What would you prefer in a future text-based game? (please pick one of each trio)

• Total voters

StratosDBG

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2020
One encounter is complete and Charis' encounter is underway. Development has slowed down because I've had to start job hunting since my savings have run out, so it might take a while to chug through all the different sex scenes. If you want more details, I post weekly updates for supporters on Sponsus every Friday, which are posted publicly on the blog after a week. Links to both are in the OP.

Last edited:

eXeAmarantha

Feb 16, 2018
I really like your game so far, but if you want it to gain any kind of attention, you should consider releasing updates somewhat frequently (once a month or so at least) so people don't think the game dead.
As things stand, there hasn't been a release in over half a year...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: lnppo

Opinade

Apr 3, 2019
I really like your game so far, but if you want it to gain any kind of attention, you should consider releasing updates somewhat frequently (once a month or so at least) so people don't think the game dead.
As things stand, there hasn't been a release in over half a year...
And yet there's weekly progress updates on their blog, so it's not like there's no information.

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: lnppo

StratosDBG

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2020
No, I've also been worrying about the rate of updates and have talked about it some on my blog, but not everyone follows dev blogs, so I should have talked about it here as well. However, at the rate of development I started at, if I pushed out an update every month they'd be full of half-finished scenes. That being said I managed to get the first few updates out about two months apart. The reason this current update is taking so long is it's adding a family encounter, which are going to be among the longest, with lots of sex scenes and variations of what you can do. And on top of that, I had to stop and add an entirely separate encounter with another character so something I wanted to do with the family event made sense, so that's kinda my fault. If I'd planned better I could have put that event into a release before this one to cut down on time between releases.

I will however, point out that the current release has 81451 words which is already novel-length, and the current in dev version has 99046 words. That's almost a 25% increase, and I still have 3 more scenes to write before this release is done.

Now, as I've said on the blog I've done a couple of things to manage my writing time better and give me a more consistent amount of time each day, rather than just grabbing an hour here and there, which has seemed to effectively about double how much I get done each week, so releases will probably be a bit faster, and I'll see if I can think up a way to break up big scenes like this as well that won't leave me feeling like I'm putting out unfinished crap.

DarthSion98

May 31, 2020
No, I've also been worrying about the rate of updates and have talked about it some on my blog, but not everyone follows dev blogs, so I should have talked about it here as well. However, at the rate of development I started at, if I pushed out an update every month they'd be full of half-finished scenes. That being said I managed to get the first few updates out about two months apart. The reason this current update is taking so long is it's adding a family encounter, which are going to be among the longest, with lots of sex scenes and variations of what you can do. And on top of that, I had to stop and add an entirely separate encounter with another character so something I wanted to do with the family event made sense, so that's kinda my fault. If I'd planned better I could have put that event into a release before this one to cut down on time between releases.

I will however, point out that the current release has 81451 words which is already novel-length, and the current in dev version has 99046 words. That's almost a 25% increase, and I still have 3 more scenes to write before this release is done.

Now, as I've said on the blog I've done a couple of things to manage my writing time better and give me a more consistent amount of time each day, rather than just grabbing an hour here and there, which has seemed to effectively about double how much I get done each week, so releases will probably be a bit faster, and I'll see if I can think up a way to break up big scenes like this as well that won't leave me feeling like I'm putting out unfinished crap.
Ah, it's alright.
Take your time.
I'd rather see some quality stuff that takes a little longer than half finished stuff in half the time.

Harel

Jun 19, 2018
The file from anonfiles says that it's an msi (installer) and that it installs 'Congruent Carrion.exe'. Why is this?

HorizonD

Apr 25, 2018
The file from anonfiles says that it's an msi (installer) and that it installs 'Congruent Carrion.exe'. Why is this?
Are you sure you have the correct link?
My download file says: Paths Release 3.html

I may be wrong but if you got that file by clicking on the link in the op, you may check your browser/OS if you have malware.

StratosDBG

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2020
Checked myself and it seems normal. It should be a 1.03 mb HTML file like Horizon said. Either anonfiles or your browser may have something funny going on. I'd suggest a quick virus scan and then trying a different download link if the problem is still present.

Harel

Jun 19, 2018
Checked myself and it seems normal. It should be a 1.03 mb HTML file like Horizon said. Either anonfiles or your browser may have something funny going on. I'd suggest a quick virus scan and then trying a different download link if the problem is still present.
I just tried it again, and it was an 'Ad' popup from anonfiles that listed the filename in the name of the garbage app that was trying to be installed. My mistake.

Thanks for the advice, BTW.

HorizonD

Apr 25, 2018
I just tried it again, and it was an 'Ad' popup from anonfiles that listed the filename in the name of the garbage app that was trying to be installed. My mistake.

Thanks for the advice, BTW.
Luckily it was only that. Have fun playing Paths. ^^

(I use an adblocker and a script blocker (umatrix) on firefox. It helps to not get some weird stuff. ^^ )

StratosDBG

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2020
Alright, Release 4 has been published on Sponsus and will automatically release in a week on the blog, after which I will update the op here. Although, as with the previous versions if someone gets a copy early and posts the links here I'll of course add them to the op.

I imagine it feels like forever since Release 3. Definitely gonna have to think of a way to break up larger encounters, because Charis isn't gonna be the biggest by a long shot...

StratosDBG

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2020
It should be attached to the full post at the bottom, make sure to click through. I've gone ahead and re-attached it though, just in case Sponsus wasn't displaying it or it didn't submit or upload properly or something.

Reactions: DarthSion98

DracoBorealis

Dec 13, 2020
How to lose the fight with guard? I came tired and not touching other options but either win or just manage to run pass Him every time Lol.

4.60 star(s) 14 Votes