away), but on some other tries I get nowhere, while trying everything I seemingly can. Is it randomized? Or is there a way to this maddness?
I believe the speed settings are just set to increase by a certain % and have low and high end caps. The speed settings do not have anything to do with the overall success of the challenge, though. You may be missing the one that does "everything" which, if I recall off the top of my head it is bottom button, top button (usually used to clear any preset buttons, but not in this case) and then middle button. Hope that helps!

here are all the combos (i think):
middle, bottom
bottom, middle
middle, middle
bottom, bottom,
bottom, top, middle

Reactions: fugazi666

rednaxel

Jul 6, 2018
nope, i used all those and on some tries it's working ok (to a point), while on some others i'm doing the same thing and it does nothing at all.

maybe it has something to do with me playing on a MacosX? as far as i know, renpy has some time functions that are not compatible with mac. for example, SummertimeSaga has similar problems with the pizza delivery minigame and something that's supposed to be very simple on pc, on a mac becomes frustrating since it doesnt work right.

ParadiseLofts

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2019
nope, i used all those and on some tries it's working ok (to a point), while on some others i'm doing the same thing and it does nothing at all.

maybe it has something to do with me playing on a MacosX? as far as i know, renpy has some time functions that are not compatible with mac. for example, SummertimeSaga has similar problems with the pizza delivery minigame and something that's supposed to be very simple on pc, on a mac becomes frustrating since it doesnt work right.
OK, thanks for letting me know about possible Mac issues. I'll have to investigate. But let me give you extra tips to ensure we cover all the bases. Two types of way to play the game: one where she calls out commands, and the other where you take control. When you are in control, perform any action and she will grunt with pleasure or pain... wait until the words disappear from the screen before you start your next position with her... you have about a 5 second window and make sure it is different action from the current one. Repeat that cycle, and when she is maxed out, finish off with the "everything" combo.

When you are following her lead... do the commands she instructs, after she gives the instruction (there should be another 5 second window). If you pressed any buttons prior to her command or out of order, you can click the top button to clear the current order you started (hope I worded that, where it makes sense).

Let me know if you are still struggling after that... if it works fine, I need better instructions in the game. If it doesn't, I need a guinea pig with a mac. lol

Reactions: rednaxel

rednaxel

Jul 6, 2018
Thanks to your very detailed instructions, I finally managed to go through that part!

I was playing the version where I'm in control (didn't know there was any other, lol). But the problem was I didn't wait till the text with her reaction dissapeared. It seemed to me that if she grunts in pain, I have to change the position *as soon as possible*.

But there's definitely something off with the timers. There seems to be an invisible timer on the first idle screen and if you start pressing buttons too fast, the first position will be a "no / umpgh", but if you wait a few seconds on this screen, any position you choose will be a "yes". And if the first position is a "no", then there is no way to finish this minigame in a positive way (you get interrupted). Also, when she is about half way and you switch something that she doesn't like (instead of repeating the same pattern), it's a downward spiral, whether you wait until the text dissapears or not.

I'd say either delete the timers in this area, or make them visible next to her arousal level.

ParadiseLofts

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2019
Thanks to your very detailed instructions, I finally managed to go through that part!

I was playing the version where I'm in control (didn't know there was any other, lol). But the problem was I didn't wait till the text with her reaction dissapeared. It seemed to me that if she grunts in pain, I have to change the position *as soon as possible*.

But there's definitely something off with the timers. There seems to be an invisible timer on the first idle screen and if you start pressing buttons too fast, the first position will be a "no / umpgh", but if you wait a few seconds on this screen, any position you choose will be a "yes". And if the first position is a "no", then there is no way to finish this minigame in a positive way (you get interrupted). Also, when she is about half way and you switch something that she doesn't like (instead of repeating the same pattern), it's a downward spiral, whether you wait until the text dissapears or not.

I'd say either delete the timers in this area, or make them visible next to her arousal level.
Thanks for letting me know about this. I'll have to see if this is unique to mac or all of them. The one saving grace about this, is hidden behind this spoiler:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ParadiseLofts

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2019
Hi there. How much playtime in this so far?
Depends on how much one crutches on the walkthrough tips and how many of the mini-games are skipped. I think if you blaze through it using tips, a few hours minimum. Closer to six to ten, based on game skill levels, if you don't use tips. One of my best friend's daughter plays the shit out of this game (she's 22), and tries not to use tips. She's kind of our barometer of how the general public may play the game. Based on my notes, I'm almost 20% finished with building the game, before applying some extra polish.

Reactions: troll822

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Depends on how much one crutches on the walkthrough tips and how many of the mini-games are skipped. I think if you blaze through it using tips, a few hours minimum. Closer to six to ten, based on game skill levels, if you don't use tips. One of my best friend's daughter plays the shit out of this game (she's 22), and tries not to use tips. She's kind of our barometer of how the general public may play the game. Based on my notes, I'm almost 20% finished with building the game, before applying some extra polish.
20% finished? Not to sound rude, since I am not a patreon, but does this mean 3-4 years more of development? I.e. we're still in the early days?

4.20 star(s) 13 Votes