ParadiseLofts

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2019
yeah, I think I'm done with this game...to much hard work and as you say it's incomplete.
Much too complex interactions and seems unless you take copious notes of the interactions you have no hope of completing things.
The whole layout of the apartments just makes my head spin....if you have a corridor down the middle of the buildings and you see rooms on both side then how do you see into those?
I have tried four times to get a photo of Zoe that is acceptable at the club - I go to the club a long time back and as I said, I messed up the band audition and can't get back to that, and can't work out if I ever could get back to it as the only person I can talk to is the owner who want's the picture of Zoe.....I've tried hanging around the apartment and checking Zoe's window for 5 nights already and have not seen her walking around - I have NO clue how to trigger her walking around. Butch even told me to tell her to go back to the apartment, but the only interaction I get with is to have sex or not...that's all.....
I have four things on the notepad, top one is to get the photo, so I'm at a dead loss what I need to do now. The June quest is gone, so I assumed Bethe would appear somewhere or I could get to her apartment, but nope, nothing for more than a week of checking around the apartment complex. June/Jane have never had the option to introduce me to Bethe, even though I check every time I see one of them.....
It's been so long, I would probably need your save file to get a grasp of all your challenges. Be sure to try looking into Zoe's window late late at night.. it'll be the in the kitchen.

As for building layout, building on left: Austin takes up the whole top floor. Zoe's apartment is second floor on the left. Bethe on second floor, right. The older couple bottom floor, left. Murder victim on bottom right (later, your sister moves in that apartment, as well as a potential girlfriend).
Building on right: Gretta takes up whole top floor (she's currently on vacation until you get much further in the game). Rita and Greg on left of second floor, June and Jane on right of that floor. First floor left is Polly.

As for complexity. It is and it isn't. There is never a rush to get anything done, really, and notes are supposed to guide you (though you have shown me I could beef those up considerably, and that insight is appreciated). I always intended this game to be atmospheric and casual, but with plenty of game play elements.

Send over a save file if you can, or consider reloading before your first attempt at the guitar challenge in the club. If you succeed at that, you can skip the camera bit with Zoe. Cheers!

May 19, 2020
The aliens mindwipe Rita after the perfect orgasm. If you pay attention, when you leave the ship your character no longer has any recolleciton of ever going to the ship and the cycle repeats. That's a big clue :) Unfortunately, the payoff is in the unreleased Chapter 2.

You can go to the nightclub after speaking with Zoe and the location opens. It's when asking about the murder, if I recall. Talk to Freddy later about getting Bethe to audition there. I forget the sequence specifically, but the hints should help direct you. You cannot open the June/Bethe meetup and threesome until Bethe has a job at the TopHat.

I cannot stress how important it is to read all the context/interactions with characters as they happen (fast clicking through it, like one can with many VNGs doesn't really work with this, as it's very non-linear once things get going). In many situations, there is more than one way to achieve a goal. And as you score more partners/situations, you can almost always repeat them in some fashion (like photoshoots, sex, etc)

Hope that helps!
Can you say anything about what Rita's payoff would've been in Chapter 2?

Reactions: ParadiseLofts

ParadiseLofts

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2019
Can you say anything about what Rita's payoff would've been in Chapter 2?
Sure. First, I'll state the whole sequence never would have had to be complete to finish the game - kind of an optional side-gig once it goes so far. In chapter 1, there were 4 instances where your character had to find a key to get into Rita's place and be transported by the ship. You have to find a new way to get a key each time, due to a key being missing or someone being annoyed they already helped you once with it.

There were going to be possibly one or two more of these instances, but regardless, eventually you show up at the ship and discover like dozens upon dozens of Rita's keys on the ship... (based on how many weeks you have been playing in-game) and you get clued in that you have been there before, multiple times... and if Rita is mindwiped, you must be, too. So you turn the tables on the alien, give her the perfect O and send her off. Meaning the alien forgets she was ever there and you have freed Rita from the perpetual cycle. Then cue a new Rita sex act, of course.

Sparhawker

Mar 23, 2022
It's been so long, I would probably need your save file to get a grasp of all your challenges. Be sure to try looking into Zoe's window late late at night.. it'll be the in the kitchen.

As for building layout, building on left: Austin takes up the whole top floor. Zoe's apartment is second floor on the left. Bethe on second floor, right. The older couple bottom floor, left. Murder victim on bottom right (later, your sister moves in that apartment, as well as a potential girlfriend).
Building on right: Gretta takes up whole top floor (she's currently on vacation until you get much further in the game). Rita and Greg on left of second floor, June and Jane on right of that floor. First floor left is Polly.

As for complexity. It is and it isn't. There is never a rush to get anything done, really, and notes are supposed to guide you (though you have shown me I could beef those up considerably, and that insight is appreciated). I always intended this game to be atmospheric and casual, but with plenty of game play elements.

Send over a save file if you can, or consider reloading before your first attempt at the guitar challenge in the club. If you succeed at that, you can skip the camera bit with Zoe. Cheers!
Sorry, didn't see this until now as I'd moved on to other games.
The plan of the buildings only works if you are not facing the same direction at each point. where the mail boxes are, your apartment is to the top left, but on the over head map it would be bottom left. I guess when I see maps I assume that we always face north.
Yes, I understand that the penthouse apartments are the whole floor but even that doesn't work as you go up stairs in the middle of the building and face one direction to open the door...or are there two apartments at the top.
Notes, well there are two sets of notes...one of which you can only access in the bedroom...and of course if you need to keep going back there then you start wasting time...and of course some things are only on certain days at certain times...if you miss one then you could end up having to wait a few days to have another go.
As far as I can tell I've 'finished' the game...except I didn't get the option to do the investigation in the club (don't know if that is sparked off on a specific day/time), I also never got any 'drop in' photo tasks...so not sure how those get those or if they have any requirement in the game except to maybe make some money.
I must admit that the clock confused me as it looks like a 12hr clock but each morning starts at 12 and seems to end at 12....I understand it's difficult to make both hands and I guess you don't have anything with a specific time.
All in all it was an enjoyable game just a bit confusing in some places.

7twenty

Sep 11, 2017
is this game really abandoned
Unfortunately, yeah. They were hoping the game would make actual money, but it never got truly off the ground. People got to eat, but here is hoping they ressurect it some day. I really liked this one.

allinon

Sep 12, 2017
Teasing me with Amanda blow job after blow job after blow job for almost 10hours of my playtime, when she said ''I'll reward you plenty if you solve this murder case'' I was ready to decode Zodiac letters by then! There's still some content left to play, I still haven't seen this scene where Mc is tied and whipped, so have to finish that, overall I do hope you pick this game up someday and continue, It's really sad that you were not able to gain enough support for it. Especially with 2d art and animations, not to mention your constant activity with people in here, all of that it's not easy to achieve... hope you doin well my dear dev!

topagae

Jun 7, 2022
ParadiseLofts I see you're still replying. I think this was game was FANTASTIC. I was pretty jazzed it moved into a lot of genres, a lot of folk, a lot of story, a lot to do with just a bit less hand-holding than usual. I saw that the Discord/Patreon is gone. I was really sad last night when I got the chapter 2 teaser. Is there any ongoing development? If not, what are you doing now? Wanna make sure to play your next game.

ParadiseLofts

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2019
ParadiseLofts I see you're still replying. I think this was game was FANTASTIC. I was pretty jazzed it moved into a lot of genres, a lot of folk, a lot of story, a lot to do with just a bit less hand-holding than usual. I saw that the Discord/Patreon is gone. I was really sad last night when I got the chapter 2 teaser. Is there any ongoing development? If not, what are you doing now? Wanna make sure to play your next game.
Thanks for the kind words. It was a labor of love. I still check f95 routinely to see what kinds of games are being made. The only way Chapter 2 would be possible is to find an artist willing to share revenue. That's a lot of risk for an artist. After incurring those costs, it took both Patreon and Steam income to get back to break even. What little profits were made after that didn't justify the time involved.

So you know, I also developed a game called Irresistible Johnson if you can find it. Personally, I loved the potential that game had, but it needed more work and more support. It's a little more grindy (which would have been adjusted) but once you get into it, you'll discover there's a considerable amount of content, around 4 to 6 hours. Cheers!

topagae

Jun 7, 2022
Well I hope you find someone, don't give up! I played the indie dev game for a time, and you can often hit a tipping point if you keep at it. Good luck =)

Sparhawker

Mar 23, 2022
Thanks for the kind words. It was a labor of love. I still check f95 routinely to see what kinds of games are being made. The only way Chapter 2 would be possible is to find an artist willing to share revenue. That's a lot of risk for an artist. After incurring those costs, it took both Patreon and Steam income to get back to break even. What little profits were made after that didn't justify the time involved.

So you know, I also developed a game called Irresistible Johnson if you can find it. Personally, I loved the potential that game had, but it needed more work and more support. It's a little more grindy (which would have been adjusted) but once you get into it, you'll discover there's a considerable amount of content, around 4 to 6 hours. Cheers!
Is this it?
https://f95zone.to/threads/irresistible-johnson-v0-023-frothy-pink.82257/

4.20 star(s) 13 Votes