What would you prefer in a future text-based game? (please pick one of each trio)

• Total voters

StratosDBG

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2020
The short answer is one new largish event in a previously empty room with a big mechanical addition for female PC's to go with it, as well as some small fixes and additions, mostly to the UI to make things clearer, although I did also implement one feature that was requested here.

If you want more details I post an update every Friday on Sponsus and the blog talking about what I'm currently working on and how it's going, though the blog has a delay of a week.

Reactions: DarthSion98

StratosDBG

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2020
Release 3 is now public. Links and changelog can be found in the op, though I'll also include the links down below for convenience. All in all its a bit light on content, too many interruptions and heatwaves sapping my time and energy this summer. Hopefully, the worst of that has passed. Next update you can probably look forward to encountering the second member of the family, Charis, blocking the entrance to the second floor.

Paths Release 3 DOWNLOAD:
All
: - - -

Reactions: HorizonD and Back

dommatt87

Dec 11, 2018
is it just me or douse it seam like all the good sex parts of the game is only if you chose or get tricked into bing a girl

Malcowitz

Feb 14, 2018
The male parts are decent, as they're the only ones I tried, but you absolutely have to add a map.

Furmilk

Nov 27, 2019
The changelog leads me to believe there's quite a bit to do in this game, but I've just wandered around this temple for about 15 minutes without triggering anything. I've visited the high priestess, fed the pregnant woman some cheese and massaged her with oil, dealt with the abusive dick, gotten new cloths, changed my hair, probably a couple other things, but that seems to be the end. I wander everywhere in the temple from the ritual room, to the herb storage, to the priest quarters, everywhere and nothing happens. I'm pretty confidant the only place I haven't been is the eastern antechamber because the game says it's not released yet. If there is more content, how do I get to it?

StratosDBG

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2020
That's pretty much it currently, if its the word and passage count that's throwing you off there's a lot of under the hood stuff going on. Also most scenes have alternate versions for male or female or other factors. (Hairstylist acolyte has different variations of her blowjob scene depending on dicksize, for example.)

Furmilk

Nov 27, 2019
But in then changelog you listed:
--Player impregnation, pregnancy, and childbirth to go with the new scenes.
--The character screen now notes who deflowered a female Alexis once it occurs.

Aside from cumming inside Alexis's mother I haven't seen anything that might lead to that. I suppose the High Priestess you encounter could be pregnant, but the lack of agency makes me suspect not. Hell I haven't even seen either since the first encounter so for all I know they're pregnant and I just can't find them. I even switched to female to see if I could find these scenes but the only major difference I found was that rather than only being able to fight the abuser, you can blow him instead. I don't think I've encountered any sexual interactions which weren't one time only, let alone one where female Alexis gets deflowered. The only thing that comes to mind as a possibility for where I'm screwing up is that one room which is listed as outside the temple (the one shaded green on the map) which I have no idea how to get to if you're even suppose to be able to (assuming it's not where the encounter with the pregnant woman actually occurs in the story). That or the game REALLY hates if you switch your gender part way through and it breaks the scripts or something. Regardless there should be more to do if I'm understanding the changelog correctly, but I just have no idea how to actually do it. Could I ask you to detail how to reach some of these additional events?

Edit: There is one more odd thing I've noticed, I can keep bringing the pregnant woman cheese and oil despite having already earned the key. Is that intended or could it be a bug which is preventing the correct flags being raised for progress? It happens on every new file I try.

Last edited:

StratosDBG

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2020
If you lose the fight with the temple guard as a woman he full-on rapes you, which can lead to pregnancy. There's also one other way to get deflowered, although not by a man. Also, you should only be able to do things for the pregnant nymph once, I'll have to look into that.

As for impregnating women as a guy, that will mostly be explored in the ending sequence. You'll basically be able to choose who got knocked up or not.

Reactions: Furmilk

StratosDBG

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2020
Edit: There is one more odd thing I've noticed, I can keep bringing the pregnant woman cheese and oil despite having already earned the key. Is that intended or could it be a bug which is preventing the correct flags being raised for progress? It happens on every new file I try.
I was not able to reproduce this behavior. All of the ways of obtaining the key should automatically lead to the next room, and disable being able to access the nymph. Also, all of the choices for things to do with her are SugarCube 'Actions' and should be automatically disabled once selected, even if you change genders. Are you using the back arrow button at the top of the sidebar, or your browser's back button to navigate? Because if so, that's basically an undo for Twine games, it completely undoes your last selection like it never happened. I could disable that behavior, but I wanted people to be able to back out if they wandered into an encounter with high fatigue or if they didn't realize a choice would do something they didn't want to do.

I did, however, realize that I forgot to make the nymph react if you change into a woman after meeting her. That's something I'll need to rectify. Perhaps I'll also add a little blurb to the start screen informing players about the back button.

Furmilk

Nov 27, 2019
You don't encounter her again, you can freely move between the various locations without interruption. However, the prompt to deliver oil or cheese are still there if you go west to the oil spring or kitchen, which you can do in order to interact with her again and be teleported to that section of the map. Also, thank god for that back button because I tried so many different combat options before I realized the only way to lose to the guard is to just be tired.

StratosDBG

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2020
Oh, that makes things a bit clearer. The variables that make those not show up twice weren't being properly set. Fixed for the next version. I should really try to playtest more thoroughly myself.

This seems like a pretty small issue that's only going to crop up if you explore rooms you've already been to, so I don't think it calls for a bugfix release. Thanks for the feedback.

earthunwapped

Oct 5, 2019
Hey, a slightly big/small suggestion. Could you add a map with a blip indicating where you are? It is frustrating looking at an image of a map and the game. An example would be Parasite Infection, the first level gave you a map to follow, to know how many clicks and where to go... really helps.

StratosDBG

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2020
I've done some looking into this before when I first added the map, I wanted something that showed you where you're currently are and revealed itself as you explored rooms, rather than a map that gave you the whole layout right away. The problem with something like that is Twine 2 isn't really designed to be very graphical in nature, the only way to add even basic images at all is to break them down into base64 hex code and dump that in a special passage. And the only way for me to do what you ask within Twine's format is to have a separate image for every room to have a dot in it, and then switch what image is displayed for a map depending on which room you are currently in. Making the images would be tedious, but doable, then I would have to convert it into Base64 and each image would require its own special passage filled with a massive wall of hex code, and then set up a massive sequence of If/ElseIf macros querying whether you're in a particular room until it finds the one you're actually in and displays it.

While this would be possible, it would take an excessive amount of work, probably at minimum 2 weeks of dev time, would massively clutter the development area with a huge block of passages filled with Base64 hex code, would significantly bloat the file size (which I admit is currently tiny and probably wouldn't get problematically large, but still), and would still be ugly as sin. Plus the entire process would need to be repeated for every floor of the temple.

I don't like the current map, it's only there as a temporary measure because people really needed something to help them navigate, so doing something that would possibly require weeks of effort to entrench that ugly map deeper in the game is not at all appealing. Twine 2 does accept javascript and HTML so I would much rather make a proper map system that way, the problem being that I am neither a Java nor a HTML coder.

I was going to take some time to look into it more once the first floor was complete, which is probably two or three updates away.

TL;DR: I don't feel like putting in a huge amount of effort making the current slapdash map slightly better, and would much rather invest the time replacing it with something superior once the first floor is fleshed out.

Deathlore421

Jul 11, 2020
isnt there only three sex scenes (with alexis as a male) in the game? The mom, the nymph, and the vampire?

StratosDBG

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2020
The acolyte who styles your hair also gives you a blowjob if you take her up on her offer.

4.60 star(s) 14 Votes